PDA

View Full Version : rookie equipment questions...

pawpaw
06-08-2012, 03:08 AM
sorry to ask questions that have to be posted somewhere, but i looked and just couldnt find these below.

is there a list of which units can use what equipment? most are obvious, but there are some that i have trouble with. for example:

scepters, horns, 'canopic cudgel', staves, mace, 'vainglory's nail', pikes, 'bog reapers', 'stonefury core'...

regarding armor, would it be safe to say all robes and tunics are for Magic units, and everything else for Infantry units?

also, do i have to have archers/scouts/skeletal guard to use my bows, pikeman for my spears, and berserkers/executioners for my axes in order for them to be used in battles?

would it be difficult for you guys to show under the profile/units a total number of infantry units, magic units, machine units and beast units, then, under profile/equipment show a total of infantry weapons/armor and magic weapons/armor? it sure would save some time when trying to make sure these pieces of the game that go together are as balanced as possible.

also, if it's possible, it would be beneficial if the weapons and armor tabs in the profile be listed in order from strongest to weakest. as of this post, i have 2 rows, 70 pieces wide, of weapons, with only 4 per row fitting on the screen. if it could be worked out to have them in strength order, it would make it easier to check out the newest piece from PVE and to make sure you have enough of the right units to use your strongest weapons/armor.

thanks for your time, and any help on any of the questions above would be outstanding and much appreciated.

Skoty422
06-08-2012, 05:41 AM
As for equipment, your army uses 1 armor and 1 weapon for each unit. It does not matter what the unit is.
As for the equipment being used for your hero, yes it matters. If you are Mage then your hero will automatically equip the best weapon and armor that you have that is in your class. You may have a better weapon, but it may not be compatable with your hero class so it won't show as your strongest weapon on your profile. There is a spreadsheet which is user friendly and is used by a lot of us here on the forums. Its a google doc so you are allowed to edit and add to help compile the list. Search "spreadsheet" to find it. I don't have the link. On that spreadsheet it will help with telling you what class hero can use what weapon/armor. The list is incomplete so feel free to pitch in. A lot of the data is from preupdate so the loot drops may vary.

Welcome to the board.

FisK
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) for the datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) that Shoty was talking about