PDA

View Full Version : PvP Ranking - Rewards

JMC
06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Personally i think the rewards from moving up in the PvP ranks aren't that great. The more powerful valor units definitely help out a free player a lot, but the cash, valor and gold rewards are crap considering how long it takes to advance through the rankings. Especially now with the halved battle point rewards.

I think the current prizes of each ranking should be prized at each subsection of a ranking like the Rookie-Apprentice-1st.

Then for each ranking maybe a small bonus like +1 valor per attack starting from Captain, for a total of +5 valor per attack at Spec ops. Making this boost come in the form of event items, makes for a really crappy event reward. However if it was related to the PvP ranking progression, i think it would be reasonable.

Also possibly a guaranteed money reward when attacking players. Something like a few thousand per ranking. This money wouldn't actually be stolen from the target, but it'd just be a little bit of a bonus to you. Something like $5000 per ranking starting from captain. Meaning a spec ops player receives $25000 per attack done.

What do you guys think? Do you like these ideas or do you think there should be some other sort of reward?

Or do you think the current rewards are sufficient?

Tate
06-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm in agreement with you regarding the bp's due, mainly to the fact that they have reduced the return by one third or more.
In the lower levels, I'm at 63, an attack on someone with 50-60% def compared to my attack only brings between 35 or 6 to around 45 or so, while I was getting upwards of 56-70 or so previously. I just attacked someone within 1500 points or so and received 112 tho.
I would like to see some kind of reward as you have put forward, but I certainly don't expect the devs to pay attention any more today than they have so far, with some of the ideas that have been put forward. I did recieve an email from CJ regarding the unlocking of the valor units and he said that they were supposed to be unlocked once you reach "1st" whatever rank, but that was 2 weeks ago and he stated that the team was looking into it.... Have more to say but just got the "look" so I'll be back!

With so many issues lately, i have been looking for an opportunity to voice my opinions, and this is a good starting point. Thanks, Stephen for starting this thread!

JohnnyR
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm not overly thrilled with the rewards, though I have to say valor reward for spec ops is pretty hefty. The reward to me isn't cash or valor, but unlocking the unit. I'm fine with the way the BP system is set up.

I would like it if there was some sort of benefit to being of higher rank. One way I can think of is to give an increased percentage on raiding buildings. Currently there is 20% that doesn't go anywhere when a player raids a building. I raid, I get 40% the rival gets 40% so that 20% is available to reward, IMO.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I definitely thnk there should be more subset rewards especially up in the higher rankings to spec. Ops. It is a loooooong way to go when you move up the ranks to gain enough battle points at the last two ranks. Unfortunately when I hit spec ops the 100+ attack valor unit may not be much use for me anymore.

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 07:11 PM
I had an oops the other day after they got nerfed and hit someone well above my attack stats (like 5k above).

Won and returned somewhere close to 200 points so the capacity to earn higher points per attack is still around.

Wouldn't recommend it as a long term strategy though....regardless of what CCM states about casualties, mine definitely go up the closer I go to my opponents figures.

Agree with the rest of you that now the goalposts got shifted significantly there needs to be some form of acknowledgement for your efforts.

JMC
06-06-2012, 07:19 PM
yeah it's really not worth it to attack anyone but people that you severely out match. And now those guys only give me 35-55 bp.

Sia
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Personally i think the rewards from moving up in the PvP ranks aren't that great. The more powerful valor units definitely help out a free player a lot, but the cash, valor and gold rewards are crap considering how long it takes to advance through the rankings. Especially now with the halved battle point rewards.

I think the current prizes of each ranking should be prized at each subsection of a ranking like the Rookie-Apprentice-1st.

Then for each ranking maybe a small bonus like +1 valor per attack starting from Captain, for a total of +5 valor per attack at Spec ops. Making this boost come in the form of event items, makes for a really crappy event reward. However if it was related to the PvP ranking progression, i think it would be reasonable.

Also possibly a guaranteed money reward when attacking players. Something like a few thousand per ranking. This money wouldn't actually be stolen from the target, but it'd just be a little bit of a bonus to you. Something like $5000 per ranking starting from captain. Meaning a spec ops player receives $25000 per attack done.

What do you guys think? Do you like these ideas or do you think there should be some other sort of reward?

Or do you think the current rewards are sufficient?

I like the idea. Current ranking system is of little use except the unlocked valor unit which also no use with the death rate and the fact that valor missions finish after 350 mission except for the level mission.

My text is written under influence of Flan school of grammar! :)

commandNconquer
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
pretty good idea i too think the rewards except the units are pretty lame except the 40k and 80k valors and the casssh from spec ops

JMC
06-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Considering how long it will take to get to those ranks, the 40K and 80K valor rewards will also seem very lame lol.

Corsair
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah it is a good idea but poorly implemented (like so much lately). Why even have sub ranks if they don't give you anything? Why make it such a long effort to rank up? Now with the cut points, I'm not sure it's worth paying attention to it. I'll hit Captain in a few days, get the air unit, and from there I really don't care. I do try to hunt players at the higher ranks but most still have lousy stats anyway.

azy
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
The downside of accelerated rewards at every level would be to further widen the gap between the strong and weak players. And that gap is already considerable, judging by my observations and our collective complaining on low BP points. I'm still amazed at how many level 100+ players barely crack the five figures for att/def. Now just imagine if the stronger players, the ones most apt to win fights and get BP, did so at an accelerated pace.

JMC
06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Well you wouldn't earn the rankings any quicker than you earned them before. Just that there would be more rewards in between such as cash and valor rewards at each subsection rather than each ranking level.

KCh
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
The subsections really don't mean anything right now. You don't get a reward when moving up a subsection and nobody can even see if you are a rookie, apprentice or 1st in your ranking.