PDA

View Full Version : Buggy stuff with monsters

Aoxoa
06-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I do not recall who said this (or even which thread it was in), but I do recall the following discussion:
The event hydra that reduces casuality rate by 20% was observed to also cause monsters to have 20% more hp. I never heard anyone confirm these results or if devs addressed it, but it got me thinking...
Does this mean that the water temple has the same buggy effect?
Does it also mean that boost buildings somehow also boost the attack power of monsters and thus cause you to lose more energy when hit?
Can anyone else think of a potential bug related to the above concerns?

Talis23
06-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I have one guy on an iPad and one on an iPhone. Neither have the hydra, but the iPad guy has a definite bump in the number of hits required versus the iPhone. I haven't done an apples to apples breakdown on actual hp, but noticed that on the iPad, 3 hit mobs are now 4 or even 5 if the RNG is hating me.

Talis23
06-14-2012, 12:30 PM
So I actually ran some numbers and it looks like my iPad has mobs that have 15% more hp than my iPhone. As I mentioned, I don't have a hydra on either, so I suspect that is not the cause. It did seem to start right around the end of the last event.

My experiment was to go to first maps where each strike easily killed the mob. By defining how much damage I did, I could see a distinct difference. The cause is still undetermined, but I find it odd to think that char attributes would directly affect mob hp. Affect damage range? Sure. Affect counter strike miss chance, again sure. But why mob hp? The differences I have are as follows:

Char 1 - iPad
Warrior, lvl 72
25/15 w, 15/25 a

Char 2 - iPhone
Rouge, lvl 75
25/15 w, 17/28 a

The other loot, unit counts and types, and building levels are different but generally similar. While one of these could account for the change, I suspect that it doesn't.

If anyone wants to do an experiment here, pm me

Aoxoa
06-14-2012, 01:07 PM
What level are your water temples?

RandomUser
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Are you on the same level on both maps? HP increase each time you kill the requisite number of creatures & level the map up. The levels range from 1-5.

If it appears iPad & iPhone are on the same map level, are the gold rewards the same for both as well?

Talis23
06-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Water temple is lvl 3 on both, and this is the exact data I just collected

Map: dark forest lvl 5 on both devices (highest map I have 5 on both)
Mob: gnoll pack leader
Pad - 14 energy, 43 hp, 45 gold, 3 xp
Phone - 14 energy, 36 hp, 45 gold, 3xp

Map: temple of abaad lvl 3 on both devices
Mob: desert cultist
Pad - 24 energy, 58 hp, 154 gold, 8 xp
Phone - 24 energy,48 hp, 154 gold, 8 xp

Mob: mummy
Pad - 28 energy, 73 hp, 215 gold, 11 xp
Phone -28 energy,61 damage, 215 gold, 11 xp

Houseplant1
06-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Wild idea, or I'm just stupid. Is your hero strength the same in both? I ask this because maybe actual hero strength is just calculated by your level, but adding skill points to improve it just lowers mob hp each time. I'm probably completely wrong, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

eternalfire
06-15-2012, 12:56 AM
wonder if the bug is going to be fixed x_x hunting just got so much harder

Aoxoa
06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Ok so this is even stranger...
I just examined my iPhone vs iPad and saw that for all my maps (regardless of level, but yes even same level maps), the energy cost to attack was significantly less on the iPad than the iPhone. However, the mob hp is the exact same.
Example:
Orc hexer at splinterbone canyon level 1:
On my phone it says it costs 59 energy to initiate fight. On my iPad it costs 42 energy per attack. Everything else is the same (gold, xp, hp).

My iPad has the hydra and my phone does not. Both have level 1 water temple.
Whatever this issue is with monster hp and energy is certainly more complex than I thought.

The_Red
06-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Example:
Orc hexer at splinterbone canyon level 1:
On my phone it says it costs 59 energy to initiate fight. On my iPad it costs 42 energy per attack. Everything else is the same (gold, xp, hp).

FWIW: Mine shows 422 reward. 16 exp. 42 energy. L2 board. iPhone. No hydra. L2 water temple.

Funkey monkey
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Problably simple ignorance, how can you tell what the HP of a monster is?

The_Red
06-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Problably simple ignorance, how can you tell what the HP of a monster is?

you attack it... calculate the amount of damage you did over 1 or more attacks. You won't ever deal more damage than the monster has HPs.