PDA

View Full Version : 5 hits per 1 fight?

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm getting 5 attacks in instead of 10. Is there a reason for this? This has been happening to me a lot today. Thanks.

Edit:Summary of what I think we've learned over the past 17 hours:

1. 5 attacks per fight before a player is too beat up
2. You can only attack the same rival once within a set number of time, which we are assuming may be 24 hours? Others might still be able to attack that rival if the gun symbol stays above his head? There are some rivals with no gun symbols who are too beat up.
3. You need to attack a rival before you rob a rival if you want to make 5 full attacks. Each time you rob, that's one less attack the game allows toward the rivals 5 attacks.
4. It takes twice as much time to use up your stamina because you have to visit twice as many hoods to complete your TL goals. This means you are spending more time doing tedious rival searches to use up the same amount of stamina and people have described a "decreased drive and increased boredom" playing this game.
5. More hoods are now visited due to less attacks per rival, so more robberies will take place, so there will be less to rob in general.
6. More hoods are now visited, so everyone is even more pressured to make their own collections on time.
7. Respect from robberies have increased.
8. Any skill point strategy you implemented toward stamina/energy/attack/defense is now tampered with due to changes in the rules for attacking.
9. After the M4A1 nerfing without warning, we were promised by Funzio that we would be told beforehand about major changes to the game. Not only were we not made aware this change would happen, after it did happen Funzio did not post what the changes were, and customers have to spend their time guessing as to what was going on. The new and improved announcements page has not changed since April 23.
10. Yes, Funzio has been sold to new ownership, and the community has no idea how that affects their lives personally. Maybe they are happy with the sale maybe they are not. Regardless, if they are being proactive in taking the time to make major changes to the way people play and strategize in this game, they should also have moderators being proactive in taking the time to announce changes to this game.

I hope we start hearing from the Funzio team, because the speculation is exhausting and frustrating, and the community needs some consistent, positive support from the developers.

Ramshutu
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Me too, I thought it was just a lot of people active. I think they reduced the number of consequetive hits for attacks in MW, maybe theyve done the same thing here.

hinofwars
06-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm getting 5 attacks in instead of 10. Is there a reason for this? This has been happening to me a lot today. Thanks.

It is because other people attack your rival at the same time. So you will get less hit.

sexkitteh
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah sometimes I get 5 sometimes I get 7 or 8 but I've yet been able to hit someone 10times in a row... I thought it was because of my level...

Dr BoneCrusher
06-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Me too, no more then 5 making TL harder

Gaming Will
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I guy robbed my low level camper and only hit me 5 times when he could have had more. I know not the same but I thought it was weird.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 01:58 PM
It's every single fight for me, so it's not because someone else is attacking same time. It's not just TL goals that this effects, it's exactly what Will just said as I missed out on $50k twice as my attacks were cut short on players not banking money. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch and not a Rusty M4 A1 type development.

dudeman
06-04-2012, 02:04 PM
It's every single fight for me, so it's not because someone else is attacking same time. It's not just TL goals that this effects, it's exactly what Will just said as I missed out on $50k twice as my attacks were cut short on players not banking money. I'm hoping this is a temporary glitch and not a Rusty M4 A1 type development.

I have the same thing. Also hoping it's a temporary screw up. I have 100 stamina and it's hard enough to find 10 rivals at 500+ mafia for TL. Now I have to find 20?! If this is permanent then whoever made that call should be crowned king of the 499 rat douchebags.

kelpjuice
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM
same things happening to me, maximum 5 per fight. happened 4x in a row

Ramshutu
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
I've done some checks, it does look like it's other people attacking.

If I wait 30 seconds before attacking someone, I get the 'to beat up' message. Also, I Always attack the persons avatar, sometimes the fight icon disappears, sometimes it doesn't. With the latter, it is because someone has attacked in between my latest, and previous attack.

It's most likely a tweak to the rival list, in that everyone is attacking the same people.

vitus79
06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
i just tried it on 10 people, like 5 of em where strong players who dont get beat up that often a day i think. always only 5 hits max.

looks like they changed it. ppl say same in mw so its no surprise at all if funzio changed anther good thing into some worse, without any information to the players/customers off course

FatDaz
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Gonna have to work extra hard hitting rats now then

Euchred
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
So anyone know if you can still only get attacked every 2 hours? If so I can start no banking soon.

CplBlutch
06-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I just experienced the same exact phenomenon six times in a row... :(

koralene
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not getting more than 5 in a row... i hope this changes back soon... it sucks :(

TricksterMatt
06-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Yup, this is deffo not a coincidence. Hit 10 different people and all of them was a max of 5 hits... Thug life is gonna suck hard now lol

Caleb
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
It may include robs as well. I tried 3 experiments with different players.

5 attacks, then too beat up.
1 rob , 4 attacks, then too beat up.
3 robs, 2 attacks, then too beat up.

I was however able to do 6 robs on a fourth player.

Ramshutu
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
It may include robs as well. I tried 3 experiments.

Count to 30, then try attacking :)

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
If you think about it, if every rival's attack potential has gone from 10 to 5, since our stamina for attacking stays the same, then as a community twice as many rivals will now be attacked when we use up our stamina, meaning it will be that much harder to find rivals that are not "too beat up" to attack. And while I don't play MW, I just checked their forum and they did decrease consecutive attacks. It seems that despite the fact we were told that we would be warned of changes to the gameplay of Crime City, we were "Rusty M4 A1ed" without notice.
It may include robs as well. I tried 3 experiments with different players.

I was however able to do 6 robs on a fourth player.

Luciferianism
06-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Aww man I just tested, you're right. You can attack someone five times before they become too beat up, although the symbol remains above their head so I'm assuming someone else can come along for another five hits.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Lucifer, that is not the case. I hit someone five times. Left for another rival. Came back to the original rival's hood (he had symbol above his head) and when I attacked he was too beat up.

Luciferianism
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
... Then you didn't leave him for another rival you attacked him yourself two times. What you just said confirms my point perfectly. :s

Caleb
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Tried another variation. Robbed 5 times, then tried to attack and it said too beat up.

silverbackspur
06-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I Was getting 10 about 3 hours ago, now only 5

Johnny70
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
So anyone know if you can still only get attacked every 2 hours? If so I can start no banking soon.
seems like it is five fights and one hour now but thats IMO

Whyte Realdeal
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
This Idea really Sucks! So I am beginning to think that these events are more than just weapon events they are like tests to see where players are in terms of stamina, money and energy. If Im right the next event will be about energy. I hope not, because I forsee some real changes coming in the near future. Some may be good and some not so. I look forward to Funzio doing some things with the weapons and building nowbeing offered. But I hope that they really consider all players (which of course they will say they are).

Gaming Will
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
This Idea really Sucks! So I am beginning to think that these events are more than just weapon events they are like tests to see where players are in terms of stamina, money and energy. If Im right the next event will be about energy. I hope not, because I forsee some real changes coming in the near future. Some may be good and some not so. I look forward to Funzio doing some things with the weapons and building nowbeing offered. But I hope that they really consider all players (which of course they will say they are).

Interesting point.

outbackhat
06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Level 70
I still get 7-8 per fight before icon goes out 90% of the time.

vitus79
06-04-2012, 03:24 PM
more feedback from under level 100 please.. whats going on?

iteachem
06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Level 97 only allows 5 hits.. tried various methods

Vicious...
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm averaging 5 hits and the icon doesn't go out. If this continues I'm camping.

iteachem
06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Anybody test whether a player is still hitable by another player after the 5 is up. This could be significant for no banking

Also wonder if its event related to keep the number of coffers etc from being completely pillaged

Mikecore
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Only 5 hits per person....That's sad...

Daniel2115
06-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I hit someone 5 times, left and came back and it wouldn't let me attack again but the icon didn't disappear

iteachem
06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Who does this benefit? I can see campers not being hit as hard, but robbers can't be hit back as well.

I can see it hurts those doing Thug Life as it will take longer.

And less likely to loose significant defensive explosives. I never by those due to how easily they get taken, but if a player can only hit me every 5 times every two hours I might reconsider...

Burn
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
...they take with one hand, and give with another...

I appear to be getting much higher R points from building robs. I hope that is permanent.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 03:54 PM
It can't be a coincidence that they just increased Thug Life rewards above 300, yet have now made it twice as hard for everybody to search for players we are able to attack, since we will now be spreading our attacks on twice as many rivals as before. Since we will be visiting twice as many hoods, that HURTS people who do not collect on time.
Who does this benefit? I can see campers not being hit as hard, but robbers can't be hit back as well.

And less likely to loose significant defensive explosives. I never by those due to how easily they get taken, but if a player can only hit me every 5 times every two hours I might reconsider...

BOS
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I thought I was going crazy! IMO this was done to help more players participate in the PVP events in the future. If you have the top 100 attacking/robbing constantly with stamina refills, this will allow more of the others to attack/rob as well. Just a thought.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
That's really interesting. I did notice I got 22 Respect from a Loft, I just figured it was a really high level (it was blocked by a tree). But if we are not getting Respect due to less available attacks, it could make sense to give us more from robberies. Until the day we can only do 5 successful robberies in one hood...

I appear to be getting much higher R points from building robs. I hope that is permanent.

iteachem
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
J-Rizzi.. love that new signature

Fricco
06-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Just a thought..... this could be related to new TL goals, as a way to keep some people playing longer ?

Mr BigBenga
06-04-2012, 04:40 PM
We already got the problem with the 499ers to finish the tl goals.

Now will be twice times more harder.

vitus79
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
they must have noticed on the pvp event that theres far less people playing the game active than they might have thought. so maybe they want to take out some frustrations about 10 beatings to keep people playing instead of quitting once they get dropped into the high levels.

but for highlevels it is frustrating already, it takes me long enough to blow 85 stamina for thuglifes or just coins, even if i blind attack alot. now imagine 200 stamina as many claim to have..

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks for noticing. I think the forum rarely gets my humor, mostly because it's sarcastic. But I'm hoping now that I broke a big story, I've got some clout now.
J-Rizzi.. love that new signature

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm level 177. There were no problems with 10 attacks in a row this morning. But, it's a max of 5 now and the icon above the player you are attacking does not go away. I've left for a few minutes, attacked others and then come back, but they are all still too beat up and the icon above their head never goes away.

I don't like this change very much. They needed to stretch the levels out again for those I can attack. I keep seeing the same names, over and over and over at my level. It's almost impossible to find 20 different players I am strong enough to attack to empty my stamina. I bet those at my level with 100 stamina wish they would have stopped at 50 now.

If you're at lower levels, finish your TL goals before you level up too high.

Why this sucks for me: I think the most boring and tedious part of CC is going from one hood to another, waiting for each to load, only to find out they have spent too much gold for me or their attack is just too high. Making me have to visit twice as many hoods with this boring, tedious hood hopping takes a significant amount of fun away from CC for me.

Sad day :(

Twinkie
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
I think it's 5 hits for each player, but you can still be attacked by another. I just got attacked by a much stronger player who been after me for months. I'm pretty sure she didn't hold back. 3 minutes after, I was attacked by another player, almost the same stats, and my newsfeed showed 5 lines, 3 green, 2 red. Wouldn't try no banking unless you are absolutely sure you're too beat up. They just limit it to 5 per person, someone else can still come along and attack you for another 5.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
That's the whole point right there. I was getting really bored today with less people available to rob and fight. I only collect my 12/24/48 buildings twice a day. So what exactly are people supposed to do now when they "play" this game?
I'm level 177.
Why this sucks for me: I think the most boring and tedious part of CC is going from one hood to another, waiting for each to load, only to find out they have spent too much gold for me or their attack is just too high. Making me have to visit twice as many hoods with this boring, tedious hood hopping takes a significant amount of fun away from CC for me.

Coladonato
06-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't like this change very much. They needed to stretch the levels out again for those I can attack. I keep seeing the same names, over and over and over at my level. It's almost impossible to find 20 different players I am strong enough to attack to empty my stamina. I bet those at my level with 100 stamina wish they would have stopped at 50 now.

If you're at lower levels, finish your TL goals before you level up too high.

I couldn't agree more! I'm just glad I stopped at 43 stam. I still might take it up to 50 though, for stam refill purposes only

Ranier
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
I just robbed some camper for 150,000...30,000 each, lord I miss 10 hit.i wish I could screen shot a tablet

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
omg. It's not just 5 attacks per hood, it's 5 attacks per hood minus what you already robbed. First example, if you rob a hood 5 times, you can't attack as the player is already too beat up even though you didn't attack. Another example, if you rob one building twice, you can only attack 3 times before it says the player is too beat up. Even attacks that are not successful count against you.

Hint: Best way to visit another hood is to "rob" their hood to visit it, check their stats and then only attack if you know you can win. When you decide it's the right hood to attack/rob: attack them 5 times first, then rob or you won't get your attacks in. This way you hit the attack limit, but can still rob till your hearts content as it's still endless.

The good news: I won't have to buy any gold for stamina to attack anymore. I can't use what stamina I have without falling asleep at the phone.

iteachem
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Attack first then rob works, but your right rob 5 times and no attack is available....

Euchred
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I wonder if this was a way to get rid of a certain type of wall spam. If someone really got to me I would wait until they had something good to rob then I would rob the building then attack and go back and forth to the effect of 20 new news.

Probably not the reason but I like the new changes quite advantageous for someone in my position. My position being that I'm crawling through the last 9 levels of the game hardly pvping at all. I'm going to especially thrilled if I can only be beat up 5 times every 2 hours.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Ironically, that's exactly what I did earlier today before I realized the change. Saw an uncollected hood, but the girl had cash on hand. I thought maybe she was collecting at the time, so I attacked her first and only 5 attacks worked, then I robbed her blind.

Hint: Best way to visit another hood is to "rob" their hood to visit it, check their stats and then only attack if you know you can win. When you decide it's the right hood to attack/rob: attack them 5 times first, then rob or you won't get your attacks in. This way you hit the attack limit, but can still rob till your hearts content as it's still endless.

J-Rizzi
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Have we seen for sure, since this change, that rivals are walking around without the symbol, which means they are too beat up for anyone to attack?
I wonder if this was a way to get rid of a certain type of wall spam. If someone really got to me I would wait until they had something good to rob then I would rob the building then attack and go back and forth to the effect of 20 new news.

Probably not the reason but I like the new changes quite advantageous for someone in my position. My position being that I'm crawling through the last 9 levels of the game hardly pvping at all. I'm going to especially thrilled if I can only be beat up 5 times every 2 hours.

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Ironically, that's exactly what I did earlier today before I realized the change. Saw an uncollected hood, but the girl had cash on hand. I thought maybe she was collecting at the time, so I attacked her first and only 5 attacks worked, then I robbed her blind.

Nice, good work J-Rizzi. That sig is hilarious!

nopenopenope
06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Funzio changing the core game dynamics throws all players' strategies out the window when it comes to Skill Point allocation. They should balance this recent change by allowing self-SP resets, or never make a fundamental change like this again/in the first place.

(note: I'm not speaking for myself as I only have 40 invested in stamina, but for those with 100+)

Euchred
06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Have we seen for sure, since this change, that rivals are walking around without the symbol, which means they are too beat up for anyone to attack?

I'll find out tomorrow when I give people an incentive to attack me.

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Funzio changing the core game dynamics throws all players' strategies out the window when it comes to Skill Point allocation. They should balance this recent change by allowing self-SP resets, or never make a fundamental change like this again/in the first place.

(note: I'm not speaking for myself as I only have 40 invested in stamina, but for those with 100+)

I completely agree with the free Respec to allocate skill points differently given the changes. Given the track record, if they made this available, how much gold would it cost us? :P

DenZ1
06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought I was going crazy! IMO this was done to help more players participate in the PVP events in the future. If you have the top 100 attacking/robbing constantly with stamina refills, this will allow more of the others to attack/rob as well. Just a thought.

It is the other way around.

mongorie
06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
This is maybe the first move to make way for the 10 attacks event weapon....

nopenopenope
06-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I completely agree with the free Respec to allocate skill points differently given the changes. Given the track record, if they made this available, how much gold would it cost us? :P

SP resets were provided by Funzio for free initially, but they stopped honoring requests in a very short time.

nopenopenope
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
This is maybe the first move to make way for the 10 attacks event weapon....

What would be the point? Why not just make the weapon allow 15 attacks?

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 07:07 PM
What would be the point? Why not just make the weapon allow 15 attacks?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm completely against them nerfing something and then asking us to spend gold to get it back. No thanks.

nopenopenope
06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Add me and many others I'm sure to the list...

Crazy Horse
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I couldn't agree more! I'm just glad I stopped at 43 stam. I still might take it up to 50 though, for stam refill purposes only

I beg to differ. Think carefully.

Let me draw an analogy between stamina and a water tank. The stamina we are able to hold before it max out is like a water tank, the bigger it's the more stamina it's able to hold. The stamina refill is like a inlet pipe filling the tank at a constant rate. The attacks & robberies are like an outlet pipe draining the stamina in the water tank. The ideal condition is not to have the water tank overflow (wasted stamina).

The recent adjustment made by funzio is to half the outgoing flow rate (attacks/robberies 5 instead of 10). Everybody now is now having a outlet pipe that's flowing at half the rate. In fact if you have a bigger tank, you will benefit from this changes, cos you've more time to use those stamina before it overflow. Those having a smaller tank will experience an over flow more frequent.

I hope the above give you a clearer picture.

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 09:38 PM

I've tried to attack 3 players now that were too beaten up to attack without any robbing and they still show the icon above their head. I've not seen 1 player without an icon yet. Hopefully it's a bug and it will get fixed soon.

Edit: I just saw my first player with the icon gone from above the head. I'm also running into a lot with the icon that I can't attack even once.

Illuminati
06-04-2012, 10:03 PM
This new change sucks! My thug life goals have come to a crawl from looking for people to attack...

dudeman
06-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Yes, I have seen rivals with no gun symbol who are too eat up. Some of the same rivals have also appeared on my rivals list with no cash on hand or any money buildings to rob, and this after I personally beat them up 5 times only minutes earlier.

Having rivals on my list who have no cash on hand, no money buildings to rob, and are too beat up to fight, is total bullish*t. Not only do I have to beat up twice the number of rivals to expend my 100 stamina, but I also have to sort through a list that is partially compiled of "filler"? Fcuking lame.

Steve0
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
This is the absolute worst thing they have done to date you rob a building then attack them only to find out that you can only hit them only 3 times. They need to atleast have us rob then attack 5 times not the differance between the two.

dudeman
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
... They need to atleast have us rob then attack 5 times not the differance between the two.

What they really need to do is pull their heads put of their asses and then have a professional/licensed doctor syringe the diarrhea chunks out of their ears.

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
This is the absolute worst thing they have done to date you rob a building then attack them only to find out that you can only hit them only 3 times. They need to atleast have us rob then attack 5 times not the differance between the two.

I doubt anyone that plays the game would approve of the issues created like you explained. It should be considered a bug.

Given the current state of the game and delays on giving winner lists and long delays on prizes, I just can't see an email or anything getting them to address this. Maybe if we make this thread the biggest on the board?

Steve0
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I realy dont think its a bug. If it was it would only be a couple people. Someone said it mabe a prize to hit all 10 times its another way to make a event prize. Which now I do beleave. I agree they have to try new things but this is a complete FAIL.

Navi Ho
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Let me draw an analogy between stamina and a water tank. The stamina we are able to hold before it max out is like a water tank, the bigger it's the more stamina it's able to hold. The stamina refill is like a inlet pipe filling the tank at a constant rate. The attacks & robberies are like an outlet pipe draining the stamina in the water tank. The ideal condition is not to have the water tank overflow (wasted stamina).

The recent adjustment made by funzio is to half the outgoing flow rate (attacks/robberies 5 instead of 10). Everybody now is now having a outlet pipe that's flowing at half the rate. In fact if you have a bigger tank, you will benefit from this changes, cos you've more time to use those stamina before it overflow. Those having a smaller tank will experience an over flow more frequent.

Sorry this makes absolutely no sense to me. How does taking more time to "drain the tank" make it beneficial to anyone? The benefit is from using stamina not collecting it. Here is a different take on your water tank analogy. You are in the tank and want to drain it as fast as possible so you don't drown. Unless I am missing something, the change as you described it was to simply making it harder or take longer to drain the tank. This change is a greater disadvantage for players with high stamina as it requires more time to empty their stamina, in a fairly limited pool of players, particularly given the < 500 mafia that has grown rapidly. (Funzio should simply drop the goal requirement of 500 mafia and change it to either players within say 10 or 20 levels of you or simply above a certain level. Or make it above 200 mafia, so if you want to hide you take a substantial hit to potential attack and defense). I mean the goal isn't to keep stamina, it is to use it. What was done was to make it harder to use it quickly. Higher stamina players always had the advantage of leaving the game alone for longer periods of time without having the stamina fill up. now they also will need to play longer to try and use it up. if there is any advantage IMO it goes to lower stamina players.

Eyelusion
06-04-2012, 10:54 PM

I disagree with this too. It takes the same amount of time to fill up the tank, but much longer to drain it. This draining or hopping from hood to hood to hood is the most boring part of CC for me. Increasing the amount of boredom by making more hood hopping and extending how long it takes to use stamina, slows CC down and makes me want to fall asleep instead of have fun.

Johnny70
06-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Once upon a time in a land far far away three little dudes sat around one day, Inky, Binky, and Boo now these three dudes they were all big time business brains and they were about to form a corporation, now they wernt very creative but they were very very greedy. so as they sat in deep contemplation Inky suggested they call the new company "I.B.B. Greedy and company... Boo thought that was just a bit to long and maybe just a tad obvious to the common people they were planning to fleese, ah I mean do business with. so they decided to knock some letters off of both ends and just call it "GREE" now isnt that a funnyzio story?

Munch on it
06-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Also I've noticed you can't hit the same person more then 5 times a day which ya use to beable to do ten hits every 2 hours

Crazy Horse
06-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Sorry this makes absolutely no sense to me. How does taking more time to "drain the tank" make it beneficial to anyone? The benefit is from using stamina not collecting it. Here is a different take on your water tank analogy. You are in the tank and want to drain it as fast as possible so you don't drown. Unless I am missing something, the change as you described it was to simply making it harder or take longer to drain the tank. This change is a greater disadvantage for players with high stamina as it requires more time to empty their stamina, in a fairly limited pool of players, particularly given the < 500 mafia that has grown rapidly. (Funzio should simply drop the goal requirement of 500 mafia and change it to either players within say 10 or 20 levels of you or simply above a certain level. Or make it above 200 mafia, so if you want to hide you take a substantial hit to potential attack and defense).
I mean the goal isn't to keep stamina, it is to use it. What was done was to make it harder to use it quickly. Higher stamina players always had the advantage of leaving the game alone for longer periods of time without having the stamina fill up. now they also will need to play longer to try and use it up. if there is any advantage IMO it goes to lower stamina players.

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't use the word "benefit', it should be 'more suited to players with a higher stamina.'

Don't get me wrong. I made this statement cos somebody think that having lower stamina is better. I'm not happy this new arrangement too. This change is counter productive for all. It's getting twice as hard to empty the tank for everybody. Everybody suffers.

What I'm trying to say is : players with higher stamina can either double their effort to use the stored stamina and not waste it; in other words, they've options.

I agree with your suggestion on lowering the Thug Life requirement, currently there are limited target to hit. There are more rats & chickens now

koralene
06-05-2012, 12:01 AM
I have 80 stamina and struggle to use what I had before when I just had to hit 8 people but now it will take twice as long. I will be doing a lot less pvp than I was before as pvp has gotten incredibly boring and tedious.

Funzio are trying to get the hIgh level players to quit???? It sure bloody seems like it.

Ranier
06-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Its not f'n rocket science...the cap is design to keep people from totally raping others. Hell I made 150,000 from one guy in five hits...I would've cleaned him out before he even got back on every two hours with ten hits.do I like new 5hit system I could give less than a fk because I rob a lot because most ppl I've seen bank their cash

Jill
06-05-2012, 12:51 AM

This is what I'm noticing too Burn.

balax
06-05-2012, 12:55 AM
funzio did this in order players not to gain respect easily. If someone wants to have big numpers in attack or defence must buy gold. The game is free but most of us have spent money, they want to increase that

outbackhat
06-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Changed to 5 hits as soon as got within 150 of making 71 last night.

silverbackspur
06-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Hit 5 times, press rivals list find someone else to hit 5 times. Simple. Plenty of people to go round.
Roll with it

thecoolster4
06-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Hit 5 times, press rivals list find someone else to hit 5 times. Simple. Plenty of people to go round.
Roll with it

AMEN.... play the game, or quit

Whyte Realdeal
06-05-2012, 02:29 AM

That's interesting because this maybe where this is going. I am seeing that they are shfting towards the MW and KA type platform. Where attacks you loose items and have to replace them which makes you spend more money. I played a game like this before where you had to keep buying armor after you were in a battle. So I think they are getting ready to add some respect explosives. This will also add to the new events bonuses.

mongorie
06-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Is this 5 hits a day or limited to 5 hits every 2 hours?? I tried attacking this rival every hour or two and player is just too beat up.

Feng1234
06-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Just rob more. You get plenty of respects and good money too.

Automatic Slim
06-05-2012, 03:06 AM
This may not be apparent to those of you with full mafias, but it also seems the players on my rivals screen have been limited to those within a mafia size closer to mine. I have a mafia size of 255, and in almost 2 hours of scanning, the highest rival mafia size I saw was 323, whereas before I very frequently saw players with over 500 mafia. Now not only can we only attack 5 times, but the rivals list is more limited, it seems. After all that time, I only managed to whittle my stamina down to around 25/53 (though admittedly, at level 69 there are very few rivals out there with any buildings worth robbing).

Also, as dudeman mentioned, I encountered a few hoods where there were neither any buildings to rob, nor did the player have any cash on hand. Considering all the time I just wasted trying to find rivals to fight, or something worthwhile to rob, this is really a (completely needless) added frustration.

Luciferianism
06-05-2012, 03:22 AM
This sucks. I found a guy with a lot of on-hand cash and could only milk him 5 times.

Aid
06-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Is this 5 hits a day or limited to 5 hits every 2 hours?? I tried attacking this rival every hour or two and player is just too beat up.

I am only allowed to attack the same player once (5 times) in a 24 hour period, this also causes issues with the rivals list as I have hit many players but they still show up even though I cannot attack them and they do not have any buildings to rob.

Luciferianism
06-05-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm really annoyed by this update, I just robbed someone twice then could only attack them 3 times. It's completely against the adversarial nature of the game ... There shouldn't be this much damage control.

Spartacus
06-05-2012, 03:47 AM
I am only allowed to attack the same player once (5 times) in a 24 hour period, this also causes issues with the rivals list as I have hit many players but they still show up even though I cannot attack them and they do not have any buildings to rob.

Damn. There goes my strategy: Attack 2 players that I found that are holding 2M+ every 2 hours.

24h is a big jump from 2h. What was wrong with the original cool down???

masterxxx
06-05-2012, 03:47 AM
F*** Black Widow Shotgun if they we can only attack a player 5 times in a row.
It was better to be without Black Widow Shotgun and attack 10 times then this.

Black Widow Shotgun should be reward not curse.
Funzio f***ed us up.

kaz
06-05-2012, 03:52 AM
This concludes robbing too? I can't rob someone more than five times?

gsd
06-05-2012, 04:05 AM
If I rob first, it takes away from the attack attempts. I haven't found a limit on the robberies so if you are going to attack do it first to get your 5, then rob until your thieving heart is content or there is nothing left.

kaz
06-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow that's really sucks. I guess besides TL goals PVP is over for me now that the RP from robberies is significantly higher.

Aid
06-05-2012, 04:20 AM
Damn. There goes my strategy: Attack 2 players that I found that are holding 2M+ every 2 hours.

24h is a big jump from 2h. What was wrong with the original cool down???

So for players that like to use their newsfeed for payback it has become more difficult. I win many attacks, which means I would use the attack button in newsfeed and then rob from the results screen...once I attack a player from my newsfeed I have not been able to re-attack until 24 hours has passed. Now there is one player that I lost a robbery to so I still have the revenge button...othwise it is rival screen to find players.
Really hoping Funzio tweaks this a little...the one thing I see it accomplishing are players that beat down 24 hours a day by the same player get to be beat up by many others instead of just one player

SevenO9
06-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Maybe its just me, but this whole rp/rob is totally messed up. I just robbed a guys collection agency and got zero rp ...

Max Power
06-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Someday if ever asked, I will present Funzio as a poster child for how not to manage a community.

In the last 5 days alone we had an event that absolutely nobody understood and a fundamental change in the way people would choose to allocate skill points after only 9 months of playing the old way.

I just shake my head at this. Nobody could be this bad unless it is on purpose. You could take a high school freshman with an IQ around 80 and they could tell you how poorly this community is managed.

doinkent
06-05-2012, 05:13 AM
lol its not really a big deal, i dont understand the fuss

nazgul
06-05-2012, 05:24 AM
What gets me about all of this is the silence from Funzio. If they're going to make a major change to the rules like this, oughtn't it be announced? This forum isn't on a third party fan site, it is hosted by Funzio itself. Shouldn't there be more of a two-way dialogue? It kills me to see all of this speculation by avid game supporters like all of you, when someone from Funzio could so simply clarify things. Wouldn't it be nice to know why they made this change? I often find that not knowing the reasoning behind the change is worse than the change itself.

It's funny, because although they are two very different games, I see a lot of parallels between CC and Diablo II. There's a very similar community which is very active a decade since the game was launched. People used to have the same reactions when quiet changes like this were made. I hope Funzio reads some of the posts here and makes a decision to be more vocal with us. Without knowing for sure, then general consensus among the community tends to gravitate toward "Corporate Greed."

For crying out loud, today is June 5th, and the most recent announcement on the announcements page was on April 23!

Feng1234
06-05-2012, 06:04 AM
They got sold. Morale would be low so I doubt anyone is giving a damn. The community aspects is the last thing on their mind. With a new culture, they're going through the storming stage which is generally very chaotic. It'll take some time before they starting morning and getting into the rhythm of things. But yeah, the last event was totally lame.

Navi Ho
06-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Its not f'n rocket science...the cap is design to keep people from totally raping others. Hell I made 150,000 from one guy in five hits...I would've cleaned him out before he even got back on every two hours with ten hits.do I like new 5hit system I could give less than a fk because I rob a lot because most ppl I've seen bank their cash
Obviously isn't rocket science as you completely missed the point. Given the structure of the game the primary purpose of attacking people isn't to obtain cash but respect points and completion of goals. You make the choice of banking or not and therefore decide whether to pay the banking fee (Bankbuster owners excluded) or lose money in attacks. At a certain point of income it is more cost effective to be robbed by others rather than pay the banking fee. IF a person can only be attacked half as many times then the tipping point between banking or not has changed. And if 10 hits is supposedly a ****, does that make 5 just a fingering?

What isn't clear is can a person only be attacked 5 times period, or 5 times by the same person in a given period of time?

Twinkie
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
And if 10 hits is supposedly a ****, does that make 5 just a fingering?

So now we're getting fingered by many different people, instead of **** by the usual few?!?! Uh....:rolleyes:

BOS
06-05-2012, 06:22 AM
So now we're getting fingered by many different people, instead of **** by the usual few?!?! Uh....:rolleyes:

Twinkie, please don't talk dirrrty this early!! Makes for a long day ;)

J-Rizzi
06-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Summary of what I think we've learned over the past 17 hours:

1. 5 attacks per fight before a player is too beat up
2. You can only attack the same rival once within a set number of time, which we are assuming may be 24 hours? Others might still be able to attack that rival if the gun symbol stays above his head? There are some rivals with no gun symbols who are too beat up.
3. You need to attack a rival before you rob a rival if you want to make 5 full attacks. Each time you rob, that's one less attack the game allows toward the rivals 5 attacks.
4. It takes twice as much time to use up your stamina because you have to visit twice as many hoods to complete your TL goals. This means you are spending more time doing tedious rival searches to use up the same amount of stamina and people have described a "decreased drive and increased boredom" playing this game.
5. More hoods are now visited due to less attacks per rival, so more robberies will take place, so there will be less to rob in general.
6. More hoods are now visited, so everyone is even more pressured to make their own collections on time.
7. Respect from robberies have increased.
8. Any skill point strategy you implemented toward stamina/energy/attack/defense is now tampered with due to changes in the rules for attacking.
9. After the M4A1 nerfing without warning, we were promised by Funzio that we would be told beforehand about major changes to the game. Not only were we not made aware this change would happen, after it did happen Funzio did not post what the changes were, and customers have to spend their time guessing as to what was going on. The new and improved announcements page has not changed since April 23.
10. Yes, Funzio has been sold to new ownership, and the community has no idea how that affects their lives personally. Maybe they are happy with the sale maybe they are not. Regardless, if they are being proactive in taking the time to make major changes to the way people play and strategize in this game, they should also have moderators being proactive in taking the time to announce changes to this game.

I hope we start hearing from the Funzio team, because the speculation is exhausting and frustrating, and the community needs some consistent, positive support from the developers.

Navi Ho
06-05-2012, 06:40 AM

Well we are not certain of that, may only be getting fingered by the same few!!!!!

Anyway If the number of times you can be attacked has effectively decreased, then we will have more people carrying money that can't be attacked. If robberies get lumped into this then the strategy is to have a couple of laundromats and have non-mobbed friends rob them on a regular basis, that way you would effectively be reducing the attacks to 1 in the given period of time to regain "health" to be attacked again. This is why I think the cap might be applied to the attacker not the victim, (i.e. the victim retains the 10 hit limit, just one attacker can't deliver all ten hits). Also is it a 1 hour or 2 hour regen time before you can be attacked again?

Fricco
06-05-2012, 06:49 AM
What isn't clear is can a person only be attacked 5 times period, or 5 times by the same person in a given period of time?

From what i tested with yesterday, i can tell you can only attack that same person 5 hits in a 2 hour spand.

Fig Oni
06-05-2012, 07:26 AM
This is just a rumor but I think it's more true then rumor.

One guy who use to think he was the noodle gang slayer asked conzio to drop pvp to 5 because every 2 hour he was getting 10 loses chalked up on his stats.

Wait for it, wait for it he'll be posting me rubbish on my wall very soon..

As I told him once and let me tell him again 'No Fear Fig Oni'

DenZ1
06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Someday if ever asked, I will present Funzio as a poster child for how not to manage a community.

In the last 5 days alone we had an event that absolutely nobody understood and a fundamental change in the way people would choose to allocate skill points after only 9 months of playing the old way.

I just shake my head at this. Nobody could be this bad unless it is on purpose. You could take a high school freshman with an IQ around 80 and they could tell you how poorly this community is managed.

Agreed. It seems like it is not managed at all. After all, is it a guessing game or something? Why are we always has to ASSUME or GUESS or FIGURE OUT things? It's fun once in a while, but constantly??? We need to be informed on what the rules are, what the changes are, what is coming and when and if delayed, please notify us properly.
Dont want to disclose formulas? That is all right. Tell us what the hell is going on!!!! Why do I have to wake up in the middle of freaking night just to check if anything is going on??? I know I might choose not to, but I'll be in a disadvantage to others time zones.

Anyway.. needed to get some steam out. This lack of transperancy and constand changes behind our back do start to piss me off quite a bit, and it is not so hard to do :)

I'm freaking paid already over $1000 for this game so wtf???? All the customer support does is credit your gold back..or not :) Unfortunately that is all they good at..

Jewnuggets
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Your talking about Payams post about Sam? I can't believe anyone would believe anything that potatoe sack even says at this point.

Irregardless this just about seals my quitting sooner rather than later. Not gonna spend twice the time playing for the same goals. Completely retarded Funzio. Great Job R-Tards. 

Fig Oni
06-05-2012, 08:43 AM
@nuggets

You should quit.
Sam outed him you fool not visa verses.
He just posted his message on others players message board.

Jewnuggets
06-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Considering I don't spend half my life on this forum with 1000 plus posts FOOL you'll have to excuse my ignorance. At the end of the day I won't give a **** about you or this game because reality is.....It's still a game and anyone can sound like GOD over the Internet.

NotHappyatU
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Considering I don't spend half my life on this forum with 1000 plus posts FOOL you'll have to excuse my ignorance. At the end of the day I won't give a **** about you or this game because reality is.....It's still a game and anyone can sound like GOD over the Internet.

r u the jewnug at lv 200?

Vince the Fist
06-05-2012, 06:25 PM
It's always been 10 hits per player for me and I can do that once per hour. J Nuggets and Natahan will confirm that because they have both uncomplainingly born the brunt of my constant TL and HH goals for months now. I would assume you get less than 10 hits sometimes cos another player used them up. If you are in a European or US time zone that's likely. I play when most people are asleep.