PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Cheated

Gunn
06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I am (and not for the first time) feeling cheated by funzio. I have been trying to get the the highest level item from the crate/briefcase/coffer etc challenges for the past month or so, to no avail. I've come close, 8 a couple times, 9 once or twice. For the past challenge i decided that I was going to really focus and make sure I got that 10 item. I got to 7 artifacts at the very beginning of the second day. Along the way I think I opened 2 or 3 coffers that didn't have artifacts in them, which has been my typical experience. But I was at 7 artifacts with plenty of time left and 9 or so unopened coffers, I thought for sure this would be my week. Over the course of the next few days I played the game vigorously, constantly doing jobs and robbing coffers, adding to my count. And almost without fail would open a coffer (or attempt to) every waking hour. What happened was incredibly frustrating. I didn't keep an exact count, but I opened somewhere between 25-30 coffers in a row, none of which had a single artifact in it. It was a lot of silenced uzis and 6,000 dollar prizes. let me repeat that. 4 days, 25-30 coffers and 0 that's right 0 artifacts.... And I don't want to hear anything about rotten luck. That wasn't luck, that was intentional. It seems to me that the last item is dangled there in an attempt from funzio to get you to buy gold and increase your "chances." I really enjoy the game, and have been playing it for a long time, but it's shady maneuvers like this from funzio that makes me consider just uninstalling it from my phone. Has anyone else had a similar experience or am i alone here?

Feng1234
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Hmmm life is unfair, get used to it. I understand your pain but you Look like a free player so your comments are void.

At least you didn't spend any gold. Don't ever spend on gold on events unless you won the lotto because youll feel even more angry. Just cruise huh and enjoy the items you do get for free!

617Pats
06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes, I have. I am sure many more also have shared your experience. I have not gotten a single event 10th item prize. I have come close with 8/9 objects many times. Eventually we will all leave the game either due to boredom, anger, or some other reason. I would not expect Funzio to have any sympathy for you, as there main goal is money.

M00nsh1n3
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Join the club, I think it's a business after all. I have 0 end items as well and I spent gold.

Swingle007
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I suspect we've all had that experience unfortunately . I go 3 or 4 days consecutively in nearly every event and don't find another item to add to the 7, 8, or 9 I've gotten to that point. Always comes down to the last day trying for either number 9 or 10. I look at it like I get three or four items that were better than the majority of the ones I had in their respective category prior to the event, and none of them cost me any gold. Gotta look at it that way to help ease the pain of never getting that 10th one when all is said and done.

Gunn
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
First, I am not a free player. I have spent my money on this game, and thus I think I am entitled an opinion. Second, I don't actually expect any sort of action from funzio. I just think it's a shame that they conduct themselves this way. I agree that the 10th level item should be tough to get, but this is ridiculous. It is a business, and I don't see what they have to gain by pissing off their customers.

joaquim
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Funzio is switching the items that drop from boxes and there's an update available tommorow. Hopefully they'll decide to do something about the drop rate once you get 8 artifacts or whatever the next event is. But about feeling cheated, I'm with you. For this past event, it took me 3 days to get from 7 to 8 and this is the 4th event in a row that I finish with 8.

Swifty
06-10-2012, 06:57 PM
@OP

I do keep track, so I can tell you exactly how it went for me in this last event. I never use gold in events, all attempts were made with the middle option.

It took me 30 attempts to get 8.
It took me another 46 attempts to get the 9th.
I made an additional 12 attempts and did not get the 10th.

Business as usual.

Gunn
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
swifty

when you say attempts, are you counting times that you failed to open coffers, or are all of those coffers you opened without receiving an artifact?

Swifty
06-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Those include fails to open.

7rs60
06-10-2012, 07:16 PM
That sucks. But it's possible to get the 10th item. I got it in the event a couple weeks ago. I got it on a free open too, not cash or gold. I didn't get the most recent one, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Eyelusion
06-10-2012, 07:19 PM
The open rates and artifact rates definitely feel like they've been set more toward 7 day events, but planned for only 5 days?

Last event I got the 10th on the last day(including the 2 day extension) after 135 attempts and almost 60 opens. The Billionaire, who spent all gold, still didn't get his until over 110 opens and on the 6th day with over 2000 gold spent!

The event before that I didn't get past 8.

The event before that I got the 10th artifact with cash only with 1 day and 4 hours left in the event.

I open really close to the same amount every day of each event, about 18-19/day. Is it all luck? It doesn't feel like it's luck when you aren't getting the last 2 artifacts, but I felt really lucky 3 events ago when I got the 10th with cash only and still over a day left.

Somehow, the "lucky" rates on the 9th and 10th item, thru my observations from reading event threads and talking with other players, really do seem to change from event to event. Maybe they do adjust the % or odds of someone getting #9 or #10 on each event to try to adjust it for what they feel is a good amount of prizes to give out?

As for why the 9th and 10th are more difficult then 1 thru 7 seems to be just be the way they choose to run the event. It seems they make it really easy for 3, easy for 5, moderate for 7, difficult for 9 and "lucky" for 10?

Just some thoughts.

dudeman
06-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I am (and not for the first time) feeling cheated by funzio. I have been trying to get the the highest level item from the crate/briefcase/coffer etc challenges for the past month or so, to no avail. I've come close, 8 a couple times, 9 once or twice. For the past challenge i decided that I was going to really focus and make sure I got that 10 item. I got to 7 artifacts at the very beginning of the second day. Along the way I think I opened 2 or 3 coffers that didn't have artifacts in them, which has been my typical experience. But I was at 7 artifacts with plenty of time left and 9 or so unopened coffers, I thought for sure this would be my week. Over the course of the next few days I played the game vigorously, constantly doing jobs and robbing coffers, adding to my count. And almost without fail would open a coffer (or attempt to) every waking hour. What happened was incredibly frustrating. I didn't keep an exact count, but I opened somewhere between 25-30 coffers in a row, none of which had a single artifact in it. It was a lot of silenced uzis and 6,000 dollar prizes. let me repeat that. 4 days, 25-30 coffers and 0 that's right 0 artifacts.... And I don't want to hear anything about rotten luck. That wasn't luck, that was intentional. It seems to me that the last item is dangled there in an attempt from funzio to get you to buy gold and increase your "chances." I really enjoy the game, and have been playing it for a long time, but it's shady maneuvers like this from funzio that makes me consider just uninstalling it from my phone. Has anyone else had a similar experience or am i alone here?

Get used to that type of stuff happening with the box events. When the lockbox event was run for CCHD I started with 9 diamonds. The event ran for a full 7 days, during which I made well over 100 attempts to open boxes using the cash option. After going nearly the full 7 days and not getting that last diamond, in my frustration I decided to spend gold (for the first time ever) to reset the timer and open another 96 boxes.

No diamond.

Let me rephrase that. I did not get one single diamond during the 7 day period of that event, and I OPENED (not attempts, actual opens) well over 150 lockboxes. 25-30 boxes with no "item" after receiving the 9th is nothing.

You can still be upset, but I am making you aware that many people have had it far worse and these results are not as uncommon as you would like to believe.

Tomatoneverdie
06-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Dudeman, 96 with timer reset + gold open....I feel ur pain....

ruffy
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
welcome to the league...

its a money generation event for funzio... can't help it. they have to eat and grow fat...

i have spent over 3000 gold on 1 event and did not get the end event...

oh well.... its a game after all... there is nothing u can do....

ruffy
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Get used to that type of stuff happening with the box events. When the lockbox event was run for CCHD I started with 9 diamonds. The event ran for a full 7 days, during which I made well over 100 attempts to open boxes using the cash option. After going nearly the full 7 days and not getting that last diamond, in my frustration I decided to spend gold (for the first time ever) to reset the timer and open another 96 boxes.

No diamond.

Let me rephrase that. I did not get one single diamond during the 7 day period of that event, and I OPENED (not attempts, actual opens) well over 150 lockboxes. 25-30 boxes with no "item" after receiving the 9th is nothing.

You can still be upset, but I am making you aware that many people have had it far worse and these results are not as uncommon as you would like to believe.

i feel for u lol... i started the HD event with 7 diamonds, and ended with 7 too... just that i use all in game cash lol...

Daniel2115
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
I know, it's so unfair for funzio to give us free weapons with good stats. How UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Steve0
06-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I have 3 events Items and I sent 15 gold to get the pathmaker, Free Loaded Dice, 120 gold on the Midas Gun In OT. But I have Never Spent RM on this game, and Never will. So I cant complain mutch, it does get upsetting when you spend all week stairing at your screen about everyhour to open a box to say Sorry better luck next time. This last event was very disapointing to only get 8. When I go throug the rivals list I have yet to see some one with this last event Item or even the 9th item. There are alot of people here that spent Lots of money and not get the final item. And others that dont spend money that have Lots of them not naming any names because they are damn luckey.

Dravak
06-10-2012, 09:31 PM
But isn't that what counts the most in life ? it isn't about brains , hard effort and a lot of work only .
It is all about luck :p , everybody wants to be lucky , but in the end if everybody is lucky then nobody is lucky .

So take it easy with 52 weeks in a year , you cannot lose , if so then you are a miracle itself lol

Johnny70
06-10-2012, 09:57 PM

No diamond.

I started the hd event for the sig on nine and free opened the first box and got the sig.. but I spent over four vaults of gold and opened over 200 for the burner and never got it... I got this last one only because of the two day extension or I would have ended on 7 all game money opens now. I refuse to spend a bunch of gold on events now I do a open once in a while if i get four or five sorry in a row.

Bruiser
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
@OP

I do keep track, so I can tell you exactly how it went for me in this last event. I never use gold in events, all attempts were made with the middle option.

It took me 30 attempts to get 8.
It took me another 46 attempts to get the 9th.
I made an additional 12 attempts and did not get the 10th.

Business as usual.

Very similar experience to me this event but the final reward didnt interest me enough to use gold openings at all.

Fast
06-11-2012, 12:30 AM
ur right, why ? because for an event u have only some item for some players, not for all.

they extended 2 day right ? how many have buy Gold and got item 8/8 stat ? lol.. 1st event i use some gold and can't have the 10, staying at 9 and use many gold :) in all game that same they can't give item at all.
2st event and all event i don't use gold and i don't wast my time like before.. i got it ? that cool.. i don't got ? not a problem.. but no gold noway.

Soopajake
06-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Hi Gunn,
We all totally feel your pain and frusteration. We all have gone through the emotional rollercoaster with these lockbox events.
It is perhaps best to enter these events with no expectation of the 10th item, and shoot for getting 9 boxes opened, with the most number of free gold level items.
Although I have come across random players with suspiciously "really good luck" ie nearly every single end item, most people are lucky to have 1 or 2 items.
When loved ones are super annoyed with us being glued to our phones/ipads/androids, we are playing too much CC.
take care