PDA

View Full Version : Is Thugs Life worth it now?

Jill
06-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I have just completed TL 310 and other than the respect points earned the equipment won at 305 & 310 are pretty much useless at my level, Sirrated Blade & a Yamaha bike.

Surely the 301 TL must be worth more especially when you now can only attack a player 5 times meaning it takes double the opponents to complete a TL level.

Beginning to think collect your respect point by normal fighting and forget the TL 301 unless the 5 lvl prizes are worth winning.

silverbackspur
06-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Yes why not. Just click rival list after 5 hits and then look for someon else. Not a big deal really imo

RijilV
06-05-2012, 07:48 AM
depends, if you're going after RP anyhow the 500 extra RP every 150 fights (averaging over TL 301 -> 400) is 3 1/3 extra RP per fight. Out of the cycle of 8 repeating items, you'll get 1 each of the high end RP items (a 3750 RP value) (basically 3/5's of an additional RP per fight). Not to mention the possibility for things like the thug smg.

DenZ1
06-05-2012, 08:02 AM
I have just completed TL 310 and other than the respect points earned the equipment won at 305 & 310 are pretty much useless at my level, Sirrated Blade & a Yamaha bike.

Surely the 301 TL must be worth more especially when you now can only attack a player 5 times meaning it takes double the opponents to complete a TL level.

Beginning to think collect your respect point by normal fighting and forget the TL 301 unless the 5 lvl prizes are worth winning.

Jill, its always worth it. But whats up with stupid blade and bike? What a smart$$ figure out it'll be a good reward at levels past 150??? They can't even make it right nowadays. Its just copy /paste code and replace 105 with 305... Common...

DenZ1
06-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Yes why not. Just click rival list after 5 hits and then look for someon else. Not a big deal really imo
I guess you have all the time in the world to spend on this game...
We don't.. It takes extra 5 minutes of my time.. per stamina bar..

cookie monster
06-05-2012, 08:20 AM
The Thug Life level I'm on is at 120 mafia. I have leveled up four times and yet to see anyone above 115. So now I'll have to find two people with 120 instead of one? Awesome.

And while I wait to find these people, I can't access two of the other PvP goals b/c they cycle through the goal list.

I don't like complaining about this game, repeatedly, but they're making it hard not to find something to complain about. It's still a developmental game, so I hope the game engineers actually read some of our complaints and take them into account when considering modifications for Crime City. On the whole, the game does seem to be running a lot better on my phone in recent weeks. Almost no force closes and the slow downs are fewer and far between.... I am happy about that even if the other facets of game play satisfaction seem to be wholely neglected.

koralene
06-05-2012, 08:35 AM
I will still be doing the thug life goals just to do them but sadly the respect items don't do anything for my stats anymore. I just bought my last 50 exeleros needed.

AppleMacGuy
06-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I will still be doing the thug life goals just to do them but sadly the respect items don't do anything for my stats anymore. I just bought my last 50 exeleros needed.

Ditto...I'm currently spending RP on FCG...seriously...it adds 1/1 to my stats lol! Just cos ther's nothing else to do with the RP...

Max Power
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
I still get a good boost from Exceleros because I have a bunch of Double Deckers, but honestly, it's getting less and less worth it and with all the 499ers and harder to find people, I am just not that into it anymore.

SevenO9
06-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Either the algorithm for the rival list plays tricks on me or there are simply no 499er on my level (126).

I can refresh like 20 times and see only 500. Amazing but bad for my "rat catching week".

I bet once I go back to full TL there will be lots of 499er. Can Funzio read my mind? Conspiracy theory!

msjo
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
The Thug Life level I'm on is at 120 mafia. I have leveled up four times and yet to see anyone above 115. So now I'll have to find two people with 120 instead of one? Awesome.

On the rivals list, it shows them with the maximum mafia for your level (i.e., at level 24, 120 mafia [level * 5 = max mafia]). But some of those people will actually have more mob members than the maximum, so if you click on them in the rival list and look at their profile, you should be able to find some with high enough mob numbers for thug life. It's an annoying extra step, but it will at least let you keep doing the goals without leveling up.

mnju_03
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM

It may not be worth it in reward sense for you but for the masses, this keeps things moving forward, don't you think?
I don't understand the whole 5 attack thing, I may be way off base here... It could be a huge hiccup or conspiracy...

I could see it's main point to grab players for longer. But I don't knooooooooooooooooow.

Lasic
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
You guys seem to know what's worth getting for my RP, I would appreciate some advices :) I'm 55 lvl with ~23k RP at the moment (my first goal was 50 Yamahas on ~40 lvl, just when it's unlocked, and I did it) and looking for a new goal. I lvl pretty slowly, cause I play on an iPod so I need wifi - so I basically play in the morning and evening, sometimes its just collecting. Anyway - I don't feel like waiting for Exeleros. The best stuff I can get at the moment would be Chain Whips - they are pretty much High End, arent they? I'm considering buying those now :)

Max Power
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Chain Whips will be with you until end of game. Buy them.

SevenO9
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah get Chain Whips. Get hundreds. And then get some more. They are awesome

Dr Girlfriend
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I just attacked someone 10 straight times. Woohoo! Maybe it was a glitch, or maybe enough people complained that they opted to fix it. :)

mnju_03
06-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah get Chain Whips. Get hundreds. And then get some more. They are awesome

But when is enough, enough!?