PDA

View Full Version : Post Ideas

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
What kind of indirect updates would you like to see from GREE? I'm talking things like blogs, player interviews, AMAs, Day-in-the-life posts, company event journals, etc. Stuff not directly related to the products, but giving you a better idea of the people behind the games.

Hank
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
AMA's hands down. Also, i just sent you a PM.

Fast
06-10-2012, 01:23 AM
a thing important : a icon and a stockage for HOLD building, maybe max 5 so u can arrange ur Hood simple..

not hard, to put 5 cases and a button arrange ;)

mnju_03
06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
What kind of indirect updates would you like to see from GREE? I'm talking things like blogs, player interviews, AMAs, Day-in-the-life posts, company event journals, etc. Stuff not directly related to the products, but giving you a better idea of the people behind the games.

That all seems really cool and fun...cycle through each to find a few permanent ones?

G Wiz
06-10-2012, 01:41 AM
AMA's and blogs definately!!

Good stuff Mark

tony187
06-10-2012, 01:47 AM
need different style of events

PawnXIIX
06-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I wanna see a blog where all the workers can post :)

Maybe we can see some of the ideas rattling around in their heads and maybe get a better idea of how people at the company are looking at the future of the game.

SevenO9
06-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Stuff not directly related to the products ...

a thing important : a icon and a stockage for HOLD building, maybe max 5 so u can arrange ur Hood simple..

need different style of events

C'mon guys, you can do better ...

Feng1234
06-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Interviews and photos!

koralene
06-10-2012, 04:03 AM
A blog would be great to see but they all sound fun :)

Ramshutu
06-10-2012, 04:43 AM
AMA would be good.

What would also be interesting, is a behind the scenes interviews, or diary of how support fixes issues, or how developers carry out their implementation.

The reason I say this, is as a developer I know how difficult or complex some things can be, even when they seem simple. Without any major details, having some sort of description of what it is you have to do to fix an issue would be useful to allow us, as customers, to appreciate what it is you guys have to do (and thus give us less reason to moan).

For example, if you had a diary of one of your support guys investigating a cheat (who was found to be a cheat) and one who was reported, but wasn't; with no names or proprietary details would be useful and give us more of an idea of why some things seem to take some time.

Not meaning any offence, and this could just be me expecting too much, but Funzio interactions can sometimes seem like a bit of a black box, with the occasional glimmer of what's going on occasionally.

Dr BoneCrusher
06-10-2012, 05:29 AM
How about a way to bring some humor to the forum? Like a bloopers section or a kitschy biography of some in game characters. I guess what I would like is to come to the forum learn and have some fun.

Luciferianism
06-10-2012, 05:45 AM
I'd like to see pictures of the developer's offices, even if they are completely normal it would be funny in how boring it was.

Max Power
06-10-2012, 06:02 AM

Step 1: Show up every once in a while
Step 2: Keep showing up every once in a while.

It looks bad with sporadic involvement with your best customers. There will be a come to Jesus level of involvement, then radio silence for weeks on end.

As they say with any form of social media, and forums are the first form of social media, is that you cant half-ass it. Commit to it, and stick with it.

Anything above that is sprinkles on the cupcake.

Gaming Will
06-10-2012, 06:22 AM
AMA every so often. Blogs would be nice. Communication about the events. Oh and would you bring back name that limited edition item?

Max Power
06-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Noob questions: What is AMA?

Dr BoneCrusher
06-10-2012, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=Max Power;269992]Noob questions: What is AMA?[/QUOT

Good question, I even tried to look it up in an acronym guide

fuzzy
06-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Noob questions: What is AMA?

Ask Mark Anything

He was on 1 Friday night (guess he had no date) and we could ask him anything. Lasted for hour or 2.

Rhino72
06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Sorry but it would be much better if we can see more into the company with a focus directly on each game. I would love to get to know about the people directly behind this game and what they have envisioned for now and the future in this game. If gree was able to give us insight into development thoughts and ideas about each game I am sure it would continue to give people hope on the long term viability of this game (which equals more sustained revenues from a larger happier customer base.)

emcee
06-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Just have a blog about cheaters. Post them. Public shaming would be fantastic.
Can we throw stones at them too :)

Better yet. Can you put a large white sandwich board sign on their avatar that says 'cheater'. Would love to see that paraded around their hood.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:22 AM
For example, if you had a diary of one of your support guys investigating a cheat (who was found to be a cheat) and one who was reported, but wasn't; with no names or proprietary details would be useful and give us more of an idea of why some things seem to take some time.

I'm pretty sure that would be boring.

"Player A reports player B as a cheat. Looked up player B in the admin tool and they were a $10k spender with no suspicious or illicit activity. Case closed."

That's about 90% of the cheat reports we get.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Just have a blog about cheaters. Post them. Public shaming would be fantastic.
Can we throw stones at them too :)

Better yet. Can you put a large white sandwich board sign on their avatar that says 'cheater'. Would love to see that paraded around their hood.

Never going to happen.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Ask Mark Anything

He was on 1 Friday night (guess he had no date) and we could ask him anything. Lasted for hour or 2.

It went on for two days.

I could have had a date if I wanted. :(

cookie monster
06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Mark, I know the free gold promos are done by a 3rd Party company, but when the links don't work it does reflect poorly on Funzio.

And when client services doesn't respond it reflects even more poorly upon the company.

If you want my opinion as to how to improve the company work on those two areas.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Cookie, please don't go off-topic. If you want to provide off-topic feedback, please create a new thread.

Babytway
06-10-2012, 12:52 PM
im just glad you are posting again, thats all i want to see you, lfizzle and others devs, community managers around again giving out info as you can.

G Wiz
06-10-2012, 02:18 PM
im just glad you are posting again, thats all i want to see you, lfizzle and others devs, community managers around again giving out info as you can.Agreed, just stay involved

hinofwars
06-10-2012, 03:04 PM
What about a blog that gives us update on the things (events, new feature, problems arised when implementing new ideas, etc) everyday?

And also can we have a suggestions section in the forum so that we can contribute ideas that may help to improve the game because I really want to help to make cc better and help it to run forever.

Dravak
06-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I really would like a post of so many cheaters removed , or extracted to the test servers , they wouldn't know the difference , gives the funzio a crew what is realistic or what isn't .

no names or anything mention , just that you are really working on removing cheaters from production .
Especially in a game like CC .

TRAZ
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
How about a blog post on GREE's business model and how the customer fits in?

erik
06-10-2012, 06:05 PM
AMAs and blog would be great. Mark, is there a good way to now share thoughts for in-game ideas as we did with lfizzles old friday meetings.

cookie monster
06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Cookie, please don't go off-topic. If you want to provide off-topic feedback, please create a new thread.

Okay. I thought this was a general thread for ideas on how to improve gameplay.

My mistake. As far as blogs, interviews, etc. I really don't care either way.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 07:22 PM
AMAs and blog would be great. Mark, is there a good way to now share thoughts for in-game ideas as we did with lfizzles old friday meetings.

I'll work on setting something up.

Feng1234
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Perhaps a prize could be player trips. They gets fly to your HQ and do a visit and become the games champion lol.

I still want some photos of your Hq or workplaces. I think that will personalise the game for a lot of us.

ruffy
06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Perhaps a prize could be player trips. They gets fly to your HQ and do a visit and become the games champion lol.

I still want some photos of your Hq or workplaces. I think that will personalise the game for a lot of us.

lol u think that will happen? even if its likely, its gonna take a competition where the highest gold buyers have to fight it out to stand a chance...