PDA

View Full Version : Something peculiar

Euchred
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
So yesterday I was trying the whole no Bank thing to test out the new attack system that's now gone. Something weird happened to me after one of my collections.

Basically I collected my 6 hours and then left the app open and took a nap. I come back to realize that someone robbed them 30 minutes after I collected. Since my money was unbanked the game took it from me. What's weirder is that my buildings stayed on sync meaning the building recognized when it was collected but I guess since I didn't do anything that required me to link back with the server it thought that the buildings were still uncollected.

Anyway lesson learned XD.

PawnXIIX
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Basically I collected my 6 hours and then left the app open and took a nap. I come back to realize that someone robbed them 30 minutes after I collected. Since my money was unbanked the game took it from me. What's weirder is that my buildings stayed on sync meaning the building recognized when it was collected but I guess since I didn't do anything that required me to link back with the server it thought that the buildings were still uncollected.

The app usually takes a little time, for me personally, to update the news feeds. There have been times where that exact thing happened to me. I collect the building then even though there is no news feed but I don't collect the complete amount. The news feed takes a long time, sometimes hours to update and tell me that 4/5 attempts failed but somehow they won one :/

Anyway long story short there have even been times where I've been robbed but yet I kept the entire amount as well. The game is buggy and this story sounds about normal :P

Euchred
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Only thing is I collected immediately. So it's literally not a possibility that I was robbed before I collected.

Ramshutu
06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
To ensure that the minimum amount of data is transmitted (when on a phone network this is a good idea), and that 'dodgy connections' do not ruin game experience, collecting buildings, performing missions, etc does not update the server at the moment that you perform the click, it does so every so often, and when you perform particular tasks such as banking.

Banking normally performs a sync with the server, so what likely happened is that you collected and logged out before the game synced you with the server. To the your app, you had collected, to the server and those robbing, you were open for robbery.

A good workaround for this is to bank 10 if you need to log out. This should make sure stuff s fully synced.

Euchred
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Good idea Ramshutu I was also thinking a rivals list refresh would work as well

Oh and if anyone cared I was still able to be attacked 10 times every 2 hours but there was usually a 20 minute delay between the 5 hits.

Also if someone attacked me and I won that counted against the 10 beat downs, so 2 wins and 8 losses from multiple people who happened to try. Then I couldn't get hit for another 2 hours.

Ramshutu
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Good idea Ramshutu I was also thinking a rivals list refresh would work as well

I could be wrong, but I don't think it does. I leave my app on regularly as I run on an iPod with tethering (opened 7th item whist waving at the queen with the other hand), so want to minimise data transfer.

I have found that banking kicks off a full sync (news updates and info such as robberies), but I don't believe refreshing the rival list does, although I could be wrong.

Euchred
06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I'll likely play it safe and bank the 10$ but it will probably happen a few times that I accidentally bank all my money and then promptly start yelling obscenities.

PawnXIIX
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I likely play it safe and bank the 10$ but it will probably happen a few times that I accidentally bank all my money and then promptly start yelling obscenities.

I feel the same way when once I withdrew $760,000 for a loft only to realize I had 6 hours left on a turret :P

Ramshutu
06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I'll likely play it safe and bank the 10$ but it will probably happen a few times that I accidentally bank all my money and then promptly start yelling obscenities.

Or you can bank 1000 and withdraw 1 at a time. This will work the same way.

Spartacus
06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Instead of depositing money will withdrawing money also push an update to the server?

Ramshutu
06-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Instead of depositing money will withdrawing money also push an update to the server?

Yes, that's what I meant by my last post.

Spartacus
06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes, that's what I meant by my last post.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure if I had misinterpreted your posts or not.