PDA

View Full Version : Defend boost or money?

Selfproclaimed
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Consensus - do you have your defense buildings mainly around your boost buildings or money buildings. Which is more important to you

Thief
06-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I have my Defense Around Boost, Hospital and High Collect Income Buildings (12/24/48H Collect as a general rule)

Less than 12 hours (or less than 200k collect) i'm not all that worried about since i can simply collect in another 8 hours or less.

Aidan
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I concentrate more on my CF. the most important building for me. Its giving me more than 10k def. tho this only matters for rivals that have similar stat for me. The recent revelation by CCM tht def buildings do not hv any bearings on casualty makes them a bit useless.

JMC
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
They don't really matter. I just have them in a line wherever they fit.

Aidan
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM

True, i would certainly favor maximising space over protecting buildings if i have more land to reorganize my base

Dr. Dengus
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I concentrate more on my CF. the most important building for me. Its giving me more than 10k def. tho this only matters for rivals that have similar stat for me. The recent revelation by CCM tht def buildings do not hv any bearings on casualty makes them a bit useless.

Same, I have nearly all my defensive buildings centered around the comp factory. It may only add ~500 more defense, to the building, but I'll take it.

Bronson
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM

Same here I just put then in the gaps that I have between buildings not really bothered which ones.

Lt. Falcon
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
From raiding expierance, I have lost a lot of high end units to money buildings that have defense buildings in range including super hornets, stealth frigates (valor), to viper fighter jets and ballistic missle subs (cash). I have since placed SAM's, fortified bunkers and rail guns near all my 24/48 buildings. In fact, near my oil rigs, I have a fortiied bunker in plain sight with a rail gun and lvl 2 SAM hidden behind naval research facility just to cause high-end casualties to anyone who dares to raid them.

Aidan
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
@ly falcon i used to think the same until mark post this.

To the best of my knowledge defense buildings have no impact on casualty rates.

So, IMO its pretty useless unless you are running at low ally. Having said that i'll be keeping them anyway. I'll take every def i can get

Lt. Falcon
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
@ly falcon i used to think the same until mark post this.

Yeah, that may be true...but I would still think twice before raiding a building with any defense building better than a SAM. It happens almost every hit with me, no matter how much weaker my opponent is than me. i.e I raided a player with 1/8 the stats of me who had a lvl 2 SAM near a lvl 10 munitions stockpile and I lost a SH on the 1st hit, thinking it was a fluke, I hit it again lost a SE, and since I had already hit it 2x might as well get the 2x payout at the end, I hit it 1 one more time and lost a SH and an APC. Go figure....CC Mark says they don't affect casualty rates...just for grins, I want to see if he had a max vault since his cash was at 9.8 mil, I attacked him 8x, got 2.2mil and only lost 2 tree snipers.

Mad
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
From raiding expierance, I have lost a lot of high end units to money buildings that have defense buildings in range including super hornets, stealth frigates (valor), to viper fighter jets and ballistic missle subs (cash). I have since placed SAM's, fortified bunkers and rail guns near all my 24/48 buildings. In fact, near my oil rigs, I have a fortiied bunker in plain sight with a rail gun and lvl 2 SAM hidden behind naval research facility just to cause high-end casualties to anyone who dares to raid them.

You are not the only guy doing that. I had some guys going after my composite factory so I hid some sams around it and then upgraded the sams. I even have the composite building partially hidden and the SAMs are almost impossible to see. Kind of defeats the purpose though, as I wish they wouldn't attack the composite factory, but somehow it gratifying -- if they are suckered into attacking it -- that I might be able to inflict some serious damage.

Tctiger
06-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I have heavy protection on the big payout buildings which also cover comp factory and naval base as I'm uk ,have spread the cover over those mainly, if someone comes along with a bigger attack than your defense they will take what they want , if a big gold player comes along they can pull your pants down whatever you do .

Mad
06-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that may be true...but I would still think twice before raiding a building with any defense building better than a SAM. It happens almost every hit with me, no matter how much weaker my opponent is than me. i.e I raided a player with 1/8 the stats of me who had a lvl 2 SAM near a lvl 10 munitions stockpile and I lost a SH on the 1st hit, thinking it was a fluke, I hit it again lost a SE, and since I had already hit it 2x might as well get the 2x payout at the end, I hit it 1 one more time and lost a SH and an APC. Go figure....CC Mark says they don't affect casualty rates...just for grins, I want to see if he had a max vault since his cash was at 9.8 mil, I attacked him 8x, got 2.2mil and only lost 2 tree snipers.

That has been my experience as well. I am starting to avoid money buildings with defensive buildings around them. I may win the battle, but invariably lose units making it at best a saw off and at worse a defeat, even though I technically won.