PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Climactic First Nanotech Factory

g8rlawyer
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Earlier this week, I bought my first nano. It was a lot of worry ahead of time as I wondered how I would be able to keep $20,000,000 out of sight. I thought I would share how I did it:

I was level 59, with just about 100 XP away from leveling up (level 60 is required to buy the nanotech). I had just over $10,000,000 on hand, and I raided a couple of folks to get to about 11,700,000 and reach level 60. I sold my two Nuclear Plants for a total of $8,000,000 giving me $19,700,000. With my cement factory at level 4, the cost of the nano was $19,200,000. I bought the nano, and had $500,000 left over. All total, it was 30 seconds of fun.

I'll probably try to get the next one without selling the buildings, and see how that goes.

manbeast
06-12-2012, 09:14 PM
lol. never sell money buildings man. thats not a good strategy. should never sell anything to buy something.

pretty soon all your upgrades are going to cost 20-30 million. you cant be selling stuff for every upgrade. you need to build a strong enough defense to protect your money. camp if needed.

Tate
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Interesting strategy for sure, but that had to cost you loads! I'm at 63 now and working on my first but I feel pretty comfortable so far. Let's see if I can make it, I'll post here if I get my a** kicked!

g8rlawyer
06-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, it's a 2 for 1 swap. I sold two buildings for $8,000,000. They'll cost $15,360,000 to replace, so I'm out $7,360,000 but then again, I've got a $20,000,000 nano in 30 seconds! As for defense, I think I'm pretty solid there...most people on my rivals list don't have an attack equal to half my defense. I've only lost 3 attacks in the last month. I just wanted to get the first one built, and the loss on the two buildings will take me less than a day to recover (unless I do some PVP, in which case it'll take even less time). I'm building the replacement nuclear plants now, theyn I'll save up for the second nano.

A couple of other folks on this forum have talked about selling trees (also a 2 for 1 loss). You'd have to sell 400 of the big palm trees (cost $50,000 each, or $20,000,000) to net $10,000,000. I did it selling two buildings that I can replace while saving up for the second nanotech.

Also, one other interesting thing -- I can replace the nuclear power plants for $7,680,000 each because of my level 4 cement factory (they normally cost $8,000,000 each). When I sold the nuclear power plants, I got half of $8,000,000 for each, not half of $7,680,000. You don't get that deal buying and selling trees.

Speed ump
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
But trees are green, nuclear plants pollute the environment. Now just build out the extra land to put the four hundred trees. ( you factored that cost in too, didn't you? ) you don't want any avatars getting radiation poisoning do you? The lawsuits could get ridiculous.

spectra
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
But trees are green, nuclear plants pollute the environment. Now just build out the extra land to put the four hundred trees. ( you factored that cost in too, didn't you? ) you don't want any avatars getting radiation poisoning do you? The lawsuits could get ridiculous.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaah....................................... ha
lol
Cheers

Dr. Dengus
06-12-2012, 11:20 PM

Just out of curiosity how long does it take to sell 400 trees, 10-15 mins? Not sure if my attention span could handle that, but I'm contemplating different options besides selling 4 or 5 railguns to get this $28m upgrade.

Romaro
06-13-2012, 12:07 AM

😄😃 go green

Bronson
06-13-2012, 12:11 AM
I just landed my lvl 4 oil rig didn't bother sellin anything and kept under the radar until the final hour when I started to get attacked. Onl lost about a mill tho so knocked me back another hour but it's easier than people think at these lower levels.

I don't wanna be in TCs position trying to go over vault over lvl 110

Q Raider
06-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Not really in my game plan to ever have one but here is a plan for a nano on an income of less than 40k/hr at a level above 105 (cause that is roughly how many levels you will go up to achieve this starting at level 95)

Cost: Around two weeks to set up the bosses on the last six maps, minimum return of 12.18 mil on them but nearer 16mil with the 30% bonus on missions. rest in the vault, reckon it could be done in under three minutes.

War Priest
06-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Buying a Nanotech Factory is over rated. :rolleyes:

Q Raider
06-13-2012, 01:30 AM

Raiding them isn't.......

War Priest
06-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Raiding them isn't.......

I mean that everybody acts like it's the hardest thing to happen in the game. It's only $20M... :rolleyes:

Arizona
06-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Selling buildings to buy another one?

...and what's your strategy when every upgrade cost 20million or more?

Jhoemel
06-13-2012, 04:18 AM

man this is the most hilarious post that I read!!!! hahahahahaha lol :P

Jhoemel
06-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Not really in my game plan to ever have one but here is a plan for a nano on an income of less than 40k/hr at a level above 105 (cause that is roughly how many levels you will go up to achieve this starting at level 95)

Cost: Around two weeks to set up the bosses on the last six maps, minimum return of 12.18 mil on them but nearer 16mil with the 30% bonus on missions. rest in the vault, reckon it could be done in under three minutes.

this will be my strategy too, going over vault in the over 100 for a pretty long time is suicide, haha

EnjoyLife
06-13-2012, 04:23 AM
My nanotech factories cost 82 million and my oil rigs cost 87 million to upgrade now. I couldn't sell enough to get that...

Jhoemel
06-13-2012, 04:28 AM
My nanotech factories cost 82 million and my oil rigs cost 87 million to upgrade now. I couldn't sell enough to get that...

wow, in what level are you? can you still save that much without getting raided?

Tuck
06-13-2012, 05:18 AM
I agree!
@ G8rLawyer, why didnt you try saving for it before selling buildings? Especially If you're defence is double most of you're rivals attack,it shouldn't be a problem. I'm building the 2nd now,instead of somethin I sold.
Don't know how many allies you have, but you're stats in relation to your rivals is very similar to mine. (I'm @150)I also don't get attacked much,except for the odd time,& most lose. So its worth the risk.

The only significant thing I did prior to building the Nanos was a little anxiety training. Upgraded my Oil Rigs to lv4(about the same as a Nano). When that went without a problem,I pushed them to lv5 (33.5 mil). Now I don't stress to much about going over vault & am lookin forward to leveling those puppies up!

Maverick50727
06-13-2012, 05:46 AM
this will be my strategy too, going over vault in the over 100 for a pretty long time is suicide, haha
This works the best over L100. I got both nanos, 2 L4 Oil Rigs, 18 mil expansions etc that way. Trees would never work for me. People say they get it easier in the lower levels taking days over their vault. If I leave money over vault 10 minutes I got hit. As for selling buildings yes that works but costs money and rebuild time. Then what magic will you do for your 30-50mil upgrades though. I found some of the best economy is a bought one with gold. Instant build time up front then low upgrade times for some too. Quick pop to IPH. Costs gold and I'm a free player so I only have 2 solar arrays from tapjoy.

Arizona
06-13-2012, 06:30 AM
All I know is what I did myself. My strategy for building Nanotechs is to do it as soon as possible when you hit L60. "I pity the fool" who waits till L100+, as from what I hear it's pretty difficult holding on to unvaulted money for any reasonable amount of time.
Other than that, I'd definitely look at ally numbers before I start a build. I'm guessing they follow a bell curve. Most players will have a few hundred to several hundred. A minority will have thousands; and at the other end of the curve, the other minority will only have a few dozen. I chose to drop allies and test the waters holding large sums of money for a few days to see what happened. A few people attacked me but won nothing, so in the end I just saved up and bought my Nanotech factories, one after the other.
Since then, I've held over 48million unvaulted without anyone taking it...

...but now, I've been attacked a lot more since I've increased ally numbers, so when I do come to upgrade a building costing more than I can safely risk, I'll either drop allies, or just increase my D, or a combination of both. I'm not saying this is a great strategy for everyone, but it worked for me. Whatever you try, good luck.

Aidan
06-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Xtro is right. If you want to do, do it as soon as the nano become available to you. L60??
At lower level its much much easier to do it. Build a solid def and just save up. No need to sell anything or buying trees.

Having said that your experience on choosing the hard way might benefit you when you hit L120 and above. Unless you're willing to fork out 40-50k real money, there is little chance that you gonna be able to do a 30,50m upgrade without getting attack first.

So you need to be more creative. Sync your building. Line up the boss, make sure you wont run out of energ by calculating it ,buy trees,sell railguns, have your friend attack you till you're to weak so that you can have a cooling period, or whatever other tactics out there.

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
holy sh!t the spam threads right now.... well over 15 from the same guy

bigflan
06-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I know let's drop the ban hammer