PDA

View Full Version : Bash a Pirate, or get honest answers to your questions, your choice

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Ok guys, some seem to use other threads for bashing instead of the actual discussion at hand. I started this one since no one else seem to be willing to do it. Feel free to speak out on your views of the pirates. You might want to ask a pirate some questions first so you have your facts straight before the bashing begins. Those of you who have seen my posts know all answers are honest, whether or not anyone else adress with them. let's keep opinions of us pirates here, where it belongs, as opposed to being in threads where I'm trying to help the community as a fellow member and player. Here I can be a pirate. Yo ho ho, Im ready to slice and dice. Dont be scared, I promise not to make you walk the plank more than once.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Great job on creating the 4rth thread in 5 minutes..*clap clap*

spectra
06-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey Speed, you need to post an avatar
"jack Sparrow" perhaps, lol

Quick question
what % of foul language and spam (you know, post 25 times, bla,bla....) do you guys think has been reduced since you started the team? just curious

Saint Anger
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'm game: How do I know who the Pirates are?
I'm just small time - 107 allies and relatively low level. What if I wanted to know if any of my allies are Pirates?

Guide rain
06-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Not a bash, but a question. I definitely have seen posts on profiles that clearly supports your point that the group makes a concerted attack effort against spammers or rude comments. I think that has been welcomed, and I like to go after those folks myself. The one thing I have seen as I have moved up the levels are people who threaten such concerted attacks if they are just attacked or raided. Never seen this from you or other high level folks, typically people with stats that are average at best. Is this part of the group plan as well? Sometimes I wondered if these folks weren't just trying to avoid being attacked by falsely invoking your team. This is important to clarify as I believe that this is one reason why your group does get some resentment from the masses. I don't think most respect those at similar levels who aren't willing to be attacked, and use others' strength as a threat instead of using strategy and effort to get stronger as a method to avoid attack. I realize that this is how military alliances work in real life, but somehow it doesn't seem to feel "right" here, so just wanted to see what you think about it.

General Insane
06-11-2012, 04:58 PM
The enemy is known to all.
The pirates are not real.
The gold is not real.
The issues with the game, they're real.
They're also being ignored.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
hahahahahahahabewhahahahabwhahahaha

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm just small time - 107 allies and relatively low level. What if I wanted to know if any of my allies are Pirates?They walk among us!

Seriously, you're getting to the level where a bit of time reading other people's walls will soon introduce you to some of the Pirates. It's something of a trail of breadcrumbs, but if you pay attention you will find at least a dozen names doing the same kind of work and leaving the same kind of messages.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Spectra, I think85 to 90 percent. Some was as simple as letting guys know it was against the rules, and that jids as young as 13 can be on this game. Many appreciated the reminder. Some seem to feel its there god given right to post like that and anyone trying to deny them that right should be shot. Well have fun tryi g to get them te realize the error of their ways, but many times it will require reporting them to funzio. So are we bad for trying to accomplish what funzio most certainly will. Just so you know, I don't think so, and I will ot change that view. We have attacked some for attacking its partof the advantage of having an alliance, keep in mind I can do the same by myself without a team for help.part of what we tell others and ourselves is if someone hits you for valor, quit whinning, if someone raids you I dont want to hear about it, you could have prevented it by collecting your money. It's part of the game and what makes it fun. If I stay up to 4 am to find your money uncollected some want to say that's not fair? Get real. There are guys on other continents who can do this. Now you want to give. Hours that we can fight bewteen, the reality is many who get raided or attacked are going to complain. O one wants to lose, it's not fair, etc, etc. if you want to war, you came to the right place, if you came to build, do so and keep quite when you're attackd and raided. If my guys complain about this I quickly let them know I'm not interested. Our rules have evolved over time. Now if you keep going after one of my guys, in attacks which are obviously not for valor or goals, then yes, we will hit you back. If you attack one of us, don't expect us to ignore it, anymore than you would. That guy is free to hit back all he wants, he can get a buddy to join him, as I have seen many others do. Why do some of you attack. Sometimes it's just because you want to. We feel free to do the same. The real concerted attacks are for specific reasons. I can say that when the rivals lists or very bd as they are now, it dosnt give of many guys to chose from, blame that on funzio, I refuse to stop playing war because of that. I sure don't expect you to either.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to list any names. If you are ally's with one you know. Insane is right, the pirates arn't, we are an idea. One that may come and go. we're just a group of friends. The biogest issue in the game is not a few friends playing, it's the game creators themselves. There seems to be a lot more talk about thier issues than any a few guys can create by playing the game. I'd rather fight the biggest and most , immediate threat first. We don't have the ability to end the game with our actions, they do.

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
@ Speed ump

From an Asgardian to an Olympian (NOT my term!), I think the appearance of quite a few of the Pirates in the Forum in recent days has done much to clear away some of the slightly irrational fears relating to the Pirates. We might not agree 100% on tactics etc. but I'm sure that most people would agree that we probably have more in common than not. Love of the game, for instance, and a desire to put things right for players large and small, gold and free. If the rivals list can be resolved properly and once the 499 issue ceases to matter, I'm sure most of us would be happy to be tested by the Pirates in battle, so long as individuals who are not racist or offensive are not bleed dry to the point of abandoning the game.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm just small time - 107 allies and relatively low level. What if I wanted to know if any of my allies are Pirates?

There are many pirates who made themselves known here on the forum already. I will let Stephen speak to that, or not. Obviously I am a pirate, Stephen (speed ump), general insane, and Pirate Enforcer (WcJoker), etc.

Not a bash, but a question. I definitely have seen posts on profiles that clearly supports your point that the group makes a concerted attack effort against spammers or rude comments. I think that has been welcomed, and I like to go after those folks myself. The one thing I have seen as I have moved up the levels are people who threaten such concerted attacks if they are just attacked or raided. Never seen this from you or other high level folks, typically people with stats that are average at best. Is this part of the group plan as well? Sometimes I wondered if these folks weren't just trying to avoid being attacked by falsely invoking your team. This is important to clarify as I believe that this is one reason why your group does get some resentment from the masses. I don't think most respect those at similar levels who aren't willing to be attacked, and use others' strength as a threat instead of using strategy and effort to get stronger as a method to avoid attack. I realize that this is how military alliances work in real life, but somehow it doesn't seem to feel "right" here, so just wanted to see what you think about it.

There are many who misuse the Pirate name and intimidate other players. We have and will deal with those who impersonate one of us. One of our rules is that a pirate member can not come crying to the rest of the members about someone attacking or raiding them and ask for help unless it is taken beyond normal game play or makes racists/foul remarks. If you are not tough enough to take some lumps, you don't deserve to be calld a pirate.

Many of our missions are battles against what many of you would consider "whales" or mega whales. Often times they are suicide missions with heavy casualties for many of our members attacking a much stronger rival, but we don't back down.

You might think at 250-300k attk and def stats I wouldn't have any equals who are not a pirate already...well, there are. One I constantly battle has 200k-300k A/D ABOVE mine! The battle and the risk of losing is what makes it challenging and interesting.

I purposely hit all the strongest players I can find for battle points so don't take it personal. If I frequent your base, it is because you are a strong rival amongst your peers....or maybe because you posted foul language on my wall....or you had spammed my wall about fake free gold...etc.

If you have low stats, under 50k at lvl 100+, I wouldn't even look at you twice, except when I go down the rival list and giving everyone one tap to spread the "love", so people don't think I am picking on them.

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
I have avoided posting as my comments are well known and straight forward. In this instance here I have one thing to say. "Hulk smash!". But seriously, the open communications between forum members an pirates is at an all time high, while communication with Funzio I the lowest I have seen. I say we work together here for all our benefits.

Speed,

Your a man on a mission and I respect that. My only question to you is how do we bring the lost players?

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I have avoided posting as my comments are well known and straight forward. In this instance here I have one thing to say. "Hulk smash!". But seriously, the open communications between forum members an pirates is at an all time high, while communication with Funzio I the lowest I have seen. I say we work together here for all our benefits.

Speed,

Your a man on a mission and I respect that. My only question to you is how do we bring the lost players?

We fight hard on the battle field, there will inevitably be some hard feelings. However, we are all in this together as "fans" of this game and wish to see it improve for all of our sakes...

Remember, many of the pirate members were bitter rivals who fought hard for months and suffered great casualties...

Think about it. If all we want is bash free players all we have to do is buy enough gold for a raw (unboosted) strength of 100k A/D and we be wiping the floors with you. Why spend anymore money? Why some of us got to 150k, 200k, 250k, 300k,...500k??? We are battling other GOLD players and not picking on the little guys. Oh and did I also mention cheats with insane stats too? We have put some out of business with the help of funzio.

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
We fight hard on the battle field, there will inevitably be some hard feelings. However, we are all in this together as "fans" of this game and wish to see it improve for all of our sakes...

Remember, many of the pirate members were bitter rivals who fought hard for months and suffered great casualties...

Think about it. If all we want is bash free players all we have to do is buy enough gold for a raw (unboosted) strength of 100k A/D and we be wiping the floors with you. Why spend anymore money? Why some of us got to 150k, 200k, 250k, 300k,...500k??? We are battling other GOLD players and not picking on the little guys. Oh and did I also mention cheats with insane stats too? We have put some out of business with the help of funzio.

Hopefully if the game survives you will have more competition in the upper levels. For me you guys are just big targets to work towards defeating. The pirates give me a goal to work for. I have in the past expressed my views regarding tactics and what not. But when it comes to strategy of the fight I hope to try out my plans. I may not level up really fast but I am building up as am competitive at my levels and planning for the big leagues.

manbeast
06-11-2012, 07:00 PM
i'm getting sick of all this pirate talk on the forum. i mean really, who cares. most of us have never had to deal w/ pirates and they have absolutely 0% effect on us, yet theres 10 threads a day about pirates.

i wish they'd make a freaking subforum for all this pirate talk.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 07:10 PM
i'm getting sick of all this pirate talk on the forum. i mean really, who cares. most of us have never had to deal w/ pirates and they have absolutely 0% effect on us, yet theres 10 threads a day about pirates.

Couldn't agree more, we dont care no really get over yourselves.

Pirates are irrelevant in this forum, in here we are all MW players.

Still waiting for that visit your girl Sia promised....

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM

Most of us never posted here until recently and only because of the constant pirate bashing, gold player bashing, and the issue with the game. Just do a forum search. Speed ump can't make a post without someone jumping in and side track it with pirate talk so this is why the thread is here, to keep it separate.

I have recently jumped in because I am sick of all the bashing I have been reading and finally speaking up about it. Some of the complaints are not even related to the real pirates but people assume those who impersonate are the real deal.

Did any of the pirates ever come and poop on your thread?? If you can get people to stop talking about it, I will stop responding. I don't think so.

Where is the objection to the countless meaningless posts that has nothing to do with this game that I see all over the forum? Why don't you ask those posts be move to another non Modern War forum entirely?

Wait until you cross into "whale territory" before you say it has zero effect on you. Just because you are not in it now, doesn't mean others aren't. You'll probably run on this forum the minute you cross into lvl 100+, complaining that you are getting hit by pirates with 10x your stats.

Have some common courtesy and respect for other members of the forum. This isn't your show, it is a common community for all players.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Couldn't agree more, we dont care no really get over yourselves.

Pirates are irrelevant in this forum, in here we are all MW players.

Still waiting for that visit your girl Sia promised....

Eveytime you post it is usually to spew crap on a pirates' thread with nothing constructive to add. Plus the constant goating of a "real life" fight, taking beyond the game, with a member called sia, who's not a pirate. What's the beef with you and the pirates? I certainly don't know you from Adam,

If you are truly in the military and I was your superior officer I would seriously be concerned over your mental attitude and how easily it is to get a rise out of you and I certainly wouldn't want you handling a weapon. At the first sign of a challenge you want to go physical. Just my observation from all the posts I have been reading from you. Are you misunderstood or what?

Luke7676
06-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Most of us never posted here until recently and only because of the constant pirate bashing, gold player bashing, and the issue with the game. Just do a forum search. Speed ump can't make a post without someone jumping in and side track it with pirate talk so this is why the thread is here, to keep it separate.

I have recently jumped in because I am sick of all the bashing I have been reading and finally speaking up about it. Some of the complaints are not even related to the real pirates but people assume those who impersonate are the real deal.

Did any of the pirates ever come and poop on your thread?? If you can get people to stop talking about it, I will stop responding. I don't think so.

Where is the objection to the countless meaningless posts that has nothing to do with this game that I see all over the forum? Why don't you ask those posts be move to another non Modern War forum entirely?

Wait until you cross into "whale territory" before you say it has zero effect on you. Just because you are not in it now, doesn't mean others aren't. You'll probably run on this forum the minute you cross into lvl 100+, complaining that you are getting hit by pirates with 10x your stats.

Have some common courtesy and respect for other members of the forum. This isn't your show, it is a common community for all players.

I have to agree with W. George. I might not know a whole lot about pirates, but I do have respect for them and most of all the others here. It won't be long untill I'm swimming around in whale waters. I am certainly not tring to brown nose either. But a mutual respect between all players would be great. Not that it would ever happen but it would be nice. Wether I win or lose a fight it is still part of the game and fun.

I consider most of all the forum members here friends and will not come in between any of y'all unless deemed necessary.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Eveytime you post it is usually to spew crap on a pirates' thread with nothing constructive to add. Plus the constant goating of a "real life" fight, taking beyond the game, with a member called sia, who's not a pirate. What's the beef with you and the pirates? I certainly don't know you from Adam,

If you are truly in the military and I was your superior officer I would seriously be concerned over your mental attitude and how easily it is to get a rise out of you and I certainly wouldn't want you handling a weapon. At the first sign of a challenge you want to go physical. Just my observation from all the posts I have been reading from you. Are you misunderstood or what?

Lololololololol...you know everything don't you? I'm going to stay out of this thread because you are right ! I have nothing constructive to say.

Just know thanks to you guys a couple of long time forum members have quit because of Pirate talk... It's boring

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
I have an idea for the two who are tired of hearing about pirates. Don't go reading or posting on a pirate thread.duh. Read a different thread. Also sequins, you have posted pirate hate in threads that have nothing to do with it. So tell us what we did to you. Not what you've heard which is hearsay. What you know, what we did to you. I still think You may be who I said before. You never answered that. If you are, then You know why we attacked you. Again if You are this person, you have no room to speak. I don't know of you are or not. Quick to threaten real world harm, willing to give adress info, and location. It all fits. Again, if You are this person, I suggest you drop your whole pirate issue.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Lololololololol...you know everything don't you? I'm going to stay out of this thread because you are right ! I have nothing constructive to say.

Just know thanks to you guys a couple of long time forum members have quit because of Pirate talk... It's boring

I certainly don't know everything, far from it. I am simply speaking from what I have observed in the posts of recent days. That's why I said "Are you misunderstood or what?"

It is an opportunity for you to tell your side of the story but I am perfectly "ok" for you to walk away from this thread for not having anything constructive to add.

I don't have any beef with you, and as far as I know, most pirates don't neither. They probably don't even know who you are so I don't know what you're so angry about.

I think your "energy" is better channel towards threads such as the IPH thread you posted. That's something that benefits all MW players and shows some good organization skills.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I do not know of what person you are talking about.. But I'll tell you what you guys did to me or that person named Sia who claims to be with you guys..

He keeps sending me private messages with little hints about my personal life and in the latest of these chapters he mentioned my daughter by name....

Understand my hate And anger, it is a game but once you bring up family into this I tent to want. To get physical. Get that whatever your name is George? Funny thing is although he either has spent countless hours searching the forums or however he came up with this info you guys seems to forget that I'm a DOD employee and you dot know what rank and or power I poccess.

I advice you to advice your soldiers or whatever, tell them to leave my family out of this.

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Does Vicky know what an ass you are?

How be knows my daughters name which is not the above but it is her knickname is beyond me. I'm the only one that calls my daughter this. Do you have kids WdiGeorge what would you do if somebody mentioned them on the Internet and they seemed to know who they are?

I'll tell you what I do know ever since I turned 18 I've been able to run 3 miles in under 18 minutes shoot an able target from 500 yards away and hump 12 miles with a 120 pound back, ive done cold weather training in Alaska and have a black belt in Marine Corp hand to hand martial arts....

Get my anger? Or I'm I not clear enough?

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I have an idea for the two who are tired of hearing about pirates. Don't go reading or posting on a pirate thread.duh. Read a different thread. Also sequins, you have posted pirate hate in threads that have nothing to do with it. So tell us what we did to you. Not what you've heard which is hearsay. What you know, what we did to you. I still think You may be who I said before. You never answered that. If you are, then You know why we attacked you. Again if You are this person, you have no room to speak. I don't know of you are or not. Quick to threaten real world harm, willing to give adress info, and location. It all fits. Again, if You are this person, I suggest you drop your whole pirate issue.

I don't know of what person you are talking about but I can guarantee you this past month is my first time meeting you guys...

whiskeybravo
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
guys seems to forget that I'm a DOD employee and you dot know what rank and or power I poccess.

Your posting style really reflects a high ranking DOD employee.....

Disclaimer: if somebody really is bringing your family into things, that is seriously not cool.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I do not know of what person you are talking about.. But I'll tell you what you guys did to me or that person named Sia who claims to be with you guys..

He keeps sending me private messages with little hints about my personal life and in the latest of these chapters he mentioned my daughter by name....

Understand my hate And anger, it is a game but once you bring up family into this I tent to want. To get physical. Get that whatever your name is George? Funny thing is although he either has spent countless hours searching the forums or however he came up with this info you guys seems to forget that I'm a DOD employee and you dot know what rank and or power I poccess.

I advice you to advice your soldiers or whatever, tell them to leave my family out of this.

Well, that's the first I heard of anything of the sort. You still offer no connection to the Pirates as he is not a member or do we order him around to my knowledge.

For argument sake, say he is a pirate (which he is not), it is one individual acting on his own, not a collective decision of the Pirates to go after you, let alone your family. You have gotta be kidding me?!? It is not my M.O. nor is it any of the Pirates that I know.

I like to think all of us know this is a game and we play to have fun. If what you said were true and you have evidence of it, call the police, show them what you have. If you're so connection as a "DOD employee", wield your powers and protect your family if you feel you are threatened. I would!

Until you have real proof of one of the Pirates collectively going after you, which they are not, please don't blame the innocent in whatever pity fight you are having with another member.

All I am thinking to myself is WTF?? We come on this forum and all we get this hostility from this guy. What did we do? Nothing!

SeqWins
06-11-2012, 09:16 PM
He claims to be connected to you until you guys deny it.You guys don't know him as Sia the player but instead as Adam.hmmmm

I don't need to call the police,I've been neglecting to take matters into my own hands. This is the last time I will enter a Pirate thread and the last time Sia or as you guys know him Adam is sending me messages( get the point) because next time there won't be a next. I promise you.

You gentlemen have a good night.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
How be knows my daughters name which is not the above but it is her knickname is beyond me. I'm the only one that calls my daughter this. Do you have kids WdiGeorge what would you do if somebody mentioned them on the Internet and they seemed to know who they are?

I'll tell you what I do know ever since I turned 18 I've been able to run 3 miles in under 18 minutes shoot an able target from 500 yards away and hump 12 miles with a 120 pound back, ive done cold weather training in Alaska and have a black belt in Marine Corp hand to hand martial arts....

Get my anger? Or I'm I not clear enough?

I have a daughter too and would protect her with my life. However, that doesn't change the fact that you're misplacing your anger against people who did not PM'ed you those things, only by association.

If someone tells me they are going to harm my daughter and BTW they are friends of yours (SeqWins), I would come to you and ask if it were true and do some fact checking first. I would not automatically label a entire group of people as "bad guys", when they don't even know who you are or know you existed, let alone what your daughter's name is.

Again with the physical thing. Yes, I get it, you're a "tough dude", but you're trying to impress/intimidate the wrong people.

Anger ===> Wrong Target

George

manbeast
06-11-2012, 09:29 PM

calm down bro. dont get your panties in a wad.

i wasnt complaining about yall posting here. i was complaining about the constant threads and posts about the pirates. it has been a problem for the last 2 months. since way before yall started posting a lot. i dont mind when yall post, i respect u just as much as anyone else. its just annoying seeing so many posts about pirates/anti pirate clubs/anti pirate stategies. most of them are made by people below my level who havent even seen pirates yet lol

edit- i'm actually glad yall are posting more now. before there was so much speculation about who yall were and what you did. now that yall are posting most of that has stopped

Saint Anger
06-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm late to respond, but thanks for the answers to my questions.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
calm down bro. dont get your panties in a wad.

i wasnt complaining about yall posting here. i was complaining about the constant threads and posts about the pirates. it has been a problem for the last 2 months. since way before yall started posting a lot. i dont mind when yall post, i respect u just as much as anyone else. its just annoying seeing so many posts about pirates/anti pirate clubs/anti pirate stategies. most of them are made by people below my level who havent even seen pirates yet lol

I apologize if I took it the wrong way. How did you know I wear panties? Wait, pirates don't wear panties! :o

You know what, you are all "PIRATES!" if you have ever RAIDED a base and stolen money from a rival's base! Dagnabbit! You no-good thieving pirates! :D

manbeast
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I apologize if I took it the wrong way. How did you know I wear panties? Wait, pirates don't wear panties! :o

You know what, you are all "PIRATES!" if you have ever RAIDED a base and stolen money from a rival's base! Dagnabbit! You no-good thieving pirates! :D

i just added an edit to my last post. glad to see we are cool. didnt mean to poop on your thread haha

RedLabit
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I've a suggestion for the pirates.

Since you guys are some of the strongest players in the games, why don't you split up into say 3 clans.
Each clan can have group leaders and members at various levels. You pirates can be the overall leader of the clans lead the members onward to battles with other clans.

The clans can have their own private tournaments, outside Funzio. The price can be arranged, e.g. unvaulted cash.
For e.g. 2 clans decide to battle at lvl 100 on Saturday between 1pm to 3pm. Then clan members at lvl 100 who want to participate in the tournament must register their name in this forum, and each must have 11 million cash minimum.

By 3pm, individual clan member must report their cash earnings. This will determine which clan had won the tournament.

I think clan tournaments would be more fun for all of us.. :)

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
i just added an edit to my last post. glad to see we are cool. didnt mean to poop on your thread haha

Not my thread, it's Speed Ump's (Stephen) thread. I am just speaking up for my Pirate brothers like Stephen who's been shouldering most of the burden here in the forums in the past months.

This is all a game which most of us enjoy and I like to see that continue. Having this forum enables us players to communicate, share ideas & strategies, and for further amusement and bantering amongst "friends".

But...when we're in the game....like someone posted earlier... "ME HULK...ME SMASH!" :cool:

ucantwin1
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah - I,m a pirate on a panty raid! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum - I'll drink to that!

Selfproclaimed
06-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Kitty. Only for you,I read that entire thing.lol

War Priest
06-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Kitty. Only for you,I read that entire thing.lol

Haha, same here. I didn't read anything else in this thread because I could care less. But had to read what my buddy had to say. :)

General Insane
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
There can never be a winner in this game.
If you're all fake gold (2,000 forward facing fake gold battle pieces), no one, no matter their stats can defeat you!!!
There are no winners in this game.
The game wasn't designed to end that way.
The game designers never thought anyone would drop $20-30 grand to become all fake gold.
They have.
So, attack all you dare, you are unable to destroy ANY all fake gold player!!!

General Insane
06-11-2012, 11:07 PM

That works two ways, genius.

I do know what rank I hold.

I also know how many stars goes with it.

If you have a problem with any poster, I suggest you report the poster to Funzio.

Threats of physical violence against any person these days can cause you serious problems in a post "911" USA.

General Insane
06-11-2012, 11:14 PM
A point of clarification.

There is no gold, it's fake.

No one gets hurt when a fake attack is launched.

There are no pirates in this game, except the "pirate flotilla" on the last Funzio map.

In fact, it only shows boats, not pirates.

Some of you have very active imaginations.

Q Raider
06-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Hello Kitty mentioned the issue which appears to have been the start of the whole "pirate bashing" scenario over the past few weeks, the post where people were told that to avoid attacks they should increase their ally count to above 500... Or words to that effect anyway.

For my money that issue was not primarily one to suit a few people who operate above the 500 allies, but more an attempt to improve a situation (rival list) which has obviously been an enduring problem within the game. You could argue the "remedy" was misguided, and just as well argue that it is an attempt from a group of people who enjoy the game immensely and can see an endgame coming if the situation is not resolved.

As for targeting those who choose to post inappropriate comments, all for getting rid of that, it's just a game after all, no need to get personal.

It is also one which many of us play for free thanks to the deep pockets of some.

And remember that these uber stats guys are only ever one tattslotto win away from a damn good a$$ whupping

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
@HelloKitty,

Well thought out list of comments and suggestions and I appreciate you trying to be "fair and balanced". I can't comment for Stephen or the team Pirates but I can speak for myself.

1. Attacking rivals under 500 allies. I personally don't have a problem with people doing that...if I want to fight someone, I can drop of my ally list down and find them. I think it stemmed from the frustration that some players are hiding, which is a strategy, but so is attacking rivals to encourage them to go above 499 allies.

In playing this game and being part of a team I have resigned myself to be a "soldier" and follow orders. Not everyone gets to "command" and hand out orders. So if the game play allows, I play the game. One reason is good as any to attack in a war game.

2. As for my comment about crossing whale territory, you got what I am trying to say completely wrong. It wasn't a "Hey, I don't like what you said so when you cross whale territory I am going to bash you." It is referring to other players who has had encountered pirates past level 100+ and came to post about pirates on this board. Just because one person at level 91 hasn't met a pirate and had gripes about them, doesn't mean another member didn't have first hand contact with a Pirate and has zero impact to their game play. At his level, 35k +/- A/D, if he doesn't bulk up, he's fish food for all the free players too. I would venture to say 90% or more of the hits most players received are not from pirates. There are other sharks in the water far worse.

I can't speak for other pirates but most rivals get one (1) TAP from me as I spread my attacks out to everyone on my rival list. 90% of them don't lose $ or units. Unless you come and post special "love notes" on my wall, you are likely not receive my full attention.

Most of you speak and post from hearsay and assumptions of what will happen to you by the pirates. Few ever encountered a pirate and can speak from first hand experience.

As for McDoc, I don't know what his gripe was with other members of the group. My personal encounter with was him attacking me first a little while back, unprovoked. Aside from my one time revenge hit back, did I called on my pirate brothers to attack him 24/7? No. Did I raid and flatten his base daily? No.

3. Respect & Gold Spending. I do recall stephen (speed ump) saying that we are all equals, gold or no gold with regards to getting treated with the same customer service from Funzio. I also referenced it in one of my posts about dealing with my own customers the same if they spent $1 or $100,000.

There isn't any disrespect towards any group from the pirates (we are also consists of both gold and non gold players). However, it is just the opposite that some free players would constantly bash gold players calling us "stupid", "only an idiot would...", etc. both here on the forums and on in the game walls. That is truly disrespect as its worse especially that the free players are only able to game for free because of "all" gold players, both large and small.

We may not agree on game play strategy and reasons but I don't recall seeing any pirates disrespecting any members here. We play by the same set of rules as everyone else.

What I have problem is with people who is screaming bloody injustice because gold players have greater stats for something that they paid for...which the free players also have the same opportunity to do as well but chose not to. I don't think someone who spent real $ on gold per FUNZIO's game rules should be on equal footings with someone who spent not a single dime! This is the game structure. If people don't like it, they need to ask Funzio to change and create a pay once, flat fee game or play another game.

4. Real life comparison - I don't know what specifically you are referring to but I see correlations in MW game play/strategies to real war strategies. What is wrong with that? This is a Game and we all know that, but doesn't change the fact that some aspects of it mimic real war.

As for Seq', he is the one constantly relating his "real world" position and physical "abilities" and challenge someone to have a face to face confrontation with him, taking a "game war" into REALITY. Granted, after hearing his story I would have the inclination to want to do the same but not actually acting it out. I hope he gets his issues resolved with this other player.

5. We are only talking about pirates because people ask...they chatter...presume....assume....make up stories... We really here to ask everyone to band together as MW players to help fix the game. No one said once about joining the "pirate cause". It is simply the list of what's wrong with the game and the customer service. This is why speed ump took a poll from "everyone". It is not hey, here are the list of Pirate demands, I want all of you to support it, while not allowing everyone to input.

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Haha, same here. I didn't read anything else in this thread because I could care less. But had to read what my buddy had to say. :)

@HelloKitty - you talk about respect, here is another example of a 'pop shot' of disrespect every time one of us posts. Some feel it is ok to drop in and crap on other people's threads, but the pirates are not being "respectful"?

Many of you may be "senior members" here but I didn't just "pop in" here yesterday and visited this forum to rally for help. I have been a member of this forum since JANUARY 2012, longer than most of the senior members. I simply did not voice out.

Sia
06-12-2012, 01:52 AM

As a DoD person which you claim, you are too exposed on the net! You threat civilians and you post profanity and seek fight and are very much disturbed it dosn't add up!

This is what you wrote, in message:
SeqWins: "
**** you!
Get it?
You're lucky this is a game or I can guarantee you I'd be different face to face."

This the link to your YouTube videos you idiot:
< I delete the link you idiot but any one can search seqWins and find it>

I did you idiot so called marine a favor by telling you with so much exposure on the net do not threaten people on forums and do not use profanity! As a dad you claim to be you are to immature! For a so called Marine Which I doubt and so called US personel which I realy doubt you are truely an idiot!

Of course I search to see who you are and it was a 2 minute job. In YouTube you have posted everything yourself no need to search deep! Of course of you continued your threat I would have taken it to Funzio. As a current civilian being threatened by a so called marine posting his base address and asking to visit it. A person who is undoubtedly unstable, anyone in my position wants to know who he is dealing with and if you really are a marine? If so necessary steps needed to be taken because you undoubtedly are unstable! I personally in disbelief seeing you in uniform and being a dad and still so immature in your post! More important such a bad lier. Saying that seeing the adorable movies soften me a little not taking further actions with the authorities. But question remains? Why such duality and if you use same language and threats with family? I don't, do you?

In this thread you brought my name again without any provocation! I will post rest of your messages to DoD and the forum if necessary! Have some dignity and get your act together!

By the way I am not a pirate nor I am playing anymore! I am following gold ban thread and like to see where it ends. Dont hijack this thread with my name! I seriously like to share the message threads I have with you with anyone interested! Your language in post shows what you are!

The question remains, As a dad do you use the same language at home with your kid? If not no need to use it with people around!

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 02:29 AM
Well that was the biggest waste of 15 minutes I've ever had, remind me not to read forum posts about pirates again.

You people need to grow up, Funzio needs to fix the game, and I couldn't give two hoots who's in what branch of what military organization. I guess you should be proud you defend your country (In Iraq or whatever), on the whole we don't need to know about it.

It is not cool to mention peoples family on the internet, let alone on a game like this.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 02:38 AM
As a DoD person which you claim, you are too exposed on the net! You threat civilians and you post profanity and seek fight and are very much disturbed it dosn't add up!

This is what you wrote, in message:
**** you!
Get it?
You're lucky this is a game or I can guarantee you I'd be different face to face."

This the link to your YouTube videos you idiot:
< I delete the link you idiot but any one can search seqWins and find it>

I did you idiot so called marine a favor by telling you with so much exposure on the net do not threaten people on forums and do not use profanity! As a dad you claim to be you are to immature! For a so called Marine Which I doubt and so called US personel which I realy doubt you are truely an idiot!

Of course I search to see who you are and it was a 2 minute job. In YouTube you have posted everything yourself no need to search deep! Of course of you continued your threat I would have taken it to Funzio. As a current civilian being threatened by a so called marine posting his base address and asking to visit it. A person who is undoubtedly unstable, anyone in my position wants to know who he is dealing with and if you really are a marine? If so necessary steps needed to be taken because you undoubtedly are unstable! I personally in disbelief seeing you in uniform and being a dad and still so immature in your post! More important such a bad lier.

If you are a DoD probably you and your type are the reason your UAV lands safely in foreign land :) because your head is so high of nonsense you never pay attention to your work. Your ID is exposed everywhere and still you threaten and seek trouble.

In this thread you brought my name again without any provocation! I will post rest of your messages to DoD and the forum if necessary! Have some dignity and get your act together!

By the way I am not a pirate nor I am playing! Dont hijack this thread with my name! I seriously like to share the message threads I have with you with anyone interested! Your language in post shows what you are!

The question remains, As a dad do you use the same language at home with your kid? If not no need to use it with people around!

Post it please, because i hate lier's. And this has me intrigued, in relation to all Pirate posts and issues, IT's a game, learn to play it. The only reason why people give out about them is because they are the best. they know how to play and play it well. I am not a Pirate nor am i sucking up. If anything I am impressed at how they play. anyone who posts crap on my wall gets an attack, if i fail, i fail and move on to the next person. THIS IS A WAR GAME, IS IT NOT?

If you want to be a free player then be one but dont complain about the ones that can afford to buy gold. I buy gold, not a lot, but i have purchased. I am up for Boycotting and have posted a note on my wall about it, but that is to get Funzio/Gree(dy) to wake up and listen to its customer base.

@SeqWins, please comeback to this thread and explain yourself, I for one know a lot of people that used to work for the US embassy in the Ukraine when I worked there, in no certain terms would they ever go online an d state who they were because someone sent them a message in a game app. I had some bit of respect for you when you were having your little tiff with War Priest some time back as you stated you were a Marine. If what Sia has said is true, (I clicked on the link Sia left with the links to the video's of yourself and your daughter, and was shocked), then a member of the DoD would not be leaving themselves open like that to attacks.

This is post 911 and surely there were measures in place that all DoD members and anyone who works for the US Army, Government etc to not have members of there family on a public website for all unsavory characters to see and plan what to do to YOU. If you really are a member of the DoD then you need to brush up on your Defence!!!

Sorry but I really do hate lier's and people who make out there are hardy men, and kick the wings off a butterfly at 1000 paces, blah blah blah.

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Post it please, because i hate lier's. And this has me intrigued, in relation to all Pirate posts and issues, IT's a game, learn to play it. The only reason why people give out about them is because they are the best. they know how to play and play it well. I am not a Pirate nor am i sucking up. If anything I am impressed at how they play. anyone who posts crap on my wall gets an attack, if i fail, i fail and move on to the next person. THIS IS A WAR GAME, IS IT NOT?

If you want to be a free player then be one but dont complain about the ones that can afford to buy gold. I buy gold, not a lot, but i have purchased. I am up for Boycotting and have posted a note on my wall about it, but that is to get Funzio/Gree(dy) to wake up and listen to its customer base.

@SeqWins, please comeback to this thread and explain yourself, I for one know a lot of people that used to work for the US embassy in the Ukraine when I worked there, in no certain terms would they ever go online an d state who they were because someone sent them a message in a game app. I had some bit of respect for you when you were having your little tiff with War Priest some time back as you stated you were a Marine. If what Sia has said is true, (I clicked on the link Sia left with the links to the video's of yourself and your daughter, and was shocked), then a member of the DoD would not be leaving themselves open like that to attacks.

This is post 911 and surely there were measures in place that all DoD members and anyone who works for the US Army, Government etc to not have members of there family on a public website for all unsavory characters to see and plan what to do to YOU. If you really are a member of the DoD then you need to brush up on your Defence!!!

Sorry but I really do hate lier's and people who make out there are hardy men, and kick the wings off a butterfly at 1000 paces, blah blah blah.

Amen Captain Taranis73

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Cheers Mick, Football tonight? its Saltee's night.

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Cheers Mick, Football tonight? its Saltee's night.

Ya no problems, was wondering were you were over the last couple of nights!

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Little Sionnach's BDay at the weekend, was knackered last night and sat in and watched the Ukraine match. Weird seeing your ex-local pitch and the seats you used to sit in on the TV.

And thats Major Taranis73 to you!!!!!!;)

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Ah that explains it alright, see you around 630 or so :P

Poopenshire
06-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Ok I got my joke in last night an it wasn't a success. It time for a serious strategy question. Do any prirates either gold or free play unit farm? If so what are units of choice? I know the former super units were once a target I am sure, but we know they were dropping in the wrong spots and too often. Do you still farm them? Myself being a small gold and small valor am attempting to create my army from loot and money units and I wanted to know if the casualty rates for the units of choice were as horrible as valor is for me (I have lost as much as 1100 valor in a single hit)?

SeqWins
06-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Taranis-You didn't make any sense in your post, I'm a liar how? Because I posted a video of me and my daughter riding my motorcycle? Yes that's me! Leaving myself exposed? Does it say
My name and rank? Explain myself? What I'm I explaining again? Lol?

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 04:20 AM
That you had said that Sia was coming after you and had posted about your daughter, when in fact it was actually you that has started it all, by posting -

**** you!
Get it?

Now if its different, post all the messages between yourself and Sia so we can finish this argument once and for all. As i said I know a lot of US citizens, Marines etc that worked for the US embassy in the Ukraine, even with diplomatic immunity they would never expose themselves like you have on the net.

Its like you are constantly trying to prove who you are to people on a forum, where they can never meet you in person. What sort of Marine tells people to come to their base and they will show you what for, seriously if you are a Marine and work for the DoD, then your letting yourself and your country down. Defense includes secrecy also you know, or do you.

SeqWins
06-12-2012, 04:27 AM
If you are so worried about and so interested about it which it seems you are then ask him for all of the messages. Like I said before I'm out of this thread. Your perception of me on an Internet forum will neither change not alter who I am or why I do when I wake up the next morning. All of you seem to know everything and all is so easy for you, you're all quick to judge and jump on the pirate bandwagon just for a game. This is sad.

To all my friends who know me an do not judge me for posting a video on YouTube of me and my daughter riding my
Motorcycle lol you know where I'll be, to all others have a field day and carry on talking nonsense since you seem to know it all.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 04:34 AM
hold on one minute there now Seq, you are the one that gets offended if anything is said to you that you do not agree to. You said that Sia had started all of this and that they stated that they were a member of the Pirates. Now it seems that you will not prove your word here in front of all of us.

So do what you said, GO and dont darken the doors of this thread again, but seen as you broke your word on that previously i dont hold much hope for you to do that either. All anyone in life asks for is people to be honest to each other, as well as to themselves!!!!!.

If you agree to it, ask Sia to send me a PM of the messages between the both of you so that I can apologies to you, because if I'm wrong thats the first thing I do, and then try my best to get back the friendship that I had. Don't make accusations about what people say to you that you are unable to back up.

SeqWins
06-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Ever since I came into these forums I have been proving myself, I forget who mentioned earlier.."it seems you're trying to prove yourself" well that person it right. I have been doubted by even the forumites who I even get along better now. But I've now realized I don't need to anymore like I said wether Taranis or whatever other weird Internet persona thinks of me is not going to change who I am when I wake up. I'm still me. Prove myself! Again? Lol to who? An avatar?

I'm human I did say that, DOD or not were not robots I understand how you guys can see the wrong I this
But I fail to see how you cannot see the wrong in googling videos of me and using my daughter in messages? Wow wtf? After this who wouldn't want to beat some bodies?so yeah go ahead Taranis or anybody else judge along some more " omg! He's a Marine and he said that" " he has no honor"! Blah blah blah but omit what was said to me that doesn't count....

If it makes you or anybody else feel better I'm wrong for having an animal instinct.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 04:56 AM
NO, your just wrong, you have been caught out by the person you accused and even now you wont own up to it. If you did we would have more respect for you. HoYeah or what ever that stupid phrase is that Marines use.

Now are you going to ask Sia to PM the messages between the two of you so that it can be confirmed what happened?

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 06:11 AM
*STOP*

Seqwins, you need to take your beef with Sia to another thread.

I don't want your personal grief with another player be mixed up with the thread about Pirates. We have nothing to do with it but you are constantly sucking us into your fight. We are not your whipping boy and your scapegoat. Your posts are rude and disrespectful even as I tried to explain to you the facts as I know it and I have not disrespected you.

You yourself said you are not the same guy that had a run in with speed ump in the game and got banned so there is officically no ties to the pirates individually or as a group. CASE CLOSED!

I have been a senior moderator on a major firearms forum for over ten years. The way with how many people behave on this forum would have gotten themselves banned long time ago.

There are some good, intelligent, and even tempered people on this forum from what I observed and Funzio should appoint them as moderators so the forum doesn't run amuck. (ps. I am NOT suggesting myself). Keep the fighting out, keep the rude behaviors out, keep the silly off topic comments out, etc. and what you have left is hopefully something useful to the rest of the members who care about MW.

Agent Orange
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Ever since I came into these forums I have been proving myself, I forget who mentioned earlier.."it seems you're trying to prove yourself" well that person it right. I have been doubted by even the forumites who I even get along better now. But I've now realized I don't need to anymore like I said wether Taranis or whatever other weird Internet persona thinks of me is not going to change who I am when I wake up. I'm still me. Prove myself! Again? Lol to who? An avatar?

I'm human I did say that, DOD or not were not robots I understand how you guys can see the wrong I this
But I fail to see how you cannot see the wrong in googling videos of me and using my daughter in messages? Wow wtf? After this who wouldn't want to beat some bodies?so yeah go ahead Taranis or anybody else judge along some more " omg! He's a Marine and he said that" " he has no honor"! Blah blah blah but omit what was said to me that doesn't count....

If it makes you or anybody else feel better I'm wrong for having an animal instinct.

I have to admit in this post 911 era exposing oneself online especially depending on one's line of 'work' could be asking for trouble. You have a fairly unique online handle just like my in game handle so a google search probably finds a lot of information you may or may not want out there.

Seems like we've reached a point where nobody seems to know who drew first blood. I also don't recall Sia ever mentioning they were part of Team Pirate nor do I think it's relevent at this point.

What is rather funny is that the only bashing being done in the official pirate bashing thread is between non pirates!

Agent Orange
06-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Thought it was kind of interesting that the top rank in this game is Special Ops, the first time I saw Lord's rank I thought to myself, holy.... Funzio gave Team Pirate a skull and crossbones graphic then I chuckled to myself that it wasn't bones but the Special Forces graphic.... Still an interesting choice....

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 06:31 AM
well I'm done with my bashing, didn't mean to offend anyone, just had to have my rant. As I said I don't like people who cant back up what they say, but I can move on from this.

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Ok I got my joke in last night an it wasn't a success. It time for a serious strategy question. Do any prirates either gold or free play unit farm? If so what are units of choice? I know the former super units were once a target I am sure, but we know they were dropping in the wrong spots and too often. Do you still farm them? Myself being a small gold and small valor am attempting to create my army from loot and money units and I wanted to know if the casualty rates for the units of choice were as horrible as valor is for me (I have lost as much as 1100 valor in a single hit)?

You should check out this thread from Qraider
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32369-Very-Powerful-Loot-Items/page3

If you want to be as "strong as you can be"? My advice is to save up valor, save up money, and save up gold and buy only the highest stat units possible. Get the units that gives you the country advantage...such as air power for Russian and sea power for British.

I have probably wasted countless gold, valor, money on units that no longer goes into battle. When you want to advance your stats after you have reached a "milestone" you have to spend "double" as you are now replacing older units. Example, say I have 2000 gold units with a stat of 10/10....when I reach 20,000 A/D, I will have to buy gold units at 20/20 just to advance 10/10 as 50% of it is to overcome your older units.

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Thought it was kind of interesting that the top rank in this game is Special Ops, the first time I saw Lord's rank I thought to myself, holy.... Funzio gave Team Pirate a skull and crossbones graphic then I chuckled to myself that it wasn't bones but the Special Forces graphic.... Still an interesting choice....

Shhhhh....don't tell anybody. 😄

Kiss Of Death
06-12-2012, 06:55 AM
You should check out this thread from Qraider
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32369-Very-Powerful-Loot-Items/page3

If you want to be as "strong as you can be"? My advice is to save up valor, save up money, and save up gold and buy only the highest stat units possible. Get the units that gives you the country advantage...such as air power for Russian and sea power for British.

I have probably wasted countless gold, valor, money on units that no longer goes into battle. When you want to advance your stats after you have reached a "milestone" you have to spend "double" as you are now replacing older units. Example, say I have 2000 gold units with a stat of 10/10....when I reach 20,000 A/D, I will have to buy gold units at 20/20 just to advance 10/10 as 50% of it is to overcome your older units.

Gold units that low... I pretty much though gold units were on a par with the most powerful cash units... certainly even the common crate items are nearly as powerfull than say a $8,000,000 boat, and at least as powerful as 2-5 million boats. Certainly the only aircraft regulary above even the lowly crate common item is the level 8 advanced airbase one for 3.6 million. So here's somthing I was just about to post and see what flack and feedback I get from forum members...

"Ok,
First up there is no point reading this if any of the following apply:

a) You don’t buy gold
b) You don’t plan on being a long term player
c) You’re an IT try hard (not interested in your bull on my post go put your rand() input elsewhere)
d) You’re not an obsessive compulsive addicted statistical minded individual

Before I realised this forum even existed and within a few days of playing I figured that as you climb, longer term players will have had more time to build up income and unit types, that if I intended to climb quickly I needed to offset a few clear issues that a few hours of playing showed me.

I then thought about other games like this where people form groups at the top and you have two choices, cave to a group or try to bravely strike out on your own. So how would this be possible and what dynamics was I seeing?

First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)

Second, raided buildings lost you about 66% of your revenue. Or gained you up to 66% of their revenue (No brainer)

Third, you can only lose up to (at time this is written) $30k per failed attack or win up to $300k per attack restricted to a max of 10% of the unprotected cash on hand each attack and the number of attacks until the can’t attack any more comes up (Likewise lose $300k a hit). (again no brainer)

I then looked at gold units and found them wanting for the amount they cost to buy vs. their return and initially I set a rule of only buy units that had a (A+D)/G ratio equal to 1.2x the gold value or if one statistic was 0.7x i.e. A/G or D/G. This worked very well initially but climbing as quickly as I was with minimal income coming in I realised I could not replace losses quickly and it was stifling my fun!

So I looked at the statistics of crates and unless you are very unlucky then for the same 800 gold you can spend on say four mid-sized units with a 150-160 A+D total each (a ratio of about 0.75x) you can get 12 Crates with 100 gold to spare. The 12 crates give you 12 units that can’t die and you should get 1-2 rare (maybe the big rare if your amazingly lucky), 3 Uncommon which have similar stats to the 4 set price units, and 7-8 commons which are the equivalent of $2-6million dry dock ships… which can die. An average ratio expected on those 12 crates would be 1.59x when compared to the 0.75x and provides 12 (4 full allies) slots with undying units as opposed to 4 (1 Ally fully fielding) slots.

So now I get an argument “yes but I guarantee I get what I want…” so do I… I guarantee myself that I will have 12 units that later in game terms cannot die, are as powerful or more powerful than the most expensive in game cash units, realistically I will get 3 (of what you paid for to get four) mid powered in addition to the 8 expected lower ones AND likely get at least 1 much more powerful perhaps 2 than what you paid for to guarantee your 4 mid units.

Over the course of a year or two of playing building up the crate items, yes I may even occasionally get a 200+A and 200+Def unit… for 58gold… but I will have hundreds of undying middle and lower units.
So how does this come into my long term strategy with the big boys..?

Simple… returning to basics. (No Brainers are winners)

They can put out hits, they can come rummaging through my city/camp but all they can do is reduce my income to 33%... I’m still making money, and kill off a few of the in house cash units not most of my active army. Their tactics of attrition when they reduce your income and systematically reduce your units to a level you cannot recover from becomes severely hampered if not laughable. Simply manage your allies, dump enough that what you have left in perishable unit fielding allies is replaceable by 33% of your hourly income that you can collect during your gaming day.

I don’t care how much they plunder if my units stay fighting. And as I said, the massive number of extra lower units that can’t die bolstering up the mid and rare ones you get make for staying power. Then sure lash out 950 gold for a unit with over 300A or D but why bother until you have maxed out your ally count and every other unit is non perishable…

My thoughts anyway. I’m only a statistician and looking at this from a cost effective, numerical position.
Oh and I’m a GIRL! Had this out already. So I should add to the top. e) Don’t bother reading this if you’re a bigot who thinks all women are dumber than you.

It’s a simple system and has no bearing on needing special game play changes to make it work in my favor.
Don’t forget those great weekly free indestructible units for events! Every free one is a winner in your army.

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 07:13 AM
The "gold 10/10" unit stat was just a made up one to make things easier to explain.

For the best result, in my opinion, you really have to look at what your end game is. If you simply want to hit 100k with an indestruable army, sure, buy the lower stat gold units with 1.2/g ratio as you are maximizing your dollar. Also playing the crates may get you a better average of gold vs. stats ratio, but realize that you will have to replace those units if you ever want to go higher than 100k in stats. Your stat/gold ratio just went down dramatically. You may be indestructible but also means you won't win any fights or raids against opponent with higher than 100k stats.

If you want to aspire to be one of the top players and have money to back up your gold spending, buy ONLY the top units. I don't buy anything with lower than 300 attack or defense now...well, up until the gold ban.

If you are a non gold player, save up for that top money unit...save up for that high valor unit (wait for it....wait until you are high enough in ranks before buying).

That's my advice from personal experience and someone who's been playing for about six months.

mickymacirl
06-12-2012, 07:23 AM
"First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)" No cas glitch.... pretty much all of these peoples units are gold.

General Insane
06-12-2012, 10:13 AM
"First, all units can be killed except gold bought ones. (no brainer)" No cas glitch.... pretty much all of these peoples units are gold.

Not all of the units are gold.
Only the 2,000 forward facing pieces are gold.
Most of us possess 20,000 or more gold trinkets and junk trinkets.

DVL505
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
For me this post is very informative, minus the rants. It just goes to show how one should not allow one persons opinion of something effect the overall value of the problem. I will be the first to admit that I fell for this and by doing so I never really came to terms what the real issues were. Yes until these recent posts I was anti pirate because of my choice to believe everything I had read about the pirate methodology on the forum. What I have discovered that there is a genuine desire to make the game better for all, and that desire comes soley from them bad a** pirates. Go figure!

fuzzlenutz
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Most Excellent Post

Mcdoc
06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
As for McDoc, I don't know what his gripe was with other members of the group. My personal encounter with was him attacking me first a little while back, unprovoked. Aside from my one time revenge hit back, did I called on my pirate brothers to attack him 24/7? No. Did I raid and flatten his base daily? No.

There was already a discussion on this forum about the "Bullying" of people below 500 Allies by Pirates when I came across a post on an in-game wall where I witnessed 1st hand someone named Field Marshall Paul calling a player out on his wall. I was already hyper-sensitive to the Bullying issue and replied to FMP : "Silly Pirate - bullying is for cowards - LoL". After which FMP & I had a very civil discussion and all was over and done.

Then a few days later I got PM's from several Forum members saying I listed as an "Elite" target by GI in an order to all Pirates. I started a thread about it seeking more info - and quite honestly, got a few visits from several people in this thread but most of them were Lost battles with zero dollars and maybe a unit or two. No one stomped on my base, and a few people even left money behind (my defenses are high).

The only explanation I got about WHY I was placed on the hitlist came from Speed / Stephan who said that someone didn't like what I had posted HERE on the Forums. So That is why you have seen me say several times that Profanity & rasicist remarks are NOT the only way to end up on the hitlist.

My only true beef about the pirates was when I come across players who have posted "This base is protected by the Pirate Nation . . .attack me and I'll sick the pirates on you" - blah blah blah - or something to that affect - which to me is a total coward tactic. THAT is not calling ALL Pirates Cowards, that is simply saying THAT particular post is a Cowardly tactic. Reading comprehension skills are required to know the difference, so that is also why you may have seen remarks by me regarding the Reading Comprehension Skills of whoever put out a hit on me because of things they "misread" or "misunderstood" here on the forums. It is a Passive Aggressive tactic to frustrate the "enemy" or to make a Bully feel foolish - which in my experience in life - the fastest way to take power away from someone who thinks they are stronger than you is to make fun of them publicly and expose them.

Like everyone here has said, it is a WAR Game - a game where the WHOLE point is to attack Rivals - but most importantly - a GAME that has no real relevance in life. To see someone cry about "attack me and I'm telling my big brothers" is someone who should quit the game and go play with Barbies so they wont get their wittle fweelings hurt. Granted - those who hide behind these statements are probably NOT the honored pirates that I have come to respect - rather some low ranking punks who don't understand the true nature of the alliance, or posers who aren't even affiliated.

As for McDoc, ... My personal encounter with was him attacking me first a little while back, unprovoked

Lastly, when I am running through my rivals list for Battle Points or Valor missions, I usually hit once to see what the outcome is and move on if the BP is less than 100. BUT - if I get like 179 BP from a random battle, I will unload my stamina there in order to get the most BP possible. I'm not sure what a "provoked" attack is when someone shows up on your Rivals list - to be honest, the whole point of the game is to provoke attacks against "Rivals" - otherwise you become an Allie :) Why do you think the game invokes feelings by labeling a return attack as "revenge".

It's never personal - unless it is a revenge attack when someone purposely attacks all my Boost & defense buildings & I respond with some friendly War Banter like:
"I don't use Vaseline, THIS is gonna hurt"
After all - if you can't talk smack in an imaginary War Game, then when do you actually get the chance to take your shirt off, beat your chest, and proclaim your dominance :)

All in All - there are a lot of Senior Pirate members that I have come to respect and I honestly do NOT have hatred towards the group. I had even volunteered several times to take up the cause as I am a firm believer in the "Neighborhood Watch Program" that the Pirates seemed to emulate with their self-proclaimed mission to stop vulgar & racist postings.

Tctiger
06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
So what is all the pirate talk about ? I know you are a group of people who run companies and are allies from your gold ban thread . Some people on here was worried the pirate group was picking on people as a group or something , so what exactly does the pirate group do ? Do you fight together or have people at different levels offering protection to weaker members?

Wdigeorge
06-12-2012, 05:41 PM
================
Originally Posted by Wdigeorge
As for McDoc, ... My personal encounter with was him attacking me first a little while back, unprovoked

================
Lastly, when I am running through my rivals list for Battle Points or Valor missions, I usually hit once to see what the outcome is and move on if the BP is less than 100. BUT - if I get like 179 BP from a random battle, I will unload my stamina there in order to get the most BP possible. I'm not sure what a "provoked" attack is when someone shows up on your Rivals list - to be honest, the whole point of the game is to provoke attacks against "Rivals" - otherwise you become an Allie :) Why do you think the game invokes feelings by labeling a return attack as "revenge".

It's never personal - unless it is a revenge attack when someone purposely attacks all my Boost & defense buildings & I respond with some friendly War Banter like:
"I don't use Vaseline, THIS is gonna hurt"

My point is just that. We only cross swords once and you initiated it and I didn't seek you out. It wasn't me, the big bad pirate going after poor little 'ol McDoc for no reason. It is to prove a point that I didn't take it personal and I am sure it is the same with many other pirates if they had been attacks once. I am sure many people here thinks (or until recently) if they attack a pirate and all the pirates will gang up on him. It isn't so.

I am using you, McDoc, a living proof to demonstrating a case since you were so vocal about getting on the priate hit list. Yet you survived, without a scratch, and even got a few extra dollars out of the deal.

Quote:
"...got a few visits from several people in this thread but most of them were Lost battles with zero dollars and maybe a unit or two. No one stomped on my base, and a few people even left money behind (my defenses are high). "

I expect to get attacked at all times but those who attack me also got one standard revenge hit back, as most would expect. We ended at that. I didn't go cry to my pirate buddies to attack you or summon my golden army and rain fire upon your base.

If I had wanted to, I don't think any amount of Vaseline is gonna help ya. 😱. ... In reference to your..."I don't use Vaseline, THIS is gonna hurt" quote. 😃

Poopenshire
06-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I think George has a point here. Even I give a token hit back at someone if they hit or raid me. Doesn't matter if they are way below me or higher. If they keep it up I will too but that's part of the game I always agreed with speed ump about.

Speed ump
06-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Sequins, it's obvious you're not all you claim to be. You yourself said your age as being near twenty. That pretty much let's us know where your rank might be too. Your behavior dictates that same sentiment. Nothing wrong with being a private or a general. We need the all. George pointed it out well, Direct your comments to the correct people, and do t hide the facts in your favor. Also, show some respect, you have no idea who you are talking to. During my military career, I was taught to respect, all. Many pirates are ex military. many at higher command levels. Many of us have had extensive training ourselves. No matter how bad you might think you are, there is always someone badder. You are obviously tryi g your utmost to pick a fight with a pirate. We're just not that dumb, to think you get into that kind of trouble over a game. I would never try to threaten any individual here in any way in the real world, and it seems apparent now that sia did not either. If he had it would not have fit the image I have in my head of who I think he is as a person in any way. It just did not fit. There's always two sides to every story. Like George said, if you receive an actual real threat of harm to yourself or any of your loved ones. Report it now. Do not wait. You never know with the crazies in the world. Just look at the guy who was eating the homeless mans face. Crazy world. Let's get back on subject. I may be mistaken, but I'm getting the feeling that many here are viewing pirated differently now. Not sure if that's good or not, might have lost some of the intimidation factor.lol. I'm fine with anyone wanting to attack anyone else in the game for any reason they can dream up. I don't care why you attack me. I will respond the way I wish regardless of this. So far no one else has established a viable group in any way other than us. Many have tried and failed. It has more to do with chemistry bewteen our members, our organizational abilities, and a good set of guidelines. As George has said, anyone can do this. Don't whine because you chose not to. You can play anyway You chose, but so can I. We decide how we want to play, and it keeps things intresting. We have to keep within the physical limitations of the game, and the rules set forth
By funzio. Short of that, anything goes. We may chose to protect our memebers, that's up to us. We're not going to let others tell us how that should be, because we don't have to, and neither do you. It might mean Ou take a beating sometimes. Or for the guy waiting to win the lotto, I'd be happy and honored to have you come whip my rear if that time comes. It's what I like about the game. There are a few that can win against me. We have fought. We haved not fought. It's all fine. ( I like the fighing better)

Q Raider
06-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Hehehe

Speedump that would be me with the lotto blurb, all in the fun of the game......mind you I would love to be able to do it for the obvious reason of what would have precluded it....

Still trying to even get up to where you are though so it's going to take some time before I can even see what I am up against....heard what a great place you have an I would like to see it at least.

Just hope that Funzio/Gree sort out the issues so that there is more than a vacuum up where you are by the time I get there.....

Tctiger
06-13-2012, 06:08 AM
so what is the point of being in a pirate group or any other group ? to protect the lower pirates with revenge raids from higher pirates to stop people attacking lower pirates ? surelly if they have a gold army they would not need protection ? is that why people are moaning about pirates ?

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
We have fun. Its a game, so hopefully thats why you play. Co ordinated attacks from many have more effect than amny attacks from a single individual. Did I say we have fun.

mickymacirl
06-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Not all of the units are gold.
Only the 2,000 forward facing pieces are gold.
Most of us possess 20,000 or more gold trinkets and junk trinkets.

Nod I understand that, I've had people with half my strength with the No Cas glitch attack me, lose 4 out of 5, they lose no units, and I'd lose 2-3k valor worth, if that happens 10 times and it gets bloody annoying. Oh btw, I bring all gold units to battle, I still lose valor units.

On the note of No cas glitch, I've seen no reports from anyone from Gree/Funzio that is is a known issue and that its been investigated.. can we get an update please Gree/Funzio?

Jp lfs
06-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Again Speed ump, much respect for taking all the potshots and staying so level headed. And I'm glad to see some of your team mates jumped in to take some of the heat off of you alone. It has also served, I think, to help your team's reputation in general. There was a lot of uninformed, random bashing going on before you started this thread, and I think you helped stop some of that.

Not kissing up, just a polite nod of respect to you, george, and GI. Thanks for taking the time. And the work you are doing with the gold ban seems to be making some progress, too. Also, I don't think everyone realizes that your efforts there can help everyone here, not just your team. Best of luck!

Speed ump
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks jp. I think i have noticed a bit less bashing. Your right, some are so against the pirates they have had trouble realizing these efforts arnt just for pirates. I have seen some changes there too though. Next step, geting funzio to make real efforts and changes based on these efforts. Work, work, work.

Dingleberry
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Pirates?
What Pirates?
Pirates where?

Q Raider
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Pirates?
What Pirates?
Pirates where?

Casually hands Dingleberry a mirror....

Maverick50727
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Nod I understand that, I've had people with half my strength with the No Cas glitch attack me, lose 4 out of 5, they lose no units, and I'd lose 2-3k valor worth, if that happens 10 times and it gets bloody annoying. Oh btw, I bring all gold units to battle, I still lose valor units.

On the note of No cas glitch, I've seen no reports from anyone from Gree/Funzio that is is a known issue and that its been investigated.. can we get an update please Gree/Funzio?

Micky I think you are taking in units to battle that you don't think you are. You cat lose units that you don't take. In 6 months I have never seen this happen. I've had a number of people state the sand thing to me before but they could only see the first 45 and were assuming units lost were toolow to take. Each one I allied with I dumped there units into excel to sort. Each time the data showed those units were being used. I'm also not 100% sure what happens when the lowest unit is tied for stats. You may want to double check. That is also why I like running under my max ally count so I can see all units being taken on the attack side without it requiring lots of effort to plug numbers into excel. Just think you should double check.

Also the whole low ally count to control unit list below the 45 limit is getting harder and harder do with all the one off units you get in events. At this rate in a few months it may not be possible at all

Maverick50727
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Casually hands Dingleberry a mirror....
LMAO. you beat me to the mirror thing.