PDA

View Full Version : Can there be more than two monster bosses in the same map?

lucita
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen more than two monster bosses in the same map?

It may be difficult to make a clear cut definition of what a boss is (as previously I've asked whether the Ocean Giant in the Shipwreak Cove is really a boss that may require killing in one shot), but for the sake of discussion let's say it's a monster that gives you more than 4k cash in reward.

Thanks and looking forward to hear your thoughts!

The_Red
06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has seen more than two monster bosses in the same map?

It may be difficult to make a clear cut definition of what a boss is (as previously I've asked whether the Ocean Giant in the Shipwreak Cove is really a boss that may require killing in one shot), but for the sake of discussion let's say it's a monster that gives you more than 4k cash in reward.

Thanks and looking forward to hear your thoughts!

In some of the later maps - I see the mid-level bosses respawning and one can have a couple of them at the same time.For example, I currently see two Mutated Horror's on the final map.

On this note, I been noticing that the big bosses don't appear to respawn on the maps - has anyone seen one of the guys on the late maps respawn? (FE - one of the guys that dump out 10-15k in gold.)

lucita
06-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I can have two Mutated Horror plus Bone Lord at the same time.

For the 4th last to the 2nd last map:
I don't have issues getting the No.1 bosses (Kraken's Eye, Ancient Magician, Primal King) & No.3 bosses (Ocean Giant, Unearthed Ruler, Boreas) again and again, but I never see No.2 bosses after killing them once (Kraken, Dreadful Queen, Primal Socerer).

Do you guys have the same problem?

The_Red
06-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Ive seen the Dreadful Queen twice, but since switching from the iPad to the iPhone she has disappeared and I no longer see any of the #1 bosses. :/

MSH
06-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Have seen both, Kraken and Kraken's Eye respawn after enough minor guys on that map were killed. Sad thing for me was that neither Kraken, nor the Eye dropped anything worthwhile when killed, and it took so much energy to deal with each of them that I am highly reluctant to repeat the experience :( Oh well, my loot harvesting over the lst couple of week is seriously subpar in any map somehow...

Hobtuse
06-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Actually from my experiences in the game, I noticed a few things regarding this topic:

1) Every map has only a single boss and a few sub-bosses. You always get a main quest to kill a boss monster in every map and after clearing some quests or the previous map, you get a quest that wants you to kill a rare creature (sub-boss).
2) Each boss spawns twice. Kill it once for the quest reward, kill it the 2nd time round and it's gone (from personal experience).
3) Each sub-boss spawns as long as you keep killing the creatures in the map

E.g. Shipwreck Cove
Kraken - Main Boss.
Kraken's Eye - Sub-Boss.
Ocean Giant - Perhaps a Sub-Boss.
Despite the Kraken's Eye being significantly stronger than the Kraken, the Kraken is the main boss and probably does not spawn after two kills. While the Kraken's Eye will keep spawning if you carry on killing creatures in the map.

Some more example(s):
Mountain of Blessings
Defiler - Boss
Devouring Devil - Sub-Boss

The Dreadful Thicket
Dreadful Queen - Boss
Ancient Magician - Sub-Boss
Unearthed Ruler - Perhaps a Sub-Boss

I might be wrong on a few counts but generally that's my experience in the game and a lot of boss monsters haven't spawned for me after I killed them the 2nd time (e.g. Frog King, Basilisk in Sea of Flames, while sub-boss monsters continue to spawn for me.

The best way to prove the theory would be on the lower maps where you can continually kill boss monster/ sub-boss monster to attempt to prove that boss monsters spawn more than once. However when you do the first few maps, you just want to kill the creatures with low energy requirement so as to get the quest done asap.

spectra
06-16-2012, 01:07 AM
In some of the later maps - I see the mid-level bosses respawning and one can have a couple of them at the same time.For example, I currently see two Mutated Horror's on the final map.

On this note, I been noticing that the big bosses don't appear to respawn on the maps - has anyone seen one of the guys on the late maps respawn? (FE - one of the guys that dump out 10-15k in gold.)

in the last map, the bone lord, after being killed, "returns" as one of the other monsters (slug, worker, horror) you have to kill him in "its new forms" a few times for it to become the bone lord again
I have the map at lv-3, he has about 700+ life and drops $15,919 right now plus good loot

lucita
06-16-2012, 04:03 AM
>Hobtuse: well written response! My observations are exactly the same as yours and it's always good to get a 2nd voice for more clarity on the black box mechanics of the game. (Small correction to my 2nd posting on this thread is that I now remember seeing No.2 bosses for the 2nd time :p )

>spectra: thx for printing out the cash reward figure.
I didn't notice that cash return can go up! I don't think they go up because of the lvl of the maps because I'm still on lvl1 for the last map but my Mutated Horror's return has already gone from $4,925 to $5,171. The increase could be due to i) the # of kills of the same monster, ii) my own lvl, or both. I need to do some experiments and hopefully I can get something useful to be shared here.

MaverickMunkey
06-16-2012, 05:01 AM
I have found that the payouts for all the monsters increases on each level of a map you master.