PDA

View Full Version : How do you get clan members?

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Let us know how you find people to add to your clan (mafia, alliance, etc)! If you see something that isn't included here, add it in the comments. This is to help us figure out what we can do to make the user experience better.

doinkent
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
while youre here, any idea when we'll see the scratchers? if at all?

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Please don't go off-topic.

doinkent
06-10-2012, 01:01 AM
just an interested customer

Olly1
06-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Comment walls every time. I think I've looked at the VIP in game page twice since I started, both times there was nothing there!

skorpio696
06-10-2012, 01:42 AM
CCM how about The Enemy of My Enemy :)

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 01:44 AM
CCM how about The Enemy of My Enemy :)

Isn't that still comment walls?

skorpio696
06-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Isn't that still comment walls?
LoL yes your right CCM but it's always an effective way to get mob members with a common cause Cheers :) Comment Walls gets the Vote Ps: mob broadcasts would be a nice feature

Behzat
06-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Forums,Vip,real friends and walls which is the only way to communicate.Also fansites on internet.i hope you dont ask this to change something about the system of the game.Because we would appreciate your efforts on serious problems like cheaters or other things not on the things which are working good like adding allies.We dont have any problem on that.im glad about Funzio especially after the last big earners event they disqualified cheaters and controlled everyone seriously which is a great job pls do not make anything wrong or dont change anything which is working good.

Spartacus
06-10-2012, 04:18 AM
www.crimecitymafiacodes.com

I add my code to that list and usually get up to 50 requests before my code is pushed off the list.

Swingle007
06-10-2012, 04:55 AM
I use gold to add people quickly. I think last time I did it I added 100 people for the little bit of gold it takes to become a VIP for a short time.Nothing better than closing your app and coming back in and finding 86 friend requests. Accept them all at once and watch your attack and defense stats go through the roof ( provided you have weapons to outfit them of course.). :-)

jmeijer
06-10-2012, 04:57 AM
I use gold to add people quickly. I think last time I did it I added 100 people for the little bit of gold it takes to become a VIP for a short time.Nothing better than closing your app and coming back in and finding 86 friend requests. Accept them all at once and watch your attack and defense stats go through the roof ( provided you have weapons to outfit them of course.). :-)This is a waste of your gold. Just use the 'invite mafia' subforum, I have 115 pending friend requests without using any gold.

Swingle007
06-10-2012, 05:48 AM
This is a waste of your gold. Just use the 'invite mafia' subforum, I have 115 pending friend requests without using any gold.

I see your point, but sometimes for fun i drop my crew down in order to enter the hood of high level players (150+) with like 40 or 50 mafia who are doing so to avoid attack and gain the ability not be forced to bank their money and pay a 10% fee. I usually find a ton of uncollected high level buildings and unbanked cash waiting for me from a person so powerful at their mafia level that they feel safe and think nobody can touch them. If you can instantly mob up from 50 mafia to say 200 and exceed what they thought was an impenetrable defense at their level, then you can rob them blind. I took nearly 3 million dollars off a person the other day for what amounted to like a dollar fifty in real money to get the job done. I thought it was money well spent as I wanted to teach the person a lesson. If I'd waited days for others to accept invitations I would have never been able to quadruple my army while still sitting in their hood watching a bunch of lvl 10 buildings and then be able to pounce on them when I wanted to. Tricks of the trade my friend. ;-)

Dipstik
06-10-2012, 06:03 AM
So you turned your gold into cash... Sorta like a reverse alchemy.

I post my code here. Honestly I find the whole mafia size thing the most tedious aspect of this game. Finding mafia is laughably easy, and the fact that you can hide from strong players by keeping a SMALLER mafia is counterintuitive.

(Insert 499 drama here)

Fact is, the "mafia" concept actually detracts from the game in several ways, and I can't think of any way it improves the game. There's nothing social about it.

Gaming Will
06-10-2012, 06:17 AM
As a new player, the walls of rivals. As an experienced player, the forum add me's.

jobadass
06-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally on iTunes app review. I posted my code and wrote down others. Very easy.
Now only through in-game or forum messaging. Usually either going tit-for-tat with someone...we kiss and make up, or from running across another forum member.

jobadass
06-10-2012, 07:08 AM
So you turned your gold into cash... Sorta like a reverse alchemy.

I post my code here. Honestly I find the whole mafia size thing the most tedious aspect of this game. Finding mafia is laughably easy, and the fact that you can hide from strong players by keeping a SMALLER mafia is counterintuitive.

(Insert 499 drama here)

Fact is, the "mafia" concept actually detracts from the game in several ways, and I can't think of any way it improves the game. There's nothing social about it.I agree with part one, but disagree with part two.
I often visit or am visited by people in my mafia and say hi or exchange info. Definately has a social aspect. You're just unsociable, Dippy :)

Dipstik
06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm more social with the people I fight with. Finding people in my mob list is even more tedious than finding them in the rival list.

jobadass
06-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm more social with the people I fight with. Finding people in my mob list is even more tedious than finding them in the rival list.
We've derailed a sticky so I will only make one more post.
@CC Mark and Dipstik: I think Dipstik has a valid point in that a configurable Mob list would be great. It can be cumbersome to find a 'friend'. Even if the last person you visited would be moved to the top would help. Eventually those you never visit would be pushed to the bottom.

Dipstik
06-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Errrr yeah. That IS a good point! See guys, I told you i wasn't just trollin'.

dudeman
06-10-2012, 10:05 AM
When I first started playing I would post my code on any random player's comments page. I eventually realized that some people find that annoying so I stopped doing that. I also posted my code in the "invite mafia" sub forum.

I haven't posted my code anywhere for months and I still get requests. The only time I post my code now is when someone asks me for it, which happens through the in game comments page 99% of the time and through the forum the rest of the time.

Plux
06-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm bringing new players to the forum by posting the Forum website address here on their in-game walls, with their permission I might add. Using Duder at low levels as a means to message players and add them creating a cascade effect through the lower levels. I think new players are already making themselves known here already so it's working. I'm also explaining how to use reply next to a message to allow questions and answers in-game to me and others when they look at the forum. It's up to you all in the forum to be helpful as you and I were in the dark at the start!

Dr BoneCrusher
06-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I looked at vip's to start then learned how to copy and past on walls after that I found the forum no looking back now

Ldoubleeasy
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I've never bothered adding people & just collected a mafia from in game tasks but having found the forum I think I'll start using it n see how much it helps my stats...

cookie monster
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
I generally don't add people. Not looking to socialize. Plus, it's a lot more satisfying to beat up someone with 120 mafia members when I have 67 than if I had 100.

Lionheart3239
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
CCM

There is one method not mentioned. On the android there is an app called Crime City Grow. This app lets you add your ID number so that others could add you. It also provides you with a list of Mafia member's numbers.

Robin Hood
06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
I crush rivals until they are subdued into sending me a mafia request.

sexkitteh
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
www.crimecitymafiacodes.com

I add my code to that list and usually get up to 50 requests before my code is pushed off the list.

Someone actually paid 65bucks to have their code added o_0

That.Is. Hilarious.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I meet other members at the rallies wish we could get new outfits these sheets are HOT....

and don't get me started on the White after Labor Day issue!