PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in need of help and advice!

Gr8Stealth
06-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I was just wondering how it is that another player with nearly 3000 fewer attack points than my defense points can keep robbing me? My defense buildings add up to only around 780+ points so that doesn't account for the discrepancy in numbers.

I don' t know if I'm right, but defense buildings seem to be a waste of space and money as they don't seem to do anything other than lull a player into a false sense of security about their defense points.

What should I invest in to bump up my defense? And what are landlines by the way? I find that I can attack someone successfully, them all of a sudden lose the fight even though I'm far stronger than the other player. I really can't work this game out!

jmeijer
06-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Defense is halved with robbing. So you can successfully rob someone when you have 5000 ATT and the opponent has 10000 DEF. It's unknown what the addition of attack and defense skill points are, but I think that it can make a difference.

Gr8Stealth
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
I've just read that same nugget of info in an earlier thread - so I really only effectively have half the defense points I thought I had? What's the point of having defense points accrue to a certain number when only half of them are of any use? Wouldn't it be easier for us to only have half our defense points show so we at least know how strong we are?

So that means I have to now double my defense to get the same protection I thought I had??? Thanks for your help by the way.

Gr8Stealth
06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Oops, I also forgot to ask about the purpose of defense buildings. I stopped buying and upgrading mine when I noticed that my victims' defense scores were roughly equal to their listed score minus their defense building scores. I naturally came to the conclusion that defense buildings are pretty useless in preventing robberies, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere already, I've tried reading through past posts for answers but there are so many!

If there is a link to previous threads that will answer my questions, I'd be very grateful!