PDA

View Full Version : FNG...

Archer59
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I've been playing since April and just discovered this forum. I've been reading the posts and on a number of occassions I've noticed players advocating keeping their "allies" number down...relative term I know. What is the advantage of keeping your allies at a certain level?

Ramshutu
06-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I've been playing since April and just discovered this forum. I've been reading the posts and on a number of occassions I've noticed players advocating keeping their "allies" number down...relative term I know. What is the advantage of keeping your allies at a certain level?

Your rival list is populated with people of 'similar' ally counts, the range is variable to an extent. It means that if you have, say, 100 allies, you won't be seen by those with 500. The players that you can see, or be seen by is known as your "bracket".

This allows you to keep your 100 allies filled with top notch units, and allows you to become one of the top of your bracket, without worrying that you will be completely beat down by those who have lots of allies and lots of units.

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 01:42 PM
750+ allies at level 24?? thats a few too many i think..

Ramshutu
06-07-2012, 01:44 PM

Any number of allies over 500 is treated as 500 for the purposes of your bracket.

Bronson
06-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Yeah I would trim it down by around 700!

Nice to see you over here Fizz!

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Nice to see you over here Fizz!

You too! How are you doing with the latest event? you at 10 yet? :p

Bronson
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
You too! How are you doing with the latest event? you at 10 yet? :p

Don't be silly of course I'm not!! I got to 7 and now I am no longer participating, I don't want to lvl up lose all my valor units spend 75k every hour to end up on 8 lol

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't be silly of course I'm not!! I got to 7 and now I am no longer participating, I don't want to lvl up lose all my valor units spend 75k every hour to end up on 8 lol
I understand that, but if you dont try , you'll never succeed! Im still stuck on 7, why im bothering I dont know, cus im camping to get my stats up, so the +1 valor is no good to me lol

Bronson
06-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I understand that, but if you dont try , you'll never succeed! Im still stuck on 7, why im bothering I dont know, cus im camping to get my stats up, so the +1 valor is no good to me lol

That's also the reason I don't really want to bother, the +1 valor for raiding is the worst prize they have given us so I'm going to hold tight on this one and wait for a decent prize then I'll go all out for it!

Your good at getting 10 on the wrong events so I wouldn't be surprised if you get 10 again ;)

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
That's also the reason I don't really want to bother, the +1 valor for raiding is the worst prize they have given us so I'm going to hold tight on this one and wait for a decent prize then I'll go all out for it!

Your good at getting 10 on the wrong events so I wouldn't be surprised if you get 10 again ;)

Youre right there! Its not the best prize by any stretch! Hmm, I dunno about this one, I get the feeling Im not going to get it...

Bronson
06-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Youre right there! Its not the best prize by any stretch! Hmm, I dunno about this one, I get the feeling Im not going to get it...

Don't let funzio dictate your strategy of you want to camp then camp.

Also stop smiling your confusin me :)

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Don't let funzio dictate your strategy of you want to camp then camp.

Also stop smiling your confusin me :)

I am, but I kinda feel like I cant not open the boxes lol. I love that quote, its so true!

Bronson
06-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I am, but I kinda feel like I cant not open the boxes lol. I love that quote, its so true!

I was sat on 3 boxes so used the free option for 2 grunts and a mech rover then didn't bother getting any more. It is very tough knowing that little icon is in the corner but atleast I get a good nights sleep!

Yep that quote is great you should put a smilie by it :)

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 03:10 PM
I was sat on 3 boxes so used the free option for 2 grunts and a mech rover then didn't bother getting any more. It is very tough knowing that little icon is in the corner but atleast I get a good nights sleep!

Im doing really well on the grunt front, none so far...ill have a load now ive said that! I was just thinking, the OP is gonna be well happy with all the replies to the thread...

Archer59
06-07-2012, 03:17 PM

That's what I was beginning to think...I got caught-up in collecting them, then started invites on opponents who lost when they attacked/raided, and it began to take off. Thanks for the input.

JohnnyR
06-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey ladyfizz, off topic but how's digitalwalker doing? Pretty sure it was you he was helping, haven't seen him in ages 'round these parts.

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 03:20 PM
That's what I was beginning to think...I got caught-up in collecting them, then started invites on opponents who lost when they attacked/raided, and it began to take off. Thanks for the input.

No problem, I cant help you with an ideal number, but im level 65 and i only have 90ish rivals. And sorry for hi-jacking your thread :)

ladyfizz27
06-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey ladyfizz, off topic but how's digitalwalker doing? Pretty sure it was you he was helping, haven't seen him in ages 'round these parts.

Hey,yep it was me, he was amazing! Ive been wondering the same thing myself, I havent seen him for a long long time. :(

Archer59
06-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Your rival list is populated with people of 'similar' ally counts, the range is variable to an extent. It means that if you have, say, 100 allies, you won't be seen by those with 500. The players that you can see, or be seen by is known as your "bracket".

This allows you to keep your 100 allies filled with top notch units, and allows you to become one of the top of your bracket, without worrying that you will be completely beat down by those who have lots of allies and lots of units.

So theoretically, if I have a bunch of allies at my level and I am strong for my level (which I am; very) although my bracket may be filled with others of similar allie numbers, I should be able to compete if I choose to keep the number high. Yes? I appreciate the input. I think I will trim it down; now just need to figure how far. Thanks.

Ramshutu
06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
So theoretically, if I have a bunch of allies at my level and I am strong for my level (which I am; very) although my bracket may be filled with others of similar allie numbers, I should be able to compete if I choose to keep the number high. Yes? I appreciate the input. I think I will trim it down; now just need to figure how far. Thanks.

Yes. That's correct. However part of this maybe down to your level. Remember, while you have 750 allies, because of your level, you can only use 120 of them (24x5) the limits for allies is 5x your level, or 500, whichever is smaller.

Poopenshire
06-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Read here it helps
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-%28read-first-post%29

Archer59
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
No problem, I cant help you with an ideal number, but im level 65 and i only have 90ish rivals. And sorry for hi-jacking your thread :)

Thanks for the input and the "hi-jacking" consideration...no problem.

Mcdoc
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
The best reason for you to drop down to under 100 allies is to find your sweet spot where you bring you most awesome units into battle that give you the best stats possible - but that sweet spot lets you see people with about 1/3 of your allies - so say you were at 100 allies - you should hunt for folks with 35 to 40 allies ( or fewer ) for the SOLE purpose of cutting your Casuakty rate WAY down.

When you dominate your rivals stats - you lose less units in each battle.

THAT my friend is the secret reason for lowering your Allie count :)

siL
06-07-2012, 11:53 PM
The best reason for you to drop down to under 100 allies is to find your sweet spot where you bring you most awesome units into battle that give you the best stats possible - but that sweet spot lets you see people with about 1/3 of your allies - so say you were at 100 allies - you should hunt for folks with 35 to 40 allies ( or fewer ) for the SOLE purpose of cutting your Casuakty rate WAY down.

When you dominate your rivals stats - you lose less units in each battle.

THAT my friend is the secret reason for lowering your Allie count :)

But of course this has it's side effect...
with the new BP system that they implement, if you're waaay stronger then your rival, then the amount of BP earned fighting those players will suck big time... (so what's the point in beefing up our army right??)