PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Guide or Assistance?

mac daddy
06-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Hello all:

I'm looking for a detailed analysis related to the use of explosives. Comments on the forum appear mixed, especially with regards to defensive explosives. What are the pros and cons or buying them? How do they factor into the robbing and/or attacking. When I attack someone that does not use explosive, are my mob members at an advantage given the additional item?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Spartacus
06-09-2012, 06:06 AM
General consensus is that attack explosives have better value than defense explosives. The reason for this is you can choose who you attack but you can't choose who attacks you.

silverbackspur
06-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Defensive explosives are a big no unless you are the top of your bracket. They won't last long.
Attack explosives are worth it IMO as you can control who you attack.

Ramshutu
06-09-2012, 06:10 AM
1.) you tend to loose atk/def explosives when going up against someone with close, or higher stats to you. I think this has changed at some point in the past from having an even chance.

2.) this means that ATK only explosives losses can be minimised by choosing who you attack, (those with lower stats).

3.) DEF explosives work the same way, BUT unlike ATK explosives, you cannot choose who attacks you, so your losses while defending for DEF explosives are generally much, much higher. This makes it harder to maintain your defensive explosive stock.

4.). At lower levels, and if you are much higher than other people in your tier, the losses due to expolisves are minimal, but at higher levels, or if your stats are not at the top of your tier, your losses will be high.

5.) As a result of the above, ATK explosives are always good, DEF explosives have their downsides and can become expensive to maintain.

mac daddy
06-09-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm confused though. My stats are 20xxx attack / 24xxx defense and have been repeatedly attacked by someone with 18xxx attack / 20xxx defense. He has no explosives, I have 60 napalm, 34 land minds, and about 200-300 of the smaller items. Every other attack he makes is successful and I lose five to ten of the smaller items. I added about $3 million in land mines and the same pattern continues... every other attack is successful. However, now the number of explosives that I lose are almost double. I just can't figure out the pattern. Why do you lose them? What determines the number that is lost? And are they worth it to begin with?

Rhino72
06-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Hello all:

I'm looking for a detailed analysis related to the use of explosives. Comments on the forum appear mixed, especially with regards to defensive explosives. What are the pros and cons or buying them? How do they factor into the robbing and/or attacking. When I attack someone that does not use explosive, are my mob members at an advantage given the additional item?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

All you should remember is when getting attacked your Mafia items count in full and when getting robbed your mafia items count for half. If you have many open buildings to rob those defensive explosives will get destroyed quickly and turn out to be a waste of cash. As for being attacked somebody will always be stronger and you will always be replacing your defensive explosives as well.

Attack explosives are a good way to go as you have control as to who you attack so you can limit the loss of them.

vitus79
06-09-2012, 06:41 AM
+1 rhino

also i suggest stop buying def explosive as long the little war goes. might be more effective to stock up on napalm and camp his hood for a few days.
do atk/rob/atk/rob in intervalls of like 15 mins to light up his newsfeed and kick away his links. dont do 10 straights as hes save from attacks for 2 hours then(or maybe more nowadays). he will lose some links he would like to keep and that maybe hurts a little more. all that if u cant reach him on the friendly way of course.

im making friends out of 99% of those situations, but the 1 percent left gets this tactic and it works for me

Luciferianism
06-09-2012, 06:45 AM
The general rule is don't buy defence explosives you aren't prepared to lose. I've just been using smokes for a long time, your best defence is to collect everything on time and if you're at war with someone do not under any circumstances buy defence explosives.

Behzat
06-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Explosives???if you are sure They will finish the money in your wallet that is certain.i love the equipment which i can use every time :)

Olly1
06-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Where do IED's come in to this? They're 5/5 so I'm guessing you can lose these in attacking or defending?

vitus79
06-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Where do IED's come in to this? They're 5/5 so I'm guessing you can lose these in attacking or defending?

u can lose em in both, attacking and defending. so if u go for explosives once the economy can support the losses only go for the x/o and 0/x ones i suggest