PDA

View Full Version : Gold spending and fearing the big boys at the top. My take on it.

Kiss Of Death
06-12-2012, 07:17 AM
EDIT 10/July/12 - Go start at post #64... this stuffs old... and was too early in my understanding of the game....

OLD ORIGINAL:

First up there is no point reading this if any of the following apply:

a) You don’t buy gold
b) You don’t plan on being a long term player
c) You’re an IT try hard (not interested in your bull on my post go put your rand() input elsewhere)
d) You’re not an obsessive compulsive addicted statistical minded individual

Before I realised this forum even existed and within a few days of playing I figured that as you climb, longer term players will have had more time to build up income and unit types, that if I intended to climb quickly I needed to offset a few clear issues that a few hours of playing showed me.

I then thought about other games like this where people form groups at the top and you have two choices, cave to a group or try to bravely strike out on your own. So how would this be possible and what dynamics was I seeing?

First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)

Second, raided buildings lost you about 66% of your revenue. Or gained you up to 66% of their revenue (No brainer)

Third, you can only lose up to (at time this is written) $30k per failed attack or win up to $300k per attack restricted to a max of 10% of the unprotected cash on hand each attack and the number of attacks until the can’t attack any more comes up (Likewise lose $300k a hit). (again no brainer)

I then looked at gold units and found them wanting for the amount they cost to buy vs. their return and initially I set a rule of only buy units that had a (A+D)/G ratio equal to 1.2x the gold value or if one statistic was 0.7x i.e. A/G or D/G. This worked very well initially but climbing as quickly as I was with minimal income coming in I realised I could not replace losses quickly and it was stifling my fun!

So I looked at the statistics of crates and unless you are very unlucky then for the same 800 gold you can spend on say four mid-sized units with a 150-160 A+D total each (a ratio of about 0.75x) you can get 12 Crates with 100 gold to spare. The 12 crates give you 12 units that can’t die and you should get 1-2 rare (maybe the big rare if your amazingly lucky), 3 Uncommon which have similar stats to the 4 set price units, and 7-8 commons which are the equivalent of $2-6million dry dock ships… which can die. An average ratio expected on those 12 crates would be 1.59x when compared to the 0.75x and provides 12 (4 full allies) slots with undying units as opposed to 4 (1 Ally fully fielding) slots.

So now I get an argument “yes but I guarantee I get what I want…” so do I… I guarantee myself that I will have 12 units that later in game terms cannot die, are as powerful or more powerful than the most expensive in game cash units, realistically I will get 3 (of what you paid for to get four) mid powered in addition to the 8 expected lower ones AND likely get at least 1 much more powerful perhaps 2 than what you paid for to guarantee your 4 mid units.

Over the course of a year or two of playing building up the crate items, yes I may even occasionally get a 200+A and 200+Def unit… for 58gold… but I will have hundreds of undying middle and lower units.
So how does this come into my long term strategy with the big boys..?

Simple… returning to basics. (No Brainers are winners)

They can put out hits, they can come rummaging through my city/camp but all they can do is reduce my income to 33%... I’m still making money, and kill off a few of the in house cash units not most of my active army. Their tactics of attrition when they reduce your income and systematically reduce your units to a level you cannot recover from becomes severely hampered if not laughable. Simply manage your allies, dump enough that what you have left in perishable unit fielding allies is replaceable by 33% of your hourly income that you can collect during your gaming day.

I don’t care how much they plunder if my units stay fighting. And as I said, the massive number of extra lower units that can’t die bolstering up the mid and rare ones you get make for staying power. Then sure lash out 950 gold for a unit with over 300A or D but why bother until you have maxed out your ally count and every other unit is non perishable…

My thoughts anyway. I’m only a statistician and looking at this from a cost effective, numerical position.
Oh and I’m a GIRL! Had this out already. So I should add to the top. e) Don’t bother reading this if you’re a bigot who thinks all women are dumber than you.

It’s a simple system and has no bearing on needing special game play changes to make it work in my favor.
:rolleyes:
Don’t forget those great weekly free indestructible units for events! Every free one is a winner in your army.

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 07:20 AM
"First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)"

You clearly haven't came up vers someone with no cas glitch and 2000 SH etc.

Q Raider
06-12-2012, 07:40 AM
True Mickey, but it doesn't change the points made, just adds an extra reason to go for the crates as an even upper for those of us who aren't "blessed" with that advantage or worse are cursed with the disadvantage you still have re the Valor losses.

Even without the crates so long as you hang in there, then the event items stack up into a decent force on their own.

For my money the Only thing better than a crate is the composite factory.

GhostShot
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
tl:dr .

Ryans67
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
One thing your not factoring in to your equations is the boost buildings and the country boost. Part of this point is mute if you have all boost buildings maxed. Thats a tough thing to accomplish. If your russia, and have your air boost maxed, your adding significant numbers to the base stats of an air unit that is purchased with gold, which would not be the case if purchasing crates.

It might be looking to far into the future, but a certain point your unit density is going to have to eclipse the value of the common crate items, and you will not be bringing them into battle. I think there are a few players that have this issue.

As to maintaining your army through unit replacement, your forgetting that at the higher levels your army is going to be comprised of a significant number of valor units. Valor is not able to be replaced if your dropping allies and just trying to maintain your forces.

As to the best use of gold....Mine was using some on refills to win the PVP tournament. :D

Arizona
06-12-2012, 09:31 AM
No one I've seen on this forum has ever asked the first and most important question: What is your objective in this game?
Is it to compete with the big boys, gold bugs, pirates, whatever you want to call them?
Is it to get to L200 and survive?
Myself, I'd just like to compete with everyone else and have the highest stats I can for what I do as a free player. If I wanted to get to L200, I could have done that months ago. It aint that hard!!! In fact it's a "no brainer" as the OP likes to use.

Kiss Of Death
06-12-2012, 10:56 PM
One thing your not factoring in to your equations is the boost buildings and the country boost. Part of this point is mute if you have all boost buildings maxed. Thats a tough thing to accomplish. If your russia, and have your air boost maxed, your adding significant numbers to the base stats of an air unit that is purchased with gold, which would not be the case if purchasing crates.

Clearly you're playing a similar game to us but this post is for modern war... because last I checked aircraft in crates and ships in crates still get the same boost bonus both for nation and upgrades. So they are no different than the in game cash ones NOR the purpose bought gold ones.

...It might be looking to far into the future, but a certain point your unit density is going to have to eclipse the value of the common crate items, and you will not be bringing them into battle. I think there are a few players that have this issue....

Again I re-iterate, the lowest common crate item is only eclipsed by 1 single aircraft and about three or sometimes four dry dock ships. No Ground... No Infantry. So all the crate infantry will be your most powerful ground until you have 100% ships and planes... and all crate ground units will be your most powerful ground forces until you get 100% ships and aircraft... and of course we are referring ONLY to common items in that quote... again... my example... 4 x 200 gold units which are better than the best cash items regardless of type... or 12 x crates with 100 gold left for your PvP refills you mention where... you will get averages of 1.8 rares, that's 1 or 2 items in the 350-400 gold range value...PLUS at least 3 Uncommon with gold values of 185-215 gold value... PLUS say 7-8 Common on averages in the 40-50 gold value....) see the PLUS PLUS PLUS? In one set I got 3 rares and that included the item with over 200 A and 200 Def... about an 870-950 Gold item... for my 58 gold a crate. Your comments are wrong.

So lets assume you play forever and the common units mean you don't fork out millions and millions in losses trying to get up there along the way... thanks to the fact they don't die letting you save up. Then you also have 4-5 units per 12 crates bought (Rare and Uncommon)way in excess of the maximum perishable troop type. You also missed my point about surviving the big boys take down attempts by attrition. Your lovely 8 million ships die... so they run out... whats left? thats right a common crate unit steps up boldly to take its place sealing that door. And all for the loss of perhaps... 10 Attack and 10 Def until you save up your 8 million again.... moving on now...

...As to maintaining your army through unit replacement, your forgetting that at the higher levels your army is going to be comprised of a significant number of valor units. Valor is not able to be replaced if your dropping allies and just trying to maintain your forces.

As to the best use of gold....Mine was using some on refills to win the PVP tournament. :D

Valor units are less powerful than crate rares and only as powerful as crate Uncommon... 1-2 and 3 minimum average over multiple purchases... valor units die... my crates don't...

My tactic is not flawed, you maintain an ally number suitable for your manageable attrition rate and increase allies as you build your backbone. Each 1500 gold pack gets you 24 crates with 100 gold to save... thats 6 fully decked out allies that you can now add with impunity. Then add allies to bolster this with your 'eventual' valor and in game cash top notch highest possible to achieve ships... so far far far far away... are you looking for the 90% of current players to achieve that position with standard attrition? I think not.

I attack with only 31 stamina (only low levels still) 5-10 times a day. I generate already over 600 valor a day without sweat and lose perhaps... 3-4 units a day from perishable ally units. I often raise 3-6 million a day at my level in raids and cleaning up unvaulted players... I have 60 allies, most grunts and over 2376 units because I cant possibly spend what I steal in a day and am months away for the time needed while I upgrade unit buildings to reach those multi million dollar units... even then I don't really need them for a long time I'm only doing it because there is no point developing my income buildings when I raid without loss all day so nows the time.

Any way, I know I'm right, your just a man so I can't expect you to think logically ;) Lol

manbeast
06-12-2012, 11:02 PM
cliffs?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Jp lfs
06-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I actually think this is a very well written and thought out post. As opposed to so many "fluff" threads lately. So THANK YOU to Kiss of Death for boldly stating a light to medium gold strategy with some merit.

Yes, you could pick apart pieces of it, but as a player with a fairly respectable army over Lvl 100, the strategy laid out here is similar to my current view on Gold spending. Yes, I admittedly went overboard at times in the lower levels, but now I try to look at value over raw stats, and crates still win over LE's, in my opinion. I do have a few gold units that don't make my army now, but not so many that I regret buying them.

And when some super-stat whale or hacker makes me his plaything for a few days and decimates my cash and valor units, I will still have those units to fall back on, or even hide under while I rebuild.

I think this was a great post. Thank you again for your insight, KoD.

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 11:38 PM
@kissed death,

Lol, seems like you have a chip on your shoulder about gender. Those who think one's gender s better/smarter than the other is sadly mistaken.

Getting gold units from crates is certainly an attractive option as I have purchased many gold units through that method.

However, the answer to your question will vary pending on your definition of "the big boys.". If you consider a player with over 75k-100k a big boy....your strategy will eventually work against them.

If you are talking about someone with 200k, 300k, 400k...500k stats.....chances are you will never catch them with crates unless you are extremely lucky and beating the Rare drop odds.

Q Raider
06-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Can't resist....

Reference Wdigeorge's footnotes.
Q
Game Player
Russian Flag, Level 109
Income: <$40k/hr
Stats: Between 20k-30k A/D
Looking at that comparison I definitely consider myself entertainment for the paying customers.

Won't stop me having fun along the way though......

Kiss Of Death
06-13-2012, 12:28 AM
The strategy is about 'surviving at the highest level' and instead relies on playing to your strength by limiting your allies to your indestructible unit max and acceptable perishable unit max set by your 33% guaranteed collection rate vs losses... but to answer your question if you are nuts and rush out adding every ally you can... then...

No the strategy is designed to build on, I don't reason that once you get to full ally count and you max out the valor and cash units and power ups that you can get away with crates from that point, at that point you will need to target specific high cost units and try for some event 10th item specials that clearly boost your att/def abilities, wish I'd focused on the PVP in MW not CC which I won... I think the MW one would have been better.

No issues hence the smiley, I get treated as a dumb person because I am blond naturally, look very young for my actual age and am a woman. That and several posts referred to me as he! in this forum... watch out you players who did that! My shoulders too small to carry a chip.

@kissed death,

Lol, seems like you have a chip on your shoulder about gender. Those who think one's gender s better/smarter than the other is sadly mistaken.

Getting gold units from crates is certainly an attractive option as I have purchased many gold units through that method.

However, the answer to your question will vary pending on your definition of "the big boys.". If you consider a player with over 75k-100k a big boy....your strategy will eventually work against them.

If you are talking about someone with 200k, 300k, 400k...500k stats.....chances are you will never catch them with crates unless you are extremely lucky and beating the Rare drop odds.

Kiss Of Death
06-14-2012, 12:58 AM
No different Saigon597.... But remeber if you read the actual purpose of this post... this is my strategy for gold paying players who are worried about getting trounced by the big players when they do get up there. Slow and steady for free players is best unless you're a crazy hero :)

No one I've seen on this forum has ever asked the first and most important question: What is your objective in this game?
Is it to compete with the big boys, gold bugs, pirates, whatever you want to call them?
Is it to get to L200 and survive?
Myself, I'd just like to compete with everyone else and have the highest stats I can for what I do as a free player. If I wanted to get to L200, I could have done that months ago. It aint that hard!!! In fact it's a "no brainer" as the OP likes to use.

Wdigeorge
06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Can't resist....

Reference Wdigeorge's footnotes.
Q
Game Player
Russian Flag, Level 109
Income: <$40k/hr
Stats: Between 20k-30k A/D
Looking at that comparison I definitely consider myself entertainment for the paying customers.

Won't stop me having fun along the way though......

With your stats you are certainly on the weak side compare to those in levels 100+. However, with the recent introduction of the more powerful valor units you can easily double to triple your current stats if you play the game right without spending any gold.

azy
06-14-2012, 08:02 AM
<warning, Thur morning humor ahead>

For someone who doesn't want "obsessive compulsive addicted statistical minded individual" participating on this thread, you sure spew off a lot of numbers.

I'd ask you how hot you are, but you play video games, so that's pretty much answered.

But look on the bright side, raiding nets the plunderer only 60% of the building's income, thus leaving 40% behind. And 40% is more than 33%. Just thought I'd put that in terms a girl can understand.

</warning>

Ferr
06-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Hmmm, i fear i have no use for kod's strategy. It truly works till about 300k and perhaps even until 500k. After that playing with the big boys means a serious long term investment plan. The backbone of crate units will not suffice anymore. It will have provided you with stable gameplay exactly the way kod describes, my compliments.

bigflan
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I say instead of spending money I would go play Legend of Zelda ocarina of time best game ever fun fun fun and it's amazing

Ryans67
06-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Good luck with your strategy. Use the search feature of the message boards to get a better understanding of how the country bonus works, and how it will affect less then 25% of your all crate army. Realize that the country boost only applies to a single country, and last I checked they don't sell country specific crates. Your also very optimistic expecting to gain 1-2 rares per 12 crates. At 5% odds, I assumed you would need 20 crates. 20x.05=1?? Maybe statisticians have better luck then the rest of us.

Nobody is saying that crates aren't a good value, just that it will only last as so long. After spending $8,000 on gold, your stats will top out around 100k-110k with all boosts maxed. That's great for today, but people are doubling and tripling that with gold armies. Yes you'll survive with the big boys, and even be alot stronger then people with free armies, but don't expect to exceed your vault while saving for an upgrade. At the end, your either going to have to start replacing your common items with stronger gold items.

Kiss Of Death
06-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Hi Ryan,

Try looking at the crates... triple crates which I have referred to only in my post pay out rares at 15%, THE BONUS FOR BUYING THREE AT ONCE.
Just bought 7x3 of the new red crates... I got 4 Rares (including 1xOceanic, 2x Red Steel Jet, 1x Armored Transporter) 19%, 7 Uncommon (3xStorm Destroyer, 4 Defender Helicopter) 33%, 10 Common (1xjungle hunter, 2 Assault useless gits and 7 Mortar Jeeps) So really for my 1225 gold I added 4 rares 3 of which equivalent types would cost me 350 gold each (1050...) 1 would cost over 700 (Given Nautilus costs 695 with significant lower def value and def if you notice costs the most on gold units so now about 1750ish gold worth...), the Uncommons about 145-155 gold each so thats +1050 gold again for 2800 so far worth, the commons might be worth between 40-55 each in similar units so erring on lower 40x10 = 400... so this round I got about 3200 gold worth for my 1225.

I am however VERY keen to read that link and see if I need to factor anything else into my strategy, remember I am talking about not getting wiped out, NOT setting up to thrash the biggest players... why does everyone keep diverting to that when it is clearly NOT what this post is about??? Not even the title of it suggests it so... how about sticking to the actual meaning of the thread guys...

As to the comment about if I'm hot earlier on, viewers opinion I guess. But Gaming certainly helps :) and I have always been attracted to nerds. Just ask my husband... via blu tooth on his PS3 during COD247 - Modern Modern Modern, ancient, space, interplanetary, special forces ops commander Wars. Do you all seriously play that game... no don't answer and ruin the thread :)

Good luck with your strategy. Use the search feature of the message boards to get a better understanding of how the country bonus works, and how it will affect less then 25% of your all crate army. Realize that the country boost only applies to a single country, and last I checked they don't sell country specific crates. Your also very optimistic expecting to gain 1-2 rares per 12 crates. At 5% odds, I assumed you would need 20 crates. 20x.05=1?? Maybe statisticians have better luck then the rest of us.

Nobody is saying that crates aren't a good value, just that it will only last as so long. After spending $8,000 on gold, your stats will top out around 100k-110k with all boosts maxed. That's great for today, but people are doubling and tripling that with gold armies. Yes you'll survive with the big boys, and even be alot stronger then people with free armies, but don't expect to exceed your vault while saving for an upgrade. At the end, your either going to have to start replacing your common items with stronger gold items.

Mcdoc
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Kiss - I'm sure you're EVERY Nerd's Dream Girl just by the fact that not only do you Play MW - you post on a Forum about it.

I thought your Avatar was a movie pic of Reese Witherspoon. Even my wife was looking over my shoulder and said: "Wow, is that a real pic of someone who plays your game?"

Awesome input on the crates by the way. I totally agree with your logic as it is the best way to pick up the most Gold density for the money. Thanks for taking so much time to contribute to the Forum

Ferr
06-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Kod i am a long term player which is an important prerequisite to reply to your thread. If i can summon up the views it is obvious that most of us agree to the fundamentals of your calculations, period. Nothing more to say.
Can i ask you to start a new thread for the true long term players? Love to see you maths on that. Please include the recent changes to the game ;)
Yours truly
Ferr

Kiss Of Death
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Hello again everyone, I will try to get to everyone’s posts here and make comment... especially Ryans67 who clearly lacks the capacity to read what’s written. Think before he speaks or investigate his own claims before voicing them... Ryans67... PM me don’t post here anymore until I have proof read your views and crossed out all the ones that do not actually apply to this particular posts aim. It just wastes my and every other readers time. And a note to my readers while I may have a light hearted play on the semantic of the male female stereotypes I try to make it clear I am playing it up. Now I feel given Ryans67’s interactions on my thread I need to reiterate the basis of this post and its purpose for players.
After reading numerous threads of players complaining about the behaviors that occur in the upper levels and high players / alliances ability to force smaller players into submission (by the way this is a war game and in every game I have ever seen this happens so why it surprises anyone is beyond me... refer my first post) I elected to give a strategy to control your own environment and prevent yourself from being exposed to that sort of pressure or attack.
Players expressed they felt there was nothing they could do but it seems apparent they open themselves up for this to occur because there is little direction or focus to what they do.
As a gold player I wanted to share a simple system that gives you a model that protects you and in fact still empowers you over most other players (based on wallet size) for the best value for money.
It is NOT a tactic as Ryan67 keeps dragging up to put you at the top. It is purely a system to make you invulnerable to those attacks and tactics that seem to frighten players. Knowledge and careful planning will make you a winner in this game.
“Valor” troops are weak compared to gold units and why there seems to be so much focus and fuss on them amazes me. In KA they are a waste of time, in CC they are great because they can’t die and are very powerful. In MW they are ok but just another in game income unit that requires active PvP raids or attacks to generate, which is no different than $ generated. This system replaces their importance to a secondary roll EQUAL to cash units.
Now to go over the past posts.

@kissed death,

Lol, seems like you have a chip on your shoulder about gender. Those who think one's gender s better/smarter than the other is sadly mistaken...
I don’t think either is better, as you say lol, I will play up the stereotype for fun... besides you do know girls are better deep down inside J

...Getting gold units from crates is certainly an attractive option as I have purchased many gold units through that method.

Actually if you also take the time to reread the purpose of this post, my tactic will work against an attack of infinite value. I get so bored repeating myself... this post is a post about managing your war machine to NOT be able to be taken down via attrition tactics, at no point have I advised about how to BECOME a top dog and beat them in fights. I can in another post as asked... The strategy relies on careful management of ally numbers to coincide with the total number of indestructible units you have divided by 4... plus based on your own income (forget valor for now which requires PvP to generate) that you are able to log in and realistically collect each day allowing for (now corrected) 60% loss due to raids, limiting the number of perishable units you have to throw away in PvP or being raided to hell and back by anyone you’ve annoyed... like me Ryans67! Grrr gunning for you at some point ;)
With this in mind save the comment for another post I am yet to build.

cliffs?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Got to admit I’m stumped by this one manbeast and I assume there is a reference I am not familiar with yet or perhaps you just wanted me to quote you so you wouldn’t feel left out, cute avatar by the way.
I have made a quick and messy reply to this post below earlier but I want to take the time to answer Ryans69 properly now.

Ryan...

Truly the wise words of an idiot. Ryan... thank you for your condescending approach to talking to me yet again. I always enjoy it when someone comes at me with incorrect facts, publically states them in a manner which denotes you think you have been clever and undermining when all you should feel is embarrassment.
Just to humor you I did as you said and so will now just clarify it all for all the players who actually want to know the way it works. I also as yet have not been able to re-read my previous commentary and find any material around the country (Nation) bonus’s or boost bonus which is incorrect or should have triggered such response from you. Here goes... across all three platforms boost bonus’s do not modify the unit icons you can see, simply put it’d be a software nightmare and the bonus is not calculated on each individual unit but the combined Attack or Defense of all units of the type being affected partaking in the calculation. So if you are UK or China or Russia etc... then all your Sea, Infantry or Air etc are added up and then the 10% is added to it in the calcs. Same with the boost buildings. You can actually see the effect of the Nation or boost bonus in the after battle report. In your top 45 units used take a careful look at the Attack Scores and the order of Icons... here’s an example say of mine... I am a UK player and have (Sea) Night Eagles with A140 D110 and (Infantry) Objective Force A144 D125. These would appear in the after battle report in the order of the infantry and then the ships and do so on other players I attack who are not UK... however in my list it is the other way because in the background the Night Eagles become A154 D121. This follows suit all the way down my top 45. If you take some time to look at the defenders and their nation, you will also see these subtle movements, and yes I have gone as far as to review the bases and level of boost buildings and using a quick calc you can see how all the shuffles in the top 45 happen.
Triple Crates have a 15% drop rate on Rare. To quote Mr T “Fool”
Clearly you're not a statistician let alone able to count on your fingers... every set of crates have a variety of all four unit types. But it is NOT even... current crates have only 2 Sea, 3 Air, 3 Ground and 1 crappy Infantry so if your China, perhaps this weeks’ crates are not the best buy. This reference to 25% has no statistical backing. Go back to making burgers Ryan (Sorry to those who do I'm only trying to put him in his place... my first job was McDonald's). Leave the counting to those who finished school. You really have insulted me for the last time. Wise buying is imperative but it is also random. I personally don’t give a rats, every uncommon and rare is cheaper than buying the same direct so I figure if I get some Sea then those units get 10% better in game stats, the rest are standard (boost buildings all aside). If one day I see a massive advantage to swapping from UK to Russia because I have more Air power then using free Tapjoy gold or 5 gold (50cents) to swap is no issue. Right now it plays a minor roll anyway.

How the hell do you come up with that number Ryan? Crate Rare’s are as powerful as direct items... and seriously for 950 gold for an item I’d rather take 15% x 15 crates to get rare ones and 25 gold change... Until I can safely say all 2000 units going to battle have a minimum stat of 160A then purpose buying is a waste of money unless it is a unit that fits your nation bonus and has an attack value in the 300’s+ again remember in this style of play defense is pointless, your defense is in not being able to die and always being able to replace your perishables each day regardless of hostile activity levels.

"First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)"

You clearly haven't came up vers someone with no cas glitch and 2000 SH etc.

Mickymarcil, there is no ability to account for cheats unless you join them. I won’t support that so there your concern is a waste of energy. But as I say in this post, they can have no cas glitch and it makes no impact on you... read my post... why does no one read my post... MEN! It’s my fault for making it an instruction book !

Q Raider
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Hello Kiss Of Death

Think I can clarify aspects about a couple of the posts you have quoted.

Man beast was referring to someone who tried to post less than ten characters, the system requires this as a minimum.

Mickymacirl is referring to an aspect of the game which many here are certain exists however is not seen as such by at least some of the developers as people have had different responses to issues raised. These players are "normal" players who somehow have a situation which means they experience little to no casualties at all attacking or raiding. Micky is also experiencing the annoyance that he is taking an all Gold army into battle yet still loses Valor and cash units.

JohnnyR
06-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Ingeresting ideas on the crates, they recently made it even more tantalizing with the rare drop rate increase. One of the drawbacks to crates though is the fact that there is no control of unit type, meaning there is a large chance that one's boosts aren't going to be applied to that unit. Of course, there are boosts for every unit type as you mentioned earlier, however on a tight budget, or simply for economical reasons-one doesn't upgrade every boost building but picks one or two to focus on-usually one tied to country bonus. Also, I consider the defensive crate items useless.

For the record, in regards to Mcdoc's post, he only put the "if...." because he wasn't sure if that was really you, because really it's not common to post a REAL pic. It could have been a movie scene or an album cover. Really, it is a credit to you. All the best.

Selfproclaimed
06-15-2012, 09:20 PM
That was the longest post I've ever seen. I don't understand why people don't A pic of themselves. Maybe lack of confidence or fear of someone stealing their pic or they like the mystery of people not knowing.idk

Speed ump
06-15-2012, 10:51 PM
KOD, good posts here. A few notes. First, i think mcdoc did a great job of explaning what he meant in his post, and i have never seen him post anything close to what you might have thought, with all the negative posts though, i can understand howit gets easy to assume thise things, and ots very hard to get the tone of someone from a post. As a pirate i get many. Such neagtive posts, so i must have thick skin. Im sure rossco will chime in now that ive posted, please try to ignore him until he gets booted again. Theres one thing i will mention that non of the numbers will adress. Intimidation. Its hard for many to think in logical terms when it comes to this game. Just look at how negative and serious some who post here get, and no one is attacking anyone here. It gets worse in the actual game. The numbers can be intimidating when ou see a 300k or 400 k rival attacking. Also people hate to lose. Lose their money, lose units, even though the gold ones underneath wont be lost. Lose battles, etc. if you lose, you feel like you lost. Its very mental, and looking at it with pure logic cannot be done by most. I would not want to either, though im well aware of our ideas. I enjoy the mental part of the game. I have a second game, much weaker than my primary one. When i started it, this was exactly what i intended to do, way way back. I did not play it for many months, just started again when they held the event for numbers of attacks. I had since retought my original intentions, and decided i wanted to play a more mental game. It loses units left and right sometimes. Guys pisck up on this and try to press their advantage, oly to find i have saved a lot of valor which i then deploy and destroy their hopes. This is fun. I decided i did not want to do methodical. It does not change the validity of your points in any way. I just feel a lot of the enjoyment in the game is derived by using peoples own fears and ideas against them, or watching how they react when they feel they have beaten me. So many realy feel they have lost something real that cannot be replaced. Some even threaten to call the police. I would say the vast majority in the game feel this way to some extent, not to the pointod calling the police, but enough that they post nasty things to ohers. Im not talking my primary game, this is a small weak player, that loses many thousands in strength very quickly. Strategy works to an extent, the extent that you use logic during the whole process, as soon as you lose that, much of the strategy no longer works, because you dont let ot work.

Kiss Of Death
06-16-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks for that last post speed. I am guessing you used an iPhone to type it. I must admit I struggle to follow much of the text due to the spelling. I understand the intimidating style and fun you and others may derive from it, and I thank you for the post because it validates and supports my decision to offer players a way of not being exposed to this if they desire it. It is as some keep raising, only one method. Again this is the nature of my post.... To offer a solution for consideration. I certainly prescribe to only part of this method as my greater strategy is an expansion of the post here. I do plan on a more detailed longer term one later but it is time consuming to do and try to express clearly to others less statistically minded. For all who read this Speed is right, the base of the style of play is purely tactical and can devoid you of fun. My next post will expand on my game play that I have built over this one. Also... The reason I am like I am is I am an aspie... Go look it up if you want. It has drawbacks but advantages too.

Anyway thank you all so far. I really want to contribute to players and given my mathematical disposition I feel I can provide a different view. Post again soon.

Speed ump
06-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Seem pretty normal to me kod. We all have our quirks. My wonerful spelling is due to several issues. Im using an ipad. Spell check gets me. My fingers dont seem to follow what my brain tells them, and im more intrested in writting than watching what ends up on the screen. I seem to be in too much of a hurry, so what you see is the result.

Ryans67
06-17-2012, 08:47 AM
You will always know you have won an argument when your opposing counsel resorts to personal attacks. Words to live by.

Again, good luck with strategy.

Poopenshire
06-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Ok I finally read the whole start of the thread and my comments are to that and that only, infer any more at your own risk! What KOD is staying is nothing new here, you can find bits and pieces of this throughout this forum. This is a modification of the current strategy I apply for the most part. It is sound and has worked for me up my current level (103). I must say I did have to modify things slightly as well as other changes to keep up with some other strategies that are tailored to lower levels. I hope to be competitive as I continue going up.

Speed ump
06-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Ryan what do you mean you ninny. Oops, i think that means you just won the argument. Were we arguing?lol

SeqWins
06-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Ryan what do you mean you ninny. Oops, i think that means you just won the argument. Were we arguing?lol

I believe he was referring to KOD? Then again I might be wrong! lol?

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I believe he was referring to KOD? Then again I might be wrong! lol?

Yes I believe he was. I think Ryan is trying to recover his pride and respect... by quoting a 'sticks and stones may break my bones...' kids rhyme defense tactic. LMAO at that last comment Ryan... politics has clearly not been your strong point in life :) You may note your earlier digs at my post...? no...?? short term memory issues..?? Anyway glad you're input this time seems more thought out.

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 12:45 PM
You will always know you have won an argument when your opposing counsel resorts to personal attacks. Words to live by.

Again, good luck with strategy.

No Ryan, sometimes your opponent is just unable to intellectually compete and play on your level, so frustration and annoyance win out when logic and facts fail to penetrate their wayward wall of self opinion. The more simplistic person who is dogged and stubborn and in their ignorance grins and looks to his fellow fools for pats on his back is the true looser in the eyes of the educated watching from afar, but perhaps not the masses he aspires to stand below with?

Take care Ryan

bigflan
06-17-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys are funny it's a game calm down if this was a real war then bash each other no need to get worked up over a game

Mcdoc
06-17-2012, 02:04 PM
. . .sometimes your opponent is just unable to intellectually compete and play on your level, so frustration and annoyance win out when logic and facts fail to penetrate their wayward wall of self opinion. The more simplistic person who is dogged and stubborn and in their ignorance grins and looks to his fellow fools for pats on his back is the true looser . . .So then what does it mean when someone pays you a genuine compliment? LoL

Speed ump
06-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Mc, that would depend if it were flan, or anyone else. If it were flan, how could you tell it was a compliment.sorry flan, just couldnt resist.

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
So then what does it mean when someone pays you a genuine compliment? LoL I would say thank you!

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Mc, that would depend if it were flan, or anyone else. If it were flan, how could you tell it was a compliment.sorry flan, just couldnt resist.Sigh... Flan has been referring to me as "he" over in CC posts... Truly some can't be helped!

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Help me out... Flan is belittling me over in CC because my post only rates a 3... Any posters not voted want to give it feedback? Of course 5 stars is a dream come true!;) lol But I'll take a four

siL
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
You guys are funny it's a game calm down if this was a real war then bash each other no need to get worked up over a game

this is by far your most logical and wise post flan...hats up!!

manbeast
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Help me out... Flan is being over in CC because most post only rates a 3... Any posters not voted want to give it feedback? Of course 5 stars is a dream come true!;) lol But I'll take a four

its common knowledge around here that flan logs on and rates every single thread on the front page a 1 star, then rates her own threads 5 stars. i think she's like the only person who rates threads.

hehe

ps- i voted 5 stars and it bumped it over to 4

Kiss Of Death
06-17-2012, 11:32 PM
its common knowledge around here that flan logs on and rates every single thread on the front page a 1 star, then rates her own threads 5 stars. i think she's like the only person who rates threads. heheps- i voted 5 stars and it bumped it over to 4Your avatar is cool... There's even a post to prove it! ;) lol Thanks.. Stupid editor has stuffed up my formatting... Just look at my signature! I can't even enter lines in posts!!!!

mickymacirl
06-18-2012, 10:10 AM
wait bigflan is a bird?!?

Speed ump
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Kod,your new look is, well it needs some help.lol. Demeaning you for the feedback rating on your posting? If there is such a thing here, I'm unaware, could care less, and am flabbergasted. how about feedback ratings on the feedback ratings. Where does it all stop. Obviously many have a whole lot of free time they need to invent things to fill it with.

Speed ump
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
By the way, I did not really pay attention closely to your previous pick, I had assumed it was a photo pasted from a Taylor swift album. Until you said it was you i never truly noticed. Cute guy( or gal) in your lastest one.

bigflan
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey y'all I actually did not rate this thread I can now if you like me too

bigflan
06-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh my god noooo I thought I voted already turns out I did not and voted 5 stars huh oh well Flanborg is on the loose

Rawr I eat you

bigflan
06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey hey I did not know you where a lady I don't read your posts cause they take half a page and when your referred as kod that's call of duty a war game no reference to females except for females that like war games and anyway fun times

Kiss Of Death
06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey hey I did not know you where a lady I don't read your posts cause they take half a page and when your referred as kod that's call of duty a war game no reference to females except for females that like war games and anyway fun times

a b c d e f g h i j "k" hmmm BigFlan you Flan, did you finish kindergarten? last I knew "Call" started with "c" :)

Kiss Of Death
06-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Kod,your new look is, well it needs some help.lol. Demeaning you for the feedback rating on your posting? If there is such a thing here, I'm unaware, could care less, and am flabbergasted. how about feedback ratings on the feedback ratings. Where does it all stop. Obviously many have a whole lot of free time they need to invent things to fill it with.

I'm Flabbergasted you managed to type that word! I have free time late at night and bewteen clients (finance before the cheeky comments start) and am on my phone and PC all day anyway so it sits in the background... but it is very distracting... I don't really use facebook... this is all so much more fun! I'm just getting in on the biglfan wagon becuase he's a stirer and I like it he/she/it can take it like it/she/he gives.

SeqWins
06-18-2012, 06:15 PM
OMG! The whole he/she/it comment was just lololololololololololololol

bigflan
06-18-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm to good I'm amazing and I do know how to spell I'm smart

Q Raider
06-18-2012, 07:03 PM

Then along with many of us here your device must have a faulty "spoll choker" and grammar checker.....keeps altering words and deleting things like apostrophes from your posts....

Kiss Of Death
06-18-2012, 07:18 PM

Too right bigflan, you can spell words... just not structure them or use grammar...

"I'm too good; I'm amazing and I do know how to spell, I'm smart!"

Spelling, grammar and punctuation corrections complete. Don't forget (!) when making a statement!

bigflan
06-18-2012, 07:20 PM
When kod tried to bash Flan, Flan owned with his amazing response, but kod could not handle Flan's amazing response and left.

What now

Kiss Of Death
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
When kod tried to bash Flan, Flan owned with his amazing response, but kod could not handle Flan's amazing response and left.

What now

Someone PLEASE decipher this for me?!

bigflan
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Someone PLEASE decipher this for me?!In the English language this is called a compound complex sentence it's a complex sentence with a subordinate conjunction and a coordinate conjunction

Kiss Of Death
06-18-2012, 11:14 PM
In the English language this is called a compound complex sentence it's a complex sentence with a subordinate conjunction and a coordinate conjunctionSince you spelt this all correctly and the language reads fluently, then clearly you have cut and pasted this response... Nice research but would have been cute in your own words... Or attempt at words ;) Do you know what a flan is in Australia?

Mcdoc
06-19-2012, 12:35 AM
SDo you know what a flan is in Australia?

I DO . . . .

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5937/flando.jpg
THIS Is a Flan :)

stricker
06-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Do you know what a flan is in Australia?

BAH-HA-HAAH!!! ...a fruit cake!!! ;p

Mcdoc
06-19-2012, 01:51 AM

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3433/villageidiot.jpg

Kiss Of Death
06-19-2012, 06:55 AM
BAH-HA-HAAH!!! ...a fruit cake!!! ;p

LMAO 10 Points to Stricker!!! wonder if he has read this yet? Yes a Flan is a flat cake normally custard on top and slushy cooked fruit inside, they're gros! Squishy and bland and also called "Tarts" and I admit bigflan does put himself out there a bit...

Kiss Of Death
07-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Well it's an old post of mine and it's wrong... in some calcs and other areas, but given the revitalisation of big bad PIRATE DREAD I thought I'd kick off another debate about this...

Yes I spruke the use of gold in wisely buying crates... as a recent forum buddy found out accidentilly messing with these guys for freeplayers destroys your cash and valor units... so KoD's advice in this situation...

Rather than lose millions and millions in units and 10,000's in valor units... if you fire your cannons or big mouth at the pirate clan...

DUCK!

So how do you duck as a free payer... Very Very hard core... PLAY THE EVENTS and pray you have lots of indestructible with higher def values (fairly common) than your best cash and valor units... if not your thumbs about to get sore...

Add up the total defense units you have that can't die with def scores greater than you best or most numerical represented troops... divide this by 4.... now fire every damn ally you have and email support to delete your grunts! until you have exactly the number of allies (1 ally 4 units) to ONLY field the highest def indestructible units you have...

now you are fine.. you can collect your 40% off your raided buildings daily, laughing that they cannot hurt your valor units or cash units at all... and in fact to hit you they too will need to drop down which is a massive pain for them.... now slowly slowly creep back up once you have found a way to make peace with the dragons at your gate.

Now you paying players will have it a little easier as you may find like me that you have 100-200 crate units with higher def stats than even that lovely Aircraft carrier so you can shed less allies and still be in the game beating on other hapless players in your lower ally count.

Me I'll buy almost every crate set until I have all 9 and that normally means 50 ish crates a set... unless I'm unlucky... every uncommon and rare beats my best def cas and valor unit as my fall back... and in fact quite a number of the commons have no attack value to speak off but have quite high def values... perhaps not as strong as the aircraft carrier but seeing for me at the moment I only have 6 of those after weeks of scraping cash out of PvP and PvE I am not counting on them being a big part of my force for a while...

Also a great time to buy up (Flan will jump all over this one...) Stealth bombers because their def is so low vs' their attack you can hide in defense behind every common crate and event item there practically is and still use them when you hit other players.... so they are a safe bet when ducking is required!!!!!

So for me I say a big raspberry to the pirates and look forward to the day I get to only ever collect 40% of my income from buildings because of my cheek but that's about all they'll get out of me... until i can hit their underlings back hard too.

Hence my other thread post about gold units should have cas rates and be 'wounded' for a few days i.e. every Wednesday they reset... so gold vs gold players can hurt each other... at which point I will start to cry about the previous ribbing I gave any pirates... as they 'lock up' all my gold units and then eat my hidden perishable ones... but it's Funzio and Gree... they'll never get the programming right to set that sort of system up... :)

Off to home now and pretend I've worked today.... tell my husband how fantastic he is, hug him and over his shoulder be clicking on 'open crate' in OT. Then help him with the kids and just keep wondering past the iPhone and clicking ' open crate' in OT doing odd jobs for the kids..

Then tell him I have a head ache and send him off to bed... so I can watch bad films and 'click open crate' in OT..

Oh yes... see my thread from my profile about "My name is KoD and I'm a FUNZIOHOLIC!"

And damn you all, download or email me for a copy of my MW spreadsheet in the signature link! at least pretend all my hard work is valuable.

I got a call... have to go straight away, my son has walked paint in from outside all across the carpet... apparently I'm the carpet shampooer specialist... signing off... see you all tonight... actually you'll all be asleep...

KoD x

Mcdoc
07-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Love your logic KoD :)

mickymacirl
07-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Interesting, I finished the event this morning with 10 and decided to drop my allies back down to 75 again due to the high likely-hood of losing high valor and cash units when being attacked.

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 04:55 AM
You can lose a lot more than 300k ;) I hope for you you wont experience that, but people can snap millions from you.

Kiss Of Death
07-10-2012, 08:36 AM
You can lose a lot more than 300k ;) I hope for you you wont experience that, but people can snap millions from you.

Yes I clean up players at $300k a hit... PvP 20 hits but normally I find after about 10-12 hits it starts to drop below 300,000 as I run down their balance.. Hence why you hide, reduce your allies and then only buy units with def values lower than your deathless ones defending you... DON'T leave money unvaulted... Don't collect it if your vaults full until you spend a bit... Again... I don't see many pirates dropping down to 30-40 allies to try and get you regularly... they'll go away until you decide to come back up again... you're still safe from lower ally players too while you build...

You leave money unvaulted then it's not your money

Tate
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
very interesting insights KoD, and you are absolutely right about downloading the spreadsheet. Still trying to find time to finish mine but it is absolutely fantastic! I'm going to send HK aa pm to add it to her thread for everyone to enjoy, and thank you again!!