PDA

View Full Version : RP Item Discussion

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Sup peeps - I know there is lots of info on this topic, but things have been a little boring, so I thought I'd bring up RP discussion again...

WHAT IS THE BEST RP ITEM? WHEN SHOULD YOU START BUYING? AND WHEN SHOULD YOU STOP?

So, I've just recently come across some mid level RP weapons and I want to know what others are doing.

I really needed to boost my stats a bit, since I've been doing TL goals and playing the events.

I just invested into 100x Night Vision Binoculars (I paid for 97 of them I believe) = 29k RP Spent.

I'm down to 610RP....

So I can invest in the sawn-off right now at 360RP ea... or I can wait till the rockets or w/e they are called.

The next item that will unlock for me is the chain whips.

Would you hold off on gun purchases till the rockets and vehicle purchases till exelero and invest everything into Chain Whips?

I plan on running a 500/499 crew (not sure who I want to fight yet lol) and have few "good items" but might plan on buying some gold in the long run...

How many chain wips would you purchase? Around 100? 200? 300???

I think personally I will hold off on sawn-off because my stats aren't TERRIBLE for my level...

Also should I buy more Night Vision past 100 units? and invest into the armor that unlocks at 70?

800RP 17A/27D - I don't know what it's called... anyways... open for discussion...

Please - ONLY RP RELATED COMMENTS! :D

Cheers.

jmeijer
06-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Exelero is the best RP item for me, because cars are more expensive than other item groups. It gives me the most stat boost. I have +-95NVB's, and I have no intention to increase this. Full Combat Gear costs more, but never gets replaced.

I would save your RP if I were you; you will have a huge advantage when you get to the level where every RP item is unlocked. I didn't save anything and bought Combat Boots, that was before I saw the forum and read the guides. RP items are items that you don't want to see getting replaced, because that is lost RP and you don't get RP back when you've spent it.

I don't know if the Blast Shield is obtainable at your level, but if so, I would spend some cash on those. Excellent defense number (19) for only 210,000.

Ramshutu
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Heres what I did on RP items.

1.) I ignored low level RP items, I have maybe 20 of them in total.
2.) I needed to boost stats. For me, the biggest boost came from NVBs, so immediately proceeded to acquiring 100 of them. While not ideal, they provide the "closest" to a high level RP item than any of the others.
3.) I then switched to 100 yams. This was simply for a quick, cheap stat boost. I have not gone higher than this, as it will be money wasted.
4.) I then focused solely on CWs, collecting, as of today, 188
5.) when I got the RPGs available, I collected about 50, before switching back to CWs.
6.) I'm now focusing on Exceleros.

What this gives you is a very quick stat boost, without sacrificing high level progression. For me, I would ignore the sawn offs, they have never given me that big of a boost.

Either way, you have to accept that up to level ~90, people with 300 tommy guns and 300 combat boots, or lots of gold will be better than you.

Silvio
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I think it depends on where your weakness is. You have 10 categories - each item type times 2 (one for atk, one for def). I am a fan of boosting your lowest category, because you get the biggest bang for buck. RP only affects 8 ( explosives are purchase only).

If your lowest category is armor atk, then buy NVG. If melee def, then chain whips.

It means you have to analyze and understand your inventory. excel is a good tool for that. :)

JuSt.SiCk
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it depends on where your weakness is. You have 10 categories - each item type times 2 (one for atk, one for def). I am a fan of boosting your lowest category, because you get the biggest bang for buck. RP only affects 8 ( explosives are purchase only).

If your lowest category is armor atk, then buy NVG. If melee def, then chain whips.

It means you have to analyze and understand your inventory. excel is a good tool for that. :)

Seems legit.

Dr Girlfriend
06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I think NVBs are a great value, especially for the attack points. Full combat gear costs more than twice as much, but only gives a +1 over NVBs on attack. To me, they're the worst RP item, because NVBs can handle attack late in the game, and you can supplement your defense with cash items like the FBI shield for $1.5M. By the time you need that, it's not too expensive. Plus, you can always bolster defense with even cheaper defense buildings.

I'd buy NVBs until chain whips become available, then move on to exceleros from there. Having 200 or more of any (or all) of them wouldn't be wasteful, IMHO.

fuzzy
06-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I think NVBs are a great value, especially for the attack points. Full combat gear costs more than twice as much, but only gives a +1 over NVBs on attack. To me, they're the worst RP item, because NVBs can handle attack late in the game, and you can supplement your defense with cash items like the FBI shield for $1.5M. By the time you need that, it's not too expensive. Plus, you can always bolster defense with even cheaper defense buildings.

I'd buy NVBs until chain whips become available, then move on to exceleros from there. Having 200 or more of any (or all) of them wouldn't be wasteful, IMHO.

Why no RPGs?

Remember these players are new and low level they do not have the amount of "The Gun" that was nerfed.

For some one low level I would go NVB and Chain Whips.

Please now one yell at me for saying the next thing. Farm the rusty gun because you still need guns until RPGs are open.

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Why no RPGs?

Remember these players are new and low level they do not have the amount of "The Gun" that was nerfed.

Please now one yell at me for saying the next thing. Farm the rusty gun because you still need guns until RPGs are open.

arg... I didn't want to farm till I got to lvl 100 :(

(please don't get mad at moi either) where do I farm the rusty? (I really don't want to look this up...)

jmeijer
06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
arg... I didn't want to farm till I got to lvl 100 :(

(please don't get mad at moi either) where do I farm the rusty? (I really don't want to look this up...)Shooting Gallery at Boardwalk.

fuzzy
06-06-2012, 12:02 PM
To bad....

With all of comments today....go look it up

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Shooting Gallery at Boardwalk.

Thank you - I'm not at boardwalk yet :/

To bad....

With all of comments today....go look it up

Thanks fuzzy :P

sexkitteh
06-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Thank you for everyone's feedback BTW!!!

It was great... I know what needs to be done now.

You could say...

*puts on sunglasses*

I've been enlightened

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Dr Girlfriend
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Why no RPGs?

Because I forgot them! :)

They're actually a good value, too, and would come into play when you figure out where you need the most help.

2Legit
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Wow fuzzy, do u play ur 3 game accts all at once?!?? U def beat me 110% on being addicted to this game

Strawberry Cough
06-06-2012, 12:34 PM
i've passed on them because the offense you get from them can be replaced with explosives. Chain Whips are amazing.

fuzzy
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Wow fuzzy, do u play ur 3 game accts all at once?!?? U def beat me 110% on being addicted to this game

CC - Fuzzy is my fun account level 95 iPad 2

CC - Fuzz Ball is my Android Account - Its on my phone (work phone) still level 9 camper - to many bugs Android version to level up yet. It will be making 50k an hour

CC - What If ---- This is my wifes account. She is all about making money and doesn't have the heart to attack any one. She has no idea what she getting in for. She will for sure have her Night Clubs at Level 9 or 10.

KA - Fuzzy - Level 16 since April 21'st - I don't understand the game so I'm just upgrading buildings , vault and expanding and buying stuff. I might log in there 2 times a day 3 at the most. Never attacked anyone on this game. Did some story line to get me to level 16 to get some buildings unlocks.