PDA

View Full Version : Defence buildings - Is there a cumulative effect?

Arizona
06-04-2012, 05:31 AM
I know there may already be answers out there in some long hidden thread, but for myself and the benefit of new players here, what's the consensus on defending a building with numerous defence structures? Is the defence score the sum of all the defence buildings that cover it or are the lower scores made redundant?
Thanks

Jhoemel
06-04-2012, 07:40 AM
I dont know man, but this is for sure, if I raid buildings surrounded by multiple building I lose units, when no defense buildings, low to none

manbeast
06-04-2012, 07:43 AM
yes. every defense building that is within range will protect that building from raids

every defense building on your base will defend you from attacks

Khimsoo
06-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Btw, every money building has different defense score also. E.g. Nano has 80 def.

Mad
06-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I dont know man, but this is for sure, if I raid buildings surrounded by multiple building I lose units, when no defense buildings, low to none

I think defensive buildings are more important than people realize. When I add a defensive building the full amount is added to my defensive score. This compares to a unit you add -- which because you can only take a certain amount in combat -- only replaces one on your list. So for example if your new unit has a defensive score of 15 and it is replacing a unit with a defensive score of 11, your overall defense only goes up by 4.

I also believe defense building put around money buildings do not add defense to that particular building, as the defensive building defense score has already been included in your overall defensive stats. What they do -- and I can attest from personal experience -- is inflict damage on those attacking.

If a raider loses more units than what he gained financially in an attack he will start looking elsewhere.

Arizona
06-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Btw, every money building has different defense score also. E.g. Nano has 80 def.

I didn't know that. 80 is pretty good defence.
No point spending any money trying to protect it then. :cool:

commandNconquer
06-04-2012, 08:34 AM
nano has 80 def? prove it or thats not true. i remember calculating the exact formula for the total defense and it was only defense building, boost and units

Arizona
06-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I also believe defense building put around money buildings do not add defense to that particular building, as the defensive building defense score has already been included in your overall defensive stats. What they do -- and I can attest from personal experience -- is inflict damage on those attacking.
If a raider loses more units than what he gained financially in an attack he will start looking elsewhere.

How do you know what damage is inflicted on the attacker. I've never seen their losses show up on my news feed; just either "You Won" or "You Lost" and the additional info. Nothing though regarding the attackers' losses.

Khimsoo
06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
It doesn't contribute to your total def, but when u atk a nano vs another money building, u may lose units if it's a nano. U can do a test, I don't need to prove. I saw it in a plist posted by someone here previously.

Mad
06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
How do you know what damage is inflicted on the attacker. I've never seen their losses show up on my news feed; just either "You Won" or "You Lost" and the additional info. Nothing though regarding the attackers' losses.

I don't know for sure, like you said there is no record of what the raider lost. But I do know from personal experience. Just yesterday I raided a guy with substantially lower defense than my attack. He had a munitions at level ten, but had four defensive units surrounding it. Against my better judgment, I raided it and won the battle, if you can call it that. Raided twice but lost three units including a Stealth Frigate and a really good fighter. I quickly lost interest and left it alone.

Mad
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
It doesn't contribute to your total def, but when u atk a nano vs another money building, u may lose units if it's a nano. U can do a test, I don't need to prove. I saw it in a plist posted by someone here previously.

No it does add to your defense once the building has finished construction. I have seen my defensive stats go up once it was constructed. I have checked this out a number of times.

Arizona
06-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I remember the plist files. I think it was Nightstalker with them, or AO; can't remember.
I'd still like to see the original data.

Arizona
06-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't know for sure, like you said there is no record of what the raider lost. But I do know from personal experience. Just yesterday I raided a guy with substantially lower defense than my attack. He had a munitions at level ten, but had four defensive units surrounding it. Against my better judgment, I raided it and won the battle, if you can call it that. Raided twice but lost three units including a Stealth Frigate and a really good fighter. I quickly lost interest and left it alone.
OK.
It's something I'll have to try myself. Check what defence buildings are surrounding a target and see what the outcome is.

commandNconquer
06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
maybe it was just a coincidence that you lost a unit on nano and not on other money building it is too unclear and lacking in proof for me to draw conclusions ..

Dreno33
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I remember the plist files. I think it was Nightstalker with them, or AO; can't remember.
I'd still like to see the original data.

it was digitalwalker who posted them

Arizona
06-04-2012, 09:02 AM
it was digitalwalker who posted them
Ya that's right. Thanks for clearing that up. I just remember there being a "stalker or walker" in the name.
BTW Dreno, when are you going to ally?

Dreno33
06-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Ya that's right. Thanks for clearing that up. I just remember there being a "stalker or walker" in the name.
BTW Dreno, when are you going to ally?

haha. hmmmmm. hopefully before you quit!! i want to get like all money buildings lvl 20 and below to lvl 10 before not camping.

Here's a promise Xtro, you'll be the FIRST added(:

Khimsoo
06-04-2012, 05:03 PM
maybe it was just a coincidence that you lost a unit on nano and not on other money building it is too unclear and lacking in proof for me to draw conclusions ..

Maybe. Correction. Nano is def 44, it's diamond mine that has 80.
The info is in the plist but I m not too sure if the def score is used.