PDA

View Full Version : Very Powerful Loot Items

andymac106
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Which PvE events give you the very strong loot items such as the 'Siege Tank' 'Riptide Runner' 'Modified Fighter' and 'Wavebreaker'?? If I'm going to attack one of the new-ish bosses, I want to know which ones to attack

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
They are all gone now. Day late and a dollar short...

What?
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Are they really gone? If this is true it is funny how some of the gold players were complaining about these units being so strong and able to be dropped for non gold players. Really the only players I saw with substantial numbers were gold players themselves. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot.

andymac106
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM

Wait really??? :( Well where did you get them?

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
True, those who got multiples were mainly heavy gold spenders who recharged their energy. I was one of them.

However, many of the high stat players are in a high level war and we are simply "keeping up with the Joneses" as the Siege Tank and other high stat loot units are allowing people to bulk up too fast on stats. It would have cost far more in gold units to catch up rather than buying 20 gold each time for energy. Someone I was battling gained over 150k worth of attack points over me in a matter of days.

Stats are relative. Allowing for a potential of unlimited quantity of these units is a problem. I think they should put it back but have a limit so things doesn't get out of hand.

Gritix
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Your profile pic is cool.....

andymac106
06-06-2012, 05:04 PM
True, those who got multiples were mainly heavy gold spenders who recharged their energy. I was one of them.

However, many of the high stat players are in a high level war and we are simply "keeping up with the Joneses" as the Siege Tank and other high stat loot units are allowing people to bulk up too fast on stats. It would have cost far more in gold units to catch up rather than buying 20 gold each time for energy. Someone I was battling gained over 150k worth of attack points over me in a matter of days.

Stats are relative. Allowing for a potential of unlimited quantity of these units is a problem. I think they should put it back but have a limit so things doesn't get out of hand.

Your profile pic is cool indeed. Were they boss fights?? If so, shouldnt you be able to still fight them?

JMC
06-06-2012, 05:14 PM
They were not boss fights.

However now, they may be.

Problem was, gold players were able to gain over 100K worth of stats by spending under $1000 worth of gold to buy refills. Normally $1000 worth of gold would only give you maybe 6K stats buying high end units.

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
They would have been boss fights andymac106.

I took out the Admiral on the Carribean Straits map a few days ago and got a great unit.

Transport Raider 283A / 180D

From what Wdigeorge is saying I now want to pack it in cotton wool, cause it doesn't look like there will be anything like it around now.....

Poopenshire
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
I hit the admiral 3 times in the last 2 days and only got Venal fighters. If they are still there, they are random drops at best.

JMC
06-06-2012, 05:22 PM
The drop rates are like 1 in 5 on average. When this is on a boss mission, that can take forever. The loots were not on boss missions.

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
JMC shed a bit of new light with that post.

I just got into these areas and didn't know that the items could be gotten from anything other than a rare drop from a boss. Mine was a three or four day event to get to the 19x394 energy hits required (and a complete level in experience if you are concerned about moving up in levels).

Just checked the Pirate Flotilla boss, it is 583x20 energy and will gain you 6780 experience.

What?
06-06-2012, 06:23 PM
So the main arguement was I spent $10,000 on my stats and this person only spent $2,000 on his and he has better stats? Wahhhhh! Do they not realize that these units can eventually be killed? I didn't get a single of these loot units even though I tried for the past week or so. Some gold players complained because other gold players farmed the loot with gold. What about the other 99% who hasn't spent thousands on the game? I guess they are SOL.

They were not boss fights.

However now, they may be.

Problem was, gold players were able to gain over 100K worth of stats by spending under $1000 worth of gold to buy refills. Normally $1000 worth of gold would only give you maybe 6K stats buying high end units.

JMC
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah, theoretically for $10000 or so, someone could get a full army of them and be running stats over 1million.

However if a 100% gold army decided to suicide this guy for a while, eventually all of the units would die off.

JohnnyR
06-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Lol if gold buyers were the ones complaining, they do know what an energy refill is right? They coulda got the very same units. What a load.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Your profile pic is cool.....Thanks, but no one can see them on my base, lol.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Lol if gold buyers were the ones complaining, they do know what an energy refill is right? They coulda got the very same units. What a load.

You assume most of the gold players know where to look. Even if they have the gold, they can't get the loot if they don't know where it is. Plus you assume gold players will want to spend more money than they have areadly to keep up with not just other gold players but now tens of thousands of free players too.

Just my observation...been a non gold player for a while before I went gold as I had hit a ceiling. Many people "farm" and I do it too because you can....but I think that takes away from the game.

They should allow some high value units but shouldn't allow someone to get 100 units over night. As a gold player I would be happy to see high value units that can actually add to my stats. Most of them are useless to me right now. How long did it took you to reach your stats now? 5 months?

In another post I suggested one high value unit, per type, per map level....something like that. It will encourage game play and people actually finishing a map to the next level or else they would just keep hitting the same target over and over.

JohnnyR
06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Good point in the unfairness of gold that has already been purchased being devalued by these units, however, Funzio does this all the time with crate units and 20% off sales.

Finding the units is just as hard for free players as gold players though.

I agree with keeping these units very rare, and dispersed, and varied.

What?
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I understand what you are saying George, but as a player who has not spent real money on units, whether a gold player has 200k stats or 1 million is of no consequence because both will mop the floor with me and 99% of the other players regardless if their army consists of either gold units or loot units. Most of the players I've seen with these new loot units already had a formidable force before these units were introduced. I said before I spent the past week or two trying to get a single unit and completed about 1/4 of the new 4 maps including bosses and didn't get a single worthwhile loot unit. I can't imagine players who do not use gold for these missions accumulating the units to actually coming close to stats like yours. I also don't think it is fair to remove these units for all players because a few individuals spent gold to refill energy. Sure you spent a lot of money on the game, but is it the end of the world if a player is stronger than you? There is really only one player in this game that is the strongest and everyone else is weaker. If funzio released a new gold unit tomorrow with stats 500/500 and a player bought 2000 of them would you other gold players still complain about that?

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Am one hit off a Boss that has taken me four days and two level ups to get to.....

And today I read this thread.....will probably end up with another ruddy Tree Sniper to go with the 999 odd others I have:(At least it will be a 2.5 to 6.5 million cash drop....:cool:

JMC
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
The high end loot was taken away from their previous drop points. They may still exist as uncommon boss drops as they were likely intended to be.

KCh
06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
The drop points where the high stat loot units previously came from are now dropping napalm soldiers with low stats of 24/16. I checked 3 drop points for the 3 high stat units and they all dropped a napalm soldier. I'm also thinking they still exist as the rare boss drop out of the 3 possible drops from a boss target.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 10:14 PM
First I want to say that I never sent Funzio any complaints but I do agree with those who did and objected to these high value units being farmed.

It is a major game changer and had it be at the start of the game, before anyone had spent thousands to tens of thousands of dollars on the game already, fine...as we would all be on the same level playing field. Now with six months or more into the game, constantly having the rules changed is frustrating for sure and it greatly dilutes the value of gold spent.

Had i known about this i would have played the game differently and spent differently. If you purchased a nice car for $100k and a month later the price is at $5k I think most of us would feel cheated.

As I stated before, I think the high value units should be scattered throughout the game for everyone but there should be a cap on how many you can get per map level or per week/month. This way it makes it interesting for all players, even higher stat players but you don't allow a few individuals who's found a "loop hole" and increase his/her stats for pennies on the dollar and get to where you are overnight.

Many of you spent months of your life on this game just to peak out around 70k stats. Now some new player can be there in a week with relatively low amount of gold spent.

I've done some rough calculations based on some assumptions and my own data...with the siege tank a player can reach 820,000 unboosted Attack status with 2000 units and about $5,000 spent to refill energy.

A gold player would spend say $135,000 on gold for the strongest gold unit and he/she will only reach around 600,000 attack status (not counting all the money he lost on useless lower value gold units purchased previously)

Heck, I'll take $5k for 820k A over $135k for 600k A any day, even with the low casualty. Especially with the low/no casualty glitches some of the players have, the siege tanks might as well be gold units.

I think the game could have been beta tested a lot more before it was released. Many of the issues and complaints would/could have been addressed. Whenever funzio "adjust" the game, it will likely have a negative impact to some or all the players.

There is no way to make everyone happy unless we all start over with a clean slate with a properly tuned game and the rules remain constant.....plus and they give us back the gold spent to repurchase from scratch. All we can do now is make the best of it and hope things will improve for the better.

I understand what you are saying George, but as a player who has not spent real money on units, whether a gold player has 200k stats or 1 million is of no consequence because both will mop the floor with me and 99% of the other players regardless if their army consists of either gold units or loot units. Most of the players I've seen with these new loot units already had a formidable force before these units were introduced. I said before I spent the past week or two trying to get a single unit and completed about 1/4 of the new 4 maps including bosses and didn't get a single worthwhile loot unit. I can't imagine players who do not use gold for these missions accumulating the units to actually coming close to stats like yours. I also don't think it is fair to remove these units for all players because a few individuals spent gold to refill energy. Sure you spent a lot of money on the game, but is it the end of the world if a player is stronger than you? There is really only one player in this game that is the strongest and everyone else is weaker. If funzio released a new gold unit tomorrow with stats 500/500 and a player bought 2000 of them would you other gold players still complain about that?

Q Raider
06-06-2012, 11:11 PM
And the result for those two level ups and four days was.......Aquatic Explorer 40/38.

Plus roughly 6.5mil in cash with the 30% boost:cool:

Giggle was I hit the Tug Boat with the leftover energy and got a Venal Fighter which carries almost the same stats....

Oh well....maybe the next boss will be nicer.

Q Raider
06-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Finally finished the pirate flotilla boss off.

Wave breaker was the result...so the big loot items are still a possibility.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
The main question that started this thread was, Where and what maps are these items on, still not answered. Please dont respond by saying they are not there anymore, just tell us where to go and ill find out for my self, please.

Q Raider
06-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Taranis73

Wave breaker confirmed still dropping from Pirate Flotilla boss. 11660 energy, 6780 experience.
Transport Raider confirmed still dropping from Carribean Straits boss. 7486 energy, 3325 experience.

Others:
Executive Chinook from Bomb Bahia City boss. 11880 energy, 7020 experience.
Siege Tank from Enrichment Plant boss, 11760 energy, 6900 experience.
Riptide Runner from Inner City Canal boss, 11580 energy, 6680 experience.

Taranis73
06-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Taranis73

Wave breaker confirmed still dropping from Pirate Flotilla boss. 11660 energy, 6780 experience.
Transport Raider confirmed still dropping from Carribean Straits boss. 7486 energy, 3325 experience.

Others:
Executive Chinook from Bomb Bahia City boss. 11880 energy, 7020 experience.
Siege Tank from Enrichment Plant boss, 11760 energy, 6900 experience.
Riptide Runner from Inner City Canal boss, 11580 energy, 6680 experience.

THANK YOU RAIDER, the only one who actually answered the question. I now know where to go, cheers again buddy. Add me if your looking for allies, always add extra forum members as allies.

Tctiger
06-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I tried farming and got 100 mini subs but they was going with every attack or raid 2 or 3 at a time so thought anything farmed would get wiped out quickly Is that not the case ? If not what's the next best thing to farm that won't get wiped out quickly , I could do with a boost on my little army ?

Bronco928
06-14-2012, 04:38 PM
They would have been boss fights andymac106.

I took out the Admiral on the Carribean Straits map a few days ago and got a great unit.

Transport Raider 283A / 180D

From what Wdigeorge is saying I now want to pack it in cotton wool, cause it doesn't look like there will be anything like it around now.....

I just scored the Transport Raider 283A / 180D attacking the Admiral in the Carribean Straights!!!

andymac106
06-14-2012, 08:16 PM
I just scored the Transport Raider 283A / 180D attacking the Admiral in the Carribean Straights!!!

Not fair!! I only got a venal fighter:/

Poopenshire
06-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Not fair!! I only got a venal fighter:/

I hit the admiral 5 times with no super loot. I think the drop rate is small.

andymac106
06-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I know but others have got it on the first try

Bronco928
06-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I know but others have got it on the first try

If it makes you feel better, I hit the Pirate Flotilla and got some lame Bombsight 22a/18d, beefed up Bradley and even weaker Mechanical Rover on a different map boss, before I got the Transport Raider.