PDA

View Full Version : in what order do YOU upgrade money buildings?

magepker
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
just wondering... in what order do you guys upgrade your current money buildings at.

I'm trying to upgrade by lowest time and highest change in $.

like my last upgrade was between my ore mine and recycling plant. ore mine was 8hours long yielding a 30k bump. recycling plant was 16hours 40k bump... (or so) i chose the ore mine... right choice? current IPH is 90k

add me 735 411 605 (let me know your IGN so i can accept) i'd appreciate any advice. thanks.

Poopenshire
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
It all depends on what you are trying to do. Myself I am trying to upgrade based on collectability and total cost per upgrade while buying better units. for each of us its a balance. I would have choosen the ore mine, infact i did just this week, but i am coming back to the recycling after another unit upgrade

Ryans67
06-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I look at the highest money building I have, and if I can afford the upgrade. So I look at space center, then nuc, and so forth. With my budget/vault I usually end up around oil refinery. :cool: I don't pay attention to upgrade times, because you can't avoid them. By starting at the highest value building, I feel that I am getting the best boost to my IPH for the amount of time. It's also important to pay attention to the collection rate. While upgrading the 1 hour collection buildings is nice, you really don't reap the full benefit.

Bronson
06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I go straight for the 1 hour buildings as I log on every hour 15-16 times a day and make well over 130k each time. There is a spreadsheet flying around about what buildings are best for you to upgrade given the amount of times you log on I'm sure someone can drag it up for you to use.

stricker
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
just wondering... in what order do you guys upgrade your current money buildings at.

I'm trying to upgrade by lowest time and highest change in $.

like my last upgrade was between my ore mine and recycling plant. ore mine was 8hours long yielding a 30k bump. recycling plant was 16hours 40k bump... (or so) i chose the ore mine... right choice? current IPH is 90k

add me 735 411 605 (let me know your IGN so i can accept) i'd appreciate any advice. thanks.

...i tend to do what you are doing as well. what is important to focus on is your playing style.

2 examples:
1) if you keep the lights on 24/7 and collect every 5 mins., then focus on the ROI instead of upgrade times. that would be the fastest way to build your econ. in the long run.
2) if you ckeck in and collect 4-8 x per day... like a work break, you could focus on those bldgs that fit your schedule along with what you are already doing on upgrade time/increase of IPH.

regards...

magepker
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Just feels like my IPH doesnt go up no matter what i upgrade.... smh. guess im just gonna upgrade randomly seems like theres no real strategy... i log on atleast 6-10 times a day but its random..

Bronson
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
The best building to upgrade IMHO is the oil rig get both to lvl 3 and your picking up 1.2m a day and the upgrade is only 13m and takes 24 hours.

Tctiger
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
What ever gives you most extra cash , remember some pay out more often than others so if you have two upgrades with 20k more payout and one is 24 hour payouts and one is 48hour payouts you will get double the cash with the 24hour payout building. There is no set best order just whatever fits your plan. I am doing comp factory from 7-10 then cement factory from 5-10 . When they are done I will go all out on money upgrades leaving all boost for now.

Chairman Han
06-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I think one should upgrade based on time (shortest first) for maxed IPH. In the long run, you will do all the upgrades that are possible, so the faster you can upgrade, the sooner you can benefit. I won't do upgrades that takes 48hr if I have a 24hr one available.

stricker
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
I think one should upgrade based on time (shortest first) for maxed IPH. In the long run, you will do all the upgrades that are possible, so the faster you can upgrade, the sooner you can benefit. I won't do upgrades that takes 48hr if I have a 24hr one available.

i've not run the actual numbers, but i would think that ROI will be the fastest way to max your IPH...

Dreno... do you have an economic projection spreadsheet to play out the 2 scenarios???

gonzoxl5
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I took munitions dumps to level 10 (360k every 24 hrs) , my ore mines are at level 5 (448k every 48 hrs) and I'm just in the process of upgrading my oil rigs to level 3 (612,500 every 24 hrs)

Ascent
06-06-2012, 02:29 PM
it's easy to debunk:
building A takes 24 hours to upgrade and will give you a $1,000 /h boost
building B takes 48 hours to upgrade and will give you a $5,000 /h boost

if you do A -> B then you will lose 24 hours of 5,000 /h income
while
if you do B -> A then you will lose 48 hours of 1,000 /h income

do you need to do the actual math to see which is more lucrative? :)

Tctiger
06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
To max everything would take same amount of time which every way you do it , I stopped upgrading the small payout buildings as not worth it , will do them later , don't see point waiting days for few k . You won't be able to go high on nano ect unless you pay real cash or sell half your base.

Olly1
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Some great answers here. One of the key answers is based on collectibility. If you log in twice a day go for slow return buildings.

For me, the sub 3 or 6 hour buildings are fairly irrelevant as I don't log in enough. Instead I have upgraded all my munitions stockpiles, military market, command centre, weapons factories etc to level 10. I'm now doing the smaller buildings simply because they are cheap in comparison.

If I upgraded my sub 6h buildings to 10 my IPH would be much higher but I would actually earn less as I don't collect enough. Hence the slower earning buildings

Not much else do improve on what these guys have said so hopefully my 2 cents is a little bit extra

06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
The buildings I choose to upgrade depends on my defense. A pair of level 3 oil rigs do yield a respectable amount of money and you only have to collect once a day. However, they are also raided often because they are profitable. Also, if you don't have a solid income from other buildings that are cheaper to upgrade, it will take longer to save up to upgrade the more expensive buildings. Just my 2 cents though.

gonzoxl5
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
to store extra cash for expensive upgrades after you have all your money buildings just build defence buildings and then sell them when you want to upgrade, you get 50% of the cash back and can even sell them while they are still building.

minefields will give you back 625k, railguns about 2.8m.

if you are already building and need to bury more cash then just buy tall square palm trees with the surplus, they cost 50k each, only take 1x1 square, build instantly and you get 50% back when you sell them

thats the best way of stashing cash I've found so far, am open to other options though and only lvl 82 atm so still have plenty to learn

@9323676 I generally try to make sure I pick up my high value daily buildings within a few minutes of them being ready for collection, that minimises the chance of being raided.

once your IPH is healthy you can invest in defence in between upgrades.

magepker
06-06-2012, 03:20 PM
The best building to upgrade IMHO is the oil rig get both to lvl 3 and your picking up 1.2m a day and the upgrade is only 13m and takes 24 hours.

i would do that if i had 4mil lying around which i don't lol. would take 46hours to get 4.2mil with my current IPH.

Sia
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Fastest upgrade first. That is the optimum upgrade time unless I have tremendous cash and I need to use it for upgrade only.

Devin
06-06-2012, 05:58 PM

I totally agree, though I just finished buying my second lvl5 upgrade (saving 35 mil us not fun). 2.8mil a day :)

Arizona
06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I used to have a different strategy for different periods of the game. Currently I'm looking at a choice of three building upgrades.
Oil Rig to Level 3
Chemical Plant to Level 3
Nuclear Plant to Level 2
They're all in the same price region. I decide at the last minute after a few calculations mostly to do with getting collection times synced. When Iv'e gone through all the upgrades in the same price range, I move on to the next lot which I think is the EPP to Level 5 and around 18m.

manbeast
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
i've not run the actual numbers, but i would think that ROI will be the fastest way to max your IPH...

Dreno... do you have an economic projection spreadsheet to play out the 2 scenarios???

i ignore the ROI column. I think roi is pretty useless in this game. all the cheap buildings have good roi's but they dont give enough money. for example, the munitions stockpiles has much better roi than the oil rig. but the oil rig is a WAY better choice than a munitions stockpiles and heres why:

you can build an oil rig and have it to lvl 4 within 4 days and you will be getting almost a million dollars a day from it.
or
you can spend literally a month upgrading 2 munitions depots to lvl 10 and you will only be getting $720k per day.

yea you spend a lot more money on the oil rig, but hey, it took 4 days not a month.

Ryans67
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Its tough to store up the cash for some of the higher buildings. I sold $14 million in trees this afternoon for a nano. Last time I got hit in the middle and lost a few mil. :). Trees are nice because their is no build time, but its really time consuming and risky. Next money building upgrade will be the oil rigs.

StuN
06-07-2012, 12:20 AM
I find it's easier to alternate between boost & money buildings. Boost building upgrades are cheaper so it gives me enough time to save up for a money upgrade & buy units at the same time

gonzoxl5
06-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Its tough to store up the cash for some of the higher buildings. I sold $14 million in trees this afternoon for a nano. Last time I got hit in the middle and lost a few mil. :). Trees are nice because their is no build time, but its really time consuming and risky. Next money building upgrade will be the oil rigs.

that is a lot of trees !

Dreno33
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM

hey just got your PM stricker

FOR EVERYONE, VERY IMPORTANT ECONOMIC ADVICE!!!

1) ROI is OOONNNNLLLYYY important to imply to your strategy when SAVING. This is one of the SLOWEST ways to increase IPH.

2) The quickest way to maximize economic growth is by upgrading the building that gives the biggest income/hr gain (non-inflated of course).
~ A good way to do this and still save money without have to resort to ROI every other upgrade is by using the following formula for the buildings you have and comparing the results to decide what to upgrade next:

Building Income / $ hr gain / upgrade hrs

Hope that helps

JohnnyR
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
That is a great quote ya got there in your sig Dreno.

I just go by IPH, and get the biggest gain I can. I know I'm not going to be able to get end game items like level 10 OR any time soon, but the way I figured which buidings to upgrade first was to check out the IPH for each building at level 10. The differences are more visible there.

Also, it's better IMO to level buildings evenly, as the gain per cost decreases the higher the level the building is.

Ramshutu
06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
I use the following strategy.

1.) I keep upgrades going 100% of the time, or close to.
2.) I choose upgrade times that:
- at a time when I play.
- allows the building I am upgraded to resync.
- can be easily triggered shortly after a collection thus maximising the cash income.

With this in mind, my choice of upgrade is determined by:

1.) $/hr/hr. the overall income boost generated by an upgrade per hour. 25k increase over 1 days is better than a 100k increase over 5 days.
2.) cash available at the time.

There is no hard and fast rules with the above, its a combination of everything, but the latter two are the most important to me and allow to prioritise the most beneficial upgrades.

Dreno33
06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
That is a great quote ya got there in your sig Dreno.

Thanks

Also, it's better IMO to level buildings evenly, as the gain per cost decreases the higher the level the building is.

Not necessarily true. With very expensive buildings (Nanos) sometimes it is better to save money to upgrade to lvl 2-3 before buying next. This allows you to recover your money back quicker actually. I haven't done the math for MW b/c well, no good buildings I can unlock yet and they all are very cheap upgrades, but for CC is it most profitable, actually, to build and upgrade your Nightvlub to lvl 3 before building the 2nd one. And, if possible, it is wisest (as stated by White Frog) to lvl Nightclub to lvl 10 before building 2nd b/c of the extraordinary IPH increase for every upgrade.

06-07-2012, 01:21 PM
The only problem with upgrading expensive buildings such as nanos are you become a juicy target. These buildings remain a prime target for raids after being upgraded so if you have high defense, by all means go for it, if not, it's probably better to upgrade other buildings first.

Ascent
06-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Another food for thought...

My Nanos, Space Centers and Nuclear Plants are still level 1. And I am keeping them like that on purpose, because for my next upgrades (Oil Rigs, Diamond Mines, Geothermal Plants, whatnot) I WILL BE SELLING the Nanos, Space Centers and Nuclear Plants :D

So I am not upgrading them for the time being, because they make excellent vault extensions (not otherwise attainable with palm trees and defense buildings)

;)

Fifth Reich
06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I think one should upgrade based on time (shortest first) for maxed IPH. In the long run, you will do all the upgrades that are possible, so the faster you can upgrade, the sooner you can benefit. I won't do upgrades that takes 48hr if I have a 24hr one available. Hello Chairman Han! I haven't talked to you for months now! I'm billyang ingame.