PDA

View Full Version : Do Ally Stats have any impact on you?

BooMan
06-07-2012, 03:09 AM
I have noticed that a lot of people post comments like "Daily Player" or "High A/D" when seeking allies. I did not think that the stats of your allies had any bearing on their effect to your own stats or am I wrong?

My belief is that adding an ally allows you to bring 3 additional units (each with a weapon & armour item) into battle but these come from your own inventory. If this is the case (and I may be mistaken) what is the difference between having all Lvl1 allies and all Lvl 75 allies?

Furthermore, why do some players "cleanse" their ally lists of anyone who is deemed to be weak or too low a level? This must surely only have a detrimental effect on their own stats?

Explanations welcome!!

Thx

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 03:24 AM
You are correct, people post those things to attract more people to add them.

CounterSniper
06-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Advertising daily player is pointless but letting someone know your stats if you're actually strong is wise. I used this to my advantage in CC all the time.

You run across someone who is strong so you tell them you want to ally and what your a/d is. If they are half way intelligent they will ally with you as a result. Dont lie though, I always checked new allies stats immediately and booted them if they did lie.

Cleaning Ally list---You clean the weak to make room for the strong. It gives you more people to stomp (if they're at your lvl) and less people to worry about.

You can go above 500 but go too high and then you risk glitches like ghost allies and the 1000 ally bug leaving the only fix to have support wipe ALL your allies and start over.

Also, you referenced level 75. Just an fyi. The cap is 200 now.

BooMan
06-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the replies - I didn't think it made any difference and I appreciate the reasoning behind the cleanse approach now.

The cap is 200 now?? Damn! I was thinking that I was getting closer (am at 58 now), seems there is a lot more mountain to climb yet then....

CounterSniper
06-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the replies - I didn't think it made any difference and I appreciate the reasoning behind the cleanse approach now.

The cap is 200 now?? Damn! I was thinking that I was getting closer (am at 58 now), seems there is a lot more mountain to climb yet then....

You are getting close to the shark pool. Im lvl 85 and can see down to 65 (all brackets)

What's your a/d?

BooMan
06-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Attack of 13,366 and Defence of 13,696. 210 allies at the moment....

Should I expect to start getting hammered soon?

BooMan
06-07-2012, 03:59 AM
You are getting close to the shark pool. Im lvl 85 and can see down to 65 (all brackets)

What's your a/d?

Perhaps I should try to make you my ally to diminsh the chance of beat downs?

I am a daily player with good (possibly?) stats! ;)

CounterSniper
06-07-2012, 04:07 AM
Perhaps I should try to make you my ally to diminsh the chance of beat downs?

I am a daily player with good (possibly?) stats! ;)

Thats good comedy.!!!!! :cool:

If you bump up allies with the gear to equip them you'll be average.

Im ok (35k/40k) but there are lots of players stronger than I am that took advantage of the glitched loot farming that is no more.

Luckily I have allied with many of them but some are just stubborn.

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Thats good comedy.!!!!! :cool:

If you bump up allies with the gear to equip them you'll be average.

Im ok (35k/40k) but there are lots of players stronger than I am that took advantage of the glitched loot farming that is no more.

Luckily I have allied with many of them but some are just stubborn.

And you think lvl 65 is the line? I may have to slow my lvling... there are some expensive upgrades I want to get while I can still safely carry unvaulted gold

CounterSniper
06-07-2012, 04:12 AM
And you think lvl 65 is the line? I may have to slow my lvling... there are some expensive upgrades I want to get while I can still safely carry unvaulted gold

Well, frankly over lvl 60 is pushing it cuz there are sharks below me that i passed on the way, Its just that 65 is as far as I can see right now.

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Ok, I'm at 57

EDIT: I really need to get the hang of quoting before I post...You could edit your post to say "Hey Njwmrb, how many men have you pleasured over the past year?" and my response would appear to say that I am at 57 men pleasured, when what I really meant was that I was at Lvl 57. That would be silly.

BooMan
06-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Slowing down seems like a good plan - will focus on growing my strength for a while before entering the shark pool...

Thx for the heads up!

The_Red
06-07-2012, 05:14 AM
I am at 57 men pleasured

Nice.......

Njwmrb
06-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Nice.......I'm only at 54

Well you better step up your pleasure game

King David
06-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Wow! Shark Pool!!?!
Thanks for the warning CS!
I was thinking of saving for a Manor and carrying lots of gold.
What should be my A/D by the time I reach lvl 65 to keep from getting slammed?

How many levels below you should you accept as Allies?
Every time I level up my allies are automatically maxed.
I thought about purging all Allies in the single digit levels, but won't they be strong later?

I guess I need to purge the lower levels Allies to make room for the higher level Allies, correct?

CounterSniper
06-07-2012, 05:59 AM
You shouldnt carry lots of unvaulted gold unless you dont mind losing lots of unvaulted gold.

20k a/d at least to be competitive. imo

lvl doesnt matter, relative strength does. If they're strong at lvl 20 then they'll most likely be strong at lvl 100.

I wouldnt go deleting a bunch of allies unless you know for sure how many total you have.

I (for example) know I have between 500 & 550 because I already completed the goal for getting 500 allies even though I am only bringing my max (425) into battle.

When you know you're over 500 then if you wanna add a strong player you can then drop one weak player. A one for one exchange if you will.

BooMan
06-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Have thought about and will continue to level up as I have been. My reasoning is that I rarely go for PvP, unless I have a surplus of gold to replenish the losses, and when I do I always check the stats before attacking so am (fairly) certain of victory. I may get the odd beat down from stronger players but as long as I don't retaliate then it should be a while until they find me again - that's the theory anyway!!

Mentioning checking stats - it makes me smile how few people seem to do that. I often get hit by people with several thousand less attack than my defence - and not just once either. There is a guy who hits me at least twice a day who is now 6k below my defence yet every day he goes at it again? His battle losses are over 1500 whilst his wins are around 600. Do not understand the mentality myself! Why keep doing it when you know you will lose? It's not as if it even costs me any units so there is not even a victory there.....

King David
06-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks CS!

Vile Lynn
06-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi CS! :cool: Great advice, again. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

BooMan - I get that a lot, too... senseless, random attacks. Sometimes I think they must be kids &/or have no clue how to play. It took me a few early levels in CC before I figured out why I lost an attack & learned from it, quick! I think your theory is good! :)

IMHO, PvP makes for a stronger player because dropped items from PvP can be decent enough to increase your stats... but I am still trying to figure out how losing units during PvP fits into the overall equation. Yeah, losing none is best, but that's hard to do even when attacking way weaker rivals. Heh, I almost always lose one Honor unit when fighting a super weak rival until they are too tired.

Freekizh
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I always add and retain lower level and gem/super strong players first. When I need to remove allies, I remove higher level guys.

I let lower level guys look at my stats and progress. I don't want guys at my level or higher that I don't trust checking me out unless they are friends.

The_Red
06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
I always add and retain lower level and gem/super strong players first. When I need to remove allies, I remove higher level guys.

I do as well - Id prefer to have a larger selection of who Id like to raid/attack vs allies with people +/- 3 levels or so.