PDA

View Full Version : Dear Funzio

Luciferianism
06-05-2012, 04:29 AM
Your new update regarding us only being able to hit a player five times sucks major ass.

Yours Angrily,
Every crime city player

Nudie
06-05-2012, 04:36 AM
I totally agree with OP

xXSycoXx
06-05-2012, 04:46 AM
I agree too and really considering not spending any more real money on this game now

Ramshutu
06-05-2012, 04:48 AM
This is slightly more inconvenient, but it is not really a big deal.

People would be up in arms in the same way if the original cap was 5 and funzio raised into 10 :)

SevenO9
06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Agreed Ramshutu. I am fine with most changes. After 5 years active WoW playing I am used to constant nerf/buff cycles.

There is one big difference though: Companies like Blizzard go to all lengths to inform players before a change is applied. Funzio just releases them and that drives me mad.

Burn
06-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Fuss about nothing, at worst it means an extra clck to select a new target.

There are supposedly millions of active players. Plenty of targets.

So you hit twice as many people 5 times, is it a really such a drama?

Frankly, it mean I get to 'visit' twice as many people, which doubles my opportunity of finding something worthwhile.

But then I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.

doinkent
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
agree with the last 3 comments. ger over it. and to the guy whos not spening any money because of this- lol

JuSt.SiCk
06-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Frankly, it mean I get to 'visit' twice as many people, which doubles my opportunity of finding something worthwhile.

But then I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.

But it will be harder now to complete TL. Afaik arenīt there many ppl with 500 mobs, only 499. And those few with 500 can only be attacked 5 times now, not 10. So u have to search a lot more to complete TL now in the Future.

QPR
06-05-2012, 05:44 AM
What gets me is they make this change without notifying anyone in advance

Aid
06-05-2012, 05:47 AM
But it will be harder now to complete TL. Afaik arenīt there many ppl with 500 mobs, only 499. And those few with 500 can only be attacked 5 times now, not 10. So u have to search a lot more to complete TL now in the Future.

And you can only attack 5 times in 24 hours, newsfeed for revenge is useless. I have refreshed rival list multiple times...and tried to attack several players, all of them are too beat up for me and they have nothing to rob, if I cannot attack them and they have nothing to rob take them off my rivals list.

Feng1234
06-05-2012, 06:00 AM
I'm a robber all the way so don't really care. 5 hits is enough for me except it reduces chances of winning event boxes. Otherwise I'll go with the change.

crybaby
06-05-2012, 06:04 AM
No big deal for me really, just attack 5x, then rob them 5x lol works for me. But, I was thinking...maybe they started this because of the recent PVP event. So even people with little amount of stamina will have a fair chance at winning future PvP events. There were quite a few folks that didn't bother to participate in the event because they had low stamina and felt they had no chance. But, this is just my opinion. :-)

Feng1234
06-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Good point and will make lives of high stamina players harder. Still if it's an event, ppl will still use up all stamina no matter what so not much of a difference.

Max Power
06-05-2012, 06:09 AM
People would be up in arms in the same way if the original cap was 5 and funzio raised into 10 :)

Of course they would, because making changes like this effect fundamental game play, like how you allocate your skill points. Any change in game play effects the decisions people have been making for months. Why wouldn't they be pissed?

And with the number of 499s out there these days, I am thinking I am pretty much done with TL goals. Maybe that what they intended, who knows? God knows they will never tell us.

Burn
06-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Funzio will always be changing things, for them maximising the revenue they can extract from their players is a never-ending series of cause and effect experiments.

Some changes will be minor, some major.

Personally, in gameplay terms, I like it - adapt or die - and is a big reason why my gameplay strategy is about taking what I can today (active play) rather than any long term strategy (economy or camping) - you simply cannot plan long-term when Funzio are at liberty to change the fundamentals of the game any time they want.

Take it. You have no choice. So best to treat it as just another gameplay variable that tests your ability to constantly adapt and flourish.

Ramshutu
06-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Of course they would, because making changes like this effect fundamental game play, like how you allocate your skill points. Any change in game play effects the decisions people have been making for months. Why wouldn't they be pissed?

And with the number of 499s out there these days, I am thinking I am pretty much done with TL goals. Maybe that what they intended, who knows? God knows they will never tell us.

Clicking 5 times instead of ten, or having to search a little bit more on the rival list is not a fundamental change. If you have noticeable problems finding people with a 5 hit limit, you certainly have noticeable issues finding 10 as well.

Max Power
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Clicking 5 times instead of ten, or having to search a little bit more on the rival list is not a fundamental change. If you have noticeable problems finding people with a 5 hit limit, you certainly have noticeable issues finding 10 as well.

Depends on how much time you have and how and when you play the game.

With the rash of 499ers, you now have to find twice as many 500 level players to hit, and with the limys, they will be available half the time for attacking.

It makes stamina kind of a waste.

Yahkin
06-05-2012, 07:39 AM

It's more than just that. If you rob before attacking, then you get zero attacks. And it is not 5 successful attacks anymore. It is 5 attempts. Win or lose, you only get 5 chances per rival now. It is a significant change to gameplay.

G Wiz
06-05-2012, 07:59 AM

But then I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.whats in the glass? Lol ;)

Burn
06-05-2012, 08:02 AM
http://i.thestreet.com/files/tsc/mainstreet-photos/photo-gallery/art-gallery/expensivedrinks11.jpg

Joeycool
06-05-2012, 08:03 AM
I like it! It means Payam can now only Spam 5 - 0 on my wall, and not his traditional 10 - 0! ha ha!

koralene
06-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I think Funzio should have notified us of the change before they did it but that is classic funzio... they leap before they look :)

AppleMacGuy
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
5 hits is enough for me except it reduces chances of winning event boxes.

I thought that would be the case too...but it doesn't seem to be...

AppleMacGuy
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
With the rash of 499ers, you now have to find twice as many 500 level players to hit, and with the limys, they will be available half the time for attacking.

It makes stamina kind of a waste.

Those players who have gone heavy Stamina or energy will or are suffering accordingly, e.g. at the start of an event when boxes are scarce the best way to obtain them is doing decent energy jobs...now, thoe with too much energy might struggle to burn through it in a quick sitting...

I suppose the moral of the story is that the players who've opted for balance has an 'advantage'...not blowing my own trumpet but 89 stamina and 2500 energy hasn't been such a bad call...:p

Max Power
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
I think Funzio should have notified us of the change before they did it but that is classic funzio... they leap before they look :)

Funzio core philosophy:

Ready, Fire, Aim!

DenZ1
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Funzio core philosophy:

Ready, Fire, Aim!

Ha.. It is even worse...

Fire, Ready, Aim... :) :)

Ramshutu
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Ha.. It is even worse...

Fire, Ready, Aim... :) :)

Fire, ready, aim, ready again, fire, shoot self in foot. Aim.

xXSycoXx
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
its so crap now

beat someone up 5 times before for TL goals and he managed to rob me
and i can't attack him back even tho he is available to be attacked

dudeman
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Things that are fcuked because of this change:

1. My rivals list is populated with "filler". Rivals who have no cash on hand, no buildings to rob, and are NOT too beat up except I have already put in my 5 hits.
2. It's now a waste of time to visit hoods because in the event that you can actually fight the rival, you only get 5 hits. It takes longer to load the rival's hood and check their stats than it does to hit them 5 times.
3. The revenge button is now pointless. How can you exact revenge on a rival who has nothing to rob and is untouchable to you but not others?

Crime City was really cool once, and then Funzio decided to take the "successful social games" route while dumping the "fun to play with fiends" idea.

Found in the "about" section of the Funzio web site (http://www.funzio.com/?page_id=15):

Funzio leads in creating advanced and successful social games for Facebook, Google+, and mobile, that are fun to play with friends. Our vision is to invent a future where people can play immersive games together wherever and whenever they are. We have two titles to-date – Crime City and Modern War – both of which have been instant hits, each landing at the top of the App Store charts. Our executive team has developed and published games at Zynga, Storm8, Electronic Arts, and Hi5, and the company is well funded by IDG Capital Partners and IDG Ventures SF. We are headquartered in San Francisco’s SoMa district.

Seems like they haven't updated their website in a while. I guess they want to do whatever it is they do behind closed doors in their offices, and the rest of the world be damned.