PDA

View Full Version : Crematoriums

Silvio
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
So I am rearranging my hood after an expansion, and having problems (yet again) with the placing of crematoriums to optimize space.

Anyone else have this issue? How do you place them?

Vicious...
06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Right now I only have two 40x16 islands available and no crematoriums, but I have already allocated space for them. I have one island divided in half for an area of 20x16. In it I have two internet companies, two zeus theaters, 10 gatling turrets, and 14x7 area leftover for two crematoriums. The other half of the island are 8x8s and 4x4s so every square in the 40x16 island will be utilized.

Note: The zeus theaters are also 7x7, so if you don't have them you can put some other odd 7x7 building there. Also, if you need to find a spot for 7x8 buildings, one 40x16 island can accomodate 4 7x8s (beachside inn, art house cinema for me), 4 8x8s (MT and lofts), and two 10x8s (magic playhouse) perfectly. I'd screenshot my hood but don't know how (I'm not on iOS).

Plux
06-05-2012, 02:47 PM
You just gave yourself a reason to skip Crematoriums and wait for a better sized money building for your 40x16 terminal. I have never touched Crematoriums as the Zeus Theatres needed a little thought to build-in. I use 5x5's, 4x5's and a 4x4 to square Zeus' off. Hope that helps. e.g Electronics Stores, Fish Stores, Dominicans (no offence to Haitians) and a 4x4 will give you the Blankety Blank Cheque Book and Pen of Puzzle Fitting.

Ramshutu
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I played Tetris before it came out on the original game boy. My score was so high it even wrapped round to 0. I have no problems with crematoriums.

Vicious...
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
You just gave yourself a reason to skip Crematoriums and wait for a better sized money building for your 40x16 terminal. I have never touched Crematoriums as the Zeus Theatres needed a little thought to build-in. I use 5x5's, 4x5's and a 4x4 to square Zeus' off. Hope that helps. e.g Electronics Stores, Fish Stores, Dominicans (no offence to Haitians) and a 4x4 will give you the Blankety Blank Cheque Book and Pen of Puzzle Fitting.
Well because my hood is pretty packed and I don't have expansion cash, I still use the space with a stray 6x6 or two. I hate building something with my last amount of room such that I can't move anything so I've left some space open. Upgrading is more important to me than building right now so I'm building gatling turrets and doing cheaper upgrades while saving for loft upgrades.

That reminds me, instead of the two 10x8 playhouses in the 40x16 island, you can use 8 4x5s instead. Right now I just put them in those less useful 16x10 islands on the edge of town (Dominicans, blues clubs, comedy clubs, and fish stores).

mnju_03
06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I played Tetris before it came out on the original game boy. My score was so high it even wrapped round to 0. I have no problems with crematoriums.

I love this!!! I just give mine the space needed, I don't worry... You could go look at my hoods for a visual. :)

dudeman
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I have 4 buildings that are 7x7. I placed all four on one end of a 16x40 block. The corner buildings are touching the sidewalk on two sides. The buildings next to them are touching the sidewalk too which leaves a 2x14 strip up the middle, and that space can be used to hide some 2x2 defense buildings. If you really want to square that off you can add 8 more 2x2 defense buildings on either side the 14x16 rectangle.

Euchred
06-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I have a 40x14 island for these buildings

Vicious...
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I love this!!! I just give mine the space needed, I don't worry... You could go look at my hoods for a visual. :)
Empty space everywhere, you're fired.

mnju_03
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Empty space everywhere, you're fired.

You now what!? You....you're right, sorry.