PDA

View Full Version : Next Tournament!

manbeast
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
What kind of tournament would you like to see next??

I love these tournaments. The pvp one was more fun than this one. Love the competitive aspect.

So what kind of tournament would yall like to see next??

edit- I meant to throw in a poll but forgot to check the box :(
also, i'm not saying we need another tourny right now, just whenever there is one

commandNconquer
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
here is my idea tournament : for each allies number the 5 person with highest density will win.

knowing there is a possibility of 1 to 500 there would be 2500 winners

that would make people improve their armies and boost buildings instead of focusing on money buildings !

BadBoyz
06-04-2012, 05:55 PM
here is my idea tournament : for each allies number the 5 person with highest density will win.

knowing there is a possibility of 1 to 500 there would be 2500 winners

that would make people improve their armies and boost buildings instead of focusing on money buildings !

In my opinion, $$$ buildings is an incentive bonus. I concentrate more on BP, valors and XP points. The money units are only for meat shields since they are easily lost in battles.

andymac106
06-04-2012, 06:00 PM
I think we should have another PvP tourny soon. Maybe a raid/attack only one to mix it up

Gritix
06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
In my opinion these PVP tournaments are almost pointless with alot of players, the chance of Modern War players winning any of these PVP tournaments are extremly rare. Only the players that spend real money on this game will have a chance and that has to be is the thousands of dollars. I think Funzio should focusson Missions or somthing, I did like the thing where we had to find crates and Spy plans but at some points i felt cheated when i would be at 9 spy plans/crates and would be spending almost 500,000$ just to get that last one and than it would be to late because of the time.

andymac106
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
In my opinion these PVP tournaments are almost pointless with alot of players, the chance of Modern War players winning any of these PVP tournaments are extremly rare. Only the players that spend real money on this game will have a chance and that has to be is the thousands of dollars. I think Funzio should focusson Missions or somthing, I did like the thing where we had to find crates and Spy plans but at some points i felt cheated when i would be at 9 spy plans/crates and would be spending almost 500,000$ just to get that last one and than it would be to late because of the time.

I didnt spend any money and I was in the top 250 with even getting a good 8+ hours night sleep :P And you can keep opening crates(or whatever specific item it is) after the event just saying

Gritix
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I didnt spend any money and I was in the top 250 with even getting a good 8+ hours night sleep :P And you can keep opening crates(or whatever specific item it is) after the event just saying

I find that hard to believe but if you say you did than you did but if anything that was pure luck especially when you didnt even spend a single dime....

andymac106
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I find that hard to believe but if you say you did than you did but if anything that was pure luck especially when you didnt even spend a single dime....

I mean I did 1800 fights but I like the game what can I say. Then again people didnt start til the first leader board was up cuz they had the same mindset as you so I had a ~500 jumpstart

manbeast
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM

1. the pvp tourny was the easiest event to win so far. i won, and all i did was switch back to usa. without spending a dollar, i went from being off the leaderboard, to #257 in 2 days. just keeping my stamina empty.

2. i'm not talking about crate events. i hate those. i believe they are based purely on luck.

Gritix
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
1. the pvp tourny was the easiest event to win so far. i won, and all i did was switch back to usa. without spending a dollar, i went from being off the leaderboard, to #257 in 2 days. just keeping my stamina empty.

2. i'm not talking about crate events. i hate those. i believe they are based purely on luck.

I was just stating my opinion It just matters how much time you have on your hands, unfortunatley I am still in school and exams are approaching and i just dont have the time to keep my eye on the stamina bar like others.

Blackstone
06-04-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm not even sure what the last tournament was all about, so I have no idea for future tournaments...however, I did like the PVP tourney because you had some control on the outcome - crate events are getting old and I agree are just based on luck.

That said we'll probably get a new crate event starting tomorrow.

Hello Kitty
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm not even sure what the last tournament was all about, so I have no idea for future tournaments...however, I did like the PVP tourney because you had some control on the outcome - crate events are getting old and I agree are just based on luck.That said we'll probably get a new crate event starting tomorrow.PvP has been my favorite Funzio event of all of them! Think it was because it was leaning more towards relying on the strategy I had been using to date versus sheer luck as with crates.

Selfproclaimed
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I'd like a crate event next. To give me a break. I play on an iPad ,not an iPhone. And I'm not about to carry my iPad everywheres I go just for an event,lol

MaverickMunkey
06-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not even sure what the last tournament was all about, so I have no idea for future tournaments...however, I did like the PVP tourney because you had some control on the outcome - crate events are getting old and I agree are just based on luck.

That said we'll probably get a new crate event starting tomorrow.

I think that if the crate events were more spaced out - maybe once a month or every 6 weeks - they wouldn't have become so tired so quickly.

Dr. Dengus
06-04-2012, 08:00 PM
This has probably been mentioned before, but a Raiding PvP Tournament would be fun. Top 500/1000 players who accumulate the most money from raiding win a prize.

John Snow
06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I like the raiding idea and the PvP tourney was fun, but Funzio needs to create more level-based brackets. There's simply no way for lower level players to compete with people with 50+ stamina.

06-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Another player here who hasn't spent a single gold bar or any real money on this game, slept an average of 8 hours a day during the tournament and ended up in the top 300. 30 stamina, no country or unit bonus whatsoever to boost the refill rate of my stamina.

If anything, I'd love Funzio to announce an upcoming event/tournament a few days in advance. A few missed hours could decide the outcome for many players since these tournaments only last for a couple of days.

Blackstone
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I think that if the crate events were more spaced out - maybe once a month or every 6 weeks - they wouldn't have become so tired so quickly.

Agree. They sure are running these events into the ground. Can't wait to see what their idea of an "Epic Item" is whenever that comes out. My idea of "Epic" would be 500 atk / 500 def :)

Wambo
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM

How do you know you was #257 on the leader boards? Wtf am I missing lol?

JMC
06-07-2012, 12:33 AM
How do you know you was #257 on the leader boards? Wtf am I missing lol?

Leaderboards are stickied and on the first post.

siL
06-07-2012, 02:47 AM

I dont agree with your statement Gritix...
Of course, I love the crates/boxes events, as it gives all player a chance to win indestructible units...
BUT for PvP event, where you said that only players that spend real money will win, is absolutely wrong!!
I could say this proudly, because I am on of the free players that don't spend gold on events, but still won the last pvp event, just because I hit pvp hard each hour, after my stamina is refilled...
the side effect is not good, because I have levelled up 10+ levels at that time
but when I started, I was level 35 with 30 allies, and ended up with lvl 46...I was ranked 169 at the end of the event
IMO, PvP is more of a certain kind of event, where if you are dilligent enough to attack players, you will eventually get in the leaderboards, and get the item...

PvP in my opinion is far fairer then IPH contest, which a lot of us new players wont be able to compete with all the senior players...(of course this will be different if incomes from raids and attacks are calculated in the equation).

RedLabit
06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
How about an event for the most exp points gained within a period...
I bet Funzio will like this as it will motivate campers to start moving along... hehehe

Tctiger
06-07-2012, 06:15 AM
This may be a bit radical for funzio but how about a tournament with rules so we know what to do and we could have a leader board so we know if we are waisting our time and last of all how about results at the end of the tournament . Or is that asking too much?

EatSleepFly
06-07-2012, 07:12 AM

How did you switch back to USA without spending anything? Funzio wants me to fork up 50 gold to switch back.

Arj
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
The first pvp tourny was the best in my opinion just on the basis that anyone could of won if you spent all the time during the event attacking. You didnt need to use gold and it almost was certain you would win if you did this. I won(#273 i think) not being usa nation and missing time sleeping just by unloading 40 TJ gold and spending awake hours attacking.

Im not a gold spender and was only level 47 from the start, level played no factor on this tourny, the other tournys either are dependent on your level/stats/iph or are just luck.......

Id like to see a tourny for BP which i think was mentioned, add in the raid aspect and also make it important to fight stronger opponents.......this would have to be broken into 4-5 sections though considering higher levels get more BP.

Arj
06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
How did you switch back to USA without spending anything? Funzio wants me to fork up 50 gold to switch back.

Read the threads on TAPJOY on the forums, you can make around 10-40gold a week depending on how often you check it and the offers that come.

Fazhang
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I was top 150 after the first set of results came out and I am a free player

Fazhang
06-07-2012, 11:59 AM
And I was level 2X with about 20 stamina

Agent Orange
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I think you need to approach the problem from a different perspective. You need to figure out what kind of challenge will make Funzio the most money. Therefore I would say make a challenge for the player with the highest A/D strength based on gold units.

And also have a prize for the lowest 500 players with the weakest stats for gold units. Give them each 1 Grunt.

manbeast
06-07-2012, 08:53 PM

like they said. tapjoy gold.

I think you need to approach the problem from a different perspective. You need to figure out what kind of challenge will make Funzio the most money. Therefore I would say make a challenge for the player with the highest A/D strength based on gold units.

And also have a prize for the lowest 500 players with the weakest stats for gold units. Give them each 1 Grunt.

Strongest gold army? lol i'm out..

but they could do one for strongest navy/infantry/airforce! could run all 3 at the same time and give different prize for each