PDA

View Full Version : Gold item prices

KemoKidd
06-05-2012, 09:05 AM
The cost for one Hellfire Missle is 150 and you get A:85 D:40. However, if you buy 3 Armor Crushers for 120 (40 each) you get A: 93 D:57. So is the second option the better deal or am I missing something?

Max Power
06-05-2012, 09:14 AM
That has always been the deal, whether for respect items of gold items. The sum of lower level items will add up to be a better deal initially, but your mob size is capped and in later game stages, you may have wished you bought better end game weapons.

In simple terms, at the beginning stages, combat boots seem like a great deal, but later on, they just get replaced with better weapons, making those respect points lost. Same is true with gold. If your budget is unlimited, you may not care, but most people care.

The Billionaire
06-05-2012, 09:27 AM
If you're going to make it to the end of the game then definitely buy the missile. If you're not then do whatever makes you happy.

P.S i've got 3 hellfire missiles and no armor crushers on my Avon Barksdale account.

sexkitteh
06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
The cost for one Hellfire Missle is 150 and you get A:85 D:40. However, if you buy 3 Armor Crushers for 120 (40 each) you get A: 93 D:57. So is the second option the better deal or am I missing something?

500x Hellfire = A42500 D20000
500x AC = A15500 D9500

Do the math...

PLUS

You got to remember that HM is a NON CONSUMABLE explosive... Chainwhip is 25/19 close enough to armor crusher - there is nothing that comes close to hellfire in the consumable explosive section.... closest is D25 (vs the 40) and it's consumable... you are paying extra because it's an explosive...

sexkitteh
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
The reality is if you are just buying a few random gold items - buy the crates...

It's a much better deal and the odds of getting an item worth 200+ gold is pretty damn good...

IF you need to equip specific items say explosives or melee - then yeah pick what you need...

What level are you?

I purchased 3 crates got 2 rares gave me a nice boost at lower level...

EDIT!

Ok - so at about 60 gold if you get 3 common items is not a great deal...

Dreno33
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
not to mention you will FILL up your melee category quickly, which means constant replacing. while your explosives most likely will never fill up (plus all cash explosives are consumable and pretty low stats).

DenZ1
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
not to mention you will FILL up your melee category quickly, which means constant replacing. while your explosives most likely will never fill up (plus all cash explosives are consumable and pretty low stats).

Low stats???
Chain Whip 25/19
Sarin Gas/Mine 30/25

which one is better? :) Consumable? So what.. What whould you need all those money for when you get to over $2-3M ph in income?

KemoKidd
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have mentioned I only purchased gold twice and don't see myself buying any more any time soon. Pretty obvious that 500 missles is better than 500 AC. I would never come close to buying that much! I wasn't even trying to decide between those two items. Those were the first two items in the "specials" section and I was curious. I do plan on playing for a long time so I guess my next purchase will be a big item instead of a few smaller ones!

sexkitteh
06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have mentioned I only purchased gold twice and don't see myself buying any more any time soon. Pretty obvious that 500 missles is better than 500 AC. I would never come close to buying that much! I wasn't even trying to decide between those two items. Those were the first two items in the "specials" section and I was curious. I do plan on playing for a long time so I guess my next purchase will be a big item instead of a few smaller ones!

Yeah if you just looking to get a few things but are unsure of best bang for buck - I think crates will be your answer...

OR - invest in gold buildings... my last gold purchase went towards 8 gold buildings...

If you plan on having 500 mobbies it's better to be able to afford the best for them income wise as opposed to buying a handful of really good gold items and having crap for the rest of your army...

It's all about balance... AND remembering there will ALWAYS be someone better than you lulz...

GazLegend
06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Plus you have to take into consideration if you buy gold guns/armour/vehicles your more likely to disband some of your **** equipment. So when you think your getting 93/57 you might be losing 10/8 as well so your net gain isn't as good as you think.

Whereas with hellfire your far less likely to kick out some older equipment

sexkitteh
06-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Plus you have to take into consideration if you buy gold guns/armour/vehicles your more likely to disband some of your **** equipment. So when you think your getting 93/57 you might be losing 10/8 as well so your net gain isn't as good as you think.

Whereas with hellfire your far less likely to kick out some older equipment

+1

The thing with explosives is that I can't justify buying just 1x hellfire... that's lame... I'd have to buy like 10-20 of them to REALLY notice a nice boost in stats... that's why I think the income is the better way to go...

I don't plan on buying gold till the next set of must get gold buildings and then I'll see what's left to do...

Maybe I'll buy weapons at a higher level...

The other thing that is kind of crazy is that event items are BETTER than the 50-100 gold items...

Forceful CQG a total of 98 points... the closest thing I think is the rifle for 140gold 149 points...