PDA

View Full Version : Wall comments with symbols causing crash?

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Posted in Technical, iOS sub-forum:

Please help! I sent in an email to support, already. Here's why:

I received a message on my wall from a friend with some flowers that I wanted to repost on my own wall. I copy/pasted a lot of them, maybe 40-50+ (I know, rediculous, but I think they are pretty.) I tapped the send button & crash, forced close.

I tried several times to get back to my game, but I kept getting the "cannot connect to server" message. So, knowing what usually helps when there is a log-in problem, I restarted my wi-fi & router, still no connection, but I can still log-in to CC & MW without any problems, so my connection should be good on my iPad.

Next, I deleted the app & re-installed it... Still no connection, hit retry & I sometimes can log-in for a second, but it crashes & closes before I can do anything.

A friend tried going to my kingdom 10 times & every time they tried to visit, their game crash, too.

I was thinking about transferring my game to my iPhone, but if it is server-side, that'll do no good.

With the event going on & the timer ticking down, it is really frustrating not being able to play!
If anyone has had this problem & knows how I can get my kingdom back, I sure would appreciate the help or any suggestions. Thanks :) Clementine, level 49

Sorry about the "double post" but I wanted the KA forum to see this before it happens to someone else. Remember in the beginning, the symbol/icons didn't work on the comments wall? Now those symbol icons do work, but didn't work for me when I tried to post way too many on my own wall, bad mistake. Btw, the friend/ally who sent the flowers & friend who crashed when visiting are different players, if that matters. IDK.

I'm just really bummed because I can't play. I missed out on my first Lender getting finished & I have 90+ Rune Boxes to open with the event timer ticking down. I know it hasn't even been a whole day, but I'm a 24/7 player, heh, so the withdrawal is killing meeee! Thank goodness KA is not crack! It'll be ok. :)

Freekizh
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Yes..some symbols like + and stuff like that cause a fatal error.

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes..some symbols like + and stuff like that cause a fatal error.

Well, this is a first for me.

I had a large number of flowers posted on Vile Lynn's wall in CC until they scrolled off, so I never thought it would cause a problem like this... I know, different game & all, but same company.

I'm trying to be positive about it, but it gets harder with every passing minute.

The_Red
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Hmmm. Guess when someone attacks you constantly you should start leaving them weird symbols on their comment walls? ;)

Does it only crash when you look at the wall?

Hapl0
06-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Lol, The_Red, you are evil.

Freekizh
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Lol, The_Red, you are evil.

I think its his mind thats crashing from all the failed attempts at getting rogue weapon upgrades LOL

The_Red
06-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I think its his mind thats crashing from all the failed attempts at getting rogue weapon upgrades LOL

seg fault.

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Hmmm. Guess when someone attacks you constantly you should start leaving them weird symbols on their comment walls? ;)

Does it only crash when you look at the wall?

lol, I could never be so evil :p

It crashes about 1 second after loading. I usually have to hit "retry" for the game to load after the first connection failure, then it immediately crashes.

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Minor update:

I got a pop-up saying that a player wanted to join my alliance.

I tried to login, connection failure, tapped retry, logged in for 1-2 seconds. In that flash, I saw that I won an attack 12 hours ago, so I guess my news is up, not my comments wall like I thought, and all the stats across the top read "0000000." They probably read all zeros because my info hasn't loaded all the way... hmmm.

Anyway, still waiting to play again. This is some hardcore camping.

CounterSniper
06-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Minor update:

I got a pop-up saying that a player wanted to join my alliance.

I tried to login, connection failure, tapped retry, logged in for 1-2 seconds. In that flash, I saw that I won an attack 12 hours ago, so I guess my news is up, not my comments wall like I thought, and all the stats across the top read "0000000." They probably read all zeros because my info hasn't loaded all the way... hmmm.

Anyway, still waiting to play again. This is some hardcore camping.

Bummer! At least you have MW and CC to whittle away at. :cool:

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Bummer! At least you have MW and CC to whittle away at. :cool:

Hi CS! :cool:
Yeah, but.... but... but... I like my KA game more than my CC or MW games...
*sigh* yeah, at least I have those.

CounterSniper
06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I feel your pain! Believe me.

Freekizh
06-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi CS! :cool:
Yeah, but.... but... but... I like my KA game more than my CC or MW games...
*sigh* yeah, at least I have those.

Oh you make you me so proud to hear you say that :) *wipes tears*

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh you make you me so proud to hear you say that :) *wipes tears*

lol!
Hand me a tissue, please... I miss my Kingdom...

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 06:29 PM
I feel your pain! Believe me.

Want some flowers, CS? :cool:

CounterSniper
06-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Want some flowers, CS? :cool:

No thanks, Im good!! :cool:

Vile Lynn
06-05-2012, 06:32 PM
No thanks, Im good!! :cool:

lol, yes... Yes, you are good! :cool:

CounterSniper
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
lol, yes... Yes, you are good! :cool:

Aaw Shucks!

Vile Lynn
06-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Going on Day 2 without my Kingdom...

No further word from Funzio's tech support besides the initial, "we are checking into your issue" confirmation reply, which is fine & appreciated. At least I have a ticket number. I sent a reply explaining that allies are unable to visit my kingdom & it causes their game to crash. No reply but didn't expect one.

I'm not sure how or why, but I have gotten a few pop-up alerts saying so&so wants to join my alliance.

Apparently, there has been some activity in my realm: in the split second before crashing I can see my news feed. I have been attacked twice & won from two different rivals. Maybe they blindly attacked from the Battle List since none of my allies have been able to visit without crashing... hopefully, that means rivals can't visit & raid either.

Thanks goes to all who have tried to visit along with my apologies for causing your game to crash.

Just twiddling my thumbs with CC & MW until my KA game gets fixed... Sure hope it is soon. :)

Freekizh
06-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Hang in there! All good things come to those who wait. In the meantime don't be sad .. Destroy someone's army in MW...muahaha

Joe Brown1
06-06-2012, 01:24 PM
VL - Freekizh has a good point - besides, I am spending more time on KA and doing a very bad job collecting in MW (and I have about $450K/hr so there is a fair amount there) Look for Wolverine and go to town.:D I think I am lvl 52 or 53 in MW.

I'll even stop collecting at all in MW while KA is down for you - just to make it fun.

Vile Lynn
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Hang in there! All good things come to those who wait. In the meantime don't be sad .. Destroy someone's army in MW...muahaha
lol, I have been... Attack until they are too tired & then I raid until there's nothing left. I almost feel bad for my rivals.

VL - Freekizh has a good point - besides, I am spending more time on KA and doing a very bad job collecting in MW (and I have about $450K/hr so there is a fair amount there) Look for Wolverine and go to town.:D I think I am lvl 52 or 53 in MW.

I'll even stop collecting at all in MW while KA is down for you - just to make it fun.

Aww, Thanks Joe! I think I have seen you on my rivals list. I'm level 53. Maybe I'll give you a visit :D wow, you do have an awesome iph! Mine is only 149K. This is the first time I've worked at any MW event... just got #6!

Joe Brown1
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Happy to contribute to the well being of a fellow forum member. I collected earlier today so there is not much there right now but in 2hrs 40 min you can hit some lvl 4 Chemical Plants and in about 6rs some lvl 3 oil rigs. Should be great pickings in the morning - and I am lvl 52. Have fun!:cool:

Vile Lynn
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm back in my kingdom!!!

Thank you, tech support!!! :D
Awesome job!!! Could not be happier!

Everyone who helped me pass the time on the forum... Thank you, too :)

Update:
I still have all 90 of my event rune boxes, got to collect from every building, no raids, no lost attacks, everything is back perfectly, except for the message with the symbols. The techs must have deleted it. All is well! :D

CounterSniper
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome Back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPaed8I3V1A

Hapl0
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats VL! Have a good day and play!