PDA

View Full Version : Any honor/mercy

Fukersir
06-04-2012, 04:12 PM
So am I the only one who feels bad and stops when attacking players who've saved their money to buy something good ? Minus gold players, if you bought units im taking you for all you got ;)

Jackofalltrades
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
It's a war game, I don't feel bad for anything.

manbeast
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
i dont feel bad. if they dont want me taking it then they should have gotten a better defense before saving money. defense is easier to build in this game than attack.

i just spent the last two hrs attacking/raiding. raided about 20 different people oil rigs

Gritix
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
To be honest with you I did show mercy at first to other players when I would find people with horrible deffence and I would be takeing over millions just by doing multiple attacks, intell when I finally had my fist major assualt which was one of my worst lost, I had lost over close to 8 million $$$ by one guy and than it hit me to not show any mercy no matter who you are because that is how war is done.

manbeast
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
To be honest with you I did show mercy at first to other players when I would find people with horrible deffence and I would be takeing over millions just by doing multiple attacks, intell when I finally had my fist major assualt which was one of my worst lost, I had lost over close to 8 million $$$ by one guy and than it hit me to not show any mercy no matter who you are because that is how war is done.

exactly. that is why there is still a war going on in the middle east. we are showing mercy, they are cutting innocent's heads off and putting it on the internet.

/political rant

Sia
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I just made an agreement with devil. He tells me who has non farmed oil Iraq and I give my soul to him and feel no remorse attacking and raiding! I just feel lazy searching!

Anyone read Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe!

Sia
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
So am I the only one who feels bad and stops when attacking players who've saved their money to buy something good ? Minus gold players, if you bought units im taking you for all you got ;)

Accursed Faustus, wretch, what hast thou done?
I do repent, and yet I do despair.
Hell strives with grace for conquest in my breast.
What shall I do to shun the snares of death?

--Act 5, Scene 1, Lines 68-71: Faustus to himself

JohnnyR
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I just got ravished for 2 mil cos I hadn't collected....and I still feel if ya can't handle a game there really is no hope for ya, lol.

Corsair
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Generally, I stop attacking when the hit is < 20k, and don't raid buildings where I won't make at least 80k. Not because I feel bad, but because the stamina can be spent better. But yeah, no sense being brutal, unless it is earned.

What?
06-04-2012, 06:59 PM
If I'm doing valor missions for the 499 or more allies and I notice the player lost a decent unit I'll usually stop. There are always other targets.

manbeast
06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I just got ravished for 2 mil cos I hadn't collected....and I still feel if ya can't handle a game there really is no hope for ya, lol.

u in the shark tank? or is that above 120?

JohnnyR
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't think I've hit the shark tank yet...

Odie
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I stop when I run out of buildings where 3x hits is less than 100k because the unit casualties can be rough. I have shown mercy before for people on my news feed who i ended up much stronger than...then a gold player hit my munitions stockpile while I was at work and had gotten it off collection cycle...and mercy ended.

Warfiend
06-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I only show mercy to those who ask for it or those who have sent me invites after I've worked them over(I see that as asking for mercy). Other than that, I'm ruthless when I'm attacking(usually only during events). I know the time will come when I get worked over and I'm not going to see them as dishonorable or jerks. I'm not going to like the fact it happened, but the other person who does it is just playing the same game I am and I hope it will give them the same fun it gives me, even if I'll be cursing them and their mothers under my breath when I see the news. :D

Fukersir
06-05-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm glad my first post is going well lol. And I agree with griftex. I can't hold back when people don't hold back on me, but dang do I hate those fights you shoulda won and didnt

siL
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
There is no point in having mercy to those who have millions of money unprotected, yet they didnt buy any good units...
I think they want us to take their money to be invested in our units...maybe they dont have any clue on what units to invest on...lolololol
Its pretty stupid to see some of these players....

Aidan
06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Valor missions- dont feel bad at all. I'll ride them as hard as i can especially if they give me no casualties.

Attacking/raiding for money- sometimes yeah. Especially when they send you a request after you rode them for 3 mil. Hard not to accept.

Arizona
06-05-2012, 05:06 AM
Sometimes I do. Mostly now, I don't feel for the other player at all. I know my time will come where it's me losing millions and there's nothing I can do about it.
I was attacking one player recently, took just over a million from him, and while I was piling the cash up, someone else was removing it from my base. I just thought it was hilarious.

Bronson
06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I haven't even thought about it, I go in hit it hard and go back home. I don't think about when I'm attacking people in MW either ;)

azy
06-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll ease up when someone asks for it nicely. You be rude and you shall reap what you sow. If someone fights back after a skirmish, I might go in one more time to establish the pecking order if possible.

But the player I like most is this gentlemen, I presume, who keeps on attempting to fight back, thus keeping himself at the top of my SitRep. He's got the perfect combination of att/def to maximize my BP while minimizing my risk. I've even left some friendly, conversation-starting msg on his board to give him a face-saving opportunity to reach truce. No dice, he keeps coming back for more. So... I've raided him at least 150 times today for a king's ransom in BP, plus $500K this last merry go round. I shall soon christen an Aircraft Carrier in his memory.

Note to self, don't fully disable boost buildings as that reduces BP for subsequent raids. Two hits per building will do. Battle point cow?

JMC
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I show no mercy.

Corsair
06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
So... I've raided him at least 150 times today for a king's ransom in BP, plus $500K this last merry go round. I shall soon christen an Aircraft Carrier in his memory.Just wondering...sounds like you prefer to farm BP over $? Because 500k is pretty small for 150 hits. Your economy is pretty big? (we're allies I'm too lazy to check ;) )

azy
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
@Corsair - As discussed in another thread, I believe we're now in an era of Valor economy. The best $ units pale in comparison to the best valor units, so money is of limited use. You need enough for building upgrades, mission requirements and non-valor unit replacement. And since I'm already sitting on a good amount of valor, I'm just itching to get to the next rank.

stricker
06-05-2012, 09:26 PM
...the issue with this thread is that the op leaves the answer to individual subjectivity!!! it's purely about touchy feely crud... this is war, which is about purpose, principle and results... NOT emotional goobely gop!!!

manbeast
06-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I'll ease up when someone asks for it nicely. You be rude and you shall reap what you sow. If someone fights back after a skirmish, I might go in one more time to establish the pecking order if possible.

But the player I like most is this gentlemen, I presume, who keeps on attempting to fight back, thus keeping himself at the top of my SitRep. He's got the perfect combination of att/def to maximize my BP while minimizing my risk. I've even left some friendly, conversation-starting msg on his board to give him a face-saving opportunity to reach truce. No dice, he keeps coming back for more. So... I've raided him at least 150 times today for a king's ransom in BP, plus $500K this last merry go round. I shall soon christen an Aircraft Carrier in his memory.

Note to self, don't fully disable boost buildings as that reduces BP for subsequent raids. Two hits per building will do. Battle point cow?

how many bps per hit are u getting?? and whats the best ratio? do u experience high cas. attacking such a strong player? pm if needed.

Fudge Packer
06-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Well I showed no mercy on this one poor individual and this morning logged on to this following post:

I feel sorry for the likes of you and your ilk, for you live your life*
as if their are no consequences! the day shall come when you
crawl into to smallest of fetal positions, begging for a reprieve*
of all the evil and injustices you have caused. However, there
shall be none, due to your wicked life choices.

Later, God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah*
and turned them into heaps of ashes. He made them an example*
of what will happen to ungodly people.*
* * * *(2 Peter 2:6 NLT)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

Do you think he was a little bit bitter?

Warfiend
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Well I showed no mercy on this one poor individual and this morning logged on to this following post:

I feel sorry for the likes of you and your ilk, for you live your life*
as if their are no consequences! the day shall come when you
crawl into to smallest of fetal positions, begging for a reprieve*
of all the evil and injustices you have caused. However, there
shall be none, due to your wicked life choices.

Later, God condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah*
and turned them into heaps of ashes. He made them an example*
of what will happen to ungodly people.*
* * * *(2 Peter 2:6 NLT)
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/sodom_&_gomorrah.htm

Do you think he was a little bit bitter?

Sounds like a religious nutter responding, in part, to your name. If it was me, I'd level his base and then post that Gengis Khan quote "I am the punishment of God... If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Thunder Child
06-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Sounds like a religious nutter responding, in part, to your name. If it was me, I'd level his base and then post that Gengis Khan quote "I am the punishment of God... If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."I'm gonna use that in my classroom!

azy
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
@Fudge - That's precious stuff! I hope you kept a screen shot before it rolls off.

@manbeast - Against this player, I get 200BP per raid/attack, which is much better than I get trawling the list. And even though his defense score is near my offense, I seldom loose a raid, so it's good BP/stamina point. Casualties are tolerable, mostly infantrymen, easily replaced by the money plundered here and there.

Fukersir
06-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Just throwing it in there cause I have unprotected money. The vault takes forever to bulk up!! You feel me??

Corsair
06-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Yep. Takes about 3 months non-stop to get to 10 mil. Just don't level up too quick and you should be OK.