PDA

View Full Version : I have a Question (Read)

Gritix
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey Modern War players before you attack somone do you hit raid to check there stats compared to yours so you know you dont lose and let them get payback on you, or do you think that is unfair, or do you just take a chance and just attack anyways.

andymac106
06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I just take the chance

overkill 280
06-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I check their stats first.

Arizona
06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I hit raid mostly and check 'em out. sometimes if I'm bored or can't be bothered I'll just attack. Best policy is to always check your opponent.

magepker
06-06-2012, 03:13 PM
thats dumb. honestly modern war shouldnt show anyone but your allies your defense and attack stats. gives people an unfair advantage.

i just tap anyone and everyone and hope that i get some $ out of it. it takes WAY to much time to load the rivals base and look at there stats.

if you do this. you suck.

Tate
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Hahahaaaa magepecker, do you think that in real life armies just attack for the he** of it before getting intel? That's what we're doing here, gathering intel prior to... Makes sense to me, but maybe I suck? What level are you?

Sia
06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I look the rank and allies number! At level 166
- If low rank then player is relatively weak.
- if low allies player is free player and relatively weak and tries to be under radar
- if very high number of allies ( insanely high) player is weak and shopped for allies
- if high or moderate rank and moderate allies player is medium or strong
- also I know my strength is medium to high so 80% weaker or equal

By above heuristics I don't check status as I like to finish stamina ASAP and like the chances I get. I have now 39 stamina and it takes too much time checking everyone.

magepker
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Hahahaaaa magepecker, do you think that in real life armies just attack for the he** of it before getting intel? That's what we're doing here, gathering intel prior to... Makes sense to me, but maybe I suck? What level are you?

i dont see why my level has anything to do with the level of suckiness (new word) you emit. im sure armies get intel. but they dont friggin know their precise capabilities to the T.

and please. don't try to compare this game to real life. in real life i wouldnt have a recycling plant next to my munitions stockpile :rolleyes:

JohnnyR
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
thats dumb. honestly modern war shouldnt show anyone but your allies your defense and attack stats. gives people an unfair advantage.

i just tap anyone and everyone and hope that i get some $ out of it. it takes WAY to much time to load the rivals base and look at there stats.

If this post is sarcasm-hilarious post.
If this post was not sarcasm-hilarious post.

Tate
06-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Well stated JohnnyR!

Arizona
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM

So that's where I'm going wrong. Don't collect intel on an opponent.
WOW. thanks!!

Ryans67
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Even looking at their precise stats isn't a perfect indicator of the forthcoming results. You just check to get a general idea. For me, If their defense is under 11k, I know I will win. If its between 11-13k, I know it's risky, but will result in better BP. If its above 13k I move on. Usually you need to keep a 10% cushion to be safe. I only check because I don't want to be on the news feed of someone who has a vastly superior army. And it doesn't take alot of extra time because I only raid, I rarely attack.

magepker
06-06-2012, 03:42 PM
WOW. thanks!!

your welcome. maybe you'll have more fun playing the game from now on instead of stressing over if you can or can't beat an opponent.

Bottom line. if you NEED to look at an opponents stats before attacking. You might want to improve your own attack\defense stats because obviously your afraid of losing a battle.

/endrantandgoestolookatnextopponentstatsbeforeattac king

Warfiend
06-06-2012, 03:44 PM
WOW. thanks!!

You'll be awesome if you play this game like it's a mindless fight game that doesn't require planning or thinking ahead. Then you can hang with the cool kids and you won't suck.

magepker
06-06-2012, 03:45 PM
You'll be awesome if you play this game like it's a mindless fight game that doesn't require planning or thinking ahead. Then you can hang with the cool kids and you won't suck.

You sir and or madam, are taking this game too seriously.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Modern War players before you attack somone do you hit raid to check there stats compared to yours so you know you dont lose and let them get payback on you, or do you think that is unfair, or do you just take a chance and just attack anyways.

Always check or eventually you will get owned. Unless you are one of the top .01% players with monster stats.

I can't tell you how many players have attacked me without checking stats first, but most of them will never make that mistake again with me ;-)

Of course this is a game so play it however you like. But if you are a serious player....play it like a real war...know thy enemy.

Speed ump
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
You can check? How? Lol

Speed ump
06-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Better yet, why?

Gritix
06-06-2012, 05:06 PM
You by hiting the raid button and clicking on the rivals profile and you just compare there stats to yours, Pretty you do this so you have a idea of how strong they are to you but its never accurate.

Tate
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Ahhhhh, speed ump! Now that's funny lol! Some of us just like to, I guess.... Some don't have to ;-(

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Why do you feel the need to become abusive simply because others choose to use an available aspect of the game?

Your mode of operation is your choice of how to play the game. MW is a game which suits many mindsets and strategies. One of it's main attributes is that to be a long term player of the game it does involve planning of your chosen form of playing the game.

For example, raiding is one aspect of the game in which you can garner some impressive income, "tap anyone and everyone" means you are missing out on opportunities to gain income.

You also stated.
Bottom line. if you NEED to look at an opponents stats before attacking. You might want to improve your own attack\defense stats because obviously your afraid of losing a battle.

Depends on your game strategy. I am currently doing Degradation missions chasing opponents who have over 100 allies more than me. Checking stats is just plain common sense in this situation.

As Ryans67 you don't get the full story (eg my defence stats are at least 25% higher than what people see) but it lets you decide whether to have a crack or not.

As for afraid of losing a battle.....well my next loss will have almost 500 mates to go along with it..:p

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
You can check? How? Lol

Stephen, you're one of the .01% exceptions...lol

JMC
06-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I guess all those guys that just attack me and lose are trying to be professionals than. Too afraid of sucking.

overkill 280
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM

if you do this. you suck.Or maybe you suck for not checking :p Cause I don't know about you..But I don't like losing!!