PDA

View Full Version : Defensive stats and players need some help

Zendfrim
06-13-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't know about any of you, but as a defensive player focusing purely on NOT leveling, and only dominating the income scene, I have to say, the neglect has become staggering. I would like to draw attention to the fact that good hood developers and defensive players are facing people that are now going to have unbelievable attack stats and points. We face the black widow, the bank buster, and now people with 20% more attack from vehicles.

I say more events and items geared defensively are needed. The income event was a sight for sore eyes. Now I think we need an item that ups defensive points by 200 to offset this ridiculous amount of attack points that has been dispersed.

Now before people start attacking me on here, realize that good hoods make this game work. Without those of us who don't level our character and only level our buildings, most of your reason to attack or even play is gone. I deserve to defend myself with great defensively intended gear against those who are not worthy to set foot in my hood. Some of that gear should add tons of defensive skill points and robbery defense.

There needs to be better incentive to develop a great hood as well as items to protect it.

I also still think the defense that's displayed needs to be far more accurate than it is. There are two defensive numbers that should be displayed, not one. Robbery, and attack defense.

Munch on it
06-13-2012, 01:20 AM
I don't care Ive got both the bank buster and the black widow hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

outbackhat
06-13-2012, 01:29 AM
If your defensive and concentrating on income it seems to me you should spend some on defense from people like me.

The Billionaire
06-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Most of the event items won at intervals 3,5,7 & 9 have had great defensive stats for the past couple of events so that's the offset you wanted.

Now before people start attacking me on here, realize that good hoods make this game work. Without those of us who don't level our character and only level our buildings, most of your reason to attack or even play is gone.

You talk about ridiculous, this quote is exactly that! Hoods make this game work, good hoods make this game interesting and fun because you can go to war with other players! So if 'those of you' disappeared i don't think it would have any impact.

A good player focuses on all areas of the game, if someone's attack stat is better than yours then it probably means their defense stat is better than yours as well. It's not like there's a mass of people running around with monster attack and no defense.

Keep improving in all areas and if your hood is dominating the income scene then it shouldn't be a problem raising a couple of million to buy some weapons.

Send me your mafia code so i can check out your hood, i might be wrong.

AppleMacGuy
06-13-2012, 03:18 AM
There needs to be better incentive to develop a great hood as well as items to protect it.

No incentive is needed in reality...the best and simplest defence is to collect as near to 100% as you can. If you can't collect all 24/48 hours with 100% collection rate then either you're too lazy or not committed to the game enough.

Also, get rid of anything below 6 hours as soon as practical...offset your losses through being robbed by robbing others for 2-10 times your losses....not that hard.

Essentially, what makes the game enjoyable from a rob perspective is lazy players who don't collect...they don't deserve massive defence capability as a solution to their laziness.

Hank
06-13-2012, 03:28 AM
zendfrim, i agree with you that the game could become unbalanced if things keep going the way they are. Defensive bonuses are needed to help offset in influx of new offensive perks.

The Billionaire
06-13-2012, 03:36 AM
zendfrim, i agree with you that the game could become unbalanced if things keep going the way they are. Defensive bonuses are needed to help offset in influx of new offensive perks.

After reading your thread i see where you're coming from but you've got to admit the majority of the prizes at intervals 3,5,7 & 9 in the last few events have been high in defense stats so there's not that much unbalance taking place.

The golden defense gun had massive defense stats which are better than my best attack stat weapon.

Fair point though the event bonuses need to sway towards the defensive side of the game for a couple of events

Hank
06-13-2012, 03:38 AM
No incentive is needed in reality...the best and simplest defence is to collect as near to 100% as you can. If you can't collect all 24/48 hours with 100% collection rate then either you're too lazy or not committed to the game enough.

Also, get rid of anything below 6 hours as soon as practical...offset your losses through being robbed by robbing others for 2-10 times your losses....not that hard.

Essentially, what makes the game enjoyable from a rob perspective is lazy players who don't collect...they don't deserve massive defence capability as a solution to their laziness.

I don't think hes asking for an excuse to be lazy. We're talking about perks granted from final event prizes, and lazy people don't tend to get those anyway. The problem is that a whole demension of the game seems to be slowly getting phased out. I am not one of those people, but some people's whole gameplay strategy is centered around defense.

Hank
06-13-2012, 03:41 AM
After reading your thread i see where you're coming from but you've got to admit the majority of the prizes at intervals 3,5,7 & 9 in the last few events have been high in defense stats so there's not that much unbalance taking place.

The golden defense gun had massive defense stats which are better than my best attack stat weapon.

Fair point though the event bonuses need to sway towards the defensive side of the game for a couple of events

Yeah, the golden defense gun, was one of the few prizes that had a defense stat greater than the attack stat. The gun that decreases upgrade costs is the only other one. If one of those guns had a +100 defense skill I would shut up and have no reason to *****. But so far there has been no prize like that

Nudie
06-13-2012, 04:44 AM
The game is skewed towards attack for a reason. If everyone just played turtle behind massive defenses, the game would degenerate into WW1 style trench warfare and lose it's appeal to the majority of players who just want to kick some a$$. Lose players means lose income for the developers. That's why the attacking player will alway have the advantage in the game.

Dr Girlfriend
06-13-2012, 04:58 AM
The game is skewed towards attack for a reason. If everyone just played turtle behind massive defenses, the game would degenerate into WW1 style trench warfare and lose it's appeal to the majority of players who just want to kick some a$$. Lose players means lose income for the developers. That's why the attacking player will alway have the advantage in the game.

Exactly!

Event prizes are geared towards getting people to play. Pretty simple, really. People focused on camping and growing their income alone should also be focused on collecting on time - the best defense in the game.

Spartacus
06-13-2012, 04:59 AM

Forgive me if I misinterpreted you but are you implying that Funzio/GREE makes the game unbalanced on purpose? Is the purpose for profit?

Dr Girlfriend
06-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Forgive me if I misinterpreted you but are you implying that Funzio/GREE makes the game unbalanced on purpose? Is the purpose for profit?

Not unbalanced. Prizes are largely geared towards increasing activity. Awarding everyone with more attack leads to people playing more. Awarding more defense would lead to camping more, which is bad for the game, and also bad for the bottom line.

Giving weaker players the chance to have more attack actually levels the playing field. Meanwhile, giving weaker players another 100 defense points won't really defend them from stronger players. Conversely, if you give already strong players more defense, that will only discourage weaker players more. While giving those weaker players more attack, you encourage them to go out and rob and attack themselves.

Spartacus
06-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Not unbalanced. Prizes are largely geared towards increasing activity. Awarding everyone with more attack leads to people playing more. Awarding more defense would lead to camping more, which is bad for the game, and also bad for the bottom line.

Giving weaker players the chance to have more attack actually levels the playing field. Meanwhile, giving weaker players another 100 defense points won't really defend them from stronger players. Conversely, if you give already strong players more defense, that will only discourage weaker players more. While giving those weaker players more attack, you encourage them to go out and rob and attack themselves.

Got it! Thanks Dr Girlfriend!

I guess profit always comes first for almost any company...

Zendfrim
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Exactly the reception I expected. How sad. Hank, you're awesome. You seem to understand the problem.

Lots of people talk about collecting on time as the ultimate defense. I and others I have talked to have been robbed with no buildings up for collection except for laundromats. Whether this is a bug or a cheat, it makes your perfect defense theory null.

I have higher level nightclubs and I collect them with a high degree of precision, and someone robbing them with 3 hours to go till collect is just not cool. This is something that must be fixed immediately.

Max Power
06-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Exactly the reception I expected. How sad. Hank, you're awesome. You seem to understand the problem.

Lots of people talk about collecting on time as the ultimate defense. I and others I have talked to have been robbed with no buildings up for collection except for laundromats. Whether this is a bug or a cheat, it makes your perfect defense theory null.

I have higher level nightclubs and I collect them with a high degree of precision, and someone robbing them with 3 hours to go till collect is just not cool. This is something that must be fixed immediately.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you isn't sad, and their opinion is worth just as much as yours.

sexkitteh
06-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I don't know about any of you, but as a defensive player focusing purely on NOT leveling, and only dominating the income scene, I have to say, the neglect has become staggering. I would like to draw attention to the fact that good hood developers and defensive players are facing people that are now going to have unbelievable attack stats and points. We face the black widow, the bank buster, and now people with 20% more attack from vehicles.

I say more events and items geared defensively are needed. The income event was a sight for sore eyes. Now I think we need an item that ups defensive points by 200 to offset this ridiculous amount of attack points that has been dispersed.

Now before people start attacking me on here, realize that good hoods make this game work. Without those of us who don't level our character and only level our buildings, most of your reason to attack or even play is gone. I deserve to defend myself with great defensively intended gear against those who are not worthy to set foot in my hood. Some of that gear should add tons of defensive skill points and robbery defense.

I also still think the defense that's displayed needs to be far more accurate than it is. There are two defensive numbers that should be displayed, not one. Robbery, and attack defense.

Actually - I think it's for that reason EXACTLY that Funzio put high powered weapons and stat boosters on guns...

This isn't Sim City - this is a WAR GAME.

Is part of the Objective to build income? YES

BUT when you get robbed - the other objective is to rob the other guy back for your money! And therefore the game stays alive... imagine if everyone just camped and built income?

These weapons give you a reason to get off your A$$ and go attack other people! Because if you don't, you will loose money - period...

And that doesn't seem fun or efficient...

+1 NUDIE