PDA

View Full Version : someone just made specops

GhostShot
06-06-2012, 11:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Axi7x.png

heavy gold user, the guys got over 85k successful attacks. wonder how much it cost him?

spectra
06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Not surprise, Lord was #1 in the PVP event

I assume Speed Ump should be getting there soon too, he was #2 and #3 on the PVP event

magepker
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
how do you know the ranks of the PVP event? and what would him being a gold user have to do with him being spec ops? he spent $ on reloading stamina??? what a waste....

im still a rookie sergeant at lvl 42...
(nvm saw the sticky)

Mcdoc
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Lord is the #1 Player in the game. It's fitting he would be the first on to Spec Ops :)

spectra
06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
how do you know the ranks of the PVP event? and what would him being a gold user have to do with him being spec ops? he spent $ on reloading stamina??? what a waste....

im still a rookie sergeant at lvl 42...
(nvm saw the sticky)

CC Mark posted the leaderboard in a sticky at top of the forum
you can see #1 to #500 spots and the winners of the Black Dragon Fighter

and Remember "his waste of money" is what allow us "free players" to enjoy the game
You should say....Thank you

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Lord is the #1 Player in the game. It's fitting he would be the first on to Spec Ops :)

All depends on how you define number one. In terms of A/D stats, you would have to look at WcJoker, Stephen, Ferr or Hammer Time.

Wdigeorge
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
CC Mark posted the leaderboard in a sticky at top of the forum
you can see #1 to #500 spots and the winners of the Black Dragon Fighter

and Remember "his waste of money" is what allow us "free players" to enjoy the game
You should say....Thank you

Somebody gets it. I don't understand the general negativity towards gold players. They pay for the game you get to play for free.

GRW
06-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Guys.I am not the number 1 player in this game...there are people with better a/d than I have. Yes I spent money but that was my choice....please let's not get into the gold/non gold argument. I play my game. You should be more concerned that you are getting ripped off with the unit that gives you "1 more valour" I have it and can't understand why I only get one medal! Please moan to funzio...we all get stiffed by this!

marebear
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Guys.I am not the number 1 player in this game...there are people with better a/d than I have. Yes I spent money but that was my choice....please let's not get into the gold/non gold argument. I play my game. You should be more concerned that you are getting ripped off with the unit that gives you "1 more valour" I have it and can't understand why I only get one medal! Please moan to funzio...we all get stiffed by this!That's you? (lord?) Way to go!!!

Sugarymama
06-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Guys.I am not the number 1 player in this game...there are people with better a/d than I have. Yes I spent money but that was my choice....please let's not get into the gold/non gold argument. I play my game. You should be more concerned that you are getting ripped off with the unit that gives you "1 more valour" I have it and can't understand why I only get one medal! Please moan to funzio...we all get stiffed by this!

I was thinking the same thing. What the hell is "1 more valor" going to do?? Well, I'll tell you it won't do #$@% for me. The prize needs to be 30% more valor, especially since now the rankings are all about valor units.

I'm at Captain-Apprentice now. I don't think I'll ever get out of this ranking...you need 390K BP, and I'm only at 213K.

spectra
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM

Lord, hi,
have you try just doing raids? whenI try to test the blue bomber (+2 VPs) I just stay in the battle result screen and attack again, that way I actually see how many VPs I get per hit, so if you raid someone your minimum VPs should be 2 (if the game gives you 1 + the 1 from the bonus)
Cheers

spectra
06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Somebody gets it. I don't understand the general negativity towards gold players. They pay for the game you get to play for free.

Thanks George
Did you get the message I left on your wall?
Cheers

spectra
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM

That is True, I have been visited by WC joker and Hammer time a few times (hell it hurts!!!, but that is the nature of the game is) and I think that their stats then were above teh 200k
Lord was #1 on the PVP because he spend more time doing it probably, but could have been any of them
WC was #5 and Hammer #4
that of being #1 just depends on how much time you spend (of course with aid of gold spending) playing the game
I have also seen "free player" with very high stats, it is just because the have put in the time playing and have good strategies to raise their army
If I have know when I started this game what I have been lucky to learn from all forum members that are very helpful, I would be in a much better position that where I am right now, since I ventured into whale territory, sometimes I feel like a fly in a spider's web, just waiting to get kill, So I am trying to maximize my IPH, to buy the strongest units I can, thus I am putting lots of time on the game to help me get a better chance (besides I really enjoy playing it), lol

Cheers

Mcdoc
06-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Guys.I am not the number 1 player in this game...there are people with better a/d than I have

Let's see:

#1 in the PvP tournament
1st person we've seen make Special Ops

I'd say that makes you Number One :).

The only thing higher than #1 is Capt John Leuc Picard himself - and no one has seen him since the Borg Passed through our Galaxy :)

spectra
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Let's see:

#1 in the PvP tournament
1st person we've seen make Special Ops

I'd say that makes you Number One :).

The only thing higher than #1 is Capt John Leuc Picard himself - and no one has seen him since the Borg Passed through our Galaxy :)

And do not forget Admiral Kirk

hahaha, LMAO

Speed ump
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Glad to see a few Trekkies here. Yes, lord made that rank. Glad he's on my team. I havnt been hitting as much since the contest, focusing my efforts more on trying to resolve a lot of issues in the game, some of which have been resolved already. I don't have too much further to go, just need to get on more an play

manbeast
06-06-2012, 11:49 PM
wow didn't know lord was on the forum.

congrats! spec. ops is the hardest thing to achieve in this game right now.

Jhoemel
06-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Congrats lord, wow he got to spec ops in the least amount of time, some estimate it would take a year but he got it way faster than anyone predicted

Copenhagen
06-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Unreal! Congrats, Lord. I thought it would take 6 months for someone to get there especially with the reduced BP. Unless that is why they reduced the points. In that case, Thanks alot for killing the curve.

Mega props!

Copenhagen
06-07-2012, 05:05 AM
@ GRW (Lord) & speedUmp - It is great to have you heavy hitters on the forum and we all value your insight. Can I make a request that you add an avatar? Let's make it a contest to see which of you can do it first. That challenge should motivate you competitors to get creative with your photoshop skills. LOL

leo23
06-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Indeed congrats! I have nothing against big gold players as it pays the bills and helps Funzio to make this game better for all of us. Well played for strong dedication and commitment to achieve the rank :)

spectra
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
im pretty sure some of the players in the game (im not saying lord is i wouldnt know) get free gold, tons of free gold from funzio. Likely the developers give out free bonus gold to friends, family members, their kids etc or have some kind of accounts they get free gold in.

THere is probably some developers teenage kid bragging to his friends about all the free gold he gets from his dad/uncle developer.

there is likely also some kind of account that is shared amongst employees where it seems like that 1 single player is always on but its really just a group of people taking turn playing.

Its not just here...happens in a lot of games.
I do not think they would do that, that would basically be stealing from the company, unless is the company allowing them "x" amount of gold
the way funzio probably do their accounting is that they sell gold, but that does not become revenue right away, it actually becomes a liabiity, because it is on the player's hand, once a player has used the gold, then it get factored and added to all other gold used to calculate the revenue based on the prize less the discounts for the period
Thus developers or any other Funzio employee giving out gold withoug permission would be the same as the bank cashier taking money from the safe and keeping it (it is call stealing)
Also CC Mark said that most of them play the games, they each have their accounts and are at various levels, they could get some free gold for their accounts for being empoyees, but not tons like you mentioned, cause then they would be at the top
Just my 2 cents!!!

Poopenshire
06-07-2012, 09:01 AM
I think spectra is right. Like anything else in business you don't give away your marketable items. Yes you can have ways to obtain it at reduced costs or in some instances free (tapjoy) but for tax reasons they are all I am sure accounted for. I wouldn't call it an assest, but it would a non-dilutable something seeing how is had no physical presence but a prescibed value, and probably taxable in California.

azy
06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Congrats to lord! It's great to see that Spec Ops can be done, by hook or by crook. And thanks for paying everyone else's tab.

Corsair
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Gold is virtual money, it has no intrinsic value, and neither does what you are spending it on. I doubt it is part of any accounting in the real world, except as revenue. Once you buy it they get paid regardless of if/when you spend it. And yes you pay sales tax on it via iTunes.

I do agree that they likely would not set up devs with much if any free gold for their personal accounts. And I don't think they give a huge amount away, but they do give it away sometimes. Someone here mentioned getting a large sum (a couple thousand at least) early in the game for reporting several bugs. I don't think they do that any more, I reported a few myself and didn't even get an acknowledgement.

Bronco928
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Agreed!!! Funzio, the higher level players REALLY need more valor earning opportunities; we are only getting one 1300 valor mission, per level and it isn't enough to replenish the loses in obtaining the valor. This event unit should be a +5, or something like that. I have the Blue Bomber with +2 and the gain is barely noticable; please address this concern Funzio! We like the new valor units, but it's alomost impossible to buy them with such limited valor!

spectra
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Gold is virtual money, it has no intrinsic value, and neither does what you are spending it on. I doubt it is part of any accounting in the real world, except as revenue. Once you buy it they get paid regardless of if/when you spend it. And yes you pay sales tax on it via iTunes.

It does have part in the real world for accounting, since the GBs are their source of income
the GBs do have real value (if you actually purchase them) if they were given to a player for whatever reason (delay on solving issue, reward for reporting issue, or as part of an event like the ranking, then it is just considered part of business expenses) but those that are purchase get recorded in the players data base and kept track of for reveue recognition
just imagen you buy a Ipad for $700, the company recognizes that $700 as revenue, fine, but 2 days later you return it because you did not like it, then the company has to reduce their revenue by that amount
if a player sitting on 30,000 gold bars decides to quit the game, then he can also return the GBs to Funzio, the Funzio revenues will be reduce but whatever amount those GBs are worth (in general, it actually get a bit more complicated in actual accounting)

Corsair
06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
if a player sitting on 30,000 gold bars decides to quit the game, then he can also return the GBs to Funzio, the Funzio revenues will be reduce but whatever amount those GBs are worth (in general, it actually get a bit more complicated in actual accounting)That is quite an assumption. I'm pretty sure there is no money-back guarantee :). Maybe they have to account for some percentage of outstanding gold purchased, but I doubt it is significant enough for them to do that, since any refunds would likely have to occur within a short time of the order (i.e. accidental purchase), and thus never end up on the books. Who really knows, though.

Arizona
06-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I do not think they would do that, that would basically be stealing from the company, unless is the company allowing them "x" amount of gold
I think there must be Funzio employees at different levels in the game, and by design. They need to know what's happening at all levels from the bottom to the top. Need to test drive their own product, from the totally free players perspective to the fully gold player and all in between. If I'm right, then some will be given huge amounts of gold to play at the top, wile others will be given nothing.
I wonder if I have a Funzian ally in my list...Hmmmmm.

Corsair
06-07-2012, 08:53 PM
They can probably create a test character with any specs they like. They may only do that in a test environment though. I have a hard time believing they would test in the production environment, since they'd be hitting and taking stuff from customers. If I ever found out a dev test account hammered me I wouldn't be too happy.

From what CC Mark has said, they also have personal accounts that are basically like the rest of us. There could be a bunch of them around. Would be interesting to know...

GRW
06-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Guys...oh that I was a Funzio employee! I would not now be living in a house made is spent ITunes cards carpeted out with credit card statements! I can understand your concerns and I would be aggrieved if I thought that Funzio employees were getting preferential treatment. Believe me I am a real guy living in London trying to make an honest living! Now to get an avatar sorted!

stricker
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Guys...oh that I was a Funzio employee! I would not now be living in a house made is spent ITunes cards carpeted out with credit card statements! I can understand your concerns and I would be aggrieved if I thought that Funzio employees were getting preferential treatment. Believe me I am a real guy living in London trying to make an honest living! Now to get an avatar sorted!

Bah-Ha-HAH!!! ...would you like the name of a good bankruptcy attorney??? ;p

hmmmm... this might be appropriate for you... LOL... WHO are YOU!!! :confused:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dN_GcJrv9uA/T0ZUnq7ZjWI/AAAAAAAAM9I/nI62wVnfh_c/s400/drwho_icewarriors_trout_icewarrior.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXfPWYgEvOf7vyrm1r_s58VStdhnAg8 swWZt3fnFp1T4DmnuV9

Populouspapa
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9gtbOsI28h8/THe7MNLgoAI/AAAAAAAABxo/dfCS5OCbTP4/s1600/London+rain.jpg

JMC
06-08-2012, 06:46 AM
There's no funzio employee's prizing themselves tons of gold and strong units. They all play as regular players.
They likely have their own test server where they can alter and tweak anything they want to test certain glitchs and bugs.

spectra
06-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Bah-Ha-HAH!!! ...would you like the name of a good bankruptcy attorney??? ;p

hmmmm... this might be appropriate for you... LOL... WHO are YOU!!! :confused:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dN_GcJrv9uA/T0ZUnq7ZjWI/AAAAAAAAM9I/nI62wVnfh_c/s400/drwho_icewarriors_trout_icewarrior.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXfPWYgEvOf7vyrm1r_s58VStdhnAg8 swWZt3fnFp1T4DmnuV9

That is a cool Dr. Who pic yo have there, I believe is the original one, I like the other one better, and do not really like the latest spin off of the series
the other guy reminded me of larry of the 3 stooges, and also when Nicolas cage makes some expressions, reminds me of him, it was a nice Sci-fi