PDA

View Full Version : How meat shield works?

Chairman Han
06-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't know if anyone have the equation on how to calculate casualty for each battle. If not, we can only guess the many factors that affect the results of each attack. However, over 3700 attacks told me that the meat shield really works to protect valuable units such as SH, SF, and HM, but how does it work remains a mystery. Here is my current theory and if you have any ideas (must base on some facts), please contribute.

1. Each type of high value units need meat shield of the same type. For example, HM needs Flame Thrower or Commando, SH needs A10 or Eagle Fighters, SF needs submarines.

2. Each attack has a maximum number of casualty, which depends on the difference of your AP and the defender's DP. Your unit loss will start from the lower stat ones. In a simplified case, if you have 1000 A10 (w/ 0.2%) and 1000 SH (w/ 0.02%) in your army for a battle that you will lose up to 3 units, then after 2 A10 gone (1000x0.2%=2), your SH will come in (1000x0.02%) with 20% chance of losing one.

I am open to discuss whether this is the mechanism behind meat shield, and what is the best way to build meat shield for your army to protect high value units.

Tctiger
06-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Only thing is crime city mark said attract v defense stats have nothing to do with casualties although I disagree somewhat from my experience . The game changes so often and even mark didn't sound to sure so god knows how this game works or why it changes .