PDA

View Full Version : casualties

paxman99
06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Is the casualty rate random? Sometimes I lose units even when my attack is much greater than the opponents defense. Other then the water temple boosts(and the special event hydra) what else can reduce casualties?

Paxy

Aoxoa
06-10-2012, 01:45 PM
The best way to reduce casualties is to not attack. Otherwise, what you said is it.

Freekizh
06-10-2012, 01:45 PM
The best way to reduce casualties is to not attack. Otherwise, what you said is it.

That's is an awesome logical statement.

Njwmrb
06-10-2012, 01:47 PM
The 2 biggest factors in unit casualty is your number of allies and the percent score difference between your attack and the other persons defense (if you are the one attacking).

Hapl0
06-10-2012, 01:56 PM
If you got a pure gem army then u have zero casualty, but it's a expensive option and a best option than avoid attacks.

paxman99
06-12-2012, 07:45 PM
so the more allies you have the more casualties?

Aoxoa
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
No. The more of a particular unit you own, the more likely it is that you will lose one or more. You could have 50 or 500 allies, and if you brought only 150 units into battle (and if everything else was equal), you would have an equal chance of losing units.

Locks
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Aoxoa, so if I have 150 of three dif units (total of 450 units, for example), I'm more likely to lose some of them than if I have 50 of 9 dif units (assuming the total att is the same in both cases)?

The_Red
06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Aoxoa, so if I have 150 of three dif units (total of 450 units, for example), I'm more likely to lose some of them than if I have 50 of 9 dif units (assuming the total att is the same in both cases)?

I don't think the "mix" has anything to do with unit losses - it just spreads out the damage to different ones.

Ive got 5** imps and 2** manticores... I lose them about at that ratio. I suspect if the ratio was changed... Id loose them at a different ratio.

IMHO, more of what happens to cause unit loses is the low, very low, medium, high, very high casualty stats of the units themselves.

Locks
06-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Hmmmm, maybe I should buy a bunch of inexpensive, high casualty units to see if they go more frequently, and spare the expensive units?

The_Red
06-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Hmmmm, maybe I should buy a bunch of inexpensive, high casualty units to see if they go more frequently, and spare the expensive units?

I was a huge fan of battling rams when I first started off... I try to keep attack cheap and defense expensive.

Once you saturate with battling rams you have to move up the cost.... I moved to imps/manticores.

Good luck.

Aoxoa
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Another factor is the defense score of your opponent. If it is really close to your own attack, then you are more likely to lose more units. I guess a good analogy is if I brought my army to fight 1 guy versus fighting 100 guys, you would imagine that I would have more loses to the 100 guys.

All in all, I've noticed that casualties are far too complex to just be summarized in an easy sentence. The best thing to do is buy what you can afford to lose and attack when you know you will win. As you get more comfortable with pvp, you will start to find what works for you.