PDA

View Full Version : Post Ideas

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:41 AM
What kind of indirect updates would you like to see from GREE? I'm talking things like blogs, player interviews, AMAs, Day-in-the-life posts, company event journals, etc. Stuff not directly related to the products, but giving you a better idea of the people behind the games.

GhostShot
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
a blog with 1~2 updates a day would be nice. i think lack of communication in regards to events, updates and what's going on in development stirs up the forumites in a bad way, and a blog would mitigate much of the tension and clear up confusion.

i mean, last pvp event was so vague in its rules and lack of a leaderboard it lead to speculations and what seemed like widespread dissatisfaction. when the pvp ranking system came out or when we were wondering when the prize for the first pvp event was to come, that created a lot of tension and confusion due to lack of communications.

feedback to player commentary would be nice to see in the blog.

Bronson
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Instead of getting people to write up bios or blogs they should just come on the forum for an hour and get chatting to us. Also if they play the game you could join us on forum fight night for a bit of fun.

CAPT.GIN
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Mark, I want you guys to keep updating everything to us and please stop takeing so long to do it! Also let's us know all the new things going on behind the scenes! I know you can't share it all now but get it ready for us! It's like you guys are makeing us wait for the new iPhone 5 or something, makeing all of us play the guessing game is not cool and angers us.

Tate
06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Communications is likely one of the most important items in the list. On Forum rather than in a blog, I think, would work best for most of us here however, having typed that, there are likely many players that don't even check out the forum and a blog may be in addition to forum updates/communications!

And yes, it would be interesting to get to know about the people behind the scenes that we deal with, sometimes on a daily basis.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 01:00 AM
a blog with 1~2 updates a day would be nice. i think lack of communication in regards to events, updates and what's going on in development stirs up the forumites in a bad way, and a blog would mitigate much of the tension and clear up confusion.

i mean, last pvp event was so vague in its rules and lack of a leaderboard it lead to speculations and what seemed like widespread dissatisfaction. when the pvp ranking system came out or when we were wondering when the prize for the first pvp event was to come, that created a lot of tension and confusion due to lack of communications.

feedback to player commentary would be nice to see in the blog.

1-2 updates a day? Wow, that's a lot. Remember, this is about non-content stuff, so we're not talking about upcoming game events or anything like that. So even if it was multiple updates per day you wouldn't get anything telling you what was coming up.

Bronson
06-10-2012, 01:00 AM
To be honest any update is better than silence. In regards to the last event speculation was rife about what the rules were and what you had to do. A simple post stating its purely based on IPH would have settled everyone down.

Just don't post exact dates as you know someone will kick off if you end up a minute late and that's just more hassle then for you guys.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Mark, I want you guys to keep updating everything to us and please stop takeing so long to do it! Also let's us know all the new things going on behind the scenes! I know you can't share it all now but get it ready for us! It's like you guys are makeing us wait for the new iPhone 5 or something, makeing all of us play the guessing game is not cool and angers us.

We don't share information because until the moment things go live they're in a state of flux. We're working to have more concrete pipelines, which will alleviate a lot of that.

Remember, this thread isn't about getting game updates.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 01:02 AM
To be honest any update is better than silence. In regards to the last event speculation was rife about what the rules were and what you had to do. A simple post stating its purely based on IPH would have settled everyone down.

Just don't post exact dates as you know someone will kick off if you end up a minute late and that's just more hassle then for you guys.

Again, that's not what this thread is about.

I don't know how to be more clear when I say this thread is about discussing generating content that has nothing to do with game updates, events, content, etc.

Bronson
06-10-2012, 01:07 AM

I don't know how to be more clear when I say this thread is about discussing generating content that has nothing to do with game updates, events, content, etc.

Gotcha. So what kind of things do you guys do that you think might interest us outside of the actual game??

CAPT.GIN
06-10-2012, 01:08 AM
We don't share information because until the moment things go live they're in a state of flux. We're working to have more concrete pipelines, which will alleviate a lot of that.

Remember, this thread isn't about getting game updates.

Thanks for replying and yea I understand, you have to make a living to and you don't wanna lose your job for posting something that will get you fired! An I'm sure your already getting enough heat from your bosses let alone the thread members... I just really hope all this gree stuff happens fast so all you guys can share information more like you all use to, with the events and tournaments and other things. I also think you being the only person to reply to all our questions is not fair to you, they should really get you more help. But as much as I hate to say this the best thing for all of us to do now is wait it out and see what happens...

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Just post here, and have more of you guys here. Doesnt have to be game related posting either, presence would mean a lot. I think the devs would have a better handle on what we need/want just by hanging around.

I honestly don't know what would be interesting regarding GREE to even comment regardng news and stuff.

I'd ask for an off topic forum. Sometimes it gets tiring seeing threads on casualties, valor,hackers, glitchers, income, n00b questions, etc... over and over....

Bronson
06-10-2012, 01:17 AM
I agree with Johnny just having someone come round posting on threads is all we need. Fizz use to come on the Where Were You thread every now and again just for general chat as even us guys get sick of talking about game related questions constantly.

Jhoemel
06-10-2012, 01:50 AM
A blog would be nice, telling us facts about gree that we dont know about, something in those lines

What?
06-10-2012, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't mind game credits and bios of the people behind the scenes. Artist, programmers, ect. Most games have credits. it might give a personal face to "funzio" also if they are willing maybe add their in game names and alliance codes if they wanted or actually play as well.

Aidan
06-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I like the AMA and blogs idea.
Be cool if we can get to know the team more. Post a video or pics of you guys; like when you guys have a function or event.

Oh and please join us in the forum fight night. I'm level 114 and i know that one of you are in that region 😉

Thunder Child
06-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Personally, I would forget the idea of blogs etc. The best thread on this Forum is the "Where were you?" thread. Make it a sticky, then the easiest way to make your presence as people behind the games and as players of the games is to simply turn up and get involved with whatever is going on at the time. The other underrated and really innovative thread here is Bronson's Forum Fight Night. Wuld be ace to see you guys get stuck in and kicked about a bit on that, too!

-->FISH<--
06-10-2012, 06:15 AM

Yes, I know what you want but the responses will all be similar because this is an arbitrary idea when there are more pressing issues related to the game. The frustration with little or no change will get you hammered every time you enter a thread with these responses. Each person will take there oppertunity to get you to answer their question. No offense but this seems to be a idea for further on down the road. Not sure Veit and I are going to become pen pals when it takes a week to answer a ticket.

Whew... I feel better... Oh and to answer the question, how about a q & a forum session with someone. Have them come on for a hour and field questions on any topic. most of the people on here are huge time, some money, investors and want to learn more about the game. There are some good ideas floating around and there buried in a thread that you will never see.
The bouncing dev head game was a hoot for a bit. This is a game and some are way to, life, serious about it, lighten the mood on occasions.

Thanks and sorry if I'm to OT .... Oh yeah and for the little time we see someone on here try to be more engaging and less ridged. Just a thought....

LightingBlitz
06-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Maybe a matrix tree involving whos who behind the scences from the bottom up. Show us the steps involved if a player submits a successful idea to Gree and the steps involved into making it into the game. Just an indirect idea.

Tctiger
06-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Would rather see blogs that are related to the game like an in depth look at 1 part of the game for example .

Mad
06-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I would like to see a question and answer period with developers. It doesn't necessarily need to be a live one, but one where we could submit questions which devs could choose to answer maybe five or six of them. I think many of us have technical questions that need answering.

For example, I attacked a fellow whose defense was 65% of my attack. I won the battle but lost a stealth Frigate which has very low loss rate. Theorectically, I won, but practically I lost. I would like to know what factors came into play that chose arguably my best unit as a loss item. Why weren't other units selected? There must be factors that come into play when units are chosen for losses -- factors, I might be able to avoid, if I understood the processes that led to that choice.

GRW
06-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Mark...sort the front of the house out first! Personally I am a game player...but yes I know a lot of guys and gals have a social aspect in the forum. Personally I was disappointed that you don't make more of the winners of your special events....having said that a bald fat 53 year old guy with a red nose through drinking is probably not a marketing dream for the first pvp event! Must save up for plastic surgery and look like Brad Pitt!!!

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe a matrix tree involving whos who behind the scences from the bottom up. Show us the steps involved if a player submits a successful idea to Gree and the steps involved into making it into the game. Just an indirect idea.

Cool idea. Might be a bit labyrinthine, but a cool idea.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Please keep your posts on topic or I will start handing out off-topic bans.

Ryans67
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Blog with behind the scenes look at making the games or keeping them up and running. Offices, people at work, decision process for making changes. Maybe even a recap of a meeting between those decision makers so we can get a feel for how our input actually influences your decision making. One entry could focus on the LE designs, because we all want to know the process for creating them.