PDA

View Full Version : Why do I keep loosing?

Heiland Lass
06-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm new to this kind of game so can someone explain to me how I can loose an attack on someone if my attack is stronger than their defense, my weapons appear to be similar and I have more allies than my opponent? Tis has happened to me multiple times. Even when my attack is 200+ stronger than their defense I loose. What am I missing or not doing right?

Njwmrb
06-10-2012, 11:17 AM
There is a strong random variable involved with attacking, I lose some battles against opponents with defense 5k less than my attack. When attacking them 15+ times they may win one every now and then. That being said there is the factor of skill points being invested in attack and defense.

The_Red
06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I agree with Njwmrb - I see people with 10k more attack than I have losing now and again when they attack me. Ive seen similar when I attack others - i usually attack with a >5k differential.

Doc Rumpies
06-10-2012, 12:41 PM
As the above posters have already stated, there is a random factor in attacks. Also, skill points play a factor as well. It's always possible the person you are fighting has dumped more points into their defense than you have into attack.

Heiland Lass
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for all the feedback! :-)

Sheree
06-11-2012, 06:31 PM
I think more than skill points, is the hidden defense from upgrading defense buildings and other buildings. If you look at the spread sheet you will see the hidden defense of each upgraded building. Such as I have many upgraded defense buildings that I dont see in other kingdoms, and the magic circles you can't even see what the person has it upgraded to. If you notice when you upgrade a defense building your defense doesn't go up like say when you upgrade a money building you can see your iph go up.

Njwmrb
06-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I think more than skill points, is the hidden defense from upgrading defense buildings and other buildings. If you look at the spread sheet you will see the hidden defense of each upgraded building. Such as I have many upgraded defense buildings that I dont see in other kingdoms, and the magic circles you can't even see what the person has it upgraded to. If you notice when you upgrade a defense building your defense doesn't go up like say when you upgrade a money building you can see your iph go up.

It actually is supposed to raise your total defense.

Freekizh
06-11-2012, 06:50 PM

I'm not sure this is quite right. Defense buildings when constructed do add to your total profile defense. Now when they are upgraded should be the same, except upgrades only have effect when completed. I am a little uncertain on the latter but very sure on the former (construction) as I don't really upgrade defense buildings.

You are correct with the other buildings. Skill points quickly outweighs building defense.

Sheree
06-11-2012, 07:02 PM
well, all I know is that I do upgrade defense buildings, regularly..and I've never seen my defense go up due to it and I keep constant notes. So I just don't know about that. I can only go by what I'm seeing...

Sheree
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Free, have the developers told us this about upgraded defense buildings being built into our public defense score?

Freekizh
06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Free, have the developers told us this about upgraded defense buildings being built into our public defense score?

The upgraded defense is what I am unsure of as I have only done it once for a quest. But it's easy to DIY. E.g., upgrade one of the cheap and quick towers.

I only construct defense buildings when I am bored and never upgrade them if I can help it.

Sheree
06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I have a cannon tower upgrading now, I'll check it in 13 hours when it's done...lol
I write down my end of day a/d each night on notebook on my computer. I actually keep it open all day and anytime I get a new weapon/armor or buy any new units and my score changes I update it. If the defense from the upgraded buildings does go into my attack/defense score it must be piddley because it's never been a noticeble change. Now I'm totally depressed and will have to change my game plan. I've invested so much time into defense buidlings and upgrades..ugh...

Freekizh
06-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I have a cannon tower upgrading now, I'll check it in 13 hours when it's done...lol
I write down my end of day a/d each night on notebook on my computer. I actually keep it open all day and anytime I get a new weapon/armor or buy any new units and my score changes I update it. If the defense from the upgraded buildings does go into my attack/defense score it must be piddley because it's never been a noticeble change. Now I'm totally depressed and will have to change my game plan. I've invested so much time into defense buidlings and upgrades..ugh...

That's awesome. I have HK tracking sheet and doing it regularly is better.

I see defense buildings like an indestructible unit - so in a cost benefit analysis, if you add the cost of land per sqft, plus upgrade time opportunity cost it's not cost effective v buying qualtiy armor which protects all your buildings. It's not a waste but not efficient.

It has high scarecrow factor, and probably does a bit more damage too. I am building all the defense buildings when I have spare cash but I don't priorities it.

Sheree
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Don't laugh, I don't buy armor other than when required to to kill a monster. Otherwise I just farm it. My defense is about average (I'm lvl 66, a/21,246 d/22,406). Might just stay on my path and see where it takes me. If anything I would like to stop leveling up so quickly..

Freekizh
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Don't laugh, I don't buy armor other than when required to to kill a monster. Otherwise I just farm it. My defense is about average (I'm lvl 66, a/21,246 d/22,406). Might just stay on my path and see where it takes me. If anything I would like to stop leveling up so quickly..

If you are leveling slowly that works too. Keep us update on how you go!

Sheree
06-11-2012, 07:52 PM
We are allies freekizh..:)

SirCharles
06-12-2012, 02:41 AM
I'm relatively new and have recently built and upgraded a guard tower. Each time my defense has gone up by 2. Hope that helps.

SickDuck
06-12-2012, 09:17 AM
As the above posters have already stated, there is a random factor in attacks. Also, skill points play a factor as well. It's always possible the person you are fighting has dumped more points into their defense than you have into attack.

Does anyone know how much of an impact the skill points have on attack and defense?

Hapl0
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Nobody know that and it's hard to test because nobody will tell you how must they have in each allocation.

Sheree
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Freekizh, my Cannon Tower finished upgrading this morning, and there was zero change in my public defense score. Soo....don't know where it gets added if not hidden. Perhaps it shows up on an attack or raid results screen. Seems I read here yesterday that someone noticed a difference between a persons a/d on their profile than on attack results screen...thoughts?

Or do you think it's a bug?

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Freekizh, my Cannon Tower finished upgrading this morning, and there was zero change in my public defense score. Soo....don't know where it gets added if not hidden. Perhaps it shows up on an attack or raid results screen. Seems I read here yesterday that someone noticed a difference between a persons a/d on their profile than on attack results screen...thoughts?

Sheree,

That's strange as Sir Charles said his guard tower upgraded fine. I would put in a ticket, as I feel it should be as Charles said.

Sheree
06-12-2012, 02:07 PM
he's talking about the guard towers I think. they go up from 2 to 4 to 6 to 8, with each upgrade. He isn't talking about them adding to defense score thats on the profile page. My defense on the tower went from 22 to 44, but that's not what I'm talking about. Am I confusing everyone? lol

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 02:12 PM
he's talking about the guard towers I think. they go up from 2 to 4 to 6 to 8, with each upgrade. He isn't talking about them adding to defense score thats on the profile page. My defense on the tower went from 22 to 44, but that's not what I'm talking about. Am I confusing everyone? lol

Oh I thought he meant his profile increased by 2. Send in the ticket in anyways and maybe you could get a clarification. I would do it myself but I am on a 40hr upgrade at the moment. It's weird level 1 construction gets baked into the profile score but not upgrades.

Sheree
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
I just sent a note to support, we'll see I guess. If my defense score moved 2 points from a defense upgrade I would die...that's just sick! Early on I gave up on those guard towers. I use them for decoration now...;)

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I just sent a note to support, we'll see I guess. If my defense score moved 2 points from a defense upgrade I would die...that's just sick! Early on I gave up on those guard towers. I use them for decoration now...;)

Yeah. I build and sell my defense all the time when I run out of space, so I know level 1 do impact on defense.

I am a cheap bugger - hate spending 40k on new land :(

Sheree
06-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm almost done building. I'm not building any gem or gold buildings and I'm not building that ugly ass playhouse unless I can expand a field out into no where at some point. I only plan on building another lender and the manors, but the manors are way off for me...no way I can sit on that much unvolted gold without giving myself a panic attack! What the heck is a playhouse anyway?

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm almost done building. I'm not building any gem or gold buildings and I'm not building that ugly ass playhouse unless I can expand a field out into no where at some point. I only plan on building another lender and the manors, but the manors are way off for me...no way I can sit on that much unvolted gold without giving myself a panic attack! What the heck is a playhouse anyway?

Yeah..I'll be nice..it looks like a giant chocolate donut..LOL

Sheree
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
but what is it? there is already a brothel, which was the first direction my mind took when I saw it...

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
but what is it? there is already a brothel, which was the first direction my mind took when I saw it...

I think it's like a theatre for like Shakespearean stuff.

MaverickMunkey
06-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah. I build and sell my defense all the time when I run out of space, so I know level 1 do impact on defense.

I am a cheap bugger - hate spending 40k on new land :(

40k??? - I've just parted with 76k for my last bit of land!!!

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 04:25 PM
40k??? - I've just parted with 76k for my last bit of land!!!

Well...your kingdom is too large :) I got everything I really need ... or I am too cheap :)

The_Red
06-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Well...your kingdom is too large :) I got everything I really need ... or I am too cheap :)

size matters....

MaverickMunkey
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM

I think my base looks pretty - spaced out but ordered!

Hapl0
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Lol, size does matter.

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Lol, size does matter.

The only thing thats important to me is that the size of my base keeps me happy.

The_Red
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
The only thing thats important to me is that the size of my base keeps me happy.

".... as long as I get mine..."

SirCharles
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh I thought he meant his profile increased by 2. Send in the ticket in anyways and maybe you could get a clarification. I would do it myself but I am on a 40hr upgrade at the moment. It's weird level 1 construction gets baked into the profile score but not upgrades.

Should have been more clear my profile defense totals also went up accordingly.

Freekizh
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Should have been more clear my profile defense totals also went up accordingly.

Thanks for posting Charles..that's what I thought.

Sheree
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Mine did not. I won't get into great detail about my defense upgrades with all you rivals out there but I've done a ton of them. Still haven't heard back from support. Charles, when you say accordingly, what do you mean? You would get more than a two point bump by just picking up some armor from a drop... these are 14,000 upgrades taking nearly 24 hours, I should notice a bump in defence. I'll stop whining about this now and just let you guys know what support tells me. :)

SirCharles
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Mine did not. I won't get into great detail about my defense upgrades with all you rivals out there but I've done a ton of them. Still haven't heard back from support. Charles, when you say accordingly, what do you mean? You would get more than a two point bump by just picking up some armor from a drop... these are 14,000 upgrades taking nearly 24 hours, I should notice a bump in defence. I'll stop whining about this now and just let you guys know what support tells me. :)

By accordingly I mean that my guard tower went from 2-4 and my profile defense score followed suit increasing by 2 points.

custos
06-13-2012, 11:05 PM

I'm not sure if upgrading a defence building increases your public defence stats or not. But each defence building has a "range" associated with it right? Presumably buildings within this range get a bump in their intrinsic defence against raids, otherwise what's the point of the range? I might just be reading too much into random variation but I think when I raid rival's buildings I seem to lose more units when they building is surrounded by defence buildings. I've built and upgraded my defence buildings and clustered them around the money buildings I think are worth defending, like silos.

RandomUser
06-13-2012, 11:16 PM
I might just be reading too much into random variation but I think when I raid rival's buildings I seem to lose more units when they building is surrounded by defence buildings. I've built and upgraded my defence buildings and clustered them around the money buildings I think are worth defending, like silos.

I've noticed this, too. Raiding near (and especially on) defensive buildings increases my casualty rate considerably.

MyMisery
06-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Just curios as it seems when I look at other player I seem
To be attacking much much More then anyone. Does anyone attack as
Much as I do?

Lvl 41 1357 attack wins 174 loss
101 raids 8 losses
7751 attack points 9572 defense
615 units armor and weapons

I know some players have better stats for attack defense but I have not spent one cent
On this game and considering how many attacks I have done I think I've lost close to 2000+
Units.

Is anyone else near these numbers of attacks

566-525-334

Hapl0
06-18-2012, 07:29 PM
One of my allies are there, 2096 wins and 118 losses, she is lvl65. And another lvl42 2128 wins and 4 losses.

custos
06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Just curios as it seems when I look at other player I seem
To be attacking much much More then anyone. Does anyone attack as
Much as I do?

Lvl 41 1357 attack wins 174 loss
101 raids 8 losses
7751 attack points 9572 defense
615 units armor and weapons

I know some players have better stats for attack defense but I have not spent one cent
On this game and considering how many attacks I have done I think I've lost close to 2000+
Units.

Is anyone else near these numbers of attacks

566-525-334

I too am level 41

W: 607 L: 474 (all the losses were in the newbie early days before I knew how to play. none recently)
Raids: 1784, raids failed 159 (again, newbie raids for the fails, none lost from about level 20)
Attack: 10318, Defence: 12949 (that's why I don't lose much any more at this level)
205 alliance, 615 weapons and armour

I too have not spent one cent on in-game purchases, so overall we're pretty similar. But as you can see, where you concentrate on attacks I spend my stamina on raids. Attacks sometimes give you bonus units whereas raids obviously give you gold (that you can spend on units). Both give you honour. It's just personal preference. I tend to raid high value targets like silos, leveled up leatherworks and stables, lenders, playhouses etc. and spend the profit on good units. If you pick your target to have stats well below your own you often don't lose a unit at all (I also have my water temple up to level 3, which helps). For example, at 7751/9572 I'd probably leave you alone. Even though my attack is higher than your defence I would still possibly lose a couple of units during a raid so it might not be worth it... unless you happened to have a nice, juicy uncollected level 8 silo or something :)

Also, lots of attacks mean you complete the tournament quests, which come with a fair bit of XP -- which might make you level up a bit faster than you would prefer. Raids don't do this.

See you on the field.