PDA

View Full Version : What is this talk about end game?

Coog
06-10-2012, 06:32 AM
In just about every thread that revolves around strategy the "End Game" is mentioned. What I wonder is; is there an actual end game, where you can't level up any more or do you by "End Game" mean planning for the long run? I'm new to Funzios game so this is an honest question. Formerly I was heavily addicted to Mafia Wars and was about level 3000 before I quit that. That game just rolled on and any mistakes you did in skill point placement cold be corrected in due time.

But if this game stops at level 200, I got some more careful planning to do.

Euchred
06-10-2012, 06:34 AM
End game for levels is 200. When people look at end game units they're planning on how to get there by taking the most direct route. It's all about minimizing waste.

emcee
06-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I have been playing Storm8 games for about 3 years now. Funzio creators came from there.
In those games if you don't allocate your skill points properly you are toast come high levels.
I've played those games with a carefree approach and leveled quickly, etc. What's a better feature with that game developer is you can easily reset accounts and start over. So for me hardcore camping was something I picked up years ago there and adopted playing Funzio games.
I would bet the metrics and/or algorithms regarding attack/defense multipliers in Storm8 games is very similar to Funzio's.
Those who may think my approach for 0 hero attack skills allocation is extreme, I've got to hand it to Storm8 and their forums for giving me some helpful advice.

Freekizh
06-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I have been playing Storm8 games for about 3 years now. Funzio creators came from there.
In those games if you don't allocate your skill points properly you are toast come high levels.
I've played those games with a carefree approach and leveled quickly, etc. What's a better feature with that game developer is you can easily reset accounts and start over. So for me hardcore camping was something I picked up years ago there and adopted playing Funzio games.
I would bet the metrics and/or algorithms regarding attack/defense multipliers in Storm8 games is very similar to Funzio's.
Those who may think my approach for 0 hero attack skills allocation is extreme, I've got to hand it to Storm8 and their forums for giving me some helpful advice.

Every game is balanced differently, and in KA you are wrong. You haven't done any KA specific calculations and you are just relying on non KA experience which is a mistake for those who don't value time. There is no way you are going to toast me pal becos I put non zero hero points.

Coog
06-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Holy hand grenade, there actually is only 200 levels? Hmmm, maybe I'm a bit over the top with Hero points then. Any chance that they will add levels as more players advance? As they did at level 50 and 75? Can't see the reason to have a level cap in this kind of game.

Euchred
06-10-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't see them adding levels past 200. The cap in there other 2 iOS games are 200 as well. I've been playing crime city for 10 months and I'm only level 192.

The_Red
06-10-2012, 07:44 AM
at some point - everyone (free player) is going to have the same units... same max allies count... same 10x all buildings... same same same... seems like the endgame will be sort of boring and gem filled.

Coog
06-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I see, that is actually quite a bit of vital information when planning your strategy. Maybe it's my own fault, assuming that the levels was infinite, but it could have been stated (in the game) that the levels is capped at 200. But even if there's no more levels, can we still anticipate new maps and loot, or is this a case of what you see is what you get. Because if is so, I'll better get that top hero weapon sooner rather than later...

Freekizh
06-10-2012, 07:55 AM
at some point - everyone (free player) is going to have the same units... same max allies count... same 10x all buildings... same same same... seems like the endgame will be sort of boring and gem filled.

Don't worry pal, you'll have a lot of fun before that happens.

Dewsy
06-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I see, that is actually quite a bit of vital information when planning your strategy. Maybe it's my own fault, assuming that the levels was infinite, but it could have been stated (in the game) that the levels is capped at 200. But even if there's no more levels, can we still anticipate new maps and loot, or is this a case of what you see is what you get. Because if is so, I'll better get that top hero weapon sooner rather than later...

In the other games there have been new maps/loot added, so I presume KA will be the same.

Joshlmccoy
06-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes, eventually this game might get very boring. But, as Euchred said, he's been playing Crime Cuty for 10 months and hasn't reached the level cap. What will most likely happen is before most people even come close to the level cap in KA, Funzio will come out with a brand new game to keep its customers satisfied and to keep them spending their money.

The_Red
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Don't worry pal, you'll have a lot of fun before that happens.

exactly - I think I'll bore prior to level 200.

Freekizh
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
exactly - I think I'll bore prior to level 200.

Right - and this is why Gree has to focus on in game design aspects that retain people for reasons other than events and leveling up. Like social and chat features.