PDA

View Full Version : About rats...

kingjtl08
06-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi I'm pretty much new to the boards, I posted a couple things a while ago but they're gone now. Anyways I gotta ask: what's the appeal for rats to change? You hit them every now and then but you're asking them to become available for the thug life missions, which would leave them with random people in their hood all day. Isn't that worse?
I understand the feeling that they are taking missions without giving, but isn't that the point of playing a game against someone else? To win without leaving much chance for others to win? I know that doesn't sound friendly but this is crime city and not sim city. You have your buddies and acquaintances and you help them but you don't have a responsibility to random others right? Just wondering peoples thoughts on this. Also please I'm not looking for verbal abuse here I'm an adult and I just want thoughtful opinions please! Thanks for your time.

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
ut isn't that the point of playing a game against someone else? To win without leaving much chance for others to win?

that is exactly it and that's why they are getting hunted...

Doesn't seem like a difficult concept... consider it... something to do :D and make them "win" less by robbing them :D

I'm personally going to choose a side when I get to that level... just for fun... I don't care which one... the one with "less" people :D

kingjtl08
06-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Yea I slip between 499-500 and I usually don't even do anything, not sure why it does that... Anyways what I'm saying is that I definitely see a huge decrease in attacks at 499. Not even close. So basically sexkitteh what I'm asking is why would one be at 500 by choice other than just to be part of the "club"? And you're kinda saying it's out of boredom? Is that right?

upsman_17
06-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi I'm pretty much new to the boards, I posted a couple things a while ago but they're gone now. Anyways I gotta ask: what's the appeal for rats to change? You hit them every now and then but you're asking them to become available for the thug life missions, which would leave them with random people in their hood all day. Isn't that worse?
I understand the feeling that they are taking missions without giving, but isn't that the point of playing a game against someone else? To win without leaving much chance for others to win? I know that doesn't sound friendly but this is crime city and not sim city. You have your buddies and acquaintances and you help them but you don't have a responsibility to random others right? Just wondering peoples thoughts on this. Also please I'm not looking for verbal abuse here I'm an adult and I just want thoughtful opinions please! Thanks for your time.

"F you I won't do what you tell me" - Zach de la Rocha

I dont really have a side but I tend to do the opposite of what someone wants if they try to force me. Whether its bc I'm a maverick or an a-hole is up for debate.

Swifty
06-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Again, bracketology is your friend, and everyone's case is different. For me, right now, around 300 mafia is good (i am not doing thug life).

When I was doing the Thug Life to 300, I was 500+ mafia, which looking back on it, was probably dumb.

There is no one answer that is right for everyone, contrary to what my friends who are rat catchers might think. Each player needs to find their own best fit, considering all the factors.

upsman_17
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Again, bracketology is your friend, and everyone's case is different. For me, right now, around 300 mafia is good (i am not doing thug life).

When I was doing the Thug Life to 300, I was 500+ mafia, which looking back on it, was probably dumb.

There is no one answer that is right for everyone, contrary to what my friends who are rat catchers might think. Each player needs to find their own best fit, considering all the factors.

Ding Ding Ding. You win the prize for smartest and most rational post of the day. Well done sir.

kingjtl08
06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Please tell me what the appeal of 300 mafia members is? Why not 499? Do they group you with different people on your rivals list? I might drop just to see some new people if that's so!

upsman_17
06-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Please tell me what the appeal of 300 mafia members is? Why not 499? Do they group you with different people on your rivals list? I might drop just to see some new people if that's so!

I bounce around when I get bored with a bracket like you said, to see different people. And always keep a few hundred or so requests on hand so I can move up and down more easily.

kingjtl08
06-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys! I pretty much have been blindly playing with my gf for like 6 months now, and recently was introduced to the boards. So much good info on here in general, but also soooooo many people with big attitudes! I'm guessing it's the same people who post sooooo much crap on my wall and I'm just trying to play!

Spoon86
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
These "rat catchers" just want you to play the game the way they want you too, Reguardless of their attacks 499 gets attacked waaaay less then people at 500 which makes it a valuable strategy.

Max Power
06-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys! I pretty much have been blindly playing with my gf for like 6 months now, and recently was introduced to the boards. So much good info on here in general, but also soooooo many people with big attitudes! I'm guessing it's the same people who post sooooo much crap on my wall and I'm just trying to play!

That is so weird, I have been blindly playing with your GF too!

(rim shot)

Eyelusion
06-06-2012, 07:47 PM
That is so weird, I have been blindly playing with your GF too!

(rim shot)
Hahaha....Hilarious!