PDA

View Full Version : Casualty rate - valor units is too high

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm curious if everyone else is having the same problem; I'm losing an absurd amount of units, in particular high end valor units. It seems I lose 2-5 valor units almost everytime I attack someone, regardless of how powerfil they are. In addition, there are no new valor missions and I am unable to replace the lost valor units. Why wouldn't there be more missions with higher payout, to accomodate the newer, more expensive valor units? This game is getting real boring, under these most recent changes!! What are you guys experiencing?:mad::mad:

Selfproclaimed
06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
How many valor units you have? Have any meat shields?

Fazhang
06-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing, Im losing gigns like crazy. Before I had 3, and not one died during the pvp event, and I was top 500. Now, I attacked about 20 times and lost a couple of gigns

Mad
06-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Yes, when I lose, the Stealth Frigate seems to easily be the most consistent unit lost.

I have dozens of other weaker units going into the battle, I am not sure how Funzio determines when a unit is lost and then how it determines what unit is lost.

Obviously, Funzio's number one goal is to have you buy gold units and I suspect they enjoy taking out costly units to force people to buy gold.

Poopenshire
06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I lost 2 Super Hornets, 1 Avenger, AND 1 Mech Rover on a single attack. someone 1/2 def of my attack

JohnnyR
06-05-2012, 09:43 AM
What's your army composition guys? I'm tracking my casualty loss for SH right now per 1,000 attack/raid-about half way done and I suspect I'll end up with 10-11 lost. Not a casualty glitcher either, I just have massive amounts of meatshields, 900.

Poopenshire
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
i have 300 Super hornets and 210 stealth frigates 20 rover units and 1 hardened marine thats it out of my 1600 unit I have 960 meat sheilds. I lose atleast 1 valor unit per attack. and 1 in 10 attacks i lose 2 valor. and yes as above i lost 3 valor for a total of >1000 valor points in a single attack against a person less than half my att compared to their defense, and yes with ~1/3 of the units brought to battle. I swear I make up for everyone with loss casualt glitch with a high casualty glitch. this is how the server makes up for the numbers average. I am taking losses so someone else doesn't have to.

Warfiend
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm much lower level, so you can write this off if you want, but since upping my infirmary a couple levels and boosting my commandos to about 35 percent of my attack forces, It's the commandos who seem to bite the dust. Haven't lost a SF in probably the last 100 attacks. SFs are approximately 18 percent of my attack forces. I have lost about three cruisers and 3 hovercrafts during that time period(20 percent and 25 percent of my forces respectively).

In my relatively limited experience, casualty rates seem to drop for units the less a percentage they are of my attack forces. For me, it seems like keeping them just under 20 percent of my force composition ensures a manageable casualty rate for a given unit. Even the commandos seem to die less frequently when they drop below that number.

John Snow
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm much lower level, so you can write this off if you want, but since upping my infirmary a couple levels and boosting my commandos to about 35 percent of my attack forces, It's the commandos who seem to bite the dust. Haven't lost a SF in probably the last 100 attacks. SFs are approximately 18 percent of my attack forces. I have lost about three cruisers and 3 hovercrafts during that time period(20 percent and 25 percent of my forces respectively).

In my relatively limited experience, casualty rates seem to drop for units the less a percentage they are of my attack forces. For me, it seems like keeping them just under 20 percent of my force composition ensures a manageable casualty rate for a given unit. Even the commandos seem to die less frequently when they drop below that number.

I think you're right about force composition. I went through the PvP event and didn't lose a single SH. After the event I leveled up my infirmary to lvl 8 and bought 2 more SHs. Today, on two successive raids where my attack was more than double their defense, I lost those SHs. And neither had very many units strong against air.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM
How many valor units you have? Have any meat shields?
285 SH, 200 SF, 85 SE, 14 HM, 46 Spec ops heli,
36 EAD, 20 Mrls
Is what I have left now...
Plenty meat shields
100 a10 warthogs
100 flame throwers
1000 fighter jets
1000 rangers
1000 scouts
Etc...

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
I also have a substantial amount of gold units.

JohnnyR
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
285 SH, 200 SF, 85 SE, 14 HM, 46 Spec ops heli,
36 EAD, 20 Mrls
Is what I have left now...
Plenty meat shields
100 a10 warthogs
100 flame throwers
1000 fighter jets
1000 rangers
1000 scouts
Etc...

How many allies Bronco?

You won't be bringing your scouts or rangers with those numbers, remember it's only the top 2000 units, or whatever your ally/level number lets you bring. Looks like you have about 700 high valor units, if you're full ally, that's stilll a very high valor:meatshield ratio. Might need more flame throwers, etc...

-->FISH<--
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Where are you skill points after you lvl up? Mine usually go toward def. and I'm not having near the issue you guys are.
Bonus tid bit: I only buy stronger than units and I only lose seals and flame throwers and occasional units I had to get for missions.

Q Raider
06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
My current operation has been to make sure that the percentage of Attack strength for my Valor units does not exceed 40% of my total attack strength.

Seems to be working well enough, still have losses but not like when I went above that 40% number. I had several experiences of losing two and once three Valor units on a single attack each time I went over this figure.

Based on this assumption for me to operate the same units that Bronco928 has I would need an attack strength of 55.5K.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
What's your army composition guys? I'm tracking my casualty loss for SH right now per 1,000 attack/raid-about half way done and I suspect I'll end up with 10-11 lost. Not a casualty glitcher either, I just have massive amounts of meatshields, 900.

I have a pretty good mix of units, my first 45 units are all indestructible.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
How many allies Bronco?

You won't be bringing your scouts or rangers with those numbers, remember it's only the top 2000 units, or whatever your ally/level number lets you bring. Looks like you have about 700 high valor units, if you're full ally, that's stilll a very high valor:meatshield ratio. Might need more flame throwers, etc...

I have over 700 allies...

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Where are you skill points after you lvl up? Mine usually go toward def. and I'm not having near the issue you guys are.
Bonus tid bit: I only buy stronger than units and I only lose seals and flame throwers and occasional units I had to get for missions.

my defense skill points are well over 100...

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
My current operation has been to make sure that the percentage of Attack strength for my Valor units does not exceed 40% of my total attack strength.

Seems to be working well enough, still have losses but not like when I went above that 40% number. I had several experiences of losing two and once three Valor units on a single attack each time I went over this figure.

Based on this assumption for me to operate the same units that Bronco928 has I would need an attack strength of 55.5K.

I have plenty of powerful units...my attack score was 60.5K when this started.

Bronco928
06-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I have the following in my army too...
208 gold infantry units
109 gold ground units
116 gold air units
143 gold sea units

JohnnyR
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Bronco, it looks like your valor units are also acting as meatshields in your army based on your unit composition. 600 gold units and 700 valor units leaves 700 left for meatshields. You're in a bit of a bind, half your non-gold units are high cost valor units....

My experience with going low ally is that the casualty rate fluctuates depending on your unit composition. I had hundreds of strike eagles at about level 50-60, went low ally and they dropped like flies because they were the lowest unit in my army. Didn't lose them before going low ally, which is why I stocked up. Fact remains, when valors are too close to the bottom, or at the bottom-they will die off fast, no matter the casualty rate observed in the past. High numbers play a role as well. I think the death of units was compared to dice throwing in the past. Roll one and ya get a six about every six tries. Roll ten and you're almost guaranteed a six in there. Trick is to load up on crappy dice, or units. Thr magic percentage observed by one poster is less than 40% valor units. Mine is 20%. i suspect you'll have to test by trial and error. Your gold units might be making matters worse fir your valor units in terms of death rates.

JMC
06-05-2012, 08:05 PM
You attacking any really weak targets?

I have a good list of players i can attack who are all under 7-8K defence and bringing usually 750 units or less to battle vs my 2000. Get zero casualties on these guys just about every time.

Go any higher and my loss rate gets ridiculous, but maybe you just have to run through your rivals list and pick out a bunch of people to attack that will give you low loss rates.

Idk who you're attacking but most if not all the time i see others complaining about their casualties, they always say things like... I attack someone 50% of my strength, or 30% of my strength. That has always been far too much strength. Look for people who are under 15% of your strength and have a low amount of total units brought to battle.

Now with PvP rankings it is especially easy to find them. Any low ranked player is likely low ranked because he cannot participate in PvP as he's too weak. Or he is inactive and has been getting bashed for a while, therefore, is very weak. This isn't to say all low ranked players are weak though. Of course still raid them and check stats before hitting.

Bronco928
06-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Bronco, it looks like your valor units are also acting as meatshields in your army based on your unit composition. 600 gold units and 700 valor units leaves 700 left for meatshields. You're in a bit of a bind, half your non-gold units are high cost valor units....

My experience with going low ally is that the casualty rate fluctuates depending on your unit composition. I had hundreds of strike eagles at about level 50-60, went low ally and they dropped like flies because they were the lowest unit in my army. Didn't lose them before going low ally, which is why I stocked up. Fact remains, when valors are too close to the bottom, or at the bottom-they will die off fast, no matter the casualty rate observed in the past. High numbers play a role as well. I think the death of units was compared to dice throwing in the past. Roll one and ya get a six about every six tries. Roll ten and you're almost guaranteed a six in there. Trick is to load up on crappy dice, or units. Thr magic percentage observed by one poster is less than 40% valor units. Mine is 20%. i suspect you'll have to test by trial and error. Your gold units might be making matters worse fir your valor units in terms of death rates.

Thanks for the info...it appears the changes Funzio implemented yesterday have helped...I'm not losing nearly as many as I was, immediately after the tournament.

Sugarymama
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I am SO glad you started this thread. I am so sick of the number of units I lose in battle, particularly valor or very expensive units (e.g. eagle fighter jet, pavelow helicopter, etc.). And, this happens even when I beat players who are pretty weak compared to my stats. I do have meat shields (amphibious trooper, tree sniper, etc.), but no matter how many I acquire, the same crap happens.

Right now I'm upgrading my infirmary (level 5) and composites factory (level 8) to the max. I just upgraded my genetics lab as well. Does anyone know if that boost building makes a difference at all?

Also, how can I prevent raids? I've been losing $ in those. I can't vault while I'm sleeping, so I want to better defend my base..