PDA

View Full Version : Defense buildings upgrades?

Selfproclaimed
06-11-2012, 08:49 PM
When upgrading defense buildings ,does it increase just the defense or defense and range??? And how significant is the upgrades on them?

Warfiend
06-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Just the defense. Each level upgrade is more or less half of the initial defense score. At least it has been on the ones I've upgraded.

bbprofitz
06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
i'd rather use my upgrade time to upgrade money buildings & boost buildings, and just build a new defense building altogether if you want more defense. all my defense buildings are just level 1

Selfproclaimed
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
It'll be awhile before I do upgrade defense buildings, I just wanted to know out of curiosity. I'm trying to work on boost buildings before money. Composites is at 9, in the meantime saving up to make it 10, until I get the money,I'm upgrading the rest of my boost buildings

Warfiend
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
It'll be awhile before I do upgrade defense buildings, I just wanted to know out of curiosity. I'm trying to work on boost buildings before money. Composites is at 9, in the meantime saving up to make it 10, until I get the money,I'm upgrading the rest of my boost buildings

I haven't put much effort into upgrading them since I got my composite either. I up the level 1s when I have an odd space of time to fill in order to get an upgrade to finish at a good time for me. Like an 84 hour upgrade that I want to do in the middle of the day would end in the middle of the night... so I upgrade a defense building that has an 8 hour or under window to help time the big one.

Locks
06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know if the money buildings in an area that has overlapping defensive circles are protected by both of the eg. mine fields? Are the defenses additive? Cheaper to build a few new ones, carefully placed, than to upgrade current ones.....

Corsair
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes, if they overlap you get the benefit of both, and they are additive. Those are assumptions, it's hard to know for sure. Cheap buildings, but the land is expensive. Those bunkers and detention centers take up a lot of space. SAMs and mine fields are the way to go. Some people don't even have defense buildings.

bbprofitz
06-14-2012, 12:08 PM
SAMs and mine fields are the way to go.

Good advice. Save up for one of those defense buildings if you want any at all.

spectra
06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Good advice. Save up for one of those defense buildings if you want any at all.

Do not forget Railing Guns, they are the best cash can buy for def and use same space as a SAM

Locks
06-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Have a couple sams, 4 mine fields and a variety of the smaller stuff, starting on my first rail gun - was just wondering how many to shuffle in among the money buildings and other defense. Additive in the overlaps makes sense, otherwise why show the diameter? Thx!