PDA

View Full Version : Level 4 vs. Level 5 Map Completion

buckeyespud
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
The pattern I see for areas is as follows.

1 - gold and exp.
2 - gold and exp.
3 - gold and exp.
4 - gold, exp, and honor.
5 - gold, exp, and skill point
5 FULL - gold, exp, and army unit.

So far I took the first area all the way up to 5 FULL and got the unit. I did this as well with the second area. I did notice the unit got much better, but not great by any stretch. The amount of time to go from 5 to 5 FULL is pretty high especially towards the middle maps. With that said I've taken the strategy that I am pretty much stopping once I get that skill point at level 5 ding, then going to the next map. I mean what is the point of filling out level 5 to full just to get an army unit, that may or may not survive. The more skill points I get, the more I can invest in monster damage, and thus maximize my camping efficiency.

Am I missing anything here. Has anyone here found truly remarkable army units by filling completely out that 5th level? I don't see any info on this in the spreadsheet.

Tate
06-05-2012, 09:26 AM
What do you mean by 5FULL? Am I missing something?

jeffelms
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
That's pretty much the strategy I've been using for a while. Every time I get a couple of skill points I put them into strength so it takes less hits to kill monsters, therefore I get less experience and don't level up as fast. It's a great way to get lots of free weapons and armor too. It's also helped during this event. I now have way more rune boxes than I can possibly open before the end of the event.

jeffelms
06-05-2012, 09:35 AM
What do you mean by 5FULL? Am I missing something?
When you complete level 1 you go to level 2, then when you complete level 2 you go to 3 and so on. But when you complete level 5 it doesn't go up to level 6. That is what he is talking about.

Skoty422
06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
You're a little off. Completion of lvl 3 gives the honor points. Completion of lvl 4 gives the skill point and completion of lvl 5 gives an indestructible unit. That cannot be lost.

Tate
06-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Ahhhhh, go it. Thanks for the clarification, I've only completed 1 area FULLY and didn't track the rewards...

buckeyespud
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
You're a little off. Completion of lvl 3 gives the honor points. Completion of lvl 4 gives the skill point and completion of lvl 5 gives an indestructible unit. That cannot be lost.

Ah okay if the units you win were actually really good AND indestructable, then it might be worth it to try and finish off some of these higher levels.

Skoty422
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
No problem. First map was a bandit leader with stats of 4/3. I think. Indestructible yet useless. Lol. Maybe the later maps are better.

Njwmrb
06-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I've only completed one map, Temple of Abaad gives a Sand Scorpion 18/15

Skoty422
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
That's not too bad. How long ago was that? Just wondering. That's one of my better farming spots. Well was til the upgrade. I wonder if they changed that also.

Njwmrb
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
That's not too bad. How long ago was that? Just wondering. That's one of my better farming spots. Well was til the upgrade. I wonder if they changed that also.

I think the last mission was 240 kills

buckeyespud
06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I've only completed one map, Temple of Abaad gives a Sand Scorpion 18/15

an 18/15 surely isn't something to sneeze at, but would it be worth 240 kills at that level? if you invest those 240 kills camping the next higher level up, the return on your army gear would be much greater than 18/15. I think Funzio needs to update the award to not only a unit, but also a skill point as well.

Njwmrb
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah that unit doesn't even go into battle for me

The_Red
06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah that unit doesn't even go into battle for me

raise your ally count. ;)

Njwmrb
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm thinking about going max allies and battling rams once all these seige towers die off... losing one of these towers is as expensive as losing 10 battling rams. Only problem is then my high priests are going to go into battle

The_Red
06-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah I'm thinking about going max allies and battling rams once all these seige towers die off... losing one of these towers is as expensive as losing 10 battling rams. Only problem is then my high priests are going to go into battle

Im switching to imps because of that.

P4TR1C14N
06-06-2012, 06:46 AM
The pattern I see for areas is as follows.

1 - gold and exp.
2 - gold and exp.
3 - gold and exp.
4 - gold, exp, and honor.
5 - gold, exp, and skill point
5 FULL - gold, exp, and army unit.

So far I took the first area all the way up to 5 FULL and got the unit. I did this as well with the second area. I did notice the unit got much better, but not great by any stretch. The amount of time to go from 5 to 5 FULL is pretty high especially towards the middle maps. With that said I've taken the strategy that I am pretty much stopping once I get that skill point at level 5 ding, then going to the next map. I mean what is the point of filling out level 5 to full just to get an army unit, that may or may not survive. The more skill points I get, the more I can invest in monster damage, and thus maximize my camping efficiency.

Am I missing anything here. Has anyone here found truly remarkable army units by filling completely out that 5th level? I don't see any info on this in the spreadsheet.

I finished 5 maps and didn't get once (afaik) an army unit. You can imagine probably how i feel...
Did sent support ticket to Funzio 2 days ago... no answer yet.

The_Red
06-06-2012, 06:49 AM
I finished 5 maps and didn't get once (afaik) an army unit. You can imagine probably how i feel...
Did sent support ticket to Funzio 2 days ago... no answer yet.

The unit you get is about as worthless as the units from the rune box deal, so you shouldn't be too hurt - unless you're clearing the hardest levels, which seems doubtful.

Hobtuse
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
the units are unique hence maybe to some people, it's worth completing? I am one of those actively trying to complete the areas despite the level 5 drop being easily outclassed.

here is a list, I have done the first 8 areas already, at level 4 for the infested cavern. was wondering if anyone knew any other area?

Lv5 Area Mastery
Bandit Leader 4/3 - Crossroads
Earth Warden 3/6 - Orc Camp
Wise Owlbear 5/6 - The Dark Forest
Unshackled Troll 8/5 - Morogdar's Den
Grave Monstrosity 11/4 - The Cursed Graveyard
Lesser Lich 12/5 - Lanibod's Crypt
Diseased Hydra 10/9 - Blighted Woods
Mistress of Snakes 8/13 - The Murky Wallows
Mountain Golem 11/12 - Highland Pass
Plague Worm 19/8 - The Infested Cavern
Sand Scorpion 18/15 - Temple of Abaad

erik41141
06-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Though i am utterly disgusted with the lack of competence from the funzio staff after this detestable event, i am still doing level 5 on dragon's roost. Ill let u all know what unit spawns from level 5 dragon's roost when it does. Oh and **** that event, i literally opened 13-14 boxes every single day of the event and only got to 8 gems. Pathetic. I have 172 boxes not opened, at least they should do something like trade in a certian # of boxes for gold or maybe a unit....****ing pathetic.

Freekizh
06-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Though i am utterly disgusted with the lack of competence from the funzio staff after this detestable event, i am still doing level 5 on dragon's roost. Ill let u all know what unit spawns from level 5 dragon's roost when it does. Oh and **** that event, i literally opened 13-14 boxes every single day of the event and only got to 8 gems. Pathetic. I have 172 boxes not opened, at least they should do something like trade in a certian # of boxes for gold or maybe a unit....****ing pathetic.

Oh goody...do I get $1 for this one?

P4TR1C14N
06-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Update: I did get a nice reply mail from Funzio with a good explanation. I did get apparently my units (didn't check yet myself due to lack of time).

Winstrol
06-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Just got Arctic dragon 34/29 from Dragon's Roost

Hobtuse
06-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Just got Arctic dragon 34/29 from Dragon's Roost
Cheers!

How many did you need to kill for level 5? 250?

Winstrol
06-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Cheers!

How many did you need to kill for level 5? 250?

it's 300 from level 4 to 5 and I'm wondering how many Dwarven mine will have:(