PDA

View Full Version : Funzio please switch up the Event Common Loot Items

Rhino72
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
At this point I think everybody is ready for some new event items to come out of opened boxes. I know higher level players are especially looking for changes because most of the items don't really add anything to our stats (especially if you have spent gold for items). Unless I am completely overwhelmed by the end prize item I no longer have any incentive to use gold to open or reset boxes (from a business standpoint this is not good for the company). Sure the end prize is a great item but the risk of getting 25K, EU Baton, Col vest, Enhanced bike even 125K doesn't give me the incentive to risk gold anymore.

Hopefully you have some new exciting developments in the future but if you don't can you add this to the list of needs / wants.

Thanks

Soopajake
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I second that motion, your honor.

Swingle007
06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Yep, I've stopped risking gold opening boxes now as well, as 90% of the time it's something that provides no benefit at all. Respect and the event items 1-10 are the only good things left until changes are made IMO.

Throw in a sarin gas grenade, napalm, chain whip, exelero, or something worthwhile now and then if you wanna jazz it up. Attack explosives would be awesome despite the fact that they would eventually get used up. Even a short term benefit beats my 100th friggin baton!

Tony 432847666
06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Totally agree. Please change.

DenZ1
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I second that motion, your honor.

3rd.. and no last

Ramshutu
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
1.) The loot items should be tiered, as the main event reward items are so that low levels get items such as enhanced bike and EU security batons.

2.) The higher level loot should be marginally better than existing rewards.

3.) Treat the rewards a bit like crates, with common, uncommon and rare items. It is not a good idea to spend 15 gold and get a fair chance of getting a LOT of items that are not in line with other item prices, but it is fair to have a small chance of getting, say a 50/50 item (but not every time). I'm not sure if this is what is currently done.

There is balancing required here between rewarding gold and cash investment and flooding the game with an event based version of the M4a1.

cookie monster
06-08-2012, 02:08 PM
1.) The loot items should be tiered, as the main event reward items are so that low levels get items such as enhanced bike and EU security batons.

2.) The higher level loot should be marginally better than existing rewards.

3.) Treat the rewards a bit like crates, with common, uncommon and rare items. It is not a good idea to spend 15 gold and get a fair chance of getting a LOT of items that are not in line with other item prices, but it is fair to have a small chance of getting, say a 50/50 item (but not every time). I'm not sure if this is what is currently done.

There is balancing required here between rewarding gold and cash investment and flooding the game with an event based version of the M4a1.

I could get on board with this. I'm at a point where I don't hate the items I'm getting. They've raised my floor substantially, but if I had a fleet of top-top respect point items (only lvl 88 for me, now), I'd definitely be sick of getting these things by now.

I think the items should be a step up from what's the above average player would have or do what they're doing for me... providing depth, so that when I add henchmen, they have more impact.

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
What would you like to see instead?

joaquim
06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Everything in post #6.

dudeman
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
CCM,

Even if you use items that have been used before, I think many people just like seeing something different.

Maybe category specific events would be neat. Only melee items one event, armor for another, etc.

Things we have seen before like FBI vans and Pimp's Lowriders are better than the stuff we see in every single one of the past several events.

Consumable explosives would also be better than a fail to open.

Just some suggestions.

Ramshutu
06-08-2012, 02:47 PM

The loot quality is okay for < 120, IMO. For big stat people it will have less of an impact, but on average the current items for this level will have a reasonable impact. An explosive item would be good, though!

For > 120, the minimum stats, imo, should be around that of the mid tier respect items. You may want to also add a separate tier for > 160, as there is more stat differences between these levels as there are between 1 an 120.

There should be uncommon items that have equivalent stats to high level RP items, which should drop at 20% of the rate of the base level items. (ie for every 5 EU batons, a player would get, say 1 admin baton)

On top of this, there should be some items obtainable that are equivalent of the 9 item reward. The drop rates should be such that a player may obtain 1-2 per event.

Rhino72
06-08-2012, 02:48 PM

I like the idea about if spending gold to open you have a chance to possibly get some kind of crate item but I can see where you might have issues with it. For the highest tier maybe you can replace the items with the items that drop from the end bosses in Octagon Alley or the Black Market? You can rotate those items because most of those items still give a positive stat increase. The 25K or 125K items that popped up when I used gold in the past would be the most frustrating so I am all for getting rid of cash at the highest tier.

Mikecore
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I totally agree with everybody...

Since the events are non stopable for quite a while, loot items should be altered...

I would like to have the chance to win a m4 a1 for example since I did not have the time to farm for it...

You could also recycle the lower rank items from past events...

Lionheart3239
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
CCM, is it possible to add like a fourth open option (desperate measure), Where it is guaranteeing you to get the final prize, granted I know it will be costly. But many would pick that option, instead of being discouraged to use gold because you still might not get the final prize using the other methods.

With the loot what about bringing the M4A1 gun, or something from past events but at low rates.
Or you could enhance the prize we get when gold is used, (like a better loot or more power/defense, money, etc....)

Just suggestions.... Let me know what you think.

jaywalker
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
You should change them to something like:

Norwegian Security Baton 1/1
Crashed Bike 0/1
Ice Pick 1/0

CCM, is it possible to add like a fourth open option (desperate measure), Where it is guaranteeing you to get the final prize, granted I know it will be costly. But many would pick that option, instead of being discouraged to use gold because you still might not get the final prize using the other methods.

With the loot what about bringing the M4A1 gun, or something from past events but at low rates.
Or you could enhance the prize we get when gold is used, (like a better loot or more power/defense, money, etc....)

Just suggestions.... Let me know what you think.

You should add a 4th one that would be:

Use 25 Coffer for 100% chance to open 1 Coffer.

Lionheart3239
06-08-2012, 04:48 PM
You should add a 4th one that would be:

Use 25 Coffer for 100% chance to open 1 Coffer.

Or you could make 25 posts on the CC Forum and land on the moon and watch Twilight with a wear-wolf, and stand on your head and buy more gold and sleep walk at night while playing funzio games and go to the ice-cream shop you bought with gold and invite Mobster Mike to your mafia and add a 5th option to reset your rivals earned prizes and make a M8A2 Gun and make titanium guns that beat the gold guns and make 25 more post and repeat all the previous steps while running straight into a wall to improve your chances of opening a coffer.

joaquim
06-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Or you could make 25 posts on the CC Forum and land on the moon and watch Twilight with a wear-wolf, and stand on your head and buy more gold and sleep walk at night while playing funzio games and go to the ice-cream shop you bought with gold and invite Mobster Mike to your mafia and add a 5th option to reset your rivals earned prizes and make a M8A2 Gun and make titanium guns that beat the gold guns and make 25 more post and repeat all the previous steps while running straight into a wall to improve your chances of opening a coffer.

Reading all of that gave me a headache.

joaquim
06-08-2012, 04:59 PM
What I would like to see is when you open a box but it's a weapon, what happens is the weapon you get's attack/defense is determined by level/2,3,4,or 5. The lower the # you divide by, the higher the attack of the weapon will be and you divide it by one number higher for the defense if it's a weapon used for attacking(or the higher the defense if it's a defensive weapon. Or divide both by the same # if it's a neutral weapon like the NVG). But the chances of getting a weapon where the # is divided by 2 is much lower since the stats are higher so it would take a lot of shots to get one.

Here's an example

I am at level 93.
93/2 = 46.5 rounded up= 47
93/3 = 31
47/31 These would be the best stats for an attacking weapon at my level or the other way around for a defensive weapon or both would be the same for a neutral weapon.

Hope this wasn't very complicated for you guys to understand. If it was, tell me and I'll try to make it clearer.

QPR
06-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Like every event it is rigged. Funzio look at home much real world cash you have spent on the game in the past and reward the end items to the highest in said bracket. Don't waste your money save it

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 06:09 PM
We're swapping the common items in the update after the one that's coming out. I'll let you know when I have more details.

joaquim
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
We're swapping the common items in the update after the one that's coming out. I'll let you know when I have more details.

When is the update that's coming out come out?

Crime City Mark
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
With the next event. So basically the event will start with the same items, and then Monday or Tuesday we'll swap in new items.

joaquim
06-08-2012, 06:15 PM
With the next event. So basically the event will start with the same items, and then Monday or Tuesday we'll swap in new items.

Ok. Thanks for the update.

QPR
06-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Thanks Mark for the update

Rhino72
06-08-2012, 06:33 PM

I am going to pat myself on the back and say mission accomplished for this thread. Good job rhino, good job!

dudeman
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I am going to pat myself on the back and say mission accomplished for this thread. Good job rhino, good job!

:cool: Way to go dude!

Swingle007
06-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Munch on it
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Good stuff hope its some cool items that we can't already get

Eyelusion
06-08-2012, 09:53 PM

These types of posts from Mark are so awesome. I love that he's reading, listening, replying and then implementing some of the ideas on the forum. Very, very cool!

Brooklyn Boy
06-08-2012, 09:56 PM
These types of posts from Mark are so awesome. I love that he's reading, listening, replying and then implementing some of the ideas on the forum. Very, very cool!

Couldn't agree more. A little goes a long way!

Feng1234
06-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Imagine if the neW items actually sucked than the old ones :P

Eyelusion
06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Imagine if the neW items actually sucked than the old ones :P

Haha...wait, that's not funny! :mad:

The Billionaire
06-09-2012, 06:33 PM
CCM

Any progress with doing something about the layout of our inventory's? They're such a mess! We need to be able to sort by "Best Attack" & "Best Defence" so players can see where they need to improve.

The Mob list also needs looking at. It's so long having to scroll through 1000 people just to find one hood you want to visit. Get rid of the "VIP" tab and have a "Mobsters" or "Dons" tab where we can put the hoods we visit the most into.

and everything everyone else has said sounds great. Good work guys!

joaquim
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM
CCMark, I also came up with an idea for what to do with respect.

Money has 2 continuous purposes: Buildings and weapons
Gold has 3 continuous purposes: Buildings, weapons, and crates
Respect has 1 continuous purpose: Weapons

Why not take away one of the continuous purposes for gold and have respect have it that way each type of currency can have 2 continuous purposes. But if you're gonna do this, the buildings or crates wouldn't cost the same respect as gold because that would be super cheap for respect. Instead why not multiply the gold cost by 10 and that's the respect it would take to buy that thing. Here's an example:

A Palm Hotel costs 500 gold. That would be super cheap for 500 Respect so 500*10= 5000 Respect That's a more reasonable price
3 Crates costs 160 gold. Again super cheap for 160 Respect so 160*10= 1600 Respect for 3 Crates That's a more reasonable price

CCMark if you're reading this could you reply to it and tell me what you think.

JuSt.SiCk
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
5000 Rp.. I could do this in a day.. Also if they would change this, Funzio wouldn't earn any money cause nobody wanna buy Gold then. I like the idea but this will never happen i guess.

joaquim
06-09-2012, 07:11 PM
5000 Rp.. I could do this in a day.. Also if they would change this, Funzio wouldn't earn any money cause nobody wanna buy Gold then. I like the idea but this will never happen i guess.

Yea but if it was respect for crates, people would still buy gold but for other money buildings and other weapons. While if it was respect for money buildings, people would still buy gold for equipment. People would still buy gold but I guess Funzio would still end up seeing a decrease in profits. Maybe they could also make an option where you can buy respect. The problem with this though would be that it would end up like the buy money option where not many people use it because they can earn money and respect.

PawnXIIX
06-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea but if it was respect for crates, people would still buy gold but for other money buildings and other weapons.

No I'd never buy gold again if I could get 9 gold items minimum a day from crates. I bought gold once and i'm still holding out for when I have 9 items.

Robbing alone I pull mental amount of RP from enemies.