PDA

View Full Version : Is the Rival List rejigged?

Mad
06-03-2012, 09:24 AM
I am wondering if there has been a change to how the rival lists are determined. I initially thought it was level based -- you could attack people within one or two levels of you. Then I thought that the number of Allies factored into it as well.

But now I am not sure. I am begining to wonder if other factors are being considered when determining who is on your rival list. When I go out on pvp raids and attacks. I normally just ignored those at higher levels and with substantially more allies. I just didn't think I had enough attack to beat their defenses.

The other day I saw a guy at a higher level with nearly 50% more allies than me. I had not intent of attacking, but I thought I would check out his base/stats and I noticed that despite the extra allies and higher level he was easily within my attack range. I attacked and won, despite having significantly less allies.

I tested other rivals with more allies and noticed that all these players at higher levels and significantly more allies were all within my attack/raid range. I normally don't attack anyone unless their defense is 70% of my attack. I.e if my attack is 1000 his defense would have to be 700 before I attack. If his defense is higher (but still lower than my attack) then I raid.

What I have noticed again and again is that none of the players on the rival list were beyond my range of attack/raid. What are the chances of this?

I am wondering if attack and defense levels are also being factored into these rival lists.

andymac106
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
What I have noticed again and again is that none of the players on the rival list were beyond my range of attack/raid. What are the chances of this?

Same for me. I dont even look at the people I am attacking because 99/100 times I win if not all 100 times I win. /i mean its a stupid cocky strategy but even if the enemy has 50000 allies and you 500 you still stand as good as a chance as beating them without even looking at their stats

manbeast
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I am wondering if there has been a change to how the rival lists are determined. I initially thought it was level based -- you could attack people within one or two levels of you. Then I thought that the number of Allies factored into it as well.

But now I am not sure. I am begining to wonder if other factors are being considered when determining who is on your rival list. When I go out on pvp raids and attacks. I normally just ignored those at higher levels and with substantially more allies. I just didn't think I had enough attack to beat their defenses.

The other day I saw a guy at a higher level with nearly 50% more allies than me. I had not intent of attacking, but I thought I would check out his base/stats and I noticed that despite the extra allies and higher level he was easily within my attack range. I attacked and won, despite having significantly less allies.

I tested other rivals with more allies and noticed that all these players at higher levels and significantly more allies were all within my attack/raid range. I normally don't attack anyone unless their defense is 70% of my attack. I.e if my attack is 1000 his defense would have to be 700 before I attack. If his defense is higher (but still lower than my attack) then I raid.

I am wondering if attack and defense levels are also being factored into these rival lists.

rivals list is based on your lvl +/- 1 and your ally count

i dont believe atk/def stats factor into it. the fact they have more allies doesnt mean anything if they dont have units to back them up

i rarely run into people i cant attack. but thats b/c my stats are good for my lvl

Mad
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok I was out raiding and attacking and though some of these guys I attacked had nearly double the allies I did not find one exceeding a 2500 defense score. I have a defense of 2477 with 24 allies.

With rivals having allies in the 40s, I should be finding a number of them exceeding 2500 in defensive stats.

So I am wondering if the rival list is categorized not only by level but as well those that are between 0 to 2500 defensive score.