PDA

View Full Version : PvP

Ola68
06-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I am having a hard time finding any meaningful targets to hit in PvP. I can spend an hour and only come back with a lvl 5 silo. My stats beat most on my list, but I need to be paid to fight... Anyone have any ideas on where to be (lvl, time of day, ally-count, etc) in order not to waste too much time searching targets?

Vile Lynn
06-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I am having a hard time finding any meaningful targets to hit in PvP. I can spend an hour and only come back with a lvl 5 silo. My stats beat most on my list, but I need to be paid to fight... Anyone have any ideas on where to be (lvl, time of day, ally-count, etc) in order not to waste too much time searching targets?

Nope, not really, sorry Ola. I have spent hours looking for good targets. That is part of the game: searching out the best targets. Or you can hit whatever you see.

There is no best senerio to find what you are looking for... lol, sorta like IRL.

Hapl0
06-09-2012, 09:57 AM
You could always check your news feed and look for the good one.

Vile Lynn
06-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, news feed! I keep forgetting that one. Good call, Hap!

Hapl0
06-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks VL, i had present that because someone scold me today because i give the news about the IPH events in the board and that put away the targets.

Ola68
06-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Love news feeds, hit back hard and bad...

But really, most 24 hour stuff, like silos, should, logically, for the majority of the active players be ready in the mornings. Smart logics until I realised (took a while) that there are time zones IRL. In which TZ do we find most players, I'm in CET and can hit UK and US when they sleep in, but when is normal wake up call?

On allies, I was sitting out in the low 30s, and saw the same people all the time so I geared up to the high 40s, and got more people but larger vaults resulting in a slimmer $/hour PvP rate.

I need to figure this out, my A/D stats are good, but need to help my IPH out by PvP.

lucita
06-09-2012, 03:47 PM
At that level I guess your peers don't have a lot of high income buildings and I doubt if one can count PvP as a major source of income. On top of that, sooner or later you'd enter the whale territory and the hunters would be hunted.

To answer your question on the tactical side the best way is to keep a spreadsheet of your targets and time them on when they do the harvest. However, this doesn't solve the problem that your low level peers don't give you a lot on the non-24 hr building. 18-hr buildings can be good targets but don't make much sense at lvl 1 or 2. Go higher and you'll have a lot more fun and easier time in getting money from 12-hr buildings at lvl 2, 3, 4 & higher. Winemakers are my favorites.
On a strategic side I think it's worth considering spending money to build a stronger army to move up the hierarchy. Just my 2c and not sure if that helps!

Hapl0
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
As usual lucita, your insight is always brightful.

Ola68
06-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks Lucita!