PDA

View Full Version : Jamming box results - Zero $$ spent

shadowraven
06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
So here we go…Another promotion to get the player to spend their in game $$ or even worse, entice them to buy gold to open that last jamming box to hit 10! Surely just one more will put me over the top right? WRONG!

In the short time I have been playing MW I have quickly realized this game is geared towards one thing and one thing only. Get the player to spend real $$. Oh sorry sir, construction time on that upgrade is 140 hours! Sound familier?

So this time around I refused to get my hopes up and spend anything other than the “free” chances to open the boxes.

These are my results:
64 attempts
7 Jamming pods opened!!!:D
3 for $$$k
1 for random ground weapon item
1 extra ally
34 Boxes rotted un opened.

Zero $$ spent and ZERO gold spent with the same results I have received from the previous three promotions that I spent tons of $$ and gold to get the top price…..:cool:

Sorry but for me…It’s the rusty knife or broken crowbar for me!

Good luck!

Dr. Dengus
06-11-2012, 01:04 PM
64 attempts and 12 opens....12/64 = 0.1875

That's a pretty bad success rate, I'll stick with the middle option.

albeezy
06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
amazing that you could have that many boxes unopened. I had two when it ended and must have opened 80+ with cash option. I got 9 satellites. Everytime I get a ton of boxes I get attacked like crazy and lose them all. Sometimes I will lose 8+ boxes/crates to a single attacker. I have no problem finding them (got fourteen boxes on fourteen hits on the boss of the natural gas facility), no problem opening them, just a problem keeping others from stealing them. Need to boost my D (MY elite base defense unit sure helps in that department, sorry to those who don't have it...yet?)

Corsair
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
That's actually pretty cool to know. What this says to me is you can still compete on items for free, but you won't get much extra. The medium (cash) opens are worth it - to me - for the extra loot and valor (and even grunts), but only because my IPH supports it.

manbeast
06-11-2012, 04:13 PM
strong 1st post brah

i won the unit using only the middle option. this is only my second crate event to win. never used any gold on events

for this event i had 9 for a while, then got 14 sorry's in a row, then the next morning got the 10th part!

shadowraven
06-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Wanted to ask a clarification question about defense buildings.

Is it true that each defense building has a protective radius that boost other structures around it that value? You can see this radius by tapping on the defensive building and a blue circle appear…..Correct?

I’m assuming the answer is “yes” or why would there be a blue circle to show boost radius right?

This leads to my next question (assuming above statement is indeed true). Why do you see so many players with such poorly laid out basses? More times than not, I see someone with rows and rows of protective buildings on one side of their base and money buildings way on the other side of the base. Does this make any sense or I’m I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

695-940-325

Hassleham
06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
strong 1st post brah

i won the unit using only the middle option. this is only my second crate event to win. never used any gold on events

for this event i had 9 for a while, then got 14 sorry's in a row, then the next morning got the 10th part!

Sounds like you got very lucky! I've tried hard in 4/5, using only the medium chance option, and never won a single event. It's as if they've programmed them to stop dropping when you reach 9 so that you think buying gold will help. Ive reached 9 at least 3 times, usually with >2 days left.

shadowraven
06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I guess I should have kept my mouth shut about failure rates for these events (I guess the Dev’s do read these threads lol)

This time I’m trying to open with medium option for 60k a pop…….

For the current RPG event I will break it out per day:
1st day: 18 tries….1 crate opened (1 RPG)
2nd day: 16 tries….7 crates opened (6 RPG’s)
3rd day: 15 tries….1 crate opened ( extra alley)
4th day: 12 tries and counting……1 crate opened (500k)

So after 3.6M spent, I’m no better off than when I did the last event spending zero gold or money and used the “low” or “free” option to open crates……

Ourpalace
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Based on my experience, you may just spend some gold in the first few round. You can stop spending when you have 5th one. The late ones are hard to get comapring with early ones.

Dr. Dengus
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I guess I should have kept my mouth shut about failure rates for these events (I guess the Dev’s do read these threads lol)

This time I’m trying to open with medium option for 60k a pop…….

For the current RPG event I will break it out per day:
1st day: 18 tries….1 crate opened (1 RPG)
2nd day: 16 tries….7 crates opened (6 RPG’s)
3rd day: 15 tries….1 crate opened ( extra alley)
4th day: 12 tries and counting……1 crate opened (500k)

So after 3.6M spent, I’m no better off than when I did the last event spending zero gold or money and used the “low” or “free” option to open crates……

Wow that's really bad luck for cash opens. You didn't get any units whatsoever either? I usually get a few Armored Chargers, Ghost Hounds, etc.. That's extremely bad luck for cash opens 10/61 = 0.164 open rate. I wouldn't give up on 'em, next event you might end up with 3,000 valor and a few mil in extra cash at the end. I'm just taking an educated guess here, but throughout all events I'd say I have roughly a 0.25 - 0.35 success rate with the middle option.