PDA

View Full Version : How do you get clan members?

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Let us know how you find people to add to your clan (mafia, alliance, etc)! If you see something that isn't included here, add it in the comments. This is to help us figure out what we can do to make the user experience better.

Warfiend
06-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Before the events started, I was going by comment walls. I put my code up on my own and got invites and I'd read the walls of interesting/potential threat players for their codes and invite them. I've stopped doing that as the events give me more allies than I'm looking for.

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Forums, rivals wall.

Bronson
06-10-2012, 01:32 AM
I leave my ID in my sig and if I want a quick boost then I'll post on the add me thread.

I have never put my code on my wall but if I see a big gold player I would add mine to their wall

hb bombers
06-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Forum and I'll try to add anyone that is close to my numbers by send then an invite.

Jhoemel
06-10-2012, 01:43 AM
At first when i didnt know about the forums, i only get allies through comment walls but when i became a forum member i get my allies here

What?
06-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I used to get them off wall posts, but recently clan members have come to me either from my wall post with my code or the forums. So I guess I don't find clan members now, they find me.

Aidan
06-10-2012, 02:04 AM
I put my # on my wall. I tell people not to leave theirs but to add me instead.
However, If i need them fast, i buy vip.

LeBarticus
06-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Wall posts and forum. In the beginning I would look at rivals or allies wall and copy down the numbers and add them. Now I just have my number posted on my wall and others and I get a steady amount of requests.

Mcdoc
06-10-2012, 04:12 AM
I look for people who have posted their number on the walls of Rivals that attack me or that I attack. I figure that if someone is a Rival of my Rival - they are close enough to my level to some day soon be MY Rival so I am proactive to add them before they find me :)

C0720
06-10-2012, 05:22 AM
I would read reviews on iTunes and get the codes for other people

Maverick50727
06-10-2012, 07:00 AM
I think your poll should read other/multiple methods.

FYI, I have changed my ally counts massively in the past. I have been higher than 600 and as low as 50 since L60. I tested ally counts affects on grouping and loses. But you devs always so fit to change the rules so all my results mean nothing these days. LOL. As a result to accomodate swings I have used them all:

-I added from other other peoples walls early on, helped minimize potential threats until I could take them on later. An ally can be removed
-I posted my ID on my wall when I needed a quick bump
-I never paid to "get VIP status", but I did do there to pickup a few allies who used it. I see that pay feature to be pretty useless IMO as you can get loads for free
-My ID is in my forum signature like many seniors, so many see my posts and like my comments. I get many PMs as such to add me. I'll always bump off another ally for a forum member instead if I have room.
-www.modernwarcodes.com (fantsite/other) This was a great sites to get codes to add, you can alos post yours and you will get tons of requests.

I always have over 50 pending requests these days

Arj
06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Another point is that it really doesnt matter who your allies are......they all give you the same thing in game with a few minor exceptions(such as having allys on your on rivals list).

My point is that it doesnt matter whos on your list, but if a simple change as ingame chat to your allys was added, then who you have on your list may change along with

who you invite...where you find them.....besides i cant understand how you can have a ally and not a additional method of contact compared to a person on your rivals list...

I get this isnt a big deal for most of us on the forums....but think about the 99% of people who dont use the forums..

Using the comment wall to communicate is so laboring......puts most poeple off.

marebear
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Before I found this forum I got my ally codes from iPad forum threads and also people list their codes on the comments for the app.

Automaine
06-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Can I ask a question Crime City Mark? What does this have to do with anything? I found that where my allies come from is not a issue. Sorry if I come off like a jerk but I'm a thought full player.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Can I ask a question Crime City Mark? What does this have to do with anything? I found that where my allies come from is not a issue. Sorry if I come off like a jerk but I'm a thought full player.

One of our departments wants the information to explore better user experience options. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in my post.

Automaine
06-10-2012, 09:01 AM
One of our departments wants the information to explore better user experience options. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that in my post.

Ok Crime City Mark that is all good but wouldn't a daily bouns be a better user experience for people that play everyday that is just my thoughts. Please don't take anything personal.

manbeast
06-10-2012, 10:37 AM
i got all my allies from facebook groups.

then i joined the forum, put my code in the sig and i get like 20 requests a day now

spectra
06-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I post my ID on my wall
input IDs from forum or other places (send invitations)
ID in my forum sig
placed my ID on some rival's wall

spectra
06-10-2012, 01:26 PM

That is great news mark
r u guys working on making " search" possible on the allies list, I have over 2,700 allies and it takes forever to search for them
Also on KA, can you allow us to see all our allies, even though we can not use them in battle, we would like to visit their kingdoms

Doc Rumpies
06-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I voted the VIP system but as mentioned, they really come from multiple sources. I put my id on my wall and delete all other comments. When that doesn't give me enough allies (it usually doesn't), I will use VIP, not spending gold myself, but rather adding others who do.

Ramshutu
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Let us know how you find people to add to your clan (mafia, alliance, etc)! If you see something that isn't included here, add it in the comments. This is to help us figure out what we can do to make the user experience better.

In terms of the social aspect of the game, I think there is something lacking that won't easily be solved simply by enhancing already existing features.

What I think would light up the social aspects would be as follows:

- "official" clans. Over and above allies, a collection of players organised into a single group.
- "in game chat" both public and clan chat.
- far better management of ally list for searching and picking out people. Taking 3 minutes panning through your list to find a friend reduces people's desire to chat using the wall.

Without these, it's pretty hard to be social in this game.

WinkadInk
06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
People add me because they are afraid at my stats, lol

Dr Glickenstein lvl 23
4.5k/4.9k stats
186k/iph

Mackdaddy
06-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Comment walls from allies and foes. I did a lot of cut and paste at the start.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I find mine from within the game itself. Some are guys I battled with, some are guys who just drop by with a few words from time to time. Some were recipients of my attention for a period of time. Some arn't part of my team, but are ood friends from discussions we have had over time. They all come from the game itself.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Ram, like your ideas. Agreed if they want a more social experience these would be great additions, and ones I would welcome. I had read somewhere that they did not feel all devices could support a chat feature. My feeling is then offer it on the ones that can. Do t hold back development because someone is on an iPhone 3GS. Maybe that guy can't afford to upgrade, but he can still play the game, without a few added features. Explain this to begin with. Maybe even let us vote on it. If most would not want it becaus some could not have it, then I bow to the majority.

Tctiger
06-12-2012, 09:02 AM
How do we get results of last tournament?

MWnewGuy
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Better user experience eh... how about trading between alliance members? A got a couple hundred extra Tree Snipers to unload.