PDA

View Full Version : Gold Ban

Pages : [1] 2

Speed ump
06-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey guys, after a lot of time in this game I felt I have an issue to bring up. I get the distinct impression, from responses I have recieveing over time, that Funzio is of the opinion that we need them, and have no idea that the reverse is, or could be true. This is based on my, my allies and friends experiences, and what I have seen posted in the forums. I have been in the game from the begini g, as have many of my friends here. We have many occasions to interact with Funzio as much as one can. I think it's time we make a statement that we are the customer, and to be treated as such. it seems to be a constant undercurrent that few come right out and speak up about. The easiest and best way to make this statement is the old pocketbook. If you feel my statement has a ring of truth, then I ask that you boycott spending on gold purchases, or greatly curtail your spending. A noticeable change is income just might make some ears perk up. If you do not feel my statement as any meaning for you, then feel free to continue on as normal. I don't wish to force anyone to do anything. A united front of like thinkers might, remeber I said might, help to get some changes spurred to the atmosphere.

lanemondo
06-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I have already stopped and don't plan to change. I'm worried my gold spending will be useless as the way things are going the game could come to an abrupt end! No response to questions, poor information relating to events, changes to game dynamics without any notification etc etc etc. things need to change and I will not spend any more money on this game until I am happy with the service

Poopenshire
06-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Count my small amounts in this! Every person counts.

Johnny70
06-08-2012, 02:05 PM
only problem is that two people start when one person quits.... supply and demand can be ugly sometimes

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
You might want to add your specific development desires in this thread. I'm keeping an eye on the other request thread and passing it on, but if you're going to boycott you should probably list your demands.

CAPT.GIN
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
YEAAAAA!!! F**K YEA SPEED!!! Lol... No but seriously like a month or two ago I made a thread with a poll about a petition about gold costing to much and I got hammered for it... Its good to see people agree on the gold prices... But man I got a big fight with WP coming up in 6 months so I don't know yet if I can stop buying gold...

CAPT.GIN
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
hay mark you remember my petition rite???

Jp lfs
06-08-2012, 02:11 PM
How about better communication and announcements, CC Mark? Jumping into a thread to crack a joke without answering the question doesn't help much.

We recently had an income event that still hasn't been fully explained. And was terribly implemented.

mickymacirl
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
1. No Casualty Glitch.

What stage of investigation has this problem reached? Please explain what has been done to date.

2. Modification of unit death rates in relation to events and special promotions.

Why do Funzio modify valor and cash unit deaths ratios during events or special promotions?

3. Game Modification/Bug list

Timeframe for Funzio to provide a detailed Modification/Bug list to its customers when high impacting game changes (example: only 8 attacks allowed) are applied.

Populouspapa
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Lets all say it together.. It's a Service, not a Product

mickymacirl
06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
4. A leader board

lanemondo
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
No information whatsoever!
How many times have people posted about the last event? Is it income per hour stat that counts? Do raids count? Does the amount of times you collect count? Blah blah blah blah. Just one quick post would answer this question to ALL forum members but we are now over a week after the event still clueless. Why can't we get a very simple question answered? My view has always been the event was about income per hour stat but this needs clarifying and has really p*ssed a lot of people off!!!!! This is just one example where Funzio are not helping themselves

fuzzlenutz
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Hey guys, after a lot of time in this game I felt I have an issue to bring up. I get the distinct impression, from responses I have recieveing over time, that Funzio is of the opinion that we need them, and have no idea that the reverse is, or could be true. This is based on my, my allies and friends experiences, and what I have seen posted in the forums. I have been in the game from the begini g, as have many of my friends here. We have many occasions to interact with Funzio as much as one can. I think it's time we make a statement that we are the customer, and to be treated as such. it seems to be a constant undercurrent that few come right out and speak up about. The easiest and best way to make this statement is the old pocketbook. If you feel my statement has a ring of truth, then I ask that you boycott spending on gold purchases, or greatly curtail your spending. A noticeable change is income just might make some ears perk up. If you do not feel my statement as any meaning for you, then feel free to continue on as normal. I don't wish to force anyone to do anything. A united front of like thinkers might, remeber I said might, help to get some changes spurred to the atmosphere.

Well Speed Ump
You got CCM to reply but not answer
I think he knows very well everybody is angry at the way the last event was handled
And is still not offering an explanation or apology
Does Funzio itself not yet know the rules of the IPH event ???

Fudge Packer
06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Don't know why you are bothering to add anything else after Marks post, he will just go back into hiding and not respond.

It's probably because he is so junior in the company he doesn't have the ability to do anything.

I think the fact there is no communication on anything even though people are asking the same questions over and over.

The IPH event is a classic example of "let's just keep our customers in the dark, and hope they buy more gold".

Prove you are taking notice funzio and are interested with your installed client base and respond to their questions instead of leaving it to speculation and a few badly informed self appointed moderators on here.

Having invested a significant amount of cash in this game, I hoping that they will remove their heads from their ar5es and start providing a service.

I can only live in hope...........

Cheers
FB

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Once the prizes for that event are out (we've been weeding the list of cheaters for the past few days) I will be giving out a full accounting of what happened. Until then, there really isn't anything I can say.

Speed ump
06-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Mark, I emailed cj yesterday with some specifics, and it was really about looking for a response that another member of the pirates had sent a week ago, that we never heard anything back on. This is my biggest, and there have been untold emails from me on this, not to mention my other teammates, and many others that I know sent also on this issue. The rivals list as the upper levels are as bad as ever, we have had two teammates leave because of this issue, as they felt the game was not worth playing, and did not feel funzio would ever respond to this issue. He have received many promises, and the lists were MOSTLY fixed for a few days, until it degraded back to where it was. I will be getting the list from the other thread together in the next few days to get it to you. I do not have your email, so maybe you could send that to me. I don't want this to be just about me, though this one thing is a huge issue for me, and if I did not have the team to run and the great friends I have met here, I would have long been gone. Many I have talked to are on the verge of this. Some may say its the game running its course, but this is not the issue at all. Under optimal conditions, we all feel we still enjoy the game, but the current state is far from that. If you get with cj, he has the emails from me, and more importantly the other member that mine was inquiring about. The pirates are a voice of one, or speak together as one.

Bronson
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Once the prizes for that event are out (we've been weeding the list of cheaters for the past few days) I will be giving out a full accounting of what happened. Until then, there really isn't anything I can say.

Could you atleast tell us what the aim of the contest was? Was it just based on IPH or did it involve money earned thru raiding and attacking as well??

Mad
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
You might want to add your specific development desires in this thread. I'm keeping an eye on the other request thread and passing it on, but if you're going to boycott you should probably list your demands.

I appreciate your comment.

I first want to say I really enjoy MW, it is a great game. I know there have been some bumps here and there but that is to be expected. But still it is one of the best games I have played in a while. Addicting....

I haven't bought any gold yet, but I have thought of doing it because I want to support this game and want it to continue.

But my frustration is this -- small to mid level gold spenders (which is where I would fit) feel that what ever we spend will be a waste once we cross into whale territory. The big spenders will absolutely destroy us, because we can't buy enough gold to defend ourselves.

I suspect the upper levels are filled with dead bases, where players are no longer active because they are simply overwhelmed by the heavy gold spenders.

So you get that hopeless feeling that no matter what we do, it won't be good enough. It is not an environment conducive to buying gold.

The fact this thread started indicates there are other people who enjoy this game enough they want to fight for it, they don't just want to walk away. I am sure in most games people would just walk away.

From my perspective it feels like everything is tilted in favour of the big spenders. I am not sure there is an easy answer here.

You have a great game. Funzio needs to find a way so low to mid level players like myself can still make a go of it at the higher levels. I have wondered about a place where people like myself could spin off into a different game where we pay a yearly fee or something like that and compete against players who would all be on an equal footing.

Selfproclaimed
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I had bought my first vault of gold during the black dragon event during the sale. Mainly wanted to get some crates. I had bought 15 total crates ( in packs of 3 ) and only received 1 rare...price of them too high,and drop rate is too low. I buy 15 total crates at the 15% chance of getting a rare and only get 1. Something is wrong there.
I've been reading a lot of articles on gree and there being investigated in Japan.

Speed ump
06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey mad, i am one of the whales, and I am also one of the little guys, two games. My little one is not that strong, yet I can beat may be 95 percent of the players, that's a lot of gaming there. As with anything, I do motorcycle roadracing, the best funded usually win. I'm not, but as LNG as I can beat the buddy I race with I'm happy. There are a few others that are great racers. If I can get even close, I feel great personal victory. My little guy gets beat up a good bit by a few people, it's okay, it's part of the game, I talk a little smack, they hot me some more, we oth have fun. I keep hitI g some even though I have no chance to win, just seeing my name on their board can be annoying. Play your game, not my whales game. There's a lot there still. Not everyone can be number one. My little guy will never be. It's still a blast.

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Could you atleast tell us what the aim of the contest was? Was it just based on IPH or did it involve money earned thru raiding and attacking as well??

Just IPH was what was tracked.

Mad
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey mad, i am one of the whales, and I am also one of the little guys, two games. My little one is not that strong, yet I can beat may be 95 percent of the players, that's a lot of gaming there. As with anything, I do motorcycle roadracing, the best funded usually win. I'm not, but as LNG as I can beat the buddy I race with I'm happy. There are a few others that are great racers. If I can get even close, I feel great personal victory. My little guy gets beat up a good bit by a few people, it's okay, it's part of the game, I talk a little smack, they hot me some more, we oth have fun. I keep hitI g some even though I have no chance to win, just seeing my name on their board can be annoying. Play your game, not my whales game. There's a lot there still. Not everyone can be number one. My little guy will never be. It's still a blast.

I agree I enjoy it. And I am not looking to win, I am only talking about surviving. I have heard of guys getting absolutely destroyed and can't raise enough cash to do anything. At that point they just give up. I remember one guy in whale territory talking about the dead bases up there.

I proposed that Funzio create units with high defensive values equal to the gold units that can be bought with cash. Minimal to no attack scores, but with enough defense to keep us in a fight with the heavy gold spenders.

Or maybe they could incorporate hit and runs (guerrila attacks), where much smaller groups could win the odd skirmish against much larger defenders. Maybe we would have to buy special units to do this?

I am sure even the big gold spenders must find it boring after a while if all they do is win. What is the challenge to that?

Bronson
06-08-2012, 03:15 PM

Thanks for that it's cleared a lot of confusion up!!

Mad
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM

I wish I would have know that sooner. I did a ton of raiding and attacking all for not. But on the bright side, I raised a lot of cash and had fun doing it.

lanemondo
06-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I think it was pretty obvious it was iph. Thank you for clearing it up. Next question.......how much did you have to be earning to be in with a chance?? Lol
This would have stopped heaps of posts if it was cleared up when the event started

JohnnyR
06-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Hey Mark-thanks.

This info was asked for and discussed about throughout the event. It is so freely and easily and clearly stated in one sentence, why not sooner? I PMed twice myself regarding this.

Hello Kitty
06-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey mad, i am one of the whales, and I am also one of the little guys, two games. My little one is not that strong, yet I can beat may be 95 percent of the players, that's a lot of gaming there. As with anything, I do motorcycle roadracing, the best funded usually win. I'm not, but as LNG as I can beat the buddy I race with I'm happy. There are a few others that are great racers. If I can get even close, I feel great personal victory. My little guy gets beat up a good bit by a few people, it's okay, it's part of the game, I talk a little smack, they hot me some more, we oth have fun. I keep hitI g some even though I have no chance to win, just seeing my name on their board can be annoying. Play your game, not my whales game. There's a lot there still. Not everyone can be number one. My little guy will never be. It's still a blast.I would think that a certain level of skill contributes to winning a motorcycle race as well. Funzio's gaming model allows game imbalance through the purchase of gold and the player with the most gold wins - strategy need not come into play at all. Not complaining or upset, it's just the way the game was built. I can understand Mad's point and can see where the imbalance causes frustration and a feeling of futileness. I too will fall in this category one day...until then, I have fun playing.

War Priest
06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I am to far behind to know what is going on...

War Priest
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM

I tried to tell people... Funny how everybody was raiding like hell. :D

JohnnyR
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Thread's only 3 pages, get with it WP!

lanemondo
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I tried to tell people... Funny how everybody was raiding like hell. :D

Exactly! The phrase clutching at straws springs to mind........

Thunder Child
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Been spending less time in the Forum and less time playing because of many of the issues mentioned here and in Speed's 'Big Issues' thread - only just read it, BTW! Not sure if I'm a 'typical' player or not, but I have spent several hundred dollars and would be happy to continue to do so ever month IF some of the concerns here and on the other thread were addressed. It's so frustrating, especially since I LOVE the game, and from Funzio's perspective at the very least it's bad business to have players play less, spend less, and possibly leave. Worse, the word of mouth effect WILL eventually do a lot of harm to the game.

Tempted to simply say I agree with most of the issues on both threads, but that would be too easy. So for me, the following are the most pressing issues to rescue this great game and Funzio's reputation:

1) better communication - faster and more detailed
2) settle the allies issue once and for all
3) some type of workable cap on gold so gold players have to plan what units to buy and what to pass up on (call it strategy), and allowing non-gold players to compete more effectively once they are able to get up in the game and buy more powerful units
4) once done with the above, allow the game and its players to settle into a rhythm; the constant state of flux and uncertainty is possibly the biggest killer.

@ Speed
Happy to hold back on gold if there's a consensus to do so. Also happy to vote if you tabulate the main concerns in the other thread.

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Hey Mark-thanks.

This info was asked for and discussed about throughout the event. It is so freely and easily and clearly stated in one sentence, why not sooner? I PMed twice myself regarding this.

Because of reasons I can't go into until the prizes are out.

fuzzlenutz
06-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Crime City Mark cannot respond to the IPH questions
he is not allowed to by gree

fuzzlenutz
06-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Define IPH ??

War Priest
06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Thread's only 3 pages, get with it WP!

No thanks. I guess I just won't know. Have you not seen speed umps and Thunder Child's replies. Haha

All I read is something about boycotting. :rolleyes:

JohnnyR
06-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Because of reasons I can't go into until the prizes are out.

Fair 'nuff.

Your appearance and answers greatly reduce tensions and clarify, wish you'd drop by more. I get that there are behind the scenes things going on, and we expect quite a bit, but this game is just that good-so far we're in it. I hope GREE Funzio doesn't take our attention for granted.

Blackstone
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification a week after the handout errr...I mean tournament ended...

Led
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I can't imagine any scenario where funzio couldn't clarify the IPH issue during the event and to say they can't discuss it until after the units are dispensed is comical. Must be some top secret stuff going on LOL!!

Freekizh
06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I can't imagine any senecio where funzio couldn't clarify the IPH issue during the event and to say they can't discuss it until after the units are dispensed is comical. Must be some top secret stuff going on LOL!!

The only scenarios I can think of is to catch cheats - this would be the best trap as it would be ovious who is using extra juice. This contest would bring them out. Maybe we should give Funzio the benefit of the doubt a little longer?

leo23
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I completely agree with all of you. To be honest, events were introduced without proper planning & organization so in the end, it left with a bitter experience for those who spent real money and a great deal of time to achieve the event prizes. Communication is a big let down really, for instance, slow response, no patch notes, no explanations for new events and changes are made without proper announcement. Most of us are kept in the dark and really is a shame to see this coming from a multimillion dollar company!

Crates price has also gone up and speaking of new crates, I have been told that one of the rares out of the crates is always slightly "rarer" than the others but after spending 11k gold to test this theory out (including 4k gold refunded from support as I wasn't fully aware of hidden 1-2% for high stat item), I have never managed to get "Combat catamaran", but instead to my surprise, I even came across 9 commons in a row, bizarre odds would you say?

This game seems to have a huge potential but unfortunately, it won't go much further with this kind of attitude from Funzio. Good customer service leads to happy customers which also means more profit for the company but sadly, that's not the case here. IMHO, they really need to treat the customers better and fix all the issues ASAP before everybody leaves the game :)

Speed, I myself have hold back on gold due to lack of response to my tickets.

Ascent
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM
The only scenarios I can think of is to catch cheats - this would be the best trap as it would be ovious who is using extra juice. This contest would bring them out. Maybe we should give Funzio the benefit of the doubt a little longer?

Finally someone is interested in the most interesting part of his response... just what would an IPH related cheat look like? :)

Blackstone
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM

This is the best explanation yet. Maybe it was one huge sting operation. Still means a bunch of sit around campers are going to get a bad ass unit.

Freekizh
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Finally someone is interested in the most interesting part of his response... just what would an IPH related cheat look like? :)

Read his response guys .. if I wanted to launch a sting to catch time acceleration cheats, I could do an IPH reconciliation controlling for gem etc. It would be extremely time consuming, but it could establish beyond any doubt what happened.

It fits the facts - it may not be the explanation.

Bronson
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
@ CC Mark just one more question, what was the prize for the KA event as that was left so vague compared to the rest it looked like it was an after thought.

Sorry for the OT post people carry on!!

Speed ump
06-08-2012, 04:28 PM
That helped a lot mark, sure would be nice to see you here more. An active role would answer many questions before you guys get bombarded with them. Glad to see you again tc. War priest, you did say that, and I felt the same all along. Black stone, I agree 100 percent. Felt all along not enough time to make changes unless huge gold spent for instant upgrades. I sure hope that's not he cheating that was discussed. I did some for other reasons, all along knowing my income was among the top five or so. Do t really care about being number one there, I'll leave that to my teammate. I can't have all the number one spots.lol, but team pirates sure can. I did not start this thread about the contest. It's a smaller part of many issues, which have been sent to funzio more times than I can count. That's the reason I brought up the gold ban, it's a view that we have as a whole that funzio does not care to respond to our issues. This born out by the lack of results on some of these issues for nearly four months now. The communication we have received says they are working on it. Really? Four months? I'm sure I don't understand the issues involved, as many of the ones I was given are not the issue. Any other reasons for no results I have no idea about as we are not informed. If funzio also intends unforeseen changes by them to the game to be a part of the elemen of the game, at least state this as such. To me it is a fact, not an assumption, proven by the way it has been handled. I think most players here seem to be of the opinion that thy would prefer to be informed. I'll keep working on that list and try to have it up for voting this weekend.

Led
06-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't it benefit funzio to clarify that it was a IPH event to catch cheaters manipulating the game? If the reason for funzios staying quiet is to catch cheaters I apologize for my previous post. My curiosity has definitely been peaked now.

Arizona
06-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I think Funzio realised they made a bit of a pig's ear over this tournament. Initially by being so vague on the rules and staying silent for so long. They're probably engaging in damage control and determining how best to award prizes for a badly planned and executed competition.
Good luck to all.

Ascent
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Funzio realised they made a bit of a pig's ear over this tournament. Initially by being so vague on the rules and staying silent for so long. They're probably engaging in damage control and determining how best to award prizes for a badly planned and executed competition.
Good luck to all.

I am also inclined to believe this scenario...

Developers always have so much stuff to worry about that it is rare if ever they would organize a sting like this. Plus, you do not really need to organize a sting if you suspect cheating, you just go back and take a look at the logs.

What is more likely is that the event was announced then they noticed some major bubus with cheating and now they want to do some damage control (figure out how the cheat was done and find all the people who took advantage of it... this would certainly take time)

On a further note, if IPH cheating can be done it means that the developers violated the most cardinal rule: never trust the client. All accounding should be done by the server. I know that building timers run without server connection and you can even collect them without server connection (for convenience of the player), but once the client and server finally do talk, an accounting should take place to detect hacks.

I know that at least one occasion my old iPhone "cheated" by building two buildings at once. It happened like this: I tried to build a building but the server was not reachable because of a terrible 3G reception. So I tried again and was successful. Then I moved the building while it was constructed and the game instead of moving it, made another copy of it. To top it off, it did not deduct the building cost from my vault either.

Now, this was clearly an error where the game trusted the client and did not verify some basic things it should have.

I was not able to reproduce the bug ever again after that... not that I tried too hard because it is frustrating as hell to do anything with ****ty reception and a slow iPhone :D

Tctiger
06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
How can you call that a tournament what a load of crap , how much difference can you make in 2 days? It was 2 days for uk . And a lot of people thought it was on raided income ,plus we have had about half the battle points since start of tournament ! What iph you have is not a tournament . Bet some people spent gold on stamina instead of buildings with no clear rules . It's not a good look on this forum at the moment funzio , lot of moaning instead of talking going on and you have to say rightly so I just hope they address all the issues and make the game as good as it could be before its too late.

GodlikeNay
06-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I have had some great conversations with some of the Devs and staff members of Funzio and appreciate the support I have received from them on many occasions. I'm sure they are doing the best they can with the resources that are available to them. However, that does not negate the fact that there are issues within the game that do need to be addressed.

It sounds like Speed Ump will be putting a list together that we can vote on or provide some kind of feedback on, so I will wait on that list instead of listing out issues now.

However, I have to share what I think is one of the most unforgivable offenses in the game because it is so simple and seems so blatant.
- the fact that there is no user confirmation before spending gold is ridiculous. Providing a safeguard on the resources that cost a user real cash is the most basic courtesy that I was shocked the game didn't have it when I started playing over 6 months ago. I know I'm not the only one that has accidentally bumped a button and spent gold. Those who do not have an IT background may not understand how easy it would be for them to add this functionality. All the mechanics necessary are already in the game and they could easily add this feature, they have simply chosen not to.

To me, this screams "we don't give a dang about the user, their experience, or how they spend their money, we only care that we get their money".

This is not the message that any business should ever be saying to their customers.

Joe Brown1
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
CCM - can you tell us whether it was the the straight IPH stat or IPH collected that was tracked?

CAPT.GIN
06-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Cc mark does gree stand for greedy?

Thunder Child
06-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Cc mark does gree stand for greedy?Perhaps keep the kiddie comments for your exchanges with Flan?

Agent Orange
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I agree with the confirmation for spending gold. I got stung two times in the previous event because I happened to hit the timer reset thinking I had made it to the hour mark. On one occasion I had under a minute to go so wasted 15 gold I did the same thing a couple of days later. Sucks to be tired....

In terms of customer service, things have actually gotten a lot better lately. If you could go back a few months and read some of the posts including mine we had even worse problems getting any sort of response from anyone in the company but having said that the lack of timely communications is still not very good and to hold a challenge such as the last one was really ill conceived. Have an IPH competition over a couple of days when it takes several days to to even level up a building unless of course you sped things up by buying gold.

I was the one that mentioned the problems up in whale territory. I'm personally screwed by all of the changes lately and by the PvP bug. I've bought gold for the events but not for units so I'm pretty much a free player but the game has been rejigged so much that it is I would say nearly impossible for a free or low spending player to actually enjoy the game in the higher levels because you are being constantly wiped out by much stronger players.

This is something you do not see in the lower levels because down there your rivals are more evenly matched to you by the game but once you cross the threshold built into the game you are done like dinner if you have weak stats.

Basically we need to see the same parameters put back into the higher levels that are in place in the lower ones. Yes that is probably going to mean that the rivals lists for those players way way up in levels are going to be screwed up even more and it will be a death sentence for me because my PvP strategy was completely fubar'd once in whale territory and the loss rates for SH's went through the roof. I've probably lost several thousand of them probably at a ratio of 2 lost for every 1 I can win back so attacking for me is unsustainable yet I'm at L155 with a fairly weak army compared to everyone else so I'm done. Fold in the players with the PvP bug and well it gets worse.

Granted I think I know how they have managed to 'get' this bug and am testing the theory with my LLP.

I think more than anything else some deeper thought needs to be put into these so called challenges so until they can launch in a less confusing manner they should be stopped.

CAPT.GIN
06-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Perhaps keep the kiddie comments for your exchanges with Flan?

Oh sorry I dident know this was the 50 year old and up thread... I'll leave...

Speed ump
06-08-2012, 09:58 PM
What, you mean there are people younger than fifty here, I thought we nixed that issue long ago. That's ok, point themPut to me in the game, I'll take care of the rest.lol

Mcdoc
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
[=#3399ff]​[/COLOR]Maybe my measly $2,000 over the past six months isn't enough to make a difference, or MAYBE I am exactly the target market Funzio / Gree is trying to reach.

I have invested in each event, bought crates, bought Limited Edition Units, and I've got an inventory & stats that I am proud of. This last event, however, really has me upset with the lack of clarity & silence on communication on some VERY basic questions asked OVER & OVER during the event.

[=#ffff00]First off: [/COLOR] The event was called the [=#3399ff]"War Profiteering Event"[/COLOR] not the "Upgrade Your Buildings Event" AND when we repeatedly asked for some guidance on what would be measured - not ONE informative response was given.

[=#ffff00]Secondly:[/COLOR] The instructions stated that the commanders [=#3399ff]"with the highest hourly revenue would be rewarded for their resourcefulness"[/COLOR]. To me, being resourceful means using any means in the game necessary to achieve that goal, not simply following a BASIC task of upgrading a building. I personally collected my $$$ buildings MORE during this event than I ever did in the past 6 months of playing this game. "Highest hourly revenue" during a specified period of time truly sounds like adding up ALL of the income options in the game and dividing it by the hours of the contest to come up with a measurable amount worthy of a contest. So this understanding (which we BEGGED for clarity) includes:

[=#ff0000]1)[/COLOR] [=#00ff00]$$$ collected from your own buildings[/COLOR]
[=#ff0000]2)[/COLOR] [=#00ff00]$$$ earned from PvE Missions[/COLOR]
[=#ff0000]3)[/COLOR] [=#00ff00]$$$ earned from Raids on Rival Bases[/COLOR]
[=#ff0000]4)[/COLOR] [=#00ff00]$$$ earned from PvP Attacks[/COLOR] (least likely with most people vaulting)
[=#ff0000]5)[/COLOR] [=#00ff00]$$$ earned from selling buildings[/COLOR] (Did you think of this one? It's "resourceful")

(I can imagine a Few Lightbulbs going on in some heads right now)

[=#ffff00]Lastly:[/COLOR] the final words on the Splash Screen said [=#3399ff]"On To Battle"[/COLOR]. Is upgrading a building now considered a "Battle"?

Since the Previous event was concentrated simply on PvP attacks, it seemed
Logical that the Devs got a great response and now wanted to push people towards raids and even expand the event with an income measure to get people to be "resourceful" in earning $$$.

I mean COME ON - the Income Per Hour is such an easy stat to measure with a simple SORTING of all accounts by their already calculated IPH stat - so WHY would we need an event to measure that? BESIDES - what kind of upgrades can be done in that short amount of time other that the biggest waste of Gold in the game: "resetting upgrade timers".

So to be rewarded for being "resourceful" implies that there is also an intellectual contest here to come up with some kind of strategy beyond the BASIC play of the game. So for me, looking at ALL of the income possibilities in a short period of time, I thought this might be Funzio's way to inspire people on how they can creatively come up with A LOT cash QUICKLY in order to finance an expensive building or upgrade in order to cut down on that particular complaint and shed some light on how it can easily be done.

SO - Let's be real here - EVERY event has the ultimate goal of making profits for Funzio! SO - given the 5 income opportunities that I am aware of and listed above, I personally chose to Collect my $$$ Buildings like crazy (NO gold option there to speed up collection times), RAID like a Conqueror (Gold resets on Stamina for an added advantage & [=#3399ff]Profit for Funzio[/COLOR]) AND Repeat High Paying PvE missions (Gold resets on Energy for an advantage & [=#3399ff]Profit for Funzio[/COLOR]).

My "secret strategy" for this event was to repeatedly hit up Admiral Phillip Eno on the Caribean Staights (19 times) for the payout potential of up to 5 million dollars. My full 12XX Energy only gives me 3 hits before I have to use GOLD to "refill" and continue. I easily spent 800 Gold resetting my Energy with this strategy knowing that's about how much (or more) Funzio would have charged for an Air Unit with these AWESOME ÜBER Stats - so for me it was an even gamble to get in the Top 500 and win this prize. I have also now learned that a Gold Reset for your energy is ONLY for 1000 energy points - so if you have over 1200 like me - you don't get a Full Refill ([=#ff0000]WTF?[/COLOR] Is there also a cap on Stamina Refills?)

I didn't broadcast my "Secret Strategy" during the contest because this was my creative "resourcefulness" to WIN & I didn't want to give my strategy away to others who would be my competition. My income per hour is about 325k - and I did actually do a couple of small $$$ building upgrades during the event - so maybe I will actually be a winner anyway with whatever way they come up with to measure. [=#3399ff]Is it IPH gained during the specified time - OR is it just total IPH regardless of what transpired during the event? We STILL don't know :/[/COLOR] But IF the lack of communication and seemingly purposeful efforts to keep us it the dark on this event meant that I spent 800 gold in vain - you Bet I will become the squeakiest wheel the world has ever heard.

Until this event has been resolved - I am on a temporary Gold Boycott and depending the outcome - I may be on a permanent Gold Boycott :/

I'm not very happy about being in Limbo for SO long. It would be to Funzio's advantage to clear the air as soon as possible to calm the savages who have definitely become restless.

Sorry Stephen / Speed if this feels like your thread has been Highjacked over this event - but we are ALL ears when you post - and obviously you got the IMMEDIATE attention of [=#3399ff]CC Mark[/COLOR] (pretty cool guy in my book) when countless other threads seemed to get ignored - so this thread seemed to be the Public Square at this particular moment. You say the Pirates speak as one - well obviously on this thread - there are a lot of others who share your voice as well.

In the game - Pirates are Pirates - "All for one and each Pirate for himself" (LoL) but on the Forums [=#3399ff]we are all just Fans of the game who just want to see it improved[/COLOR] which is why we volunteer our time here [=#FF0000](and our $$$ in the game)[/COLOR] to be a free test subject for the Devs when they realize what a valuable service we are providing THEM with all of this free and immediate feedback on the game - if they would actually just Listen :)

What?
06-08-2012, 10:57 PM
As far as tickets and support I have to say they do a good job. I agree with the confirmation for gold. One might think it is a ploy to get people's money when they accidentally click it and don't ticket (get it?) if only a small percentage don't report the mistake then funzio just made some cash leaving the possibility for the player to purchase more gold for its original intended purpose. I don't know if that is the reasoning it may be a little nefarious but I can't think of any other reason why this hasn't been implemented. Especially when the number of tickets to support could be reduced leaving more time for more pressing issues to be resolved more efficiently.

Dingleberry
06-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm on board with the boycott. I run a company...if Jared worked for me and responded to my clients the way he has responded to me, he'd be long gone. My clients demand timeliness, thoroughness, accuracy, accountability...all traits that neither Jared nor Funzio has. I am a high stakes gambler in Vegas on occasion for fun...I've spent equivalent to a weekend bankroll on this game since December which would be a lot to most people but seemingly nothing to Greedzio. Perhaps worse than Funzio's customer service, Funzio is a "ready, shoot, aim" company with absolutely no forethought to the way they are developing this game and implementing changes. Where do I start?

1. My ally list blew up at 680 allies nearly two months ago. All long time players knew about the 1000 ally glitch. Mine blew up at 680. I cannot see allies added before the blow up. They, however, show up in my rivals list and cannot be attacked or raided. I can only see the 12 allies Ive added since. I have had people from my old list spam me...cannot remove them. I cannot go below 680 allies because I can't remove any. Any of you players can imagine the inconvenience. After asking me the same stupid questions three or four times, Jared informed me that my problems are no big deal and that my old allies aren't really players....they are phantoms. Phantoms that show up in my rival list and can spam my wall, etc. MANY players have this problem. You might be next.
2. Rival list...what else is there to say? It's been jacked with continuously and still isn't right. In January, there were two groups...below level 90 and above. Everyone knew it and how to plan for it. There were no surprises. Now, I don't even know what the methodology is except allies and that is the worst, most arbitratry separation of all as it hides the most foul, pathetic players in the game and they can see up but those over can't see down. Staying below 499 allies is not a strategy...it's a chicken crap way to play valor hero, bob the builder in a war game.
3. Base explosions...I have two times had the game freeze up and had to shut down my iPad only to re-enter my base and find money and gold buildings wiped off of my base. This also has happened to others. No refund.
4. Degradation: Rivals basically can no longer be degraded. As Speed Ump knows well, I was the one if the targets of the worst gang war this game has ever seen. I was being degraded 5000+ points per day. I never cried to Fuzio about it...I found a strategy to minimize it then got stronger then went all gold pieces. All of you *****ing about bases being destroyed nowadays at the high levels are full of crap. I've been turning out a non gold players lights for the last four days....when I'm done with his entire base and head, he's down 80 points. Nobody's getting wiped out and that's the problem with this sissified game now. All talk and no destruction with minimal degradation especially of the higher FREE freaking valor units. Please don't ***** about the three super hornets you lost last week..you have no idea what this game used to be like and should be now. it's WAR for God's sake.
5. Contests....what a joke. Poorly explained and poorly executed.

I have a laundry list of other complaints but spouting them off is like farting in the wind given Greedzio's responsiveness and complete lack of understanding of how this game actually is and should be played. I may buy a vault or two for refills for my enjoyment but not big sums for their profit. All Greedzio had to do was provide decent customer service and not try their best to ruin the game and they could have had me for another $10K or more not to mention much more from my pirate brothers.

JohnnyR
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised you guys have spoken up for so long. It is only a matter of time before people begin to walk away... I know the devs are reading, but understanding...?

To be fair, 6/15 seems to be d-day for CC Mark's explanations regarding the events and hopefully news. This is a hard date and they seem to be running ahead of schedule with the new event unit-good signs.

I suspect the events were pushed out hastily because of changes in plans regarding their legal status. Japan has outlawed a type of event similar to this one already due to it's gambling like nature.

mickymacirl
06-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Maybe my measly $2,000 over the past six months isn't enough to make a difference . . .editing in process

About the same amount myself, still can't survive vs people who have the no cas glitch, specially since them attacking kills valor units. WTF is that old oil tanker anyways.

Wdigeorge
06-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Funzio needs to have more and "better" customer service people actually servicing their customers like CJ and give them the power to make a difference.

CJ Is the only saving grace I have had while dealing with all the issues with MW. I will not go into the details of what I went through the past six months as I can write a book on it. I have gotten fairly regular responses from CJ, even on a late Sunday night. I am sure he is overwhelmed with CS tickets.

I also own my own company and customer service is extremely high on our priority. Doesnt matter if they spend $1 or $100,000 with us, they are all treated like they are our most important customer. Good customer service is vital to the success of a company.

I am shocked at how Funzio treats us, their customers. The words "neglect" and "indifference" comes to mind...maybe there is a better word.

Just think how much better the game would be if there is regular and clear communication and if our advice on major issues are actually taken care of in a timely manner. I am sure that will also help with the bottom line for Funzio. All of these problems sure are taking away all the fun of the game.

Mcdoc
06-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Wow - these have been some of the longest and most intellectual posts I have read in ANY other thread. I think there has definitely been a nerve stepped on here. I only hope Funzio / Gree steps it up and restores consumer confidence in this game quickly as the Luxury Yacht we love before Funzio becomes a sinking ship :/

siL
06-09-2012, 03:02 AM
I definitely agree with McDoc in the last event..they clearly said on to battle, and yet its based purely on IPH?
Didnt say i regret raiding people like crazy, cuz it gives me a neat 2 space centres, and a few expensive upgrades, its just plain bull**** event, where people with longer game time will win ( cause guess what? IPH is from upgrading building, and it takes time!! )

In my company we have about 30+ customer service, hired only to hear complaints and provide service...
Funzio really have to have a training for their CS...

Guide rain
06-09-2012, 03:59 AM
Answering CCMark's Question: There are two issues that are jeopardize my long term continuation in this game. I am at about level 120 and don't buy gold units but do use gold for event opens.
The first issue is the inequities brought about by the rivals list being opened up for the high level players. This has created a zone of play where the rivals list is often empty of real targets because of the higher number of attackers going after the same pool. It also is frustrating to be attacked by someone 40 levels above you for 20+ times, and losing any real A/D level progress made. They can do this because their losses are minimal against someone with so much lower A/D stats. I can't embark on a low casualty ”sorry valor only" mission against someone at level 80, so when those 20-40 levels above me can do this to me, I do see this as a true imbalance that favors those in the highest levels and creates a tough zone to play in for those at my level.
The other issue I have experienced is the abrupt change in valor unit casualties. I also curtailed PvP play because the cost of valor units I lose exceeds the amount of valor gained in either the "missions" or the attacks themselves. I built a nicely balanced valor unit army, only to see it whittled away when the rates of casualties for them increased without explanation. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum in the forum - I just can't see why it is worth it for me to continue if I can't do PvP without it being a "loss leader" and if my game progress is siphoned off in attacks from folks whose advantage comes from being at higher levels than should reasonably be attacking me.
That being said, I would like to ask those being critical of CCMark to remember he is an employee not an owner, and obviously in a tough situation. I know he is responsive to messages, and I personally think he has been a great "ambassador" for the forum. Remove his input, and think about what answers we would ever have gotten...

Khimsoo
06-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Response to our issues!!!

spectra
06-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Exactly! The phrase clutching at straws springs to mind........
I mentioned that it wah only IPH.
Mark could you please just for argument sake if by IPH tracked you mean the 1-IPH you enxed with in your stats at the end of the event or 2- the money you collected from your money buildings. thanks
Cheers

bigflan
06-09-2012, 08:27 AM
All I want is a turret operator

JMC
06-09-2012, 08:59 AM
So like all the pirates own companies.

Kiss Of Death
06-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Wow... I have never seen (hey I have a list a mile long of doing the same, but it's my perogative to change my mind constantly) so may people complain about statistics not going in thier favour... I am a statastician and analyst for years... this is the things guys.... 15% is not saying that 15 out of every hundred WILL be rare... it means there is a random 1-15 in 100 chance with each crate... that means you could buy 100 and get zero, or 100 rares... I also bought 22x3 crates... accross the Black Ops and previous set..

Here’s what I got: (22x3 – 66 Crates)

Combat Catamaran (Crate) (1) – Rare Big
Night Eagle (Crate) (4) - Rare
Havoc Helicopter (Crate) (3) – Rare
Objective Force (crate) (3) – Rare
Mobile Landing Pad (Crate) (2) - Rare
Autonomous Destroyer (Crate) (4) – Uncommon
SP Howitzer (Crate) (3) – Uncommon
Thunder Bird (Crate) (6) - Uncommon
Mountain Insurgent (Crate) (3) - Uncommon
Tarantula Hawk (Crate) (3) – Uncommon
Resistance Soldier (Crate) (1) - Uncommon
T-Rex APC (crate) (8) – Common
Wasp Fighter (Crate) (10) - Common
Loan Star (Crate) (5) – Common
Troop Transporter (Crate) (2) - Common
Sub Hunter (Crate) (4) – Common
Wave Crasher (Crate) (4) – Common

My spread: Rare (19.7%) Uncommon (30.3%) Common (50%) Statistically that is 4.7% above in rare, 5.3% above in Uncommon and -10% uncommon
This forum is full of people always winging they didn’t get statistically what the odds say… they are ODDS and can be crap or insane as easily as average.

I had bought my first vault of gold during the black dragon event during the sale. Mainly wanted to get some crates. I had bought 15 total crates ( in packs of 3 ) and only received 1 rare...price of them too high,and drop rate is too low. I buy 15 total crates at the 15% chance of getting a rare and only get 1. Something is wrong there.
I've been reading a lot of articles on gree and there being investigated in Japan.

Bronco928
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM

I'm with you on this, the crates used to be a great way to power up your army and get some cool units. Now, getting one of the rare items seems impossible; there is NO WAY rare units drops at 15%, as inidcated. I bought 13 crates from the last batch and didn't get any rare units and only 2 were medium units. Matter of fact, I only received 5 different units, due to the high number of duplicates; I got 11 common, under powered units and 2 medium. This is simply unacceptable; I have complained over and over, yet I'm told that it's working fine. Let me ask this; who is it working fine for, Funzio? Why is it so difficult to have these items drop at the published rate? Why are we getting so many duplicates? Why did you all raise the price and diminish the value and drop rates? I haven't bought a crate since and likely will not, unitil this issue is addressed to a satisfactory level. Why the need to be so greedy with this stuff; it doesn't cost anything more to actually provide these units at the appropriate levels and your customers would be much more satisfied?

bigflan
06-09-2012, 09:26 AM
The old crates were godly I got 2 mustangs in a row but no rare since

Tate
06-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Ummmm, guys, this is a "Gold Ban" thread, not crate probabilities thread. And on that note, I'm going to be using up what gold I have and won't be buying any more until some major fixes are done, like many others here. I'm with you on this!

Speed ump
06-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks Tate for helping to bring this back on course. I started this thread for the reasons I first stated. There are many issues in the game that need to be adressed. Many of us feel that we have not received the level of response, or service that we should have from Funzio in responding to these issue. I understand that everyone's issues may be different, hats another thread I started. A gold ban, boycott, is aparently our best, and maybe only way to get the resolution we are looking for. I think most of us have put in many tickets on these issues witha response at best that we are looking into the issue. It sure seems looking into, and fixing, are two very different things. I appreciate cc mark taking intrest, but funzio knows very well most of the issues for many months in some cases. I have been a bid proponent to giving funzio the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's gone so much further than that at this point, that a more direct form of action is required to attempt resolution. This is basically a last ditch effort for a good number before they leave the game for good. We feel at its best, it's a fantastic game. Many things have been holding it back from being that for a very long time. The feeling I personally get is that they feel we need them, we are the addicts. They don't need us. They do t think we can unify our efforts into a cohesive plan for change. I helped create the pirates. That is a huge effort, and a very rewarding one. This can be too, and we can all be a part of ot. It's our game, not funzios game. They created the game, they own all rights to the game, but without us, that's pretty meaningless. I intend to spend no money until we see a much better effort on funzios pat, and real issues resolved. Not just for two days. I have spent around 60k in this game. In June I was prepared to spend at least another 10k. My team has spent as much as 100 k combined in a month. Those numbers may seem big, but in reality is small compared to the whole picture. We need all of you, everyone to make their voices heard to create change.

Mad
06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Ummmm, guys, this is a "Gold Ban" thread, not crate probabilities thread. And on that note, I'm going to be using up what gold I have and won't be buying any more until some major fixes are done, like many others here. I'm with you on this!

Exactly. I have not bought any gold, though have seriously considered it, but at this point I am waiting and seeing.

The interesting thing is what the big spending whales are saying. They post very little in the forum, but it is clear from the few that have, they have had contact with the Developers of Funzio.

I would love to know what their gripes are? I suspect it has something to do with the campers below a hundred and the ones keeping their ally count below 500.

GRW
06-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Guys..I HAVE been a heavy gold user, and I have seen the"funzio fill" increasingly giving lower value units for more gold. I have other game issues but this is about gold so I will post elsewhere on another thread. Ladies and gents...anyone buying gd units below the strength of the currently offered valour units is stupid! I know because I did it...it's a short tee fix! Look at the crap in the store now! If none of us buy then we will all move together at the same pace!

General Insane
06-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Scam.
Con-artists.
Grifters.
Scammers.
Crooks.
Shills.
Tricksters.

The one thing that gets anyone's attention is when YOU cut off the cash.
The second thing, just stop talking, that is a sign of weakness.

When the cash flow stops, the recipient will begin a dialogue and be more amenable to YOUR terms.

Until the pain is felt, most organisms don't care!

Mad
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Guys..I HAVE been a heavy gold user, and I have seen the"funzio fill" increasingly giving lower value units for more gold. I have other game issues but this is about gold so I will post elsewhere on another thread. Ladies and gents...anyone buying gd units below the strength of the currently offered valour units is stupid! I know because I did it...it's a short tee fix! Look at the crap in the store now! If none of us buy then we will all move together at the same pace!

There is another issue many gold buyers are missing -- it is called inflation.

On another thread, a gold buyer posted an image of a gold unit he bought in November or December last year. It was a very cute unit. But I was shocked by how weak it was. I could buy cash units that aside from indestructability were much more powerful on both defence and attack.

Yet when that unit was released last fall it was a power house unit, top of the class -- the elite of the elite.

With its current business model, Funzio has to find ways to entice previous gold buyers to keep buying, so it releasese new and stronger units, but what that does is devalue the units you already own.

In six months, will the elite units you bought today with gold -- real cash equivalent of $30 or $40 bucks -- be relegated to the trash bin.

BMW 535i
06-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Scam.
Con-artists.
Grifters.
Scammers.
Crooks.
Shills.
Tricksters.

The one thing that gets anyone's attention is when YOU cut off the cash.
The second thing, just stop talking, that is a sign of weakness.

When the cash flow stops, the recipient will begin a dialogue and be more amenable to YOUR terms.

Until the pain is felt, most organisms don't care!

I fully agree, And have stopped with any gold purchases. Seems some of funzio changes in the game
get pulled right out thin air, with as much money as myself and others have spent you would think
this game would have been thought out thoroughly. Seems greed is more important than having
a game that works.

Field Marshall Paul
06-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Completely agree with the OP, and MAD's comments above... We see the value of gold units eroded as a commodity and are bombarded with increasing demands on inflated gold purchases. Yes we have all signed up to the game, we know it is a business and accept that, but not increasing demands and devaluation of existing gold purchases.....

Watash
06-09-2012, 12:43 PM
When you boycott you are engaging in a time honored, peaceful and very effective form of protest. It makes a statement that I will join.

dledour
06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Being a heavy gold buyer, I am in total agreement with my Pirate brothers on the gold boycott. Until funzio fixes this game I enjoy playing, I will not be making any gold purchases.

Captain Jack
06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I have quit buying gold on all Funzio products, can you imagine Bungie putting out products with programming as flawed as Funzio has put out? Funzio has has only one goal, getting every last penny they can from you while giving us a product that has more bugs than Terminix!

Speed ump
06-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Mad, about the below 500 issue, yes, it is an issue, but not even at the top of our issue list. Any ready my posts here know the issues. First is rivals lists, fix this and you've fixed a huge percent of our complaints. And it's only been going on for four months. They have our issues in hand, and know them well.also, we are aware that the units we purchase are replacing lower value gold units. Maybe we never thought things would go so high, remeber, we've been forced there by oponents. Next, early on I, and ones I was fighting, now my teammates, went" gold" as fast as possible, forcing me to by lower value units to get there at the time than I wanted. Again, forced by circumstances. That's one of the issues listed in my other thread, which bye the way is not one I thought of, though I love it. It was brought up by someone who is not at the top of the food chain, and several others brought it up, none of whom are near the top. It something I wished for, but I was trying to be conservative in my listings.

Speed ump
06-09-2012, 01:31 PM
If I did not make it clear, it was the ability to sell back your unused units at a loss

Captain Jack
06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Speaking of bugs I just opened another satellite wherever, and what do you know it's says I'm stuck on six but I've successfully opened nine this is unacceptable. I hope if you had a similar experience you will let Funzio know.

JMC
06-09-2012, 02:17 PM
There is another issue many gold buyers are missing -- it is called inflation.

On another thread, a gold buyer posted an image of a gold unit he bought in November or December last year. It was a very cute unit. But I was shocked by how weak it was. I could buy cash units that aside from indestructability were much more powerful on both defence and attack.

Yet when that unit was released last fall it was a power house unit, top of the class -- the elite of the elite.

With its current business model, Funzio has to find ways to entice previous gold buyers to keep buying, so it releasese new and stronger units, but what that does is devalue the units you already own.

In six months, will the elite units you bought today with gold -- real cash equivalent of $30 or $40 bucks -- be relegated to the trash bin.

What gold unit was this? I don't recall any gold unit that can be outmatched by cash units and was at one point the "Elite of the elite". Only ones weaker than cash units, go for like 40-60 gold.

The way i see it is that the gold units are going up in stats as well as price. The percentage difference you see for the gold cost of each individual stat point is because the item itself is stronger. It works like all other units. If we could bring unlimited units to battle, scouts would be the way to go because they are very cheap for each stat. $500 per stat point. However there is a limit and so people would rather buy things like stealth surveillance drones $13816 per stat point.

Am i missing something or are you guys just not taking into account that higher stats on one unit makes each stat more valueable?

The only actual increase in price i see is on the crates.

44mag
06-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Speed ump...hit the nail on the head guys!

LIKE IT OR NOT, BUYING GOLD or Not..

WE ARE ALL CUSTOMERS!.....

Funzio needs an Ambudsman who handles issues for the Customer.

Cutting back on Gold is an Option.

Stop Buying Gold in another option!

A UNITED FRONT IS BY FAR THE BEST OPTION....

YOU DO HAVE A SAY GUYS.......

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!...

Or STOP PLAYING all together!..

44mag your voice of reason in MW.

Later and Good Luck to all....

LOS
06-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Fix the rivals list-
Fix the number of attacks-
Sell back unused units at a loss-
Higher vault limit-

LOS
06-09-2012, 03:03 PM
I will not be purchasing anymore gold until funzio fixes this game!

Saxman
06-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I won't be buying anymore gold until the issues mentioned are fixed!

David

Sia
06-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Mad, about the below 500 issue, yes, it is an issue, but not even at the top of our issue list. Any ready my posts here know the issues. First is rivals lists, fix this and you've fixed a huge percent of our complaints. And it's only been going on for four months. They have our issues in hand, and know them well.also, we are aware that the units we purchase are replacing lower value gold units. Maybe we never thought things would go so high, remeber, we've been forced there by oponents. Next, early on I, and ones I was fighting, now my teammates, went" gold" as fast as possible, forcing me to by lower value units to get there at the time than I wanted. Again, forced by circumstances. That's one of the issues listed in my other thread, which bye the way is not one I thought of, though I love it. It was brought up by someone who is not at the top of the food chain, and several others brought it up, none of whom are near the top. It something I wished for, but I was trying to be conservative in my listings.

Stop playing is my option. I will stop playing from today. That saves me 300$ per month. I do not think the flaws can be fixed. It is not only IT flaws that they can resolve. It is philosophy and mentality of the owners my friend and that can not be changed over time very easily!

- lack of communication
- unclear rules
- deceitful events and varied probabilities of the events
- rules that do not favor all and are unfair
- no respect for players ...
-etc.

All are signs of flawed game philosophy and unclear mindset of the designers and wrong attitude towards their business and players. It is an ugly side of capitalistic behaviour and mentality and not even the good side where growth comes on the pillars of sound ideas and hard work. In Funzio/ Gree short sightedness and near benefits is what building their mindset. This illness in thought and behaviour reflects on CS and game play and there is no cure for that except destruction of the business plan and new plan all together. KA and Crime city are another face of the same problem and continuity of the same flawed design.

I can not cheat myself anymore and I think there is fundamentally no way to fix the issues except quitting. I am leaving the game. I consider what I spent on this game as a learning class for my own behaviour and towards such gamble. For that I am grateful. Also wish to say among all CS I found CJ the most respected and most professional and kudos to his handling of the issues.

By the way to all, I was always against the possibility of all gold armies and had several solutions which one was restricting the portion of gold army to half or less of the total army but this game and their owners are too greedy to go for it.

I always stick with friends that I find strong in character and General insane, Stephen, Dingleberry, Mohammad and many others that I do not remember from the pirates where among those fine characters. What I was trying to say all the time was, If players like pirates where intelligent to understand the mechanics of the game sooner than many and had the ability to materialize their will and use it for their benefit then kudos to them and if we have problem with that our complain should not be to the intelligent few who did the right thing but to Funzio whom have flawed game design.

For those who reach high levels there is no future for this game, do not waste more of your time and money! Get out when you feel you can! To everyone else don't waste time on Funzio/Gree this company would not solve the issues till they get bankrupt! I did my share of supporting them but they not deserve it anymore!

Bye everyone. Thanks to all good friends that I had found here!

fuzzlenutz
06-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Speed Ump
CCM only responded after you used the word BOYCOTT

He has not made any reparations or stated any facts

My theory is go with the BOYCOTT

Thanks Tate for helping to bring this back on course. I started this thread for the reasons I first stated. There are many issues in the game that need to be adressed. Many of us feel that we have not received the level of response, or service that we should have from Funzio in responding to these issue. I understand that everyone's issues may be different, hats another thread I started. A gold ban, boycott, is aparently our best, and maybe only way to get the resolution we are looking for. I think most of us have put in many tickets on these issues witha response at best that we are looking into the issue. It sure seems looking into, and fixing, are two very different things. I appreciate cc mark taking intrest, but funzio knows very well most of the issues for many months in some cases. I have been a bid proponent to giving funzio the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's gone so much further than that at this point, that a more direct form of action is required to attempt resolution. This is basically a last ditch effort for a good number before they leave the game for good. We feel at its best, it's a fantastic game. Many things have been holding it back from being that for a very long time. The feeling I personally get is that they feel we need them, we are the addicts. They don't need us. They do t think we can unify our efforts into a cohesive plan for change. I helped create the pirates. That is a huge effort, and a very rewarding one. This can be too, and we can all be a part of ot. It's our game, not funzios game. They created the game, they own all rights to the game, but without us, that's pretty meaningless. I intend to spend no money until we see a much better effort on funzios pat, and real issues resolved. Not just for two days. I have spent around 60k in this game. In June I was prepared to spend at least another 10k. My team has spent as much as 100 k combined in a month. Those numbers may seem big, but in reality is small compared to the whole picture. We need all of you, everyone to make their voices heard to create change.

Khimsoo
06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Nice one sia.
I think my wife would love to see this thread. She has been nagging about my time and money spent on this game.
I just wanted a game to kill some time but the game is killing all my time and pocket. :(

Tctiger
06-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Wow I didn't know people were spending that kind of money , I am just a free player but you guys have opened my eyes to a few things and make my worries and grumbles about the game look less important than yours since you have spent that kind of money . Funzio must take notice of this thread and I hope they do and make the game better for all of us . While they can sort some issues I'm not sure how they could sort the top end rivals lists . Good luck in you protest .

Speed ump
06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Fizzle it, the boycott is in place, and I suggest that any who feel the same about the severity of the issues do the same. I agree very much with sia's logic. It's is the culture at funzio that is the issue. They have proven the direction they chose to take, which seems to almost be take it or leave it. I'm afraid many are saying leave it. It's sad to see such potential wasted. I agree that cj has been the only light in all the darkness, but he does not have the power to make the changes needed. He is an employee who in the end, must do as he is told. Instead of leaving at this time, I chose to make my voice heard. I'm a pirate, and I'm not so easy to get rid of. More to come.

bigflan
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm in this game is screwed up and I lost to a guy with 400 less defense than my attack and he did not have boost buildings that is just bull

I'm apart of is boycotting now

spectra
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Hi Mark
I think that what happend is tha every one is frustrated for some of the thinks that are happening lately, just as events without proper guidance, delays in responses, increase in gold unit prizes, rivals list and specially the casualty rate
We all love this game and just want some support from your team, we understand thing are somewhat crazy other there with the GREE purchase, but still you should make time to give us brief explanatins on the issues

I personally would like to see the following
1 - make a sticky with how really the casualty rate works, (not the tecnical part,) to gives us a better understanding and if there are some issues why some people feel theirs are too high
2 - Events should be properly announce and instructions a bit more clear on what is the goal of the event, (and if leaderboard required, one should be in place for such event)
3 - Support sometimes is fast sometimes too slow, we understand that sometimes there will be delays due to the amount of tickets, but in such cases, a quick post here in the forum, just stating something like" guys for the next week or so response time will be longer due to volume" or something like that, then we can understand why a ticket I sent would take not 48 hrs but perhaps 72 hrs
4 - changes in the dinamic of the game, again the same, we just need communication from you guys, like" guys we are putting in place a max of 20 hits per attack on a player...for whatever reason"
5 - Rival list, we all know that at the high level this is a big issue, perhaps we need your team to leat us know what the brackets are, if you are having isssues, and specially when the bracket gets adjusted

I do not think that Speed or his team wants to boycot Funzio, in the end WE ALL LOOSE, if the game get shot down, but also have to agree that at their level, their requirements in order to enjoy the game are somewhat diff, due to the limitation at those levels, and they just want the game at their level to perhaps be more chanllenging and intersting

Bottom line : [="#00FFFF"]We need to stablish better communication!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
Just my 2 cents
Cheers

Agent Orange
06-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Well said Sia, I too am tired of the problems with this game. Boycotting the game is the best option.

kylearean
06-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Only an idiot would spend $2000 on this game, especially one so easily hackable / exploitable.

Speed ump
06-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Spectra, the biggest part of the rival list is the quantity of names. We have heard that all high levels are allied with each other, etc. not true at all, I have less than fifty allies. The rest are grunts. I could list hundreds of players I no longer see. They did mostly fix it about a month ago, almost all the old names where back, but for just a few days. This was after three months of very limited lists. At that time they also promised to fix what was left, which never happened, the names immediately degraded in numbers again, and they hide many below 500 allies. There's still way more than what I can see above 500 and below added. In dropped down to catch those guys. This is huge huge issue. Has been for four months now, and all the other issues just build on top. Dingleberry posted here about his ally issues, but it's no big deal according to funzio. A playable game is no big deal? Several people have had this same issue. The problems we do have don't get resolved, new issues happen, that dont get solved, emails are ignored, we are told the issues are not a problem, they are looking into it( for four months, did I say that already) are we just a few whiners expecting too much? I dont think so, other players who are at the same levels don't think so, even rivals I attack regularly. I have a second game in the 120 levels. They box you off to seeing just a few levels, just like the lower levels, yet higher levels can see you. This is way too high a level to be boxed off. I cry foul here. This is not my main game, and I really don't care about it, but it's not fair to the guys who are there.

JMC
06-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Nice one sia.
I think my wife would love to see this thread. She has been nagging about my time and money spent on this game.
I just wanted a game to kill some time but the game is killing all my time and pocket. :(

This game isn't for killing time. Game is designed so you can play it for a few minutes then put it down and leave. Only way to actually kill time on this game is to be all gold, getting refills all day.

You're spending your time and your money on the wrong game :P

spectra
06-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Spectra, the biggest part of the rival list is the quantity of names. We have heard that all high levels are allied with each other, etc. not true at all, I have less than fifty allies. The rest are grunts. I could list hundreds of players I no longer see. They did mostly fix it about a month ago, almost all the old names where back, but for just a few days. This was after three months of very limited lists. At that time they also promised to fix what was left, which never happened, the names immediately degraded in numbers again, and they hide many below 500 allies. There's still way more than what I can see above 500 and below added. In dropped down to catch those guys. This is huge huge issue. Has been for four months now, and all the other issues just build on top. Dingleberry posted here about his ally issues, but it's no big deal according to funzio. A playable game is no big deal? Several people have had this same issue. The problems we do have don't get resolved, new issues happen, that dont get solved, emails are ignored, we are told the issues are not a problem, they are looking into it( for four months, did I say that already) are we just a few whiners expecting too much? I dont think so, other players who are at the same levels don't think so, even rivals I attack regularly. I have a second game in the 120 levels. They box you off to seeing just a few levels, just like the lower levels, yet higher levels can see you. This is way too high a level to be boxed off. I cry foul here. This is not my main game, and I really don't care about it, but it's not fair to the guys who are there.

I feel you speed
I used to see about 25 lvs down and all levels up (not good for me or course based on my stats, lol)
now I can only see from lv115 to about 145 on regular basis, and some times the high level such as a lv-185 player, etc

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the information.

For those of you saying I only responded due to the word "boycott", you're plain wrong. I respond to threads as often as I can, but responding to threads isn't the only thing I do all day. You'll also notice I've been responding to plenty of other threads recently that have nothing to do with boycotts.

Now, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus here, since it's not going to do anyone any good to point fingers. I do want to say that support is doing the best they can with the information and tools available to them, and that I'm constantly working to get them better informed and equipped to handle your issues. Many of you have reported issues over and over again and are angry that you're not seeing anything from support. That's because they can't fix major game issues like rival lists. They can refund items, credit you currency, fix skill point issue, restore buildings, etc. There is a ton of stuff they can't touch. When support runs into an issue that they can't fix they file a bug for the development team, send it over, and then let the player know that it's being looked into because to the best of our knowledge it is.

I agree that we have a long way to go in communicating with our players, and a lot of that has to do with receiving timely information from our engineers / developers. We're constantly working on building communication channels, and with the existing structure that GREE has in place I think you're going to see a lot more patch notes, issue communication, event lead-ups, leaderboards, and more in the near future. I have a meeting on Monday with the marketing, art, and consumer operations teams to formalize some communications channels, and after that I'll be meeting with some of our studio heads.

Oh, and do me a favor and don't call out specific team members you have an issue with on the forums. That's technically against the rules. If someone is giving you trouble please send me a PM and I'll deal with them appropriately.

Keep this discussion civil and to the point and I'll stay here and discuss with you. Turn it into a riot and I'll just close the thread and bail.

CAPT.GIN
06-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the information.

For those of you saying I only responded due to the word "boycott", you're plain wrong. I respond to threads as often as I can, but responding to threads isn't the only thing I do all day. You'll also notice I've been responding to plenty of other threads recently that have nothing to do with boycotts.

Now, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus here, since it's not going to do anyone any good to point fingers. I do want to say that support is doing the best they can with the information and tools available to them, and that I'm constantly working to get them better informed and equipped to handle your issues. Many of you have reported issues over and over again and are angry that you're not seeing anything from support. That's because they can't fix major game issues like rival lists. They can refund items, credit you currency, fix skill point issue, restore buildings, etc. There is a ton of stuff they can't touch. When support runs into an issue that they can't fix they file a bug for the development team, send it over, and then let the player know that it's being looked into because to the best of our knowledge it is.

I agree that we have a long way to go in communicating with our players, and a lot of that has to do with receiving timely information from our engineers / developers. We're constantly working on building communication channels, and with the existing structure that GREE has in place I think you're going to see a lot more patch notes, issue communication, event lead-ups, leaderboards, and more in the near future. I have a meeting on Monday with the marketing, art, and consumer operations teams to formalize some communications channels, and after that I'll be meeting with some of our studio heads.

Oh, and do me a favor and don't call out specific team members you have an issue with on the forums. That's technically against the rules. If someone is giving you trouble please send me a PM and I'll deal with them appropriately.

Keep this discussion civil and to the point and I'll stay here and discuss with you. Turn it into a riot and I'll just close the thread and bail.

Thanks for all that info mark! That what I've been looking for, for awhile now! You really cleared things up with all that. It's good to know that you are listening and trying your best to help all of us out...

JohnnyR
06-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Thanks for letting us know what's up Mark.

Boss Roger
06-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Stop spending and the wheels of commerce grind to a halt..no better way to have our voices heard

Mcdoc
06-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Wow - General Insane, Stephen, Boss Roger, Lord, Sia, Field Marshall Paul, and other high level (Pirate) Players (some with fewer than 10 Post) have all made posts recently. Kinda feels like the Titans have come down off Mt Olympus to make a stand.

siL
06-10-2012, 05:26 AM
So...where is Hercules??lolol
Sorry for being OT..

C0720
06-10-2012, 05:39 AM
If they were trying to catch cheats, then the only fair thing to do would be to give that unit to all active players who are not cheats! All this event did was to give a great unit to the high level players and left lower level/newer players out of the running to get the unit.

whiskeybravo
06-10-2012, 06:26 AM

Are there really this many cheaters in this game? I think maybe this is almost as big of an issue as some of the others listed here.

Speed ump
06-10-2012, 06:58 AM
I glad that things may be finally improving from your descriptions mark. I know customer service dosnt fix the issues. It's more the fact the the number one issue we have had is the rivals list, and it has gone on for four months. That is a really huge issue that has not been addresses except for a few days. Its gone on long enough that players are leaving, and have already left the game because of it. We have tried to stick it out, but hope is waning. The only team member I have mentioned is cj, and only in the context that he's has been great with what he has been given. Maybe someone from the development team should join in here to help describe what they're doing to resolve some of the biggest issues. Looking into, for four months, I'm sorry, dosnt cut it any more. Right after the buyout, it appeared things improved for a few days, got more and quicker responses to emails, rivals list was finally fixed, with assurances that the last bit of it was being teweaked by the programmers. Then all that disappeared just as quickly as it appeared. Try to remember, we have been patient. Now we are frustrated and mad. We've seen a new game created during the time of our issues, with no answers for us. We've seen new events created, new versions of the game, and still no answers for our biggest issues.
I hope everyone can see and understand how we feel. Abandoned. Forgotten. Ignored. It may not be how funzio sees it, but out in the real world if this is what you received for any service you paid for, you would be expecting a refund and wishing you had taken your business elsewhere to begin with. Many of my team own businesses, or run very large corporations.we know what we have to do to serve and keep our customers. In my business I'm not the manufactor of the products I sell. The manufactor is responsible for any issues with the product. Having said that, the customer handed me his money, and I'm the one they end up holding the feet to the fire on.

Poopenshire
06-10-2012, 07:10 AM
In my business I am the manufacturer, and to be honest if Funzio needs assistance I am more than willing to consult. I can be reached very easily, as well a college friend of mine owns a competitor of yours, and I am sure I could get you intouch with some consultants of theirs or their people if you need help.

Thunder Child
06-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Teach business.... Can I be of any help as you try sorting yourselves out?

GRW
06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree with Speed... although I don't have a company I provide services based on the skill set of my team. As such I have to listen to the needs of my customers and tailor my services to that
Need. I would suggest any successful business is doing exactly the same. The game has the potential to be epic but I feel you are missing a couple of tricks! The Olympics in London have been built
Up now for two years.... Build your events up, get the guys excited over upcoming events. I would also suggest, and sorry for hijacking the thread, that some of the best ideas to take the game forward come from this forum. It's easy to turn that into business opportunities.

Crime City Mark
06-10-2012, 08:31 AM
It's more the fact the the number one issue we have had is the rivals list, and it has gone on for four months. That is a really huge issue that has not been addresses except for a few days.

I can tell you that we've released about half of a dozen tweaks for the rival list in the past month or so. We've been taking all of your direct feedback and taking it to the engineers to try to get things fixed. They're having a hard time with it right now.

Olrancid
06-10-2012, 08:38 AM
I hope many will read this:

Funzio is a corporation, no different than the millions we work for. They are here to make money first, as long as the numbers are being supplied or exceeded they have no reason for drastic change. They feel their product is suffice due to our spending habits. Funzio has rolled out another application with the same engine as Modern War because it's more profitable than Crime City in the span of the applications life. These games are no different than having an online gambling problem if you plan on being successful. The only true winner is the one who doesn't spend his/her hard earned money on something that has no end or prize.

Walk away from the game or start playing something else for a little while, you will understand what I'm talking about. We can't expect anything more or less from Funzio because they are making the improvements they need to make their pockets deeper. I applaud Funzio for what they have done and are doing, they are suppling the demand. The demand just happens to our own sickness.

GRW
06-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Olrancid...wise words! I have had enough funzio... No more!

Speed ump
06-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I have been informed of a few more who are leaving the game, one who is one of the biggest money spenders here. I think a lot don't feel they should heve to fight so hard for ana enjoyable product. I'm a bit harder to get rid of, but I for sure see thier point. Why should we have to beg and be made to feel we are bothering everyone with our issues. Maybe I'm too lazy too figure out another game, or won't have an excuse to ignore the honey do list. The reason is " Olympians" as someone said have come here to speak is that we feel our voices havnt been heard, and to try and communicate with the rest of the community to see if they feel the same, and of there is some way we as a group can come together to make changes

DVL505
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Well I will put my two cents in on what I see as the bigger problem for Funzio. They have set the game parameters to give the strongest advantage to the few who spend a greatest amount of money. By doing this they have isolated the majority of people who spend in the lower and mid range levels. The problem is the potential lost revenue of those who were thinking of spending but found out about the whales and pirates and how they try to control the upper levels of the game. They soon realized there is no worth in investing in the game because there will be no enjoyable gaming experience just a dead end. This is a huge problem for the survivability and profit margins for Funzio. Change will come but not the kind of change you anticipate, like any smart business they will cater to the largest demographic. Just my opinion.

Boss Roger
06-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks for your input DVL505 but I'm not sure your views represent the majority. Right now it seems the pirates are the most vocal about making the game more fair. While a few of our team members are some of the so called Whales most of us are on the lower end of the gold purchasing group and some are actually free players. We don't seek to control the game, we merely make the best use of alliances in an alliance based war game. We come together to attack players who use profanity and spew racism or otherwise exhibit general rudeness. Those players who spend the most should obviously gain advantage or what would be the point in spending real money? Remember there is no finish line and no matter how strong you think you are there is inevitably someone stronger.

Tate
06-11-2012, 12:07 AM
DVL505, I believe that you're entirely mistaken with your message, the big spenders, Whales as many call them, are the reason this game exists in any form at all.
I have been following the forum for a few months now and I see them, lately, coming here to let the rest of us light gold and free players know what their complaints are and I've just gotta tell you, they are all very similar to much of what has been posted by "others" including myself and dozens of free players!

The game is geared to get us to spend money, there is no doubt, but if many didn't, it wouldn't exist in any form. From what I have read, they would like to see some equity and balance, no different than the rest of us.

As for the survivabilty of the game, if they get the biggest bugs and inequities fixed, in a timely manner, more people will start the game, enjoy it and continue to play. The key is " they have to fix it" and that's all we're asking.

Cocktail
06-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Yes Boss Roger, teaming up to attack those who use profanity or are racist sounds commendable. Teaming up to dictate other players' strategies, ie force them to go to 500 allies so your members can chase valor, is a different story. The lack of valor opportunities in the whale regions are a Funzio issue, and your beef is with them--not with players who choose to play within the game's rules and go with a lower ally count. Everyone up there can see the lower levels, while the lower levels can't see what's coming. The tactic of forcing players to play in a way which benefits your group and not the victim is a strongarm tactic that brings to mind the whole "who watches the watchers?" question. But I agree wholeheartedly with your other points.

Mcdoc
06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
. . .We come together to attack players who use profanity and spew racism or otherwise exhibit general rudeness. . .

And don't forget that you put out hits on people who speak out against bullying on this forum. Or at least that was the explanation that I was given when GI listed me as an Elite Target on the Pirates "hit list"

Anyway - Speed - I totally respect your goal here and I stand next to you in support of the cause that you have been able to articulate with this thread

CC Mark - you asked for demands to support the Boycott - mine is simple - I have spent hundreds on each event and publicly encouraged others about my successes - but this last event was a complete FAIL on your part ( i mean you personally since most of our requests for clarification in this forum were directed to you) by ignoring our constant request for clarification on the specific goals. I have already composed an extremely long post in this thread to why I feel the Splash Screen for the Income event was very misleading and caused myself and others to spend gold to reach goals that were implied or interpreted that had no bearing on the outcome.

I am patiently waiting until there is some official word & Leaderboard about the winners because I may have made the cut for the Defense chopper anyway - but I feel totally betrayed by the lack of response during the event when we asked many pointed questions that could have easily been answered that would not have at all interfered with your covert operation of catching a few cheaters.

Copenhagen
06-11-2012, 12:59 AM
@McDoc - So does that mean you are supporting the boycott? We'll give you a pass for events so that you can maintain the perfect record.

Boss Roger
06-11-2012, 01:01 AM
The issue with being below 499 allies was an attempt to deal with a problem Funzio doesn't seem willing to fix. Its not about valor; for most of us in the higher levels valor units are not as important as indestructible units. The problem is that those players can see us but we can't see them until they attack. As soon as they fall off the situation report they are unreachable until they attack again...don't see it as a "strong arm" tactic but you are absolutely entitled to your opinion; that's what this forum is for after all. Two things I know for sure tho 1) no gold players no game 2) Funzio needs to make several fixes fornall players to maintain an interest in playing the game

Boss Roger
06-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I for one will comply with the gold ban.

Mcdoc
06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
@McDoc - So does that mean you are supporting the boycott? We'll give you a pass for events so that you can maintain the perfect record.

I am not buying another gold bar until I see the defense Helicoptor in my Inventory.

I already clearly laid out the misleading information on the splash screen about the reward being given out to those who are "resourceful" and there is nothing resourceful about an IPH that really can't truly be effected in 2 days.

Also - the final words on the information screen were "On To Battle" - which again - IPH has NOTHING to do with Battles.

Lastly, the IPH is a common term both in the game and on the forums. If they truly wanted to inform us of an event where the sole objective was IPH - then call it the "Income Per Hour Tournament" and not the "War Profiteer Tournament"

My main beef is that we repeatedly BEGGED for clarity from CC Mark or ANYOnE during the event and were only taunted with a comical remark but not one shred of information.

So YES - I am supporting the Gold Ban requested by Speed / Stephen from all of us - maybe not entirely for the same reasons as he is - but for the same principle - that WE the Customers were Ignored.

Copenhagen
06-11-2012, 01:21 AM
....for Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Cocktail
06-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Boss Roger: Well, it's a strong arm tactic if players are being forced to act in a way that benefits the aggressors but not the player... In any case, it was my understanding that the highest levels could see down, but that the lower levels could not see up--it was mentioned a few times in other threads. In which case the lower level player has a distinct disadvantage, especially if the higher level player simply dropped a few allies. In fact, I'm not sure why the response to the Funzio ally problem isn't simply to go down in allies if you're in the top levels, as would be your right tactically. Obviously I don't have all the info, so I apologize if my comments seem uninformed.

I'm a gold player myself, so I agree with the "no gold, no game" sentiment.

Jhoemel
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM
@mcdoc - you didnt get the chopper man? Im pretty sure the two of us have really close iph and i got the unit

Kiss Of Death
06-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Look, I'm new to all three games and begun without knowing about the forum, I bought units because it's "fun" my ambition is very high (career driven woman in a mans world) and I'd like to be up there one day trouncing all those biggots, as a team player or a loan ranger... When I started reading forums I thought oh... What's all this negativity... And yes I've done my share of jumping up and down about issues directly affecting me... I think you are all dreaming about effective gold/gem stavation, there are enough lower and mid spenders who are not even aware of the forum because I have been inviting them to join as I find them and they have spent big... But I also believe the company funzio and gree do listen and try to implement what they can... Not always in a manner we all like or agree on. I have worked in private money and banks for years and while some big shot says he'll take his 100million in deposits and go elsewhere unless he gets what he wants... Sure we attempt to meet on middle ground but the end decision is an assessment of the value that client really brings... Sometime the cost of funds to keep his money is higher than what we can make so we say.... Sorry see you later... You can with hold all you like, the staff will do what that can and changes will happen. But be prepared to see little effect on withholding spending... Now if you withhold AND claim back everything you have spent in the last 45-60 days a giant reversal on thier income would be a huge hit... Again it comes down to how seriously you are committed to making the stand... You don't spend.. So what you already have... You willing to walk away from several thousand you spent on a game forever to make your point... Realistically no... So all you are doing is saying, hey I'll not spend for a while... Not give me my money back now! There is limits power in your stand. I however agree with much of the above comments and think it would be nice to have a better system in place.

Oh and those complaining about these alliances... Get a grip it's a iPhone game and people are here to win. You get that high and want to survive there are always going to be friends and groups looking to dominate you will contend with.. Break your own ground and develop your own group to rise and challenge the big boys or join them.... Or ;) spend lots of money and buy indestructable units!

Typed with errors on my iPhone. Tired and sleepy... Going to bed so all of you have fun!

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 02:28 AM
I can tell you that we've released about half of a dozen tweaks for the rival list in the past month or so. We've been taking all of your direct feedback and taking it to the engineers to try to get things fixed. They're having a hard time with it right now.

No offense or anything, but boo hoo.

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 02:34 AM
You know that a gold sale is going to happen in days, don't you? Funzio (or Gree or whoever they now are) are bound to test the waters and the resolve of the boycotters. It's going to be interesting to see how many people actually refrain from buying...

Taranis73
06-11-2012, 03:16 AM
@CCMARK, I sent you a PM a while back during this F**kin S**te 2 day event informing you about the issues on the forum and asking you to clarify what we were supposed to aim for, NO RESPONSE to my PM, NO RESPONSE to anyone on the forum about clarification on the event. WTF? a 2 day event that really anyone who has an IPH of less than 400k, you will be getting jack sh*te. Why was that not written on the splash screen. I for one am disgusted in the way things are been handeled in Funzio/Gree. Now please Mark do not come back and say that it's busy and that its hard to get to all tickets and messages and get a response out to everyone in a timely manner(who would have thought that they could do that or that it would be good customer service), I worked for the biggest payment processor in the world (European Center of Excellence is in Dublin, look up who i'm talking about) who would never leave there customers hanging waiting for an answer. IT's why they are the biggest in the world, they know the customers pay their wages, not the company. For every detractor that we get from a customer costs us 1 million dollars to get back, thats how much damage one unsatisfied person can cause. Of course it works both ways, we would have earned over 1 million dollars for every positive response from our customers, and of course that customer tells a friend who tries the service and so on and so on.

WE are the Customers no matter how much we spend. I for one, if i buy a product or service then I expect to get it no matter how much it costs. I also look to have the support from you if something major goes wrong with said product or service. If it doesnt get resolved then you leave myself and Im sure others no option but to do what is been mentioned here, Boycott, but to also go to the Media and get it out there that the service that the company provides is a big pile of steaming cr*p and that you should not even be looked at.

Yes Mark you do reply to posts here, but its has gotten increasingly less and less as the days go by, I know you have work to do, but coming from a CS background, if i didn't get a response out within 48 hours of the query then I am at fault and I am the one who has to answer to my boss. If you are all working round the clock and are finding it hard to get responses out, then make up a standard email that you send out to all users advising us that there will be a delay due to unforeseen reasons. OR HIRER more staff to do the work you cannot.

I mean, almost two weeks of waiting for clarification on what the event parameters were in order to win is a joke and we the customers have every right to complain in ANY manner WE see fit. NOW you are telling us there will be no leader board and that the event was based on IPH only, so if you raided, attacked, upgraded, sold buildings and then collected your base earnings ONLY your base income is going to be counted. That, MARK, is deceiving us and there are rules in business about deceiving your customer base. The first is YOU DO NOT DO IT as it jeopardizes the company and staff do not get paid.

Now can you please clarify what the parameters for the 2 day event were in order to become one of the LUCKY 500 above and below LVL 100. If it was just IPH then you can expect trouble from one such MW user, ME!!!!. I kept a record of how much i had earned, raided, etc and my total for the two days was 98,452,756 dollars, and now i see that you say it is just IPH that you collected.

Funzio/Gree steps for good Customer Service

Deceive,
Defraud. end of, if you can do these two steps to the best of your ability then you will go far in this company.

cheiz
06-11-2012, 03:37 AM
You know that a gold sale is going to happen in days, don't you? Funzio (or Gree or whoever they now are) are bound to test the waters and the resolve of the boycotters. It's going to be interesting to see how many people actually refrain from buying...

Good point TC!

@Speed ump, maybe I'm suggesting something which is already in place, but would it not be even more effective if you'd post this gold ban in the game too? Just need to be the same text everywhere throughout the game. I'll put it on my wall and post it on walls of allies and rivals I visit

Guide rain
06-11-2012, 03:42 AM
You can now officially add the handling of the last event to the list of my issues. With no clear instructions, like many here, I assumed that the splash screen message "on to battle" (or something to that effect) meant that raiding was a part of the calculations. I must have dropped 5K or so attack/defense, thanks to the loss of about half of my "old" valor units in the process of raiding. Of course this was facilitated because of the new definition of "low casualty rates" for them, which I have listed elsewhere as an issue. Another "lost weekend" for the game in my opinion.

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Heh nice rant there Taranis73, I see your points and agree to a degree with your statements.

My personal option is that Funzio/Gree should be fixing the errant game problems BEFORE releasing half thought-out events that do not even give a player the AIM of the event correctly.

The No Cas glitch is my biggest problem to date, coupled with very very high valor losses.

I posted some questions at the start of this thread in relation to bug fixes and letting players know when there's a problem.

In my own case I've reported very serious problems with Cas rates, losing pretty much nothing but valor units. While I appreciate the responses from Funzios/Gree CS team that this issue was first acting as intended, then been told that the problem was being looked into.

Which is it? It's effected me so much I've had to drop all but enough allies to cover my gold units (around 400 or so) and guess what? Still losing valor units even thought I don't even take them to battle. I have at least 100 screen shots of this, will be sending to support when I couple them together.

Game breaking changes do not seem to be tested fully, I get the feeling that the developers tweak the game all the time, in fact, I'm 100% positive this happens comparing online and offline plists, thats far enough, some solid testing is required 100% of the time.

Taranis73
06-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Mick, I think we may to start our own MW type game and provide better CS support, respond in a timely manner and make a truck load of cash!!!!!

Funzio/Gree beware we are out to be your competitors and take your customer base.

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 04:41 AM
Good point TC!

@Speed ump, maybe I'm suggesting something which is already in place, but would it not be even more effective if you'd post this gold ban in the game too? Just need to be the same text everywhere throughout the game. I'll put it on my wall and post it on walls of allies and rivals I visitI have seen at least one big name already do this.

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 04:41 AM
Mick, I think we may to start our own MW type game and provide better CS support, respond in a timely manner and make a truck load of cash!!!!!

Funzio/Gree beware we are out to be your competitors and take your customer base.

Seen a GREE information story on the BBC the other day, they get 20m a month in Japan alone from one game, give me 10% of that and I'll code/produce graphics/answer support emails 24/7 :P

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Seen a GREE information story on the BBC the other day, they get 20m a month in Japan alone from one game, give me 10% of that and I'll code/produce graphics/answer support emails 24/7 :PGive me 0.5% and I sort out customer services in a week!

cheiz
06-11-2012, 04:45 AM
I have seen at least one big name already do this.

What's the exact text? Much more effective if the message conveyed is the same everywhere... don't you think?

Thunder Child
06-11-2012, 04:48 AM
What's the exact text? Much more effective if the message conveyed is the same everywhere... don't you think?Wish I could remember. Saw it yesterday. Definitely mentioned boycotting gold, though, and it was a BIG name from the game!

cheiz
06-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Wish I could remember. Saw it yesterday. Definitely mentioned boycotting gold, though, and it was a BIG name from the game!

OK, if any of the big names would care to share their text with us on the forum, I'll glady put that on my wall and stalk allies and rivals with it!

Taranis73
06-11-2012, 04:57 AM
ME 2, Boycott

DVL505
06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Boss Rodger, I am also a mid gold player and reading posts in the forum there is al lot of talk about the higher levels and what goes on there. This is the impression I got when I read them. For me this a war game and all is fair. But with all the bugs they have ( and I have them too ), lack of customer satisfaction and new ownership, I fear change is coming and not the change we are looking for, hence the lack of communication and actions on issues. I to have stopped buying gold for these reasons, in reality we are a small number in comparison to the masses and Funzio might not really care if we are happy or not. I really hope I'm wrong and I get to eat crow.

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Boss Rodger, I am also a mid gold player and reading posts in the forum there is al lot of talk about the higher levels and what goes on there. This is the impression I got when I read them. For me this a war game and all is fair. But with all the bugs they have ( and I have them too ), lack of customer satisfaction and new ownership, I fear change is coming and not the change we are looking for, hence the lack of communication and actions on issues. I to have stopped buying gold for these reasons, in reality we are a small number in comparison to the masses and Funzio might not really care if we are happy or not. I really hope I'm wrong and I get to eat crow.

I keep watch on the top earning apps atleast for the US and Modern War is still in the top 25 almost every week. I am not sure how that equates world wide, but i have to say its probably good for them.

Agent Orange
06-11-2012, 07:08 AM
I have two posts on my wall. The first is.

Boycott the game, it's broken beyond repair and NOT worth wasting my time and money on.

The second is.

Support the gold ban thread in the forum.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32600-Gold-Ban

I wouldn't mind posting a more unified message on our walls, I wish I could believe that the issues will be eventually resolved but based on their track record it may be unlikely. I still have crashing issues with this app and I review a lot of apps, this is one of the worse I have reviewed to date.

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Only an idiot would spend $2000 on this game, especially one so easily hackable / exploitable.

I didn't believe this when I first started playing... but after reviewing how the app is setup and having been offered "game services" from 'hackers' (I use that term unwillingly) you are correct, very easy to hack and easy to exploit.

Oh and still no answer on No Cas Glitch, who wouldn't want all gold units (which is what the glitch gives you).

Has this been looked at at all?

Olrancid
06-11-2012, 08:28 AM
I will not spend another nickel, I also know that General Insane has stopped. Our money isn't going to mean that much to Funzio but between my 2-3 account per all three of their games I was spending at least $1000 per month minimum for the last 6 months. Sometimes as much as $3000.00 in a month. I know G.I has spent just as much. There are plenty of free or nearly free war based games.

War player
06-11-2012, 09:08 AM
LMAO!! Look at all the pirates coming on this thread!!

The huge gold spenders have spent themselves into a situation where the game is no longer fun, because they have lost alot of their ability to bully people. Remember the 150+ players that were told their base were to be totally destroyed if they didn't play the game the pirates told them to play it? Now, Funzio limits the number of attacks these bullies can use, so the threat of total destruction of your base is gone.

While this may suck for the bullies, the other million or so players that play the game are now having way more fun actually playing the game.

So, the gold spenders are going try to bully the developers into doing what they want.

I see Funzio having a hard decision to make. Protect the millions of players they have, or cater to those that are actually paying most of the bills.

I will say this topic is very interesting to me.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh and those complaining about these alliances... Get a grip it's a iPhone game and people are here to win. You get that high and want to survive there are always going to be friends and groups looking to dominate you will contend with.. Break your own ground and develop your own group to rise and challenge the big boys or join them.... Or ;) spend lots of money and buy indestructable units!

Typed with errors on my iPhone. Tired and sleepy... Going to bed so all of you have fun!

This reflect the same sentiment I had expressed on another post with regards to the "inequities" complaint from non gold players. We all have the same opportunities to purchase gold to achieve any status. If you choose not to spend the money, why should someone who actually spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars be at the same stats as you??

You get what you paid for. If you pay nothing, expect nothing. If you go to a car dealership and saw some guy driving out of there with a $100k Mercedes, would you go and complain to the sales guy that why you can't have the same car for FREE and it is not "fair"?? It would really be an injustice if you get to own something for free that someone else paid dearly for, with their hard earned money.

The same goes with alliances. Who's fault is it that a player is not organized enough to form an alliance in an "WAR" game?? You got out played! Don't complain if you are not smart enough to play the game at the same level as the higher level players and don't complain if you are unwilling to spend money and expect something in return for having given nothing. You are already given the gift of being able to play the game for free on the backs of gold players, what else do you want?

-----

As for the gold ban, it is ON!

It may not be enough to get Funzio / Gree's attention but it is the first step. It all depends on how driven you are in accomplishing something. There are more drastic measures that can be taken and will have serious impact to their bottom line that I am not willing to go there at this time. One simple thing that i havent heard anyone doing that can be very effective already exists in the current gaming structure. That is the iTunes app RATING system.

You as the customer, is allow to rate the game. I have seen many "highly rated" products went down the tubes when they receive a long string of negative reviews. It doesn't matter if they had 5000 five star ratings before, people look at the most recent ratings. Imagine if a product gets 50, 100, 500, etc. negative NEW reviews all in a row?? That will seriously hurt sales and everyone will see the complaints before they buy/install the app. It is not tucked away and hidden in a forum somewhere. Do I want to go there yet? No, but just one simple example of many more drastic steps that can be taken legally.

I've been through at least two major "David vs. Goliath" battles in my career and believe me, it isn't easy, but in the end, it is possible to "win". I've battled a State Law, gotten myself on the code committee, written new amendments, and got it passed and adopted into new state law. I've also battled a major Energy/Power Company with a group of your "average citizens" and won at the local government level, local courts, and all the way to the state supreme court....beating their gang of "high priced lawyers". I am not a lawyer by the way but to show what one determined SOB can do....let along a team of Pirates and other MW players, if they are determined.

Do I want to put the kind of time and energy into making Funzio change or "pay" for the issues that's plaguing this game? Not at this time as I have not crossed the threshold of no return. I am hoping Funzio / Cree corporate is reasonable enough to take action with our peaceful and organized plea at this time. It seems like Mark is doing what he can, but somethings are above his pay grade so I understand. Please be courteous to him and others at Funzio. Be professional about it. Ganging up on him will only push him further away and less likely want to help us, his customers.

War player
06-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I am not buying another gold bar until I see the defense Helicoptor in my Inventory.

Did you not get your helicopter? What was your IPH?

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 09:27 AM
LMAO!! Look at all the pirates coming on this thread!!

The huge gold spenders have spent themselves into a situation where the game is no longer fun, because they have lost alot of their ability to bully people. Remember the 150+ players that were told their base were to be totally destroyed if they didn't play the game the pirates told them to play it? Now, Funzio limits the number of attacks these bullies can use, so the threat of total destruction of your base is gone.

While this may suck for the bullies, the other million or so players that play the game are now having way more fun actually playing the game.

So, the gold spenders are going try to bully the developers into doing what they want.

I see Funzio having a hard decision to make. Protect the millions of players they have, or cater to those that are actually paying most of the bills.

I will say this topic is very interesting to me.

You obviously do not know how to play the game. Only the attacks were limited to 8 hits. It did not prevent a player raiding your base and take out all of your buildings if they have enough stamina or decides to reload with gold. As long as you have a building up, it can be raided.

Further more, nothing is "destroyed" as you can repair any building without any cost instantly. Aside from potential money and unit losses, nothing is permanent.

Please do your homework before opening your mouth.

spectra
06-11-2012, 09:36 AM
You obviously do not know how to play the game. Only the attacks were limited to 8 hits. It did not prevent a player raiding your base and take out all of your buildings if they have enough stamina or decides to reload with gold. As long as you have a building up, it can be raided.

Further more, nothing is "destroyed" as you can repair any building without any cost instantly. Aside from potential money and unit losses, nothing is permanent.

George, lol, I like your signature and your avatar, DAMN!!!!! A pirate flag in your base made from barrels, lol
Nice "business card/logo" when people visit your base
Cheers

Blackstone
06-11-2012, 09:49 AM
George, lol, I like your signature and your avatar, DAMN!!!!! A pirate flag in your base made from barrels, lol
Nice "business card/logo" when people visit your base
Cheers

Too bad nobody will see it when they visit. Just a blank space.

War player
06-11-2012, 10:19 AM

Got me there. I meant constant attacks. That destroys attack/defense stats, not buildings. Sorry about that.

Anyway, the point is, the rivals list and the limited attacks on one person is what the pirates are crying about. Their ability to bully folks is now gone, so their power trip they get by spending tens of thousands of dollars in order to bully folks is now gone. Limiting their rivals list has sent them off the deep end.

Again, I'm very interested in seeing how Funzio handles this. Do they cave into the bullying by their heavy spenders, or do they make the game enjoyable to the millions of others now playing the game?

I'm very interested to see where this ends up.

Fudge Packer
06-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Just checked my iTunes spend for May on the funzio games, across 4 games (I have two MW accounts) just over £800, my may total is £0 and it will continue this way.

I am up for the boycott.

Sad thing is there is only a very small fraction of the game on the forum, I think it's worth leaving a few posts on walls while out raiding to spread the word.

As for the posts from Mark he said nothing, promised nothing and resolved nothing other than pointing out how hard done by the team is, if some of you stopped sucking up and actually read the posts they might start realising they are **** a terrible job!

Copenhagen
06-11-2012, 10:49 AM
As for the posts from Mark he said nothing, promised nothing and resolved nothing other than pointing out how hard done by the team is, if some of you stopped sucking up and actually read the posts they might start realising they are **** a terrible job!

2nd that! Sometimes the forum members remember the old days when responses were quick and accurate.

Fudge Packer
06-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Meant to say June total is £0

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I just updated my review of the game to 1 star and have expressed issues including an ingame boycott by many experieinced players.

get the word out.

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I just updated my review of the game to 1 star and have expressed issues including an ingame boycott by many experieinced players.

get the word out.

Done and Done

Tanner
06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Good call poop

Poopenshire
06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Good call poop

I wish I could take credit, its not my idea. Please read back a page or two. All credit belongs to Wdigeorge.

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Just checked my iTunes spend for May on the funzio games, across 4 games (I have two MW accounts) just over £800, my may total is £0 and it will continue this way.

I am up for the boycott.

Sad thing is there is only a very small fraction of the game on the forum, I think it's worth leaving a few posts on walls while out raiding to spread the word.

I know not everyone agrees or have the same approach, but my philosophy on this is to borrow a quote from

Theodore Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

mickymacirl
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
cant find my review now.....

spectra
06-11-2012, 11:13 AM
2nd that! Sometimes the forum members remember the old days when responses were quick and accurate.

I am all with you regarding the actions that are being taken, but there is one thing that we have to take into consideration,
1 - it is true that Funzio has gone down in their customer services (that includes all issues we currently have)
2 - To be fair to Mark and the other Funzio support/engineers and all others, I believe not all is their fault, things actually started to get worth (yes, they were some what bad already, but manageble) once GREE came into the picture, we have been getting events non-stop, hike in prizes, etc, but we have to remember that those are not CCM or CJ or any of the other support guys decision, those are decisions made by upper management, which I believe would be someone from GREE, and ALL GREE CARES ABOUT IT GETTING THEIR INVESTMENT BACK A.S.A.P. at players expense without caring about fixing game issues

I guess somehow we should also direct our anger toward GREE directly since they are really the ones calling the shots at FUNZIO

My 2 cents

Sia
06-11-2012, 11:24 AM

Boycott the game, it's broken beyond repair and NOT worth wasting my time and money on.

The second is.

I wouldn't mind posting a more unified message on our walls, I wish I could believe that the issues will be eventually resolved but based on their track record it may be unlikely. I still have crashing issues with this app and I review a lot of apps, this is one of the worse I have reviewed to date.

I had deleted the game since I posted here but I follow this thread. I will go back and post these two quotes on my wall. I don't remember if I did that before deleting! Thank you Agent orange for the post.

@McDoc, I am not a pirate but I respect them and many are my friend. I am not organized and disciplined enough to follow an alliance and like to be free.

@ others, this thread is not about pirates it about everyone.
- If in an event with gambling feature you don't know the odds you are being cheated!
- if CS don't get back to you explaining what you deserve to know you are being mistreated
- if you ever payed and got bad product, you are being undersold
- if the problems get solved by this movement then you all benefit, I mean all so better unite and have united voice. Put pirate non pirate away and ask for improvements you deserve. Thanks again for speed ump for the thread.

Fudge Packer
06-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I am all with you regarding the actions that are being taken, but there is one thing that we have to take into consideration,
1 - it is true that Funzio has gone down in their customer services (that includes all issues we currently have)
2 - To be fair to Mark and the other Funzio support/engineers and all others, I believe not all is their fault, things actually started to get worth (yes, they were some what bad already, but manageble) once GREE came into the picture, we have been getting events non-stop, hike in prizes, etc, but we have to remember that those are not CCM or CJ or any of the other support guys decision, those are decisions made by upper management, which I believe would be someone from GREE, and ALL GREE CARES ABOUT IT GETTING THEIR INVESTMENT BACK A.S.A.P. at players expense without caring about fixing game issues

I guess somehow we should also direct our anger toward GREE directly since they are really the ones calling the shots at FUNZIO

My 2 cents

Sorry mate but I work for a large American company with around 350,000 employees, as a sales director in that company you sometimes have to take a kicking from a customer even though it may not of been your fault. You are on the frontline and very visible to the customer, they expect you to take their issue and get it fixed they don't care about Bert in development or Sanjay in support, they want to vent and then get issues resolved.

Years of experience of dealing with customers has taught me that it is better to say it's broken than to say nothing.

Remember the customer is not always right but should always be made to feel they are.

Sia
06-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Years of experience of dealing with customers has taught me that it is better to say it's broken than to say nothing.

Remember the customer is not always right but should always be made to feel they are.

Very mature view to customer services and customer in general. Thanks for sharing your experiences! I felt this way when I dealt with CJ in support emails but not in the forum! I think this quote has to be in everyone's mind dealing with customers

One thing I noticed on this forum CS's is that I see a lot of attitude which is not the right way of dealing with customers whoever they are!

Sia
06-11-2012, 11:39 AM

get the word out.

Thanks poopenshire, very good idea. I will follow.

Sia
06-11-2012, 11:41 AM
@speed ump

Can you post another summary for those looking at last threads and not going through all posts. I tried to quote one of your posts but thought you would do it best. Thank you.

spectra
06-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Very mature view to customer services and customer in general. Thanks for sharing your experiences! I felt this way when I dealt with CJ in support emails but not in the forum! I think this quote has to be in everyone's mind dealing with customers

I agree with you both
I am not trying to say "take the heat away from Funzio" but rather let's put some heat on GREE directly
at the end Funzio may be limited on what they can deliver/offer while GREE has more on the table to loose

I have to honestly say I cannot complaint regarding the support team, they have always been 110% regarding my issues, and I know that sometimes it was me the one that screw up, but Support have fixed which makes me feel as stated by Fudge on his last sentence "customer is not always right but should always be made to feel they are", but have to agree that the Forum is a mess right now and it has been for a while, lack of communication and when we get some, it is innaccurate information

Thanks Fudge for your sharing
Cheers

pirates smirates
06-11-2012, 11:48 AM
You get what you paid for. If you pay nothing, expect nothing. If you go to a car dealership and saw some guy driving out of there with a $100k Mercedes, would you go and complain to the sales guy that why you can't have the same car for FREE and it is not "fair"?? It would really be an injustice if you get to own something for free that someone else paid dearly for, with their hard earned money.

Your right. I would however be pissed if I had been given the car for free (free players)and had been happily modifying it, changing the colour and buying new wheels for the last six months only to be told by a few customers who had bought the 100k version (pirate gold players) that unless I added pink wheels like they have (get my allies up to 500) they will come to my house every evening (base) and scratch the **** out of it until I do (raid/attack constantly).

cheiz
06-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Guys, I will join you posting this on walls, I just believe a somewhat more coordinated action would be more effective. I.e. This is what I posted a few pages back - I believe we should all post the same statement, or at least the core part of it.

@Speed ump, maybe I'm suggesting something which is already in place, but would it not be even more effective if you'd post this gold ban in the game too? Just need to be the same text everywhere throughout the game. I'll put it on my wall and post it on walls of allies and rivals I visit
Though I think it should be Speed ump to compose this message.

agrove27
06-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Franklin D. Roosevelt, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Theodore said that not Franklin.

VDP
06-11-2012, 12:30 PM
I for one have limited the amount of gold I buy.. Not enough value !! . Challenges like these crates and Spending contests are all ripp offs. They suck you rite in. If anything be wise and spend it where the value is.. Good Luck

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Theodore said that not Franklin.

Stand corrected. Plenty of educated players here. Should be no problem to organize and speak collectively as one.

pirates smirates
06-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Just how much influence do you really think you will have?

Gree's $20m revenue every month from Funzio's 3 titles (this is not profit as some of you seem to believe they may well have been losing money every month).

Split it evenly and that's income of $6.666666m a month. I think and I might be wrong here but Stephen has stated that there are only 20-30 really heavy gold spenders Say they spend $5000 a month or 1.5-2% of the revenue. If MW accounts for half of the $20m a month those figures drop to 1-1.5% of the pool.

This is the revenue percentage against Funzio's three titles if you take the revenues against the value of Gree then you are looking at a collective contribution of 0.00002% a month.

The smaller gold/diamond/item players make up over 90% of Gree's total revenue stream.

I own a business and can say that 1.5-2% revenue drop is around the average figure that huge retail giants will write off as shrinkage (people stealing from the store/fraud and the like).

You do spend lot's of money. You feel that this gives you a right to greater an opinion than a small spender. In the real world it does not and Gree would much rather keep the 90+% of small guys happy than the few guys who individually spend a huge amount and happen to be one of around 300 very active members of a forum for a game who's players out there total in the millions.

War player
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Say they spend $5000 a month

That's $60,000/year. I get your point, it's not much in the grand scheme, even at that level and the actual $$$ is not the issue.

However, that's alot of money :eek:

Wdigeorge
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Your right. I would however be pissed if I had been given the car for free (free players)and had been happily modifying it, changing the colour and buying new wheels for the last six months only to be told by a few customers who had bought the 100k version (pirate gold players) that unless I added pink wheels like they have (get my allies up to 500) they will come to my house every evening (base) and scratch the **** out of it until I do (raid/attack constantly).

This part is a bit complicated to compare but...

1. You got the car for free, even at a total loss, you still lost nothing.

2. Nothing and no one is stopping you to bring 50, 100, or 1000 of your buddies to "scratch up" the pirates' manly pink wheels and demand you want them to fly the white flag on their cars.

3. This is a war game, we don't need a reason to attack or "scratch your pretty new car". It is the nature of the game. Even if a reason is made up or doesn't make any sense. We are all here to make war and *ATTACK*. If you're not, you're playing the wrong game :)

Pirates are asking for change and fixes for all players, not just what benefits us. As long as everyone has the same set of game rules and opportunities, all else is fair game.

Fudge Packer
06-11-2012, 01:23 PM

I thing you will be surprised, whilst this post has only had 180+ posts it has been viewed well over 5000 times, there is huge number of people that read the forums yet never post, and if you look at the huge number of people that are now joining and starting to post on the forum it should give you and GREE a good measure of customer satisfaction and feeling. I am one of those new members who has got a bit disheartened with my investment in time and effort with a game, yes I know it is only a game but I don't class this as a free game, I pay for it.

If you want an example of forum power, it happened a few years ago with World of Warcraft, customers voted with their wallets and canceled their subscriptions.

Customer dissatisfaction is like a disease, if you don't deal with it quickly and sharply it spreads and then can be hard to cure.

Trust me posts on walls, posts on forums and reviews on app stores have a big impact, the sad thing is a bit of communication would of done wonders.

pirates smirates
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
@Fudge

In respect to the number of views 5000 is tiny for what most of you would consider to be the most important thing ever to happen to the forum. Plus if your like some of the people on here then they could view a thread over a hundred times on their own in less than an hour.

How's World of Warcraft doing? Gone bump?

Fudge Packer
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Don't think it's the most important thing on the forum, its far from it. The fact that we won't be seeing Fizz's photo pop up on the forum is game changer for me.

Just making a point it's not just people on here who post that feel strongly about the issues.

As for Warcraft no idea mate, you have to be a certain kind of player for that, maybe ask Flan.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
War player you are so wrong. It's obvious you may just be a sore loser. Sorry to hear that. If I were not a member of the pirates, I still have the ability, by myself to do a lot of damage to whoever I want for any reason I want. This thread is about a gold purchasing ban due to many material issues not being addressed over very Lon periods of time. Many guys no where near my level have chided in on the side of this argument. If you want to bash pirates, start another thread for that, it's been done several times. The rivals list issue is that we, and all at our level have very few players in our lists compared to the numbers there actually are. It's been going on for four months, did not seem to stop us from any behaviors you claim we are doing. The 8 hit issue was solved some time ago, and is not, was not a reason at all that I began this thread. I did not like the change, but I've learned to live with certain things. The rivals list is an admitted flaw, or problem in the syste. The 8 hit thing was a purpose added item. I cannot complain the game was broken in any way from that issue. As widigeorge said, gets your facts together. I would be happy to answer questions as I always have, but your posts are basically anti pirate without knowing facts. It would be more accurate to say you just don't like pirates without stating reasons. That I can live with no problem. Everyone is not going to like us, and that's ok with us. I did not play the game to make as many friends as possible, but to fight as many as possible.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Pirates smirates. Of you want to pirate bas, I'd be happy to go a few rounds with you and others in a thread for that. This threas is not about pirates, from the posts here, many others are not happy with the state of the game and the level of service response we have received. I in know way intimated that I deserve Amy more attention that the guy wo spent 5 dollars. I do not. I'm trying to bring a single voice to some serious problems so we might all see some resolutions, not just me. If it were about just me, I would not have posted all the issues everyone listed in the other thread. I want fair for everyone, any issues you may have with me and the pirates can be discussed in a new thread, which we have discussed this before in dedicated threads. Keep on the subject of this thread. Many agree on the same issues for considering a gold ban. Mine is why reward for a broken product and poor responses to this issue. It's much more than that, but in the end boils down to this. It's not even one issue, it's a whole picture. Are you happy with the functioning of the game? Im not talking about 8 hits vs 20 hits, which were purposly designed into the game.if so, then a gold ban is not for you. Just state that you are happy with it as it is, and that you see no reason for a gold ban.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Next point, if you think the numbers who have spoken are small, and we can do nothing, then maybe you are right for you. You might rather not speak up for yourself, assuming you feel there are issues, and therefore can only hope someday the changes and improvements will come. It has to start somewhere for change to happen. I promise it never will if no one does anything. Many of us want to be heard, want to see change, and care enough to try. Sure you can leave. If enough do the game is gone and that's the end. It's more effective to speak up, let them know what you want, and that the consequencesif not may still be the end of the game. I'd rather try to make change, I don't give up.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Chiz, there is a member on my team who is very prolific with the posts on his board, and it's quite clear his feelings on the subject. I agree 100 percent with his sentiments, though I prefer to be a bit more subtle in the way I state it. I will work on something that we can all use if we wish and post it here. It needs to reflect a view of needed changes and responses for us all, not try to adress the spefic issues which will be too much to read.

spectra
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Pirates smirates. Of you want to pirate bas, I'd be happy to go a few rounds with you and others in a thread for that. This threas is not about pirates, from the posts here, many others are not happy with the state of the game and the level of service response we have received. I in know way intimated that I deserve Amy more attention that the guy wo spent 5 dollars. I do not. I'm trying to bring a single voice to some serious problems so we might all see some resolutions, not just me. If it were about just me, I would not have posted all the issues everyone listed in the other thread. I want fair for everyone, any issues you may have with me and the pirates can be discussed in a new thread, which we have discussed this before in dedicated threads. Keep on the subject of this thread. Many agree on the same issues for considering a gold ban. Mine is why reward for a broken product and poor responses to this issue. It's much more than that, but in the end boils down to this. It's not even one issue, it's a whole picture. Are you happy with the functioning of the game? Im not talking about 8 hits vs 20 hits, which were purposly designed into the game.if so, then a gold ban is not for you. Just state that you are happy with it as it is, and that you see no reason for a gold ban.

there are other threads regarding Pirates, this guys should go post there (they seem to have a chip on their shoulders)
I am not a pirate, nor a heavy gold spender, I spent what I can with much effort, so yeah, I have just spent about $280 on this game since I started playing back in December, and do want the game to improve, the Gold ban is a great idea to ensure us that FUNZIO and GREE will take their customers seriously.
we are all players in the same boat regarless how much you spend, we are still customers and should be treated all equally, the goal of this thread is not to tailor the game to the needs of the big gold spenders (I do not point out pirates, because there are other big if not bigger gold spender than them) but for the game to be fair to all players at the various levels regardless whether you are a free player, use tapjoy gold and real money for gold, we want clear game rules, better communications whenever Funzio makes changes to those rules, so that we can adapt.
change in rules is fine, in war you always have to be prepare to change/modify your plans/strategy in order to obtain victory, if you go to war with a well stablished plan thinking you do not need to change it, the you are screwed

44mag
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Speed ump...right on!...

CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS TO BE NUMBER 1....

Funzio usually gets back to me in a reasonable time frame with and answer to my serious questions or comments..of course the answer may not always be the one I am looking for.

The direction or how to is simple.

Take care of the customer, they are the ones that Funzio needs. Speed ump is correct.....Funzio needs happy customers, who are willing to spend hard earned cash to play their games.

We are all customers / even Funzio employees and owners are Customers at some point everyday of their lives..

So Funzio...step back take a good looking he Mirror...ask yourself these questions!.

1. Who is the Customer?
2. Have we served them to their expectations?
3. Can we as Funzio serve them beyond their expectations?
4. How did we Funzio let this happen?
5. Who at Funzio can solve the real issues?
6. Will those with the Power to make the changes act to do so?
7. Will Funzio step up and be a good supplier?
8. Funzio...you have to sit down and strive to want to get better!
9. No matter what game Funzio is involved with...Customer Service is really the # 1 job 24/7!..
10. Repeat # 9 when in doubt Funzio as often as it takes to keep your Customers Happy!.

Thanks for reading this!
Good luck to all who play Modern War!.

44mag...

Agent Orange
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Gree's $20m revenue every month from Funzio's 3 titles (this is not profit as some of you seem to believe they may well have been losing money every month).

Split it evenly and that's income of $6.666666m a month. I think and I might be wrong here but Stephen has stated that there are only 20-30 really heavy gold spenders Say they spend $5000 a month or 1.5-2% of the revenue. If MW accounts for half of the $20m a month those figures drop to 1-1.5% of the pool.

This is the revenue percentage against Funzio's three titles if you take the revenues against the value of Gree then you are looking at a collective contribution of 0.00002% a month.

The smaller gold/diamond/item players make up over 90% of Gree's total revenue stream.

I own a business and can say that 1.5-2% revenue drop is around the average figure that huge retail giants will write off as shrinkage (people stealing from the store/fraud and the like).

You do spend lot's of money. You feel that this gives you a right to greater an opinion than a small spender. In the real world it does not and Gree would much rather keep the 90+% of small guys happy than the few guys who individually spend a huge amount and happen to be one of around 300 very active members of a forum for a game who's players out there total in the millions.

I think you are missing an important point. The game is unplayable for many of us who are not heavy gold buyers but it took the heavy gold buyers to finally get the attention of Funzio. Whether they actually do something about it is another story unfortunately but the problems with the game have been reaching critical mass for quite some time.

Personally I fall into 90% of the small guys having spent under $100 in total on this game but as a customer I don't feel I am now getting good value for my money and as a customer I vote with my dollars. There are several big gold spenders on this forum who are not a part of Team Pirate and there may be a couple of players like me who are not big gold spenders who were welcomed into the ranks of Team Pirate.

If you bought a defective product would you not complain? I consider the term to cover such things as crashing at will on various IOS devices. This by the way has been a problem since the very first update to the application last year. Granted crashing issues are reported to be much less on the new iPad but does that mean you need to upgrade your hardware to play this game? On my iPhone, iPad 1st gen, and 4th gen iPods the game will still crash at very inopportune moments I have no other app loaded on any of my IOS devices that crashes as much as this app does.

Rivals lists that are broken, again not a new issue but one that has been around for months and it has been mentioned in these very forums for months. Pity that when they redid the forums all of those postings were deleted.

PvP bugs including high loss rates, this is probably the number one issue for me making the game pretty much unplayable at the level I am at. This bug makes waging war at least in my case extremely difficult to accomplish.

Indifferent customer service, it took a near riot last time to get the communication lines flowing and it actually has improved immensely from where it was (sorry to see LFizzle go but we still have CJ and Mark). I have to wonder if part of the problem is that they need people who are customer service oriented and not programmers. Programmers by their very nature don't always think in the abstract but in terms of yes and no and may not always be the best choice when it comes to dealing with people who are not programmers but customers. They are perfect for fixing technical issues but sometimes you need someone who can fix non technical issues as well.

I really hope that we can finally make some progress here and I want to thank Speed for getting the ball rolling.

Agent Orange
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I should fix something I said in terms of customer service, I'm not referring to the people hired to respond to in game tickets I have never had an indifferent response from them. Sorry if it sounded that way in my other post. This area has I think improved a lot and I get very quick replies to all of my submissions. I guess what I am really scratching at is the perceived lack of response to the major issues that keep getting pointed out in the forums so I guess that really is a problem higher up in the ranks of Funzio in the area where the tickets for problems wind up. It seems this is where things are getting swept under the carpet.

pirates smirates
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Ok will stay off the pirate conversation.

I do not think that there is anything wrong with the game in anyway other than the general layout and functionality of the menus and how results of battles/raids are displayed.

Most people don't care. Gree will not care. Do you have any idea how long and at what cost the suggestions that you have made would take to implement and test to your standards (because god forbid if anything goes wrong [or should I say if you all deem it to have gone wrong] after release from now on)?

If Gree or Funzio as it was cared in one bit about the opinions on here then they would run a decent forum. They would have moderators on 24/7,threads would be merged, you would have to have a minimum of 100 posts before you could start a thread, Moderators would be in charge of polls, users would be engaged, there would be direction, communication would be fluid, explanations would come quickly and show a end objective.

If this forum was run correctly Gree would clean up from the potential.

If we did not like the game so much I am guessing that most of us would have dumped this attempt at a forum a long time ago. As a parent there is no way that I would let my young children come on here however I do let them play the game so that they can learn about budgets and waiting time for things (7 days to a young child for an upgrade is a lifetime)plus the money aspect and buying numbers of units at once helps them with their maths.

Speed ump
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Much better pirates, constructive criticism. My point here is to try to effect that change in funzios thought processs. I sure cant if I don't try. Quote a few others seem to feel the same way. If more of us speak up, then maybe, just maybe they will listen, either for economic reasons, or for a change in attitudes within the new corporation. The problems that I have brought up did not show up yesterday. They have been ongoing for many months, with specific promises that they would fix, are worki g on here issues. I don't expect something to get fixed in a day, maybe not a few days, maybe not a week. But four months, you bet your sweet patookie I do. I've seen a new game come out, many new events, many new changes, but not the ones needed to adress mine and many others issues. The money to fix these issues? you can google Funzio, You can find many reports about the profits they are earning. Yes, the money is there, it's the effort the seems to be lacking. Maybe things are changing there, I have no way of knowing, I can only see what I see, and hear what I have been told. Many DID like the game, many of those are here now because they no longer enjoy things the way they are. A good number have left. Many more may be leaving soon. If enough do, there will be no game. If You do nothing, then expect no change. I enjoy what the game was, and what I know it could be. If we can get funzio the share that same vision, that would be great. I dont think they do at this point.

General Insane
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
There are very few things one can control completely in this life.
Discretionary spending is entirely up to you.
The government steals your money at every turn.
Some are being pinched by former spouses, or past misdeeds.
You, and you alone decide if you wish to give Funzio $10, $100, $1,000, or even $10,000.
If you're happy with what you get for your money, increase your expenditures.
If, on the other hand you're unhappy with what your money has bought you, you don't need this dummy to tell you what to do.
As far as this dummy is concerned, he's engaged in a BOYCOTT.
The dummy was no longer happy giving his money to scammers.
But, he's happier now keeping his money and spending it where he's appreciated.
If you receive value for value, that's a great deal all around.
If you get NOTHING for SOMETHING, do you even need to think about what you should do???

Sia
06-12-2012, 01:02 AM
@speed ump,
You are going to put the wall posting together?

Anyway now the post is back to first page.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 01:40 AM

The second is.

Post is up.

Poopenshire
06-12-2012, 03:44 AM
I have read on a few threads people are buying gold. Please continue to spread the word.

War player
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
War player you are so wrong. It's obvious you may just be a sore loser.

Sore loser? I've lost nothing. When I got that message telling me to make my allies to 500, I just allied way down to get out of range of that. No loss at all.

I am very interested in human behavior. I'm really obsessed with it. I guess everyone has their issues and that happens to be mine. That's where my point of view comes from. Bullying is one of those little things about human behavior that I find just facinating. What motivates folks to bully others? What are they gaining by doing it? Each case is different, and in this case, what is the benefit?

I do look at players boards quite often and have seen the victims of the pirates, and what they do to players. Telling someone to act in a way that's in your best interest to the detriment of their interest is bullying. Now, this is by no means hurting anyone. All the victim gets is to stop playing the game. No big deal at all. However, it is bullying and that has gotten my attention.

You say you answer questions...OK, you latest beef with the game is about the rivals list. What about the rivals list do you think is broken? Seems to work very well for me, and has since I started playing the game.

What seems to me that has changed is the range of what can be seen by other players. For instance, maybe a level 180 player could see a level 110 player in the past and that range is now much smaller. I don't know the specifics, but I know when I hit level 90, the range of rivals that could see me changed alot.

I could see where limiting the rivals list would put these huge cash spenders in a world of hurt. They have spent their way into a situation where they can only fight themselves, which is basically very boring. However, they have spent tens of thousands of their own dollars, and don't want to stop playing the game. That would mean they would have to throw away all that money.

Funzio, on the other hand, has to look at the HUGE number of players that play the game and make it FUN for them, not just the handful that's at the top. Would having a level 200 guy constantaly hitting 500 level 120 guys make it ful for the level 120 guys? What's fair probably doesn't matter. What will generate more cash is what matters.

I will be watching very closely to see who wins this one.

Boss Roger
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Bullying? Really? Modern War is an alliance based war game. Each player is given a wall for posting.
To smack talk avatar to avatar is absolutely allowed. You never said "in your face!" to your
buddy while shooting hoops in the driveway? BS

GRW
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
War player.. I am at Spec Ops level based on the limited amount of rivals funzio "serves" up to me. I try and spread "the pain" around but there must be players here that hate me because I chose to achieve my own personal goal. It can't be right that I collect 5,000,000 battle points from a small subset of the game players

Boss Roger
06-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I hear you GRW...it looks like bullying to some players but there is no option but to hit the same players over and over again. Am I to belueve there are only about 150 players between levels 110 and 200 that I am not allied with?
I only have 505 allies!!

War player
06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Smack talk is not what I'm talking about. Telling someone to get to 500 allies or they will get pounded non-stop by the pirates is bullying. Example...when a group of 14 year olds comes up to a 10 year old and tells him to give him their money, or they will beat him up, that's not smack talk. That's bullying.

GRW, I don't disagree. However, is it right for a level 200 player to be attacking a level 100 player? Maybe in your opinion, but probably not of the opinion of the hundreds of thousands of players that are below level 120 or so. We will see what Funzio thinks about it.

Again, I would like clarification as to what the actual change was. At this point, I'm just guessing. I really don't know what happened that caused all this fuss.

War player
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I hear you GRW...it looks like bullying to some players but there is no option but to hit the same players over and over again.

I'm not talking about individual players hitting the same players more than once. I fully understand that. Many times, I hit the same individual several times. It's the nature of having the rivals list.

I'm talking about the threats made to individuals to get above 500 allies or be the victim of a coordinated attacks by a specific group of people. I'm also talking about coordinated efforts by a group to find and attack individual posters.

Mad
06-12-2012, 12:15 PM
I think the simple solution is this: As you level up, Funzio reduces the number of allies a player can have. From what I can tell there seems to be plenty of players to attack, the only problem is most of them are your allies.

Boss Roger
06-12-2012, 01:17 PM
War player: I do understand your postion regarding co-ordinated attacks but that is the purpose
of an alliance is it not? By your line of thinking NATO is a group of bullies..I disagree; it is merely a successful
alliance. Anyway none of this has anything to do with this thread which is a gold ban. You have read my last
post defending the pirates. Love us or hate us, I'm actually indifferent. I have made a great group
of friends in this game..all other players are just that...other players.

General Insane
06-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Avatars attacking avatars, really?
No one ever loses anything in this game.
The game is replete with fake gold, fake armies, fake trinkets, fake bases, and even fake people.
Relax already, this game is for amusement purposes only.
The game isn't real.
Pirates is just a word.
There are no pirates in this game.
We call ourselves pirates.
We're mainly a bunch of guys and gals who socialize.
We even have our own clubhouse.
We hold meetings and are even planning a convention this summer.
We're the Rotary, Kiwanis, or Lions Club of online gaming.
We pay dues to support members having financial difficulties.
We are just enjoying each other's friendship.
There are pirates in Somalia.
They aren't very effective pirates, as the US Navy has repeatedly demonstrated.
So, play the game, amuse yourself.
The only thing that could ever be damaged in this game is your bank account if you exchange real cash for fake gold or useless trinkets!!

Boss Roger
06-12-2012, 04:40 PM
haha leave it to General Insane to put everything in its proper perspective...most logical post I've seen so far.

Mcdoc
06-12-2012, 05:04 PM
@mcdoc - you didnt get the chopper man? Im pretty sure the two of us have really close iph and i got the unit

Did you not get your helicopter? What was your IPH?

I was about 310k IPH when the event started - raided like crazy because this seemed like an attempt to get us to RAID with the "On To Battle" tagline on the splash screen - especially since the event before was strictly Battles and not Raids.

Anyway, I did do a couple of $$$ Upgrades during the event and I beleive I was about 325k IPH when the event ended. I may be on the very cusp of the cut-off - but I still haven't seen the Base Defender Chopper in my inventory and have only seen 2 on other people. I don't know if there is any "official" final word if ALL of the units have been handed out -but we were told Friday, the 15th was the target to get them out.

BTW - Funzio is really trying to tempt us to Break the Ban with 2 new events started with KA & CC in the past 12 hours. I look for a new MW event to start around midnight tonight - but MY Gold Ban will be in FULL effect until the Chopper is in my Inventory!

stricker
06-12-2012, 05:22 PM
wrong thread McDoc... get out from under your DJ Rock more often and do your homework... ;p
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32052-Results-and-Prizes-for-the-Income-Event-(news)&p=270661&viewfull=1#post270661
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23958-Where-were-you&p=275469&viewfull=1#post275469
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?33139-100K&p=276257&viewfull=1#post276257

Selfproclaimed
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Mcdoc, don't know where ya been but initially,they said they were allll out . He gave some numbers but needed to be verified. Your iph should defintley be in the winning bracket. He said,and I suggest ,if you did not receive a unit, send in a ticket . I sent a ticket in quickly after I found out about a guy lower than me gettin one . And today I got my unit. So it might take time,but you'll get as long as you notify them ,if you don't send a ticket,you'll probably be s.o.l . So get to it. H did say it would take time,because they can't simply just look at ones iph,he has to send it over to there engineers for them to figure it out.

Speed ump
06-12-2012, 05:35 PM
War player, its not a new issue we are talking about, as I have stated numerous times. It has been going on for four months, more than half the time the game has existed. It has gone on from the time I was in the 110 levels, maybe even before. There are many, many more rivals playing in the upper levels than are shown. I can list name after name. It was proven a month ago, when for a few days, they actually had it mostly fixed for a few days. It has noting to do with the lack of avaible players at this level. Also I was playing with guys who went to level 200 much quicker than I did, but had no strength. Your level did not matter at this point. Once you are at level 100 you should be pretty well established. If all avaible players would be made avaible, we could only hit a small percentage of them anyway, on a consisnente basis. Also, so that you may stop your complaining about our reasons for doing things, we will all go below500 allies and hit anyone we want just because we want to. Everyone may give many thanks to you for this. We are no longer asking any one to change what level they are at. We will hit everyone equally. Now, since this is the gold ban thread, get on subject, or go to the pirate bashing thread with this, or begin your own thread on the issue since it seems to bother you so much. .

Mcdoc
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM
BTW - here is a post I put on my in-game wall:

*** ATTENTION PLAYERS *** *There is an organized BAN
on buying gold from MANY members of the official Funzio
forum at the moment due to the Developers of the game
who continue to ignore MAJOR issues in the game. Please
read the forum thread (www.funzio.com) called
"Gold Ban"and join the effort to motivate Funzio to FIX
things like the jacked up Casualty rates and Rivals List.
**** GOLD BAN IN EFFECT ***

Maybe this kind of post could spread like wildfire like the ones that said:
"Post this on 15 Sugar Walls and get 5000 Gold" - LoL

wrong thread McDoc... get out from under your DJ Rock more often and do your homework... ;p
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32052-Results-and-Prizes-for-the-Income-Event-(news)&p=270661&viewfull=1#post270661
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23958-Where-were-you&p=275469&viewfull=1#post275469
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?33139-100K&p=276257&viewfull=1#post276257

Yo Striker - earlier in THIS thread - I posted the IPH event as my personal reason for boycotting the Gold buys. I was answering questions from inside THIS thread related to my previous post :)

Cantgetright
06-12-2012, 07:19 PM
I am a gold buyer but will no longer buy to help out the cause, I'm not the strongest but by No means a push over. Hopefully they can fix and meet some of the customers Big or small gold buyers demands.

stricker
06-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Yo Striker - earlier in THIS thread - I posted the IPH event as my personal reason for boycotting the Gold buys. I was answering questions from inside THIS thread related to my previous post :)
hmmmmm... caught me, did you???
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ra4fDY1vjPQ/TaO4TfkO5RI/AAAAAAAAAaY/kGy8GfapQyc/s1600/25917_yoda.jpg

chewbacca ate my homework!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/6d/Chewbacca-2-.jpg/200px-Chewbacca-2-.jpg

& btw... i banned gold after the very first mw event!!! lol...

Agent Orange
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
BTW - here is a post I put on my in-game wall:

*** ATTENTION PLAYERS *** *There is an organized BAN
on buying gold from MANY members of the official Funzio
forum at the moment due to the Developers of the game
who continue to ignore MAJOR issues in the game. Please
read the forum thread (www.funzio.com) called
"Gold Ban"and join the effort to motivate Funzio to FIX
things like the jacked up Casualty rates and Rivals List.
**** GOLD BAN IN EFFECT ***

Maybe this kind of post could spread like wildfire like the ones that said:
"Post this on 15 Sugar Walls and get 5000 Gold" - LoL

I like the wording McDoc, to the point without being overly hostile. Think I might post that on my wall if you don't mind.

stricker
06-12-2012, 07:58 PM
I like the wording McDoc, to the point without being overly hostile. Think I might post that on my wall if you don't mind.

hmmmm... wonder if your casualty rate will increase 10-fold??? ;p lol

Speed ump
06-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Here's a simple and easily read one that I have posted on my board
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * DANGER

* * * * * * THIS BASE AND PLAYER IS ENGAGED IN A GOLD BOYCOTT

* * * * * * * * * *Don't pay for a broken and defective product and service

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Copy and paste this notice

stricker
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM

hmmmm... not sure if your casualty rate CAN go up... not sure if you even have a casualty rate??? oh yes... you do... 0% ;p

Mcdoc
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I guess you missed it - HE said "Sugar Walls" - LoLz

In case you missed it the first time WP posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toJqeFD95Dk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

**** WARNING ****
Watching this video will cause milk to shoot out of your nose
**** WARNING ****

Mcdoc
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I like the wording McDoc, to the point without being overly hostile. Think I might post that on my wall if you don't mind.Hey AO - I hope this gets posted on Hundreds of "sugar" Walls. Please feel free to post it everywhere :)

Speed ump
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Not sure why all the asterisks on mine and not lined up. But you get the idea

stricker
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Not sure why all the asterisks on mine and not lined up. But you get the idea
it's bb code, similar to html tagging... not copy/paste word or mac... lol

yup... we got it!!! lol

Fudge Packer
06-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Thanks McDoc will be using that myself.

FP

cheiz
06-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Thanks McDoc, I'll put that up too!

pirates smirates
06-13-2012, 04:22 AM
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * DANGER

* * * * * * THIS BASE AND PLAYER IS ENGAGED IN A GOLD BOYCOTT

* * * * * * * * * *Don't pay for a broken and defective product and service

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Copy and paste this notice

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *IF YOU DO NOT POST THIS
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *MY FELLOW PIRATES AND I
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *WILL NOT STOP ATTACKING YOU UNTIL YOU DO

Edited for accuracy.

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Pirates, i thought we established a different thread for that. I think everyone gets your point, as i have stated before. You hate pirates, blah, blah, blah. We know, we get it. Go discuss your hatred in the appropiate thread. Were discussing completely different matters here. Im just as likely to hit you with or without the posting, which seems to be the purpose of your post. Whetehr or not you join in our efforts for change to benifit your and everyones game is totaly up to you. It appears you dont wish to be involved in that effort, and your only reason for posting here is too attempt to annoy pirates. If youre not intrested in the actual subject of this thread, then please take your issues to a different thread.

pirates smirates
06-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Pirates, i thought we established a different thread for that. I think everyone gets your point, as i have stated before. You hate pirates, blah, blah, blah. We know, we get it. Go discuss your hatred in the appropiate thread. Were discussing completely different matters here. Im just as likely to hit you with or without the posting, which seems to be the purpose of your post. Whetehr or not you join in our efforts for change to benifit your and everyones game is totaly up to you. It appears you dont wish to be involved in that effort, and your only reason for posting here is too attempt to annoy pirates. If youre not intrested in the actual subject of this thread, then please take your issues to a different thread.

I don't hate pirates. I pity you.

Wdigeorge
06-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Edited for accuracy.

Again with the thread crap by someone who doesnt understand common courtesy and the need to stay on topic. Like speed ump said, there is an entire thread dedicated to those who has a beef with the pirates and voice your griefs there.

Stop your immature behavior here where the adults are talking. We are trying to get something positive accomplished for the good of all players.

CAPT.GIN
06-13-2012, 07:46 AM
So speed ump how did you become a pirate???

GRW
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Pirates smirates...the post ... I pity you? Why post here? It's a gold ban thread! Pity me on the correct thread! All this does is water down the issues that speed ump outlines! We can try and keep it on track so that funzio know how passionately we feel a out this... You ain't helping! Have a go on the correct thread!

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 02:12 PM
So to help out what are we writing in our walls?... Is it a catchphrase somebody is making up or just a simple don't buy gold, support the gold boycott?.....I'm willing to help but I'm
Not quite the writing demon as you can tell.

Poopenshire
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Sorry to go on topic but, I am concerned our bickering and fighting in this tread may cause people to not take it seriously. So stop the stupid comments and snide remarks. Smirates stop egging people on, and Sesq please take it to another thread. As a gold buyer I would like to see this succeed and be taken seriously.

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Seq, I wrote one with all the asterisks, you can just retype it on your board, someone with more knowledge than explained why it did that, but you can read the message. My idea is to get it simple and to the point, something that some one can read in a few seconds. Mcdoc also posted something here with the same basic ideas, but more lengthly. I did not list reasons for the ban other than the defective product and service, as different people see the issues differently. This way it can apply to all, and be short enough to get read, unlike some of my posts here.

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey poop, seqs last post had nothing negative in it, so it appears he understands.

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Seq, I wrote one with all the asterisks, you can just retype it on your board, someone with more knowledge than explained why it did that, but you can read the message. My idea is to get it simple and to the point, something that some one can read in a few seconds. Mcdoc also posted something here with the same basic ideas, but more lengthly. I did not list reasons for the ban other than the defective product and service, as different people see the issues differently. This way it can apply to all, and be short enough to get read, unlike some of my posts here.

Got it, I'll go back a couple of pages and look it up...count me in for helping though...

Poopenshire
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
None of my post was about people's last posts. I should have been more clear. I asking for some general consideration such that we don't flood this thread.

Edit: I have been in big D for the last few days and am catching up more now that I home and not in negotiations.

Poopenshire
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah my mistake I goofed up.

Agent Orange
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah my mistake I goofed up.

It's ok, we're all back on the same page which is the most important thing....

Poopenshire
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Would it make Everyone feel better if I said I feel like big stinking pile of ....

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Just saw capt gins thread about funzio being the new aol. I know we've had a few of the more neagtive comments posted here, but most have tried to look at it as a problem solving discussion as opposed to bashing. Bashing dosnt fix things. Vent your frustrations into a way to make yourself heard and a viable way to effect change.

Crime City Mark
06-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Just saw capt gins thread about funzio being the new aol. I know we've had a few of the more neagtive comments posted here, but most have tried to look at it as a problem solving discussion as opposed to bashing. Bashing dosnt fix things. Vent your frustrations into a way to make yourself heard and a viable way to effect change.

Big support to that sentiment.

Khimsoo
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM

Agree. Why not post the list of issues types that Funzio has at the moment and we can vote the ones to be fixed according to our priority? Every company has limited team and resources to fix problem. We, as customers, also would like some of the issues to be fixed.

Also, this list can be sticky so that everyone knows that others had encountered the same issue, no new tickets to support team. Funzio just need to refer to the list and response on the patch date and time. :)
I believe most of us r reasonable folks and we stepped in because we r concerned too. (I even dream abt modern war last night, crap).

give it a try and see how's things go.

Jp lfs
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Can we work together to simplify our complaint about the rivals list to one simple sentence? For example:

"We should only be able to attack or be attacked by rivals we can see, and who can see us back, and the list needs to be opened up to a larger range at every level."

I am open to editing this, but if we can simplify one of the suggestions to a single sentence we all agree on, it might help.

Jp lfs
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
My further thoughts on the list are that even in the extremely low levels, it is difficult to complete Force Degradation missions if you are below max allies. And you often can't see below your own ally number, although those players can see you. At higher levels, you can see further up and down, but the problem sometimes changes from ally numbers to your level number. Either way, all through the game, at every level and ally count, you are usually able to attack someone who can not find you on their list to check your stats before they attack back. Or you are getting attacked by players who you can never find. This has always seemed unfair to me. But this is my explanation... I still feel like a single sentence that we can unify behind would help.

stricker
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
My further thoughts on the list are that even in the extremely low levels, it is difficult to complete Force Degradation missions if you are below max allies. And you often can't see below your own ally number, although those players can see you. At higher levels, you can see further up and down, but the problem sometimes changes from ally numbers to your level number. Either way, all through the game, at every level and ally count, you are usually able to attack someone who can not find you on their list to check your stats before they attack back. Or you are getting attacked by players who you can never find. This has always seemed unfair to me. But this is my explanation... I still feel like a single sentence that we can unify behind would help.

...hey jp. could you repeat that, but this time in just one simple sentence!!! ;p

Selfproclaimed
06-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I wonder. If they did a gold sale right now. Would a lot of the people end up buying more gold,lol

Jp lfs
06-13-2012, 09:15 PM
"We should only be able to attack or be attacked by rivals we can see, and who can see us back, and the list needs to be opened up to a larger range at every level."

How is that, strick?