PDA

View Full Version : Random Number Generator Hates Me

pucksinnet
06-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I notice that there are a number of players that have received multiple 10th item "lockbox style" awards.

I have also seen several players like myself who play regularly that have received none.

I know there are a number of players that have gotten these 10th items by spending a ton of RL money and gold (confirmed by posts in the forums). I have also seen some posts from "supposedly free players" that have received nearly every rare item. That just doesn't seem possible.

Since this is supposedly controlled by a random sequence for what you get from each opening attempt, why does it seem like the strong keep getting much stronger and the weak ... well stay weak.

Either people are being untruthful about what they have and/or their methods to get it... or the random number generator just hates certain people....

Discuss...

KemoKidd
06-10-2012, 11:56 AM
I felt that way as well but I believe it is right. Most people (like me) get to 8 in a day- day and a half using only money. It is really hard to get 9 and then 10. This was only my 2nd event and both were the same. I got 8 for the first and was surprised by the 9th on this last one. I was stuck on 9 for the last 3 and a half days without getting to 10. I have read about quite a few people who have used a lot of gold and not get 10. Everyone will agree that you do have to get lucky. Gold means more chances so you pay to better your odds. I am glad I dont use gold because I would be pissed I wasted my money to miss the 10th one.

Eyelusion
06-10-2012, 12:08 PM
The odds definitely increase with more attempt at opening with cash only. I have won 2 of the events with cash only. Keep in mind, as with this last event, I usually attempt to open 130-140 in a 7 day event. Last event I used some gold, but still attempted to open 135 times. That's 135 times in a 168 hour week. Prepare to only sleep, work or be distracted to miss only 33 hourly attempts and your odds definitely increase.

If you're already attempting 130+, then I'll admit you have bad luck. It's not bad luck though to complain about not winning at an event with your 40th attempt on cash only. It's extremely rare to win with a ridiculously low number of attempts.

jmeijer
06-11-2012, 02:35 AM
It's completely based on luck. I got 3 of the last 4 grand prizes without using gold, and I didn't even set alarms for when I'm asleep. I am happy with the outcome of course, but I hate the fact that some people with less luck quit the game.

pucksinnet
06-12-2012, 12:03 AM
The odds definitely increase with more attempt at opening with cash only. I have won 2 of the events with cash only. Keep in mind, as with this last event, I usually attempt to open 130-140 in a 7 day event. Last event I used some gold, but still attempted to open 135 times. That's 135 times in a 168 hour week. Prepare to only sleep, work or be distracted to miss only 33 hourly attempts and your odds definitely increase.

If you're already attempting 130+, then I'll admit you have bad luck. It's not bad luck though to complain about not winning at an event with your 40th attempt on cash only. It's extremely rare to win with a ridiculously low number of attempts.

Eyelusion.. I definately am not as hard core as you are. There is no way that I could manage quite the number that you are. I do typically average about 75-100 attempts per event, but still tend to fall short every event.

PawnXIIX
06-12-2012, 12:08 AM
That's 135 times in a 168 hour week. Prepare to only sleep, work or be distracted to miss only 33 hourly attempts and your odds definitely increase.

In accordance with my work schedule then that means i'm only sleeping 10 hours over the course of a week.

...I've done less xD