PDA

View Full Version : Best strategy for arming your mafia?

zombie
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
So lately my focus has been beefing up my arsenal of weapons. I have been visiting a lot of my higher level mafia members hood's to see what they have in their inventory. I wanted to gather some insight from you all on what a good method for buying weapons, which ones to choose, and which types of weapons to favor.
Do I rack up on cheaper weapons? Go for the more expensive ones? Buy more armor than guns? More melee than armor? Should I even bother with the expensive low benefit vehicles?

What to do, what to do...?

jmeijer
06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
You should focus on PvP and get as much loot items as you can get. When you buy items, go for the most expensive ones that don't get replaced later on. It's better to buy one item with 10/10 than ten items with 3/3 imo.

zombie
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
What about the types of equipment? Should I try and get an even number of all equipment? For example if I have more guns than armor, should I try to have the same amount of armor as guns?

dudeman
06-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about item category. Focus on items that give you the best stats (this might be different from the actual item stats depending on your current equipment) and always get the most expensive items you can afford.

The game will give you notifications if it thinks you are under equipped in a specific category. Until then just go with whatever helps your stats the most, while keeping in mind that less powerful items will eventually be replaced by stronger weapons.

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
So lately my focus has been beefing up my arsenal of weapons. I have been visiting a lot of my higher level mafia members hood's to see what they have in their inventory. I wanted to gather some insight from you all on what a good method for buying weapons, which ones to choose, and which types of weapons to favor.
Do I rack up on cheaper weapons? Go for the more expensive ones? Buy more armor than guns? More melee than armor? Should I even bother with the expensive low benefit vehicles?

What to do, what to do...?

What level are you?

Spartacus
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Focus on mostly melee and vehicles as those are usually people's weakest categories. There is an abundance of guns and a good amount of armor that are given as loot rewards, able to farmed, and/or are event reward items.

zombie
06-06-2012, 02:17 PM
What level are you?

im at level 47

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
And whats your attack defense and income per hour?

add me and you can look at what I got and compare stats... I'm close to your level and I'm doing ok compared to other players. Not GREAT but not terrible...

My code: 883 912 037

zombie
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
And whats your attack defense and income per hour?

add me and you can look at what I got and compare stats... I'm close to your level and I'm doing ok compared to other players. Not GREAT but not terrible...

My code: 883 912 037

Just sent you an add request. I would welcome any suggestions and I'll take a look at what you got.

DungBeo
06-06-2012, 06:42 PM
My statregy is keep low level and upgrade max level of money buildings. One time I saw other only level 20 but all his buildings were level 10 and income per hour about 30k...

cookie monster
06-06-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't understand the question. You get one gun, one melee, one armor, one vehicle, and one explosive per member of your mafia. Arm them as best you can. Look at the attack/defense points. It's not like accumulating 200 identical armor items when you have 30 members in your mafia is going to do you any good.

zombie
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't understand the question. You get one gun, one melee, one armor, one vehicle, and one explosive per member of your mafia. Arm them as best you can. Look at the attack/defense points. It's not like accumulating 200 identical armor items when you have 30 members in your mafia is going to do you any good.

That makes sense. Thank you for your advice. I just figure the vehicles are so friggin expensive that it would take forever to give each mafia member a vehicle.

enahs1
06-06-2012, 07:12 PM
You could farm vehicles

zombie
06-06-2012, 07:15 PM
You could farm vehicles

How do I do that? Sorry, I feel so clueless and "noobish" for asking...I feel like I should know

Paulio
06-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Jmeijer gave good advice. Stack up on respect points (RP) from attacking other players and try not to waste it on items that will eventually be useless. At level 47, you have already opened night vision binoculars (NVB). These are good items to spend your RP on.

At your level, you can bring 235 mafia into battle, so make sure each one is equipped with at least a gun, melee and armor. IMO, I would not spend money on vehicles right now, as you will eventually get vehicles by other means (RP, events, and loot). Most people at your level don't have 235 vehicles, so you wouldn't be at a competitive disadvantage.

cookie monster
06-06-2012, 07:33 PM
That makes sense. Thank you for your advice. I just figure the vehicles are so friggin expensive that it would take forever to give each mafia member a vehicle.

Store-bought weapons are always expensive, and up until the high levels, they're only going to give you short-term value for fights, defense. Farming is an option, but if you don't have a ton of energy and aren't trying to level up fast, it's not a great strategy. Just start robbing people blind and buy vehicles with their money. You're going to have to buy most of the low-level vehicles at some point for zone completion, anyway.

Use respect points to strengthen your armor and melee since those respect weapons are relatively affordable at the point you're probably at.

Soopajake
06-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Zombie. This was a question I had also when I started.

The confusing thing is that you bring 500 of your best equipment for Attack, and then Defense, into battle.

So in the lower to mid levels, it was good to find items with both decent Attack and Defense, like the Nightvision Binoculars from Respect points. This is because this one item can count as both "best defense and best attack" item.

In higher levels, it is better to have lopsided items like one super buff in Attack but ok/crap for defense. This is because you can equip more things in "attack" category and "defense" category.

I know it is a little confusing but you'll get it. hope this helps.:p

Soopajake
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
about Farming. It means that you find a spot/job on a map that drops items at a decent rate, and you go back to that spot over and over again until you get enough of your desired items.

If you search for "Updated Loot Spreadsheet" Itzacarrot has compiled a list of every job in Crime City.

When I started my camper account, I farmed Hudson Hornets (1/1) because I was too poor for the $2000 junker cars. That was ok for low levels.

When you get to higher levels, you can buy the awesome Excelero for 1,200 respect points.

I regretted buying tommy guns, yamaha race bikes, and combat boots with my respect points early on the game. In my opinion, what you will pretty much use forever are chain whips, exceleros, and night vision binoculars.

Alot of the senior members only bought up to 300 night vision binoculars because that leaves room for other farmable or loot armor items. I still use all of my NVB's now at level 174.

Matt Butterworth
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
With all the events and crates going on, it doesn't even matter anymore. It doesn't take skill to buy your way to the top.

Nudie
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
CC is not really about skill. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. :cool:

TonySpaghetti
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised at how many people don't pay attention to the rules of arming your mafia. In the "?" screen on the attack results, it says that each mafia member can carry: 1 gun, 1 melee, 1 armor, 1 explosive, and 1 vehicle (shame on Funzio for not promoting mafia car pooling! :))

So if you have 200 mafia, having 1000 guns is useless - you'll only use the 200 highest powered (attack points) guns on an attack. By the same token, if you only have 100 armor, you're not attacking with full potential.