PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Funzio Oversight (do they ever end?!)

dudeman
06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
So I was browsing the in-game menus as I sometimes like to do out of boredom, when I stumbled upon the Privacy Policy.

I didn't read it yet, but I already see something drastically wrong. With almost 900 years until it takes effect (on March 28, 2912) I think it means nobody has any privacy of any kind until then. I'm no legal expert but is the privacy policy not a legal document? This legal document does not take effect for another nine centuries, giving Funzio the freedom to use anyone's personal information in any way they please until then.

Funzio, can you guys please pay more attention to detail? Sloppy oversights like this have not done you good in the past and that certainly is not going to change moving forward.

Aid
06-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Hey in KA for the last event they had listed below level 100 and over level 100 for the income prize...at this time I don't even think KA level goes over 100

dudeman
06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Hey in KA for the last event they had listed below level 100 and over level 100 for the income prize...at this time I don't even think KA level goes over 100

I did see that. My guess is that they are planning to both icrease the level cap and run more events, so they started out the events with some copy/paste and other cookie cutter stuff that is the same in all of the "different" Conzio games.

That issue has nothing to do with a legal document though.

Sorry the pic is rotated 90°, that's how my iPad uploads stuff to photobucket and I don't know how to change/fix it.
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/3ce8a5f8.jpg

Dreno33
06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
So I was browsing the in-game menus as I sometimes like to do out of boredom, when I stumbled upon the Privacy Policy.

I didn't read it yet, but I already see something drastically wrong. With almost 900 years until it takes effect (on March 28, 2912) I think it means nobody has any privacy of any kind until then. I'm no legal expert but is the privacy policy not a legal document? This legal document does not take effect for another nine centuries, giving Funzio the freedom to use anyone's personal information in any way they please until then.

Funzio, can you guys please pay more attention to detail? Sloppy oversights like this have not done you good in the past and that certainly is not going to change moving forward.

i noticed this in early April and PMed CCM about it. Are you sh!tting me????? Nobody fµcking fixed it after all this time. wtf...

Max Power
06-06-2012, 08:11 AM
Photobucket has an editor where you can rotate images, if I am not mistaken.

dudeman
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Photobucket has an editor where you can rotate images, if I am not mistaken.

Looking around and not seeing it. My eyes are not 20/20, am I just missing something that's sitting right in front of my nose? That tends to happen sometimes.

Max Power
06-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Go into the image, go into the advanced editor, go nuts.

dudeman
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Go into the image, go into the advanced editor, go nuts.

I think photobucket for iPad might be different than regular photobucket? Idk, iPad PB is the first/only experience I have with the thing.

G Wiz
06-06-2012, 08:31 AM
What does rotating matter if we have no privacy!!! We can report them to support!!!!

Swifty
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Is that an oversight? Or plausible deniability?

Aid
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
I did see that. My guess is that they are planning to both icrease the level cap and run more events, so they started out the events with some copy/paste and other cookie cutter stuff that is the same in all of the "different" Conzio games.

That issue has nothing to do with a legal document though.

Sorry the pic is rotated 90°, that's how my iPad uploads stuff to photobucket and I don't know how to change/fix it.
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/3ce8a5f8.jpg

Sorry OP...by definition an oversight is an oversight regardless of the reason. Date...level..if it is wrong it is wrong. True not a legal document, but apologize for posting another oversight in your thread

RAZR
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
People that erroneous date issue is likely deliberate! This is a big issue that needs to be addressed ASAP by Funzio. It leaves evert player open to invasion of privacy. Typically, dates like these are put in to protect the company and most consumer DO NOT READ THE FINE PRINT!! Continue as I will...now that I'm aware, to seek out an answer. If there is no correction then you have your answer.

RAZR
06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Do piss down my back n tell me it's rainin' .

Max Power
06-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I think photobucket for iPad might be different than regular photobucket? Idk, iPad PB is the first/only experience I have with the thing.

If you are using the app instead of the program, you probably don't have edit features.

dudeman
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
People that erroneous date issue is likely deliberate! This is a big issue that needs to be addressed ASAP by Funzio. It leaves evert player open to invasion of privacy. Typically, dates like these are put in to protect the company and most consumer DO NOT READ THE FINE PRINT!! Continue as I will...now that I'm aware, to seek out an answer. If there is no correction then you have your answer.

Bump123456789

Joeycool
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
I would think it is not deliberate.

I would think it is more to do with funzio being completely inept.

dudeman
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey, Crime City Mark, I know you're online, I can see your green ball.

What the dillio?

Why don't we have a valid privacy policy? The current policy doesn't take effect until damn near the end of the millennium!!!

Spartacus
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Wow. That is one big goof up.

It is possible that there was a typo when they typed up that Privacy Policy. The "9" key is directly adjacent to the "0" key so they might have updated the Policy on March 28, 2012 and have simply made a typo.

Although, TBH, it is a BIG typo.

CCM where are you?

G Wiz
06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Wow. That is one big goof up.

It is possible that there was a typo when they typed up that Privacy Policy. The "9" key is directly adjacent to the "0" key so they might have updated the Policy on March 28, 2012 and have simply made a typo.

Although, TBH, it is a BIG typo.

CCM where are you?The person who made that error must have been in "solomon grundy" mode with those big fingers

Spartacus
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
The person who made that error must have been in "solomon grundy" mode with those big fingers

Haha, I wouldn't want that guy typing up my entire Privacy Policy! :)

dudeman
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
CCM where are you?

Popped in for a sarcastic response to one thread and promptly decided to poof, completely ignoring the importance of any other thread. Classic.

Joeycool
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Popped in for a sarcastic response to one thread and promptly decided to poof, completely ignoring the importance of any other thread. Classic.

Pretty standard.

dudeman
06-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Do I really need to keep bumping this thread?

Funzio, your customers deserve answers. And a valid, legally binding privacy policy.

Crime City Mark
06-06-2012, 01:18 PM
It's a typo that I've been trying to get fixed for a while now. I'm making another push for the fix today, so I'll try to let you know.

G Wiz
06-06-2012, 01:22 PM
It's a typo that I've been trying to get fixed for a while now. I'm making another push for the fix today, so I'll try to let you know.Thanks..

What about the other items on the grocery list???

dudeman
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
It's a typo that I've been trying to get fixed for a while now. I'm making another push for the fix today, so I'll try to let you know.

Cool. Thanks for looking into it. You know I'm just trying to be helpful, right? That's a pretty serious typo!

Crime City Mark
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks..

What about the other items on the grocery list???

That depends on the list we're talking about. Every bug, error, typo, or mistake my team or the players have found is something I'm trying to get fixed.

499Rat
06-06-2012, 02:07 PM
That depends on the list we're talking about. Every bug, error, typo, or mistake my team or the players have found is something I'm trying to get fixed.

You guys ever considered a Developer blog like other gaming companies do? I think a lot of the "complaining" on these forums comes from people frustrated with not knowing whether certain bugs are being worked on. Having your "list" available to the public would at least let people know things are being worked on. You would of course dumb the list down so that company secrets weren't revealed, but something would be better than the current state.

Take for instance the 18 hour extra RP and only 5 attack bug. It was really no big deal and mistakes happen, but throw a post up stating as much. "Sorry guys, our lead developer forgot his Red Bull at home today and typo'd the parameters file. Things should be back to normal now." People are invested emotionally in this game, and that is good for your bottom line. Keep them in the dialogue.

Joeycool
06-06-2012, 02:11 PM
You guys ever considered a Developer blog like other gaming companies do? I think a lot of the "complaining" on these forums comes from people frustrated with not knowing whether certain bugs are being worked on. Having your "list" available to the public would at least let people know things are being worked on. You would of course dumb the list down so that company secrets weren't revealed, but something would be better than the current state.

Take for instance the 18 hour extra RP and only 5 attack bug. It was really no big deal and mistakes happen, but throw a post up stating as much. "Sorry guys, our lead developer forgot his Red Bull at home today and typo'd the parameters file. Things should be back to normal now." People are invested emotionally in this game, and that is good for your bottom line. Keep them in the dialogue.

Welcome back! ;)

Crime City Mark
06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
SNIP

It's something I've considered and pushed for in the past.

G Wiz
06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
That depends on the list we're talking about. Every bug, error, typo, or mistake my team or the players have found is something I'm trying to get fixed.Sorry Mark. Didn't mean to make small of your duties that other companies have no problem keeping their user base updated on.

What I meant to say was that we don't know anything right now. Events have vanished, short of their dates etc. Just a little announcement that we are to expect some anomalies in the next few days is enough for everyone to keep their guard up.

PawnXIIX
06-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Does that mean that we have the privacy policy effective as of the supposed date of March 28, 2012? I know i'm just probably being pedantic but it is important to know to me...lawyer in the family and everything.

I do respect a company that has developers in the community. People just don't realize that you guys have jobs to do other than listen to people complain about your jobs on the forums. Not to start a firestorm here or something, but I understand your guys' predicament.