PDA

View Full Version : IPH stat vs effective IPH

Pace
06-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Mt theory is that the income event was based on your actual income collected per hour from buildings, which I call effective IPH. This would explain why someone with a low IPH stat may have won, but someone with a much higher one did not. The higher iph stat did not log on and collect enough, either because they did not have time, or they had too much inflation in their stat, and thus couldn't be as efficient as the iph stat sometimes leads people to believe (we all know you can't collect 288 or so supply depot collections every day, like the stat assumes.

This is also means a cutoff wouldn't do much good. The devs might say 200k hour was the cutoff to win, and then everyone will say, "my stat is 205k/hr!"; yeah, but did you collect all 205k? Did you sleep and miss some collections?

stricker
06-10-2012, 10:26 AM
theories... theories... theories... blah, blah, blah!!!
edit: ...no offence intended to you pace. ...just redirecting this to devs. ;p

FUNZIO needs to be explicitly specific about how iph is determined for the event... with clarity!!!

cc Mark, thanks for the apology, but by still leaving all of this questionable makes if extremely difficult to accept an apology... i've been an advocate of patience and forbearance with funzio on this and many more matters but my ice is getting rather thin...

Pace
06-10-2012, 10:38 AM
My theory is backed by evidence. It explains why a few low iph stat people won - they must have gathered all the time. It's better than say the theory that those low iph stat people won by mistake. It also fits the event desk better than raiding...

Ramshutu
06-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure what you guys want.

The tournament said 'biggest hourly income' which in my view was self explanatory. Mark has confirmed it was pure IPH only. It did not say 'Robs' or 'money collected' or 'tuxedo'ed monkeys placed in battle tanks and sent off to war for bacon.''

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Enjoy Life does not have his. Until he has his, until there is a leaderboard, until there are two cutoff numbers, until CC Mark explicitly states exactly what the rules were, there will be a million posts regarding this event.

Might be right Ramshutu, but it did not explicitly state "IPH statistic from buildings ONLY." It did not state whether the stat was what mattered, or what was collected is what matters. A few simple sentences would clear everything up.

Art of War
06-10-2012, 11:12 AM

The tournament said 'biggest hourly income' which in my view was self explanatory. Mark has confirmed it was pure IPH only. It did not say 'Robs' or 'money collected' or 'tuxedo'ed monkeys placed in battle tanks and sent off to war for bacon.''

Ramshutu

I think the guys are just trying to figure out why a number of players with very large IPHs are reporting they have no unit, while other players with lower IPHs are saying that they have.

I agree with you and interpreted the (biggest hourly income) statement the same way. It was the logical choice. ;)

Pace
06-10-2012, 11:18 AM

I agree with you. Income from buildings only. But you don't get credit unless you collect it. The person with huge income who never logs on and collects will notwin.

EnjoyLife
06-10-2012, 11:19 AM
I collected over 10 million a day during the event. I doubt the lower incomes that did receive the prize did that...

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree with you. Income from buildings only. But you don't get credit unless you collect it. The person with huge income who never logs on and collects will notwin.

Enjoy Life, who has the biggest income I know of, has stated he collects regularly. Something is clearly going on, either they have not finished, or they have screwed up. Would be nice to know either way.

And there you have it, thanks for posting EL.

Mackdaddy
06-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I had 555k at the end of the event and collected at a very regular pace. I'm talking level 2 nanos, level 4 oil rigs, etc.. I do not believe that a player with 170k could collect more $ off their buildings in 3 days.

Pace
06-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Well - you guys with high iph who collected regularly, i don't know what to say except that sucks. But I dont believe the whole event is as simple as the stat....it's got to be how much you collect. That's my point. So all people asking for cutoffs - it's not that simple.

Mackdaddy
06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
To the player under 100 that got it. Sincerely congratulations. At least someone under level 100 got it.

Mackdaddy
06-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry to keep crying about it. As I said before it would have been a lot more reasonable if they just shut down the whole tournament said sorry we messed up and did not give the unit out to anybody. Guess I'm just a ticked off customer.

Pace
06-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry to keep crying about it. As I said before it would have been a lot more reasonable if they just shut down the whole tournament said sorry we messed up and did not give the unit out to anybody. Guess I'm just a ticked off customer.

I agree with you

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Well - you guys with high iph who collected regularly, i don't know what to say except that sucks. But I dont believe the whole event is as simple as the stat....it's got to be how much you collect. That's my point. So all people asking for cutoffs - it's not that simple.

We did a check at the end of the event to find the top players in their level brackets based on hourly income. If your building was level 8 and you were upgrading it to 9, it would count as 8 until the upgrade completed.

This to me implies it is the statistic that matters. He is saying the IPH number is counted here, not the collection.

Poopenshire
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Guys we simply do not know yet. we have only seen 2 people below level 100 for sure. I checked alot of my allies including War Priest who is know for high income and frequent collection, and he doesn't have it yet either. I do not believe its out yet for too many people under 100. The PVP event was for only 500 people total and took a while to get units out. This is twice that number. Give it time!

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Wise words, Poopenshire.

Is it me, or does saying that aloud just sound hilarious?

Poopenshire
06-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Wise words, Poopenshire.

It's second to some wonderful FNG guide that this wonderful person put together but no one reads.

Warfiend
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
'tuxedo'ed monkeys placed in battle tanks and sent off to war for bacon.''

Funzio should use that for an event.

stricker
06-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Wise words, Poopenshire.

anti-redundant!!! lol